Information Store Corrupted

Guys,, I think I'm in very deep trouble.
I have two Exchange 5.5, one for outgoing mail and one
for incoming, the incoming mail sever is a W2K and is the
Domain Controller. My DNS server is a separated dedicated
server.
I had a big power failure last thursday night. The three
server sudently shut off and restart again after the AC
came back.
On friday morning I realized we didn't have email
service, I checked the outgoing server and it was OK, but
on the incoming server the Information Store Service was
not starting, I went to the web  and found this article
about how to recover from a Currupted Information Store:
us;272570
I followed all the steps, and now the Information Store
Services is starting, but the Internet Mail Server is
not, I don't see any error on the Event Viewer, and
nobody can log into their mailbox; and if I try to log in
using OWA it behave like the username or password is
wrong. Looks like there is not comunnication with the
Active Directory or something like that.
I have not idea what path to follow now. Please, any
suggestion will be apreciated.

Thanks

MANUEL...
0
anonymous (74722)

What exactly did you do ?  The article has several courses of action.  How
far did you take it before the IS started?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Manuel..." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Guys,, I think I'm in very deep trouble.
> I have two Exchange 5.5, one for outgoing mail and one
> for incoming, the incoming mail sever is a W2K and is the
> Domain Controller. My DNS server is a separated dedicated
> server.
> I had a big power failure last thursday night. The three
> server sudently shut off and restart again after the AC
> came back.
> On friday morning I realized we didn't have email
> service, I checked the outgoing server and it was OK, but
> on the incoming server the Information Store Service was
> not starting, I went to the web  and found this article
> about how to recover from a Currupted Information Store:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;272570
> I followed all the steps, and now the Information Store
> Services is starting, but the Internet Mail Server is
> not, I don't see any error on the Event Viewer, and
> nobody can log into their mailbox; and if I try to log in
> using OWA it behave like the username or password is
> wrong. Looks like there is not comunnication with the
> Active Directory or something like that.
> I have not idea what path to follow now. Please, any
> suggestion will be apreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> MANUEL...

0
nospam6185 (535)
8/16/2004 12:35:44 AM

Hi

I did pretty much everything until it tell you to run the
Consistency Adjuster, at that moment the IS could start,
but the problem I have now is that Internet Mail Service
is not running, looks like an authentication problem.
I have only 25 mailboxes on my IS, I don't know if there
is a posibility to export all mailbox's data somewhere
else clean the IS and then import it back.
Sorry, I'm not an expert on Exchange and this is
practically the first problem I ever had with it.

Thanks so much for the help

0
anonymous (74722)
8/16/2004 12:56:43 AM
Please list everything *YOU* did

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

> Hi
>
> I did pretty much everything until it tell you to run the
> Consistency Adjuster, at that moment the IS could start,
> but the problem I have now is that Internet Mail Service
> is not running, looks like an authentication problem.
> I have only 25 mailboxes on my IS, I don't know if there
> is a posibility to export all mailbox's data somewhere
> else clean the IS and then import it back.
> Sorry, I'm not an expert on Exchange and this is
> practically the first problem I ever had with it.
>
> Thanks so much for the help

0
nospam6185 (535)
8/16/2004 1:02:29 AM
I was having this error:  4294966746

I typed this
c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh ..\mdbdata\priv.edb (but
pointing to D:\ where my priv,edb is)

c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh ..\mdbdata\pub.edb

The data was inconsistente , so I typed: (again, with the
priv pointing to D:\)

c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /r /ispriv

c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /r /ispub

After checking consistensy with no results I typed::
c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /p /ispriv
c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /p /ispub
I deleted all  .log and .chk files

I defragmented the priv and pub again

Then I used:
c:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -pri -fix -test alltests
c:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -pub -fix -test alltests

I started the IS.

But I can't still log on into any mailbox (bad username
or password),, I even tried to use Telnet, but I have Log
On error at the momento of typing the pass.
The Internet Mail Service is not starting and I'm getting
these errors:
Event ID : 4018
Event ID : 4116

Check this link
us;186739

I've checked everything it says in that link  and in
every other link related. No results yet.

Thanks again
MM

0
anonymous (74722)
8/16/2004 1:20:18 AM
If you open up the Exchange Administrator program and look at the properties
of a mailbox, is there an account assigned as the primary NT account?  On
the IMS, what errors are you seeing in the application event log when you
try to start it?   Have you checked your system event logs for disk
controller errors?

We can work with this from here, but by using the /p option, you have really
rendered your database in a state such that dataloss is almost certain.
Once you work out the mailbox access issue,  you may want to consider
running exmerge to export all the mailboxes, and importing the data back
into a newly created database, or better yet, build a new server, and join
it to the site.  Then move all the mailboxes off of the old server.  Another
option is restoring the information store from your last good backup.

--

> I was having this error:  4294966746
>
> I typed this
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh ..\mdbdata\priv.edb (but
> pointing to D:\ where my priv,edb is)
>
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh ..\mdbdata\pub.edb
>

> The data was inconsistente , so I typed: (again, with the
> priv pointing to D:\)
>
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /r /ispriv
>
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /r /ispub
>
> After checking consistensy with no results I typed::
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /p /ispriv
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /p /ispub
> I deleted all  .log and .chk files
>
> I defragmented the priv and pub again
>
> Then I used:
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -pri -fix -test alltests
> c:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -pub -fix -test alltests
>

> I started the IS.
>
> But I can't still log on into any mailbox (bad username
> or password),, I even tried to use Telnet, but I have Log
> On error at the momento of typing the pass.
> The Internet Mail Service is not starting and I'm getting
> these errors:
> Event ID : 4018
> Event ID : 4116
>
> Check this link
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;186739
>
> I've checked everything it says in that link  and in
> every other link related. No results yet.
>
> Thanks again
> MM

0
nospam6185 (535)
8/16/2004 1:44:26 AM

I think I'm gonna go for the exmerge procedure. Look, I
have an outgoing mail server that doesnt have any
mailbox, do you think I can use exmerge to export all the
mailoxes to that server, try to access them there, check
if everything is allright, then reinstall the original
incoming server and take the mailboxes back to were they
belonged? (putting the mailboxes at the outgoing only to
make sure the Database is fine, sorry but that export
thing scares me, there are some very importan emails in
there I don't have in any backup and I dont want to loose
them).
I already exported the User Accounts using Tools|Extract
Windows NT Account List..)

Thanks
MM
0
anonymous (74722)
8/16/2004 1:55:29 AM
If the other server is part of the same site, don't use exmerge.  Just move
the mailboxes to the new server.  At that point you can delete and recreate
the database on the original server, and then move the mialboxes back there
if you wish.  This will not mitigate any dataloss you have already incurred
but should ensure you data integrity moving forward.

Did you check if the primary NT account information for the mailboxes got
lost somehow?

--

> I think I'm gonna go for the exmerge procedure. Look, I
> have an outgoing mail server that doesnt have any
> mailbox, do you think I can use exmerge to export all the
> mailoxes to that server, try to access them there, check
> if everything is allright, then reinstall the original
> incoming server and take the mailboxes back to were they
> belonged? (putting the mailboxes at the outgoing only to
> make sure the Database is fine, sorry but that export
> thing scares me, there are some very importan emails in
> there I don't have in any backup and I dont want to loose
> them).
> I already exported the User Accounts using Tools|Extract
> Windows NT Account List..)
>
> Thanks
> MM

0
nospam6185 (535)
8/16/2004 2:00:37 AM
The primary NT account is fine, I checked it

As I told you, I'm using to EX Server, both are using the
same AD, they should be in the same SITE, but I dont know
how to check that, could you please tell me,? and tell me
how to make them belong to the same site,, and the
process of moving the mailboxes?

Thanks

MANUEL...

0
anonymous (74722)
8/16/2004 3:09:12 AM
The easiest way is to just try to move the mailbox to the other server from
the tools menu of the admin program.  You won't be able to move a mailbox to
a server on a different site.

--

> The primary NT account is fine, I checked it
>
> As I told you, I'm using to EX Server, both are using the
> same AD, they should be in the same SITE, but I dont know
> how to check that, could you please tell me,? and tell me
> how to make them belong to the same site,, and the
> process of moving the mailboxes?
>
> Thanks
>
> MANUEL...

0
nospam6185 (535)
8/16/2004 3:15:30 AM
As an aside, you have added a UPS to each server, right? You can't afford to
have servers, especially ones like Exchange powering off unexpectedly.......

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Manuel..." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Guys,, I think I'm in very deep trouble.

0
rasilon1 (689)
8/16/2004 9:57:44 AM
The thing is that there is only one server on the list
(the damaged one). The other one is not there, and if I
try to add a new Site Connector (in "Connections") I get
this error:
"You must specify a server that is in the 'AAA'
Organization, but not in the 'AAASite'  site"

Am I using the right procedure to add the other server to
the site?
Thanks again

0
anonymous (74722)
8/16/2004 1:58:26 PM
When you install Exchange 5.5, the setup program will ask you for the name
of another Exchange server when you join the site.  The new server should
but doesn't have to be part of the same Windows domain, but will need to
know the password for the site services account of the first server.

No offence intended, but it sounds as if you may be in over your head.  Your
server should have been recovered by now.  I would advise calling Microsoft
Pay support at this point, and they will walk you through the recovery
process.

--

> The thing is that there is only one server on the list
> (the damaged one). The other one is not there, and if I
> try to add a new Site Connector (in "Connections") I get
> this error:
> "You must specify a server that is in the 'AAA'
> Organization, but not in the 'AAASite'  site"
>

> Am I using the right procedure to add the other server to
> the site?
> Thanks again

0
nospam6185 (535)

use a results in a Query to compare with information in a table
This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for that time. Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced per hour. This is all good but now I need it to compare the “part number” returned in the Query with the “part number” in the Parts table and compare the “parts per hour produced” with the “parts per hour estimated” and return as % efficient. How do I that information from the parts table? Thanks for any help. Access 2007 We're not there, we can't see your...

corrupt pst file problem
I use Outlook 2002 with Internet Mail Only (IMO). My pst file is 540,944 bytes. When I use Outlook now, it is likely that my computer will crash with a blue screen.\ "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error": I tried to copy my pst file before I tried to fix or change anything but at the very end of the copy I get an error "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error". I have used Norton disk doctor and PC-Doctor to check the hard disk (NTFS). PC-Doctor reports no errors, Norton reports a couple of indexes that should be deleted. I was surprised that sea...

Ms Oulook-Information store could not be opened
Hello I hope someone can help me with an oultook problem I am having. I have just moved to a new city and I am trying to access my e-mail on my comouter. Our office is operating and exchange server for e-mail. I have a windows XP and outlook 2002 on my home machine. I am accessing through a network provided by the university. Whenever I try to access my e-mail. Outlook takes forever trying to connect to the server and comes back with a message saying the server is not available now and gives the option of working off line or retry. When I retry I get an error message saying that in...

Internet Order variables in exchange table through the Yahoo stores module
Hi everyone, I have a custom built shopping cart based on the yahoo stores module and I use the exchange table to import the web orders. The only documentation I have is the example provided in the Knowledge base. In the example, there is no tag for discount, how can i specift a discount the the transaction? Also, the currency is denoted by: <Order currency="USD" id="smspos-588"> Some orders are in canadian, what should I write in this case? Thank you very much Rami I would imagine the Canadian currency is just set to CND and the smspos-588 stays the same. T...

Epson TM-H6000II Printer using Windows Driver with Store Operation
I have downloaded the printer driver from Epson. The receipt prints very slow. It looks good, but takes for ever to print. Does anyone have a clue why? I'm wondering if my dip switches are set correctly. Any ideas on dip switches? Try using an OPOS driver. It may increase the speed. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Steve A. Petty" <Steve A. Petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08961FB9-F8D9-4C6A-91E7-E04A035EB4B9@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded the printer driver from Epson. The receipt prints very > slow. It looks good, but ...

Upgraded OE 6 fails to recognize previous Store directories emails/folders
Dear Sirs, For several months, I had been using IE/Outlook Express 6.0/SP1 with no difficulties. During that time, because of many thousands of Yahoo type group emails, I decided to use my OE 6's Tools--> Options --> Maintenance --> Store Folder option to change my Store Folder from my small C drive, to a folder on my large, external USB D drive. This was working just fine, after exporting once, all of the emails to that drive (except for whenever I forgot to turn on the external/USB drive, then, I would have to go through the above process (except for the export) to change the...

Filter information from a combo box to a combo box
I have a equipment table(EqID,Descr,location,etc)and a equipment fixed table(JobID, empoyee, Location, EqDesc,etc) what i need to do is select in a form from a combo box the location(already have) and select from another combo box the equipment linked to the location filed, can some one help me please Take a look at any or all of the following: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209595 http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011730581033.aspx http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/access/HA011730581033.aspx?pid=CH063650361033 -- Doug Steele,...

Collecting customer information at time of sale.
We would like to collect zip codes for each customer and display reminder prompt the cashier to offer gift certificates? Any suggestions? In a prior post someone had recommended setting up a walk in customer but this would prove very cumbersome when the store is busy. Thanks in advance. For our clinet, we had set-up customers as surronding area zip code. For e.g. zip-code 10020, customer account # = 10020 So at the time of the sale select the correct zip-code / account #. This will make it easy to know which zip codes your customers are coming from and do marketing accordingly. Mihir S...

EX2K
I'm running a single instance of Exchange 2000 on a member W2K3 server. Using NTbackup the account I've designated to run the tasks under can't back up the information store. Logs show the following message: Error: <server>\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group is not a valid drive, or you do not have access. The account is a member of the local backup operators group and can successfuly backup all drives and the system state. My admin account can back up the IS with no problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd rather not continue running the IS ...

Update a spreadsheet with new information.
My problem deals with data. I obtain data from my company database and copy the information onto Excel spreadsheet. There are about 6 columns with the last column being labeled the "Notes" column because that's where I track and leave notes on how things are going with each item. The PROBLEM is that our database is constantly being updated with new information. Thus I am forced to either create an entirely new spreadsheet and sit there re-entering my "Notes" information for each item OR to go through my original spreadsheet and compare it to the new one to find ...

Excel changing information to date
I am receiving a .csv file which has parcel information in it(municipal use). The parcel information includes a lot ID which comes in two forms map-lot or map-lot-sublot. A parcel identified as Map 99 Lot 23 would com in as 99-23, Map 99, lot 27-4 would be 99-27-4. When opening the CSV file in Excel this works fine as long as this id does not look like a date such as Map 2 lot 15 or map 2 lot 15-2, which would be 2-15 or 2-15-1 which Excel converts these upon opening to 15-Feb and 2/15/2001. Is there a way to force Excel to stop making these conversions? There are two many record...

Store domain/username for Exchange on Outlook 2003 client
Anyone know how to store the domain and username on a client machine using Outlook 2003 and an Exchange Server? With all previous versions of Outlook, you simply had to add a couple keys to the registry in : HKEY_Current_User/Software/Microsoft/Exchange String Value : LogonDomain = "value" String Value : UserName = "value" These values are not used by Outlook 2003 - if anyone knows the correct registry location, I would appreciate the answer. ...

Money Money 2002 invoice designer corrupted
after installing Money 2002 on a new computer, fresh installation, I went to print an invoice and brought up the invoice designer to add a logo. The program actually locked and seems to have corrupted the invoice printing routine. So now I can no longer print any invoices, no templates even appear to select from, just blanks. I reinstalled Money thinking that might fix the problem but it doesn't. None of my older invoices (historical ones that printer fine on my old computer) print either on the new install. Is there some file that can be copied over to fix this. Seems like...

Office 2004 Font corruptions.
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3225198807_23082 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hello, Has anyone else experienced major issues with Fonts Corruption with Office 2004. But with all other programs my fonts work 100%. I had this problem before with Office, it mainly does it when either upgrading the OS 10.4.x or updating the Office 2004 package. Are there any fix programs that will fix the fonts for me. Regards Andreas --B_...

Outlook 'Corrupted' (crashes system)
Is there a utility/procedure for testing/fixing Outlook? I was working with Outlook and for some reason it freezes the whole system (WinXP) when I launch. Even if I click a link in the browser that launches a mail doc (e.g. Craigslist reply) once it loads the system freezes. Any help appreciated! Version of Outlook? Email environment: POP3, Exchange, etc.? Anything in the application event viewer? Using a PST? Any error messages/numbers? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "ms@connectioncafes.com" wrote: > Is th...

Printing email without header information
We need to print a large number of emails, but we need to be able to do it without the annoying header information ie: the name of the user who sent it to the printer. How can this be done? Perhaps some other mail client can do this? You can't do it in outlook- have no idea if other clients support it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solu...

Excel Chart Vertical Lines Corrupting?
Does anyone know why vertical lines plotted with a XY series on a line chart would become corrupted? If so, is there a fix or way to prevent this? I update 6 workbooks monthly and each has about 40 line charts. We added vertical lines to all of the charts 6 months ago using the technique in John Walkenbach's "Excel Charts" book. We adjust the vertical lines by changing the values in the A column of a single table each month: A | B ------------------------------------ | XY Series | | ------------------------------------ | | ...

Information about the OS
Hello, are there functions to retrive information on wich operating system (Win95, 98, ME, XP) the programm runs? Thanks! Kai Sandner "Kai Sandner" <ks@polycolor.de> wrote in message news:1124018366.518807.53170@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > are there functions to retrive information > on wich operating system (Win95, 98, ME, XP) the programm > runs? GetVersion[Ex]. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

How can I retrieve information from CRM without software?
My organization used to have CRM 4 from Microsoft. We no longer have the software but still have all of the files. Is any one aware of how I can read the data that may be in these files with ease. I have client information in there that would be great to have. Cheryl; If you still have your organizationname_MSCRM database, you can retore that to a SQL server and access the information in the tables. You will most likely be interested in the AccountBase and ContactBase tables. Dave Ireland "CherylM" <CherylM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F2A9E1...

Project Server OLAP Database
Today I started getting a strange error whenever I access anything within the Project Server OLAP database. Questions: 1. The actual Project Server databases (non OLAP) are working fine. Can I generate or recover the OLAP database from the non-OLAP databases (Note: I don't have a backup for the OLAP database but only for the non-OLAP databases) ? 2. Is there any fix for this issue? The error is as follows: File system error: The following file is corrupted: Physical file: \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\ProjectServer.0.db\Task Is Milesto...

Help with combining information
I am trying to find an easy solution to combine data. Example: Old Acc New Acc Description Amount 123.120 123 whatever 50.00 155.120 155 whatever 125.00 155.120 155 whatever 220.00 155.120 155 whatever 243.00 199.120 199 whatever 157.00 What I would like to do is be able to roll up the data eg: Old Acc New Acc Description Amount 123.120 123 whatever 50.00 155.120 155 whatever 588.00 199.120 199 ...

Web Service returning class in XML with namespace information
Hi All, I am trying to return a class from a Webservice without having to deal with xmlns:xsd and xmlns:xsi. I have to get rid of those because this is sent over an expensive network and I'd like to minimize the cost. I've seen posts that show how to do this, but it didn't work for me. Here is what I've done so far: public class clsQueTrans { public string label; public byte[] data; } [WebMethod] public clsQueTrans GetNextMessage(string queueName) { clsQueTrans qt = new clsQueTrans(); qt.label = "fing"; qt.data = new byte[10]; for(int i = 0; i <...

Check Information
Good evening. I am new to Money for the most part. I used Money 2004 Standard and downloaded my bank transactions daily. I have upgraded to MS Money 2006 Deluxd and am trying to use the Online services and automatic updates. Money connects to Key Bank fine, but none of the check information is brought over (check number, memo, etc). So, I end up having to go to KeyBank anyway, so it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to use the online services. That's where I've always gotten to. "langley111" <langley111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Stored procedure smGetNextNoteIndex
Hello, I have a co-worker who was posting a batch in Dynamics, when they received the following message: The stored procedure smGetNextNoteIndex returned the following results: DBMS: 1205, Great Plains: 0. I've never seen this sort of message before. We're using Great Plains 7.5 with MS SQL. Does anyone know what this means? My knowledge of Dynamics is limited, and our company's resident Dynamics expert is unavailable. Thanks in advance, Michael Michael, With these types of messages, a number after DBMS means it's a SQL error and a number after Great Plains me...

store some of the information from one cell into another
I would like to store some of the information from one cell into another. For instance, information in one cell has StampPDF V 2.3. I would like to cut 2.3 into a different cell. I was wondering if anyone new of the quickest way to do this. I have about 2000+ cells to work with. If the information you want from the cell is always at the end, and is always the last 3 characters you could use =RIGHT(A1,3) assuming that the original information is in cell reference A1 If you actually want to remove the 2.3 from the original cell then "bsantona" wrote: > I would like to st...