Information store is down. Please help

I installed a new anti virus software. I did not exclude any files or
folders. It deleted some files from my exchsrvr server. I can not get these
files. Now, my information store is down and will not start. What do I do?

I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K SP4

are you sure the AV deleted the files, or did it quarantine them?  if it
quarantined them, stop all AV, stop all Exchange services, find the files
and move them back where they belong...then you might be able to start
everything back up...if this doesn't work, I would call PSS...

"Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I installed a new anti virus software. I did not exclude any files or
> folders. It deleted some files from my exchsrvr server. I can not get
these
> files. Now, my information store is down and will not start. What do I do?
>
> I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K SP4

0
susan7353 (1225)
4/22/2004 3:03:30 PM
"Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I installed a new anti virus software. I did not exclude any files or
>folders. It deleted some files from my exchsrvr server. I can not get these
>files. Now, my information store is down and will not start. What do I do?
>
>I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K SP4

What did it delete?
What package?
What messages/events etc are you getting logged when you try to start
the store.
Your worst case is a restore from backup so it's a good plan to get
the tapes back from the data waarehouse while you've working on the