Information store size?

Does anyone know the file size limits for the information
store and public folders on exchg. 2003 std server.

......,priv1.edb and pub1.edb
0
anonymous (74722)

On Standard the limit is 16Gb

see:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/overview/default.asp

> Does anyone know the file size limits for the information
> store and public folders on exchg. 2003 std server.
>
> .....,priv1.edb and pub1.edb

0
nchasse33 (46)

HQ store
A client of ours has a store that is no longer in use. They want to keep the history for that store in HQ but use the licenses for a new store. Can this be done -- Bart M ...

Adjusting the size of the receipt
is there anyway to remove the spaces in between the items that are printed on the reciept? for example, there is blank paper at the very top before the receipt prints the header information, then there is a one blank like of space before the items sold information is displayed, then there is the blank space again then the amount tendered and change is shown, then there is a blank like space again then it shows how much a customer saved then a more space then the footer information then more space at the very bottom of the receipt. i understand because it uses XML variables to print the...

XML file loaded and stored as cached dataset?
Have loaded balanced web servers that we do not allow to connect to our database. Content is created and pushed to these sites. I want to add a web service that may get multiple requests a second depending on peak access. I have built an XML file from SQL DB and pushed this file to web server. I want to load XML file at application startup and leave it cached if possible (it will vary in size from 1-2MB) and treat it like an SQL table (rows & columns) that I can filter on and send XML subset back to caller. Maybe I should keep XML document loaded as XML Doc and pull my nodes/da...

Error rsp about merged cells being sized ?
I downloaded my cell phone bill in Excel so I could sort as I wanted. When I tried to do a Data/Sort/Col A, I got the following info/error from my Excel assistance. "The operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" What should I be doing to unlock the cells so they can be sorted? Thanks ! CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells. Format>Cells>Alignment. Uncheck the "merge cells" option. I would do this on a copy of the sheet. Don't know what your data will look like once the cells are "unmerged". Gord Dibben MS Excel...

New E-Mail User created with recovery mail store?
We have SBS 2003. I have been adding users witht he wizard without any trouble until recently. When I add the most recent user, the user is linked to the Recovery Storage Group instead of the First Storage Group. Also the recover Storage group is not mounted. My questions are: 1) What can I change to have my new users linked to the First Storage Group? 2) Should the Recovery Storage Group be mounted? Thank you for your assistance. Robert On Mon, 2 May 2005 13:32:05 -0700, "Robert1105" <Robert1105@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have SBS 2003. I have been a...

How do you increase the size of the Junk E-mail Filter list?
I know there is a Registry value you can change to increase the size of the Junk E-mail Filter list used by Exchange Server 2003, but I have not been able to find this info. Is there a Knowledge Base article or can someone help provide details about how I can increase the size of this list? My environment is smail (only a few users), so I am more concerned about how to provide more space in the Junk E-mail Filter list than I am worried about any impact this might have to performance. Thanks for any information that can be provided ... Take care, Dean I am pleased to pass along for...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

Sending a captured .dib file to an image box without storing it
I want to use a command button, say "cmdDisplayImage" to display/ transfer a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control to an image or OLE box on the same form such as "PhotoPreview" (not sure which one is possible/best...perhaps someone can help me...I'm new at this.) I really don't want to "save" it first. Then, I want another command button such as "cmdSaveImage" to save the file to a folder (such as \\Server\Database\Images when the user clicks another command button when they have the image they want in the "PhotoPreview" box. R...

Limiting attachment size per user
I have a quick and easy question. If my SMTP virtual server is putting a size limit on outgoing attachments to 4MBs and in Active Directory under Exchange General->Dilivery Restrictions->Outgoing Message Size->Maximin KB-> I give him 10MBs......who wins? And if the gateway always wins, how can I give a user more without making the global change on the Gateway? Thanks, Pete Hey Pete, I think this article pretty well answers your questions: 322679 Set Size Limits for Messages http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322679 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to t...

Problems creating a new Public Folder Store
I have a problem where I cannot mount a new public folder file (e.g. none exists and it is a fresh install and file) I am getting: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object ID no: c1041722 Exchange System Manager I have worked through all of the articles from MS Support, but the issue doesn't seem to be related to the permissions. The only thing out of the ordinary is that this is a small business server. Thanks Alot! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555146 ...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

font sizes for To, From, and Subject text boxes
How do you change the font sizes for these 3 textboxes when composing an email? When you set the fonts under Options->Mail Format, only the font in textarea for the message body gets changed. Thanks, Ernest Correct. That's what that setting is for -- to change the message font. If you want to change the font sizes of other elements, you'd have to design a custom form. In some cases, changing the overall Windows font size might also have an effect. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Dev...

Font Size in Outlook 2003 Too Large
When I open Outlook to compose an email, the font size that is displayed while I'm typing is large, probably at an 18 font size (I am using Word as my editor). When I send the message and then look at it in the sent folder, the font is not enlarged. In the sent folder the font size corresponds to the setting that is shown on the toolbar while I am typing. It seems that the only place that the font is out of whack is on the display. Any suggestions as to how I can correct this? Thanks for your help. You're probably zoomed in. Hold down the CTRL key and roll the wheel o...

Unusual "Properties" information
Several of my spreadsheets show a future "accessed" date in Properties...General. For example, I opened a spreadsheet today, Wednesday, January 26th, at 9:25 AM and the "accessed" date reads: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:46:50 PM What gives? Susan That is picked up from your system date/time. Is that correct? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04EF92C1-5281-495D-B3CD-BDD91541F31F@microsoft.com... > Several of my s...

Font size changing automatically when sending mail
My employee is sending mails that, although they look fine when creating, once sent, the font size changes automatically on various lines of the e-mail. ...

Screen sizes are not supporint my program
Hi all, I developed a program in Access, and now I am implementing it I got one PC with 15inch screen my forms are big for that monitor (all command buttons are not showing on the screen) but working good on 17 inch where I developed. Please advise solution which fits all size of screens. Thanks in advance Access does not scall well to difference resolution screens. It's not the size of the monitor that's the problem. Rather it's the screen resolution. See if you can change it by right clicking on the Windows desktop and going to properties. Of course things will look t...

Preview pane HTML text size too small.
How do I increase the text size of HTML messages in the preview pane? For that matter, can I increase the size of everything in general in the preview pane for HTML messages? Thanks. Mike;1255475 Wrote: > How do I increase the text size of HTML messages in the preview pane? > For that matter, can I increase the size of everything in general in > the preview pane for HTML messages? Thanks. 1. Click on "tools" 2. Click on "options" 3. Click on "read" 4. Click on "fonts" -- rhlhamlet On Apr 17, 9:19=A0pm, rhlhamlet &l...

Will failed backup dismount mailbox stores?
Hi all, Recently, our exchange 2003 backup software constantly failed. Will failed exchange backup dismount mailbox stores? (I could not remember where I read about this: in exchange 2000, if the log files reach 1,000, the mailbox store dismounts. what about exchange 2003?) thank you. There's no uppper limit on number of log files (well, there is - because of the way these are numbered, but most organizations never reach that limit). However, failed backups result in log files being accumulated which can quickly fill up the volume on which these reside. When the volume runs ou...

Exchange mailbox size??
ok, someone must have asked before, sorry if this is double post. With the following specs, what is the max mailbox size recommended? Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you! - Windows 2003 SP1 - Exchange 2003 SP2 w/ 25 Users - DL360 3.4G 1 CPU - 4GB RAM - 150GB SCSI U320 mail box size is really up to you. with 25 users odds are you will not max this out for a while. What version of exchange is it standard or enterprise Standard has a 16 GB limit but with SP2 you can change that via a registry entry to 75 GB limit If it is enterprise then you can go pretty big. I usually see...

Filter Information.
I have a Form that pulls information from different tables and queries but I would like to be able to filter only certain information if its possible. here is what I currently do. I have a mainboard with buttons. I click a button to open the Form. The Form shows job numbers, record numbers, and other information. I than have to use the next/previous buttons or the search to find information. what I would like to be able to do is only show the information for a selected job number or when I click the button to open the Form have it ask me for the job number and than only show that j...

Account information on contact form
Hi, I would like to show the main phone number of the parent customer on the contact form. But the field is not available. How can I do this. You do not have access to fields from related records on detail pages. You could add an IFRAME that has a custom ASPX page that displays the desired info though. Or you could use a callout to propogate the account phone changes to a field on the contacts. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mads Bab" <MadsBab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519649E0-F643-4E6F-811F-34E8D6C16C10@microsoft.com... Hi, I would l...

Font Size
We loaded an anit-virus software on our server - AVG and found a virus. But after removing virus our font size is very small in Dynamics. It had messed up fonts on other programs, but they all corrected after rebooting. I've reloaded Microsoft Dynamics and that didn't work. I've changed the font size on the display properties, which increases fonts everywhere BUT Microsoft Dynamics. Any suggestions? ...

Interactive Web Frame Size
Does anyone know of a way to increase the size of the Excel spreadsheet that is displayed in the web page when a file is saved as a web html and interactive is selected? I would like to be able to see more of the Excel spreadsheet without scrolling within the Excel window. Any ideas? Thanks, Christi ...

RMS Store Operations should only allow one user in a PO.
One of my customers is having problems due to multiple users opening the same PO. This is the scenario he reports and I have verified in testing. He is on V1.2.0185. User one opens an existing PO and adds 100 line items. User two opens the same PO on a different Manager PC. User two adds one item and clicks OK, saving the change. User one then finishes his work on that same PO, clicks OK, and this error comes up. Data has changed! Another user has updated this record. The system cannot save your changes. All the changes to that PO from user one are lost. I understand why this error occ...

Anyone using Retail Mgmt System for large appliance store?
We have a large appliance (white goods) store and are seriously considering purchasing the RMS. I would like to know if anyone is using it for their appliance store and if you have any concerns. Does it handle delivery/pick up information well? Thanks so much. I bellieve this would work well for you. Where are you located? How many stores in the chain? If you wanted to talk further my email is tcormack@factor1.com. "Cruiser" wrote: > We have a large appliance (white goods) store and are seriously considering > purchasing the RMS. I would like to know if anyone is us...