Inetinfo.exe and the SP4 windows 2000 rollup 1

I installed the Security Rollup 1 for SP4 this morning on my Windows 2000,
Exchange 2000 server.

After rebooting when the ciritical update was installed, I started getting
the following error every 6-10 seconds and getting between 2-10 of the error
messages:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe

way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

HELP!

I tried re-booting the box again, error came right back, every 6-10 seconds
with 2-10 of the exact same error messages.

Has anyone seen this before?  How to correct this issue?  Has the Security
Rollup been tested on Exchange?  Should I back the Security Rollup out?

Curt Winter

Well it seems Security Rollup 1 decided to turn on the front page 2000 server
extensions.

I removed those and the error went away.

Maybe you should rename the rollup to INsecurity Rollup 1, since it turns on
front page extension which have lots of security holes from all that I have
heard.

Did you test this rollup at all before deploying it?

Curt Winter

"Curt Winter" wrote:

> I installed the Security Rollup 1 for SP4 this morning on my Windows 2000,
> Exchange 2000 server.
>
> After rebooting when the ciritical update was installed, I started getting
> the following error every 6-10 seconds and getting between 2-10 of the error
> messages:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program: C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>
> HELP!
>
> I tried re-booting the box again, error came right back, every 6-10 seconds
> with 2-10 of the exact same error messages.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  How to correct this issue?  Has the Security
> Rollup been tested on Exchange?  Should I back the Security Rollup out?

> Curt Winter

File share cannot be reached on Windows 2008 SBS via VPN
I have a problem with VPN connection to one server (Windows 2008 SBS). I can ping the server through VPN but I cannot reach file share from the server and RDP also not working. BUT I can see other shares and RDP on an other computers in the same LAN (single subnet). That specific server is connected with only one network adapter to the network. This server is the DC, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Exchange with the IP address: 192.168.17.2. The default GW is the router (to internet) : 192.168.17.1. Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 VPN is using the local DHCP. The firewall is switched off. What can...

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

1 Chart

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Aqadmcli.exe to clear my Queues??
Does anybody have any idea where I can get hold of the aqadmcli tool to flush my Exchange 2K server queues? Microsoft wants to charge me $240 to tell me where to download it from. Somebody mentioned: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/pss/tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/Aqadmcli/ However when I try to ftp from that link it tells me I do not have permission and the connection has been reset. I am desperate, so any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Grant. The FTP site is no more, like as of today, if I recall correctly. Not sure why. Waiting to hear back on what the new me...

Outlook and Windows Integrated Authentication
Hello All, Does anyone know if Outlook (not OWA) can use Windows Integrated Authentication (like IE) to automatically log onto Intranet Web sites to retrieve graphics in HTML messages? Right now we get a logon dialog and have to manually log in. Thanks. if you paste the url into a browser, does it work as desired? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

SK 40175 Tuff-1 1/2-Inch Drive 15-Inch Reversible Ratchet
Price:$90.24 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0009U5RRM Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009U5RRM Item #: SKT40175. Features & Benefits:Tuff 1(r) Ratchets 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5" stroke for use in tight areas.17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage.Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand.Easy to reverse, 4 point cap.SuperKrome plating for long tool life and maximum corrosion resistance.Description: 15" Reversible Tuff Customers also search for:...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Long delays in delivery EX5.5 SP4
Hey: We have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server that's part of a large organization. Everything comes in via SMTP. We have a Windows machine running as a mail gateway for virus scanning and spam blocking. Both systems sit behind our firewall. The world-reachable MX address is reached via the firewall, which passes all SMTP traffic through to the gateway. Once scanned, the gateway forward directly to the Exchange server on the same network. The gateway runs Symantec SMTP Anti-virus Gateway on a Windows 2000 Server box. The Exchange server is running NT SP6. In recent weeks, we've exp...

Windows media player
Why does windows media player keep popping up? David wrote: > Why does windows media player keep popping up? OK, I give up. Why does Windows Media Player keep popping up ? How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 Windows Media Player General Discussion http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&cat=en_US_44d7101f-71dd-4f9a-b6b9-45215557dd35&lang=en&cr=US MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten ================ banthecheck.com "Security update...

Language Support for all Office 2000 programs
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm not finding any language support downloads for Office 2000. Does anyone have a specific link to send me to, so that I can do this? I have important documents that I have to print, but I recently got a new PC with 64-bit Vista. I loaded my 200 Office Suite on the PC, but it no longer is supporting the foreign language that I have throughout my documents. I just get block shapes instead. I need help. Thanks. Start here Deploying Office 2000 with Additional Language Resources http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2000/HA011383...

Outlook 2000 #196
I have several computers with Outlook 2000 on them. When they try to exit outlook, outlook just hangs there and will not exit. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this. Thanks Cindy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several computers with Outlook 2000 on them. When > they try to exit outlook, outlook just hangs there and > will not exit. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing > this. Thanks See if something here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Windows XP SP2
Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for several "noticable" seconds before sending. Sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP > SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for > several "noticable" seconds before sending. I believe I saw this documented on the Microsoft web site. -- Brian Tillman ...

re install Pub 2000 problem.
Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the cd. When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc. what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, John :) Johnny1r wrote: > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to > re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publis...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...