incorrect info store size

Hi Guys,

I have a client running SBS2003 standard and they recently reached their
16Gb limit, so I copied the priv1 files and ran an offline defrag on the
Database.  This only cleared up about 1.5GB, so we asked the client to
archive.  However, when I added all the mailboxes together, they only added
up to about 8GB, nowhere near the 15GB of the database.  What was interesting
however, was the copied priv1 files (not degraged) only added up to 8GB, even
though I copied files which added up to 16GB.  Very strange.  This leads me
to believe that the information store size is being displayed incorrectly,
but not sure what to do about it.

I changed the deleted items retention period to 1 day and after online
defrag, there is 1410MB of space in the DB.  This still doesn't account for
the additional 8-10GB of missing data.

Apologises for posting this problem again, but I couldn't find my original
post to reply.

Any ideas?
0
Thorny (4)

Thorny,
Try to run an offline defrag again on the store then after that run isinteg.
  Let me know if that works out for you.

cheers
rq

"Thorny" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a client running SBS2003 standard and they recently reached their
> 16Gb limit, so I copied the priv1 files and ran an offline defrag on the
> Database.  This only cleared up about 1.5GB, so we asked the client to
> archive.  However, when I added all the mailboxes together, they only added
> up to about 8GB, nowhere near the 15GB of the database.  What was interesting
> however, was the copied priv1 files (not degraged) only added up to 8GB, even
> though I copied files which added up to 16GB.  Very strange.  This leads me
> to believe that the information store size is being displayed incorrectly,
> but not sure what to do about it.
>
> I changed the deleted items retention period to 1 day and after online
> defrag, there is 1410MB of space in the DB.  This still doesn't account for
> the additional 8-10GB of missing data.
>
> Apologises for posting this problem again, but I couldn't find my original
> post to reply.
>
> Any ideas?
0
RamonQ (5)
6/27/2005 1:07:04 AM
Try this article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185457

"Thorny" <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a client running SBS2003 standard and they recently reached their
> 16Gb limit, so I copied the priv1 files and ran an offline defrag on the
> Database.  This only cleared up about 1.5GB, so we asked the client to
> archive.  However, when I added all the mailboxes together, they only
> added
> up to about 8GB, nowhere near the 15GB of the database.  What was
> interesting
> however, was the copied priv1 files (not degraged) only added up to 8GB,
> even
> though I copied files which added up to 16GB.  Very strange.  This leads
> me
> to believe that the information store size is being displayed incorrectly,
> but not sure what to do about it.
>
> I changed the deleted items retention period to 1 day and after online
> defrag, there is 1410MB of space in the DB.  This still doesn't account
> for
> the additional 8-10GB of missing data.
>
> Apologises for posting this problem again, but I couldn't find my original
> post to reply.
>
> Any ideas?

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

use continouse paper size 5.5X8.5 inchs for invoice
hi i have transfered from old pos system to MS RMS ,i have too much invoice paper size 5.5 X 8.5 inchs i do not want to descard it,is any invice templete that work on this paper size. best reqards ...

Incorrect subtotal when matching an invoice to a PO
Hello, I've recently had trouble when matching an invoice to a PO. It seems that each line item total was correct, but the subtotal was off by the landed cost I had added on to this shipment. I also had problems trying to match another, separate landed cost to this shipment. It seems like this just needs to be reconciled, but I'm not sure how. Please let me know if you have experienced this and what to do. Thanks! Lisa C. ...

Making shapes the same size
I have a simple question about a feature available in VB IDE development environment and I hope a similar helpful feature is available in Visio. I got used to use the "Make Same Size" option in VB. In visio I usually add multiple instances of the same shape, then I want them be resized the same way, I start sizing the first instance and try to replicate what I have done on the remaining instances. I never a found a way to do it, but repeating the resize manually. Is there any help? Regards, Rami Hi Rami, Instead of manually resizing the other instances of the same shape, how ab...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Outlook 2002 and Full Header Info.
My wife is using Outlook 2002 and recently we had a need to see the originating IP address on particular piece of email and it wasn't shown in the full header information. I use Alpine (Pine) on a Slackware system and when I look at my headers, the IP address of the originating PC is normally shown so it would appear that Outlook 2002 is not saving that information. A search of the web reveals tweaks for Outlook 2003 and 2007 with regedit to force Outlook to save all the header information that arrives with the email but I have not been able to find such information for ...

Extract account set info in FRx?
Does anyone know how to extract all the account set definitions in FRx to a file? I've set up so many of these it would be nice to be able to dump them off so I can keep better track of them. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

"You are over the size limit allowed on the server"
We have an Exchange 2003 server with IMF implemented. Our users are primarily using Outlook Web Clients. A couple months back, several of our users started being unable to manage their Junk Email lists. Some were unable to even turn it on and off through Options, but all were getting this error, at various stages: "An error occurred processing your Junk Email lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator" None of these users has more than 10-12 blocked senders in their entire list. I have doubled the default amount of space each u...

Extended Stored Procedure
Hi I should write an Extended Stored Procedure for a SQL Server 2000. I have done that already, I mean I know how to do that. But now I read something about CLR and that several functions from the Extended Stored Procedure will be not supported in coming SQL server versions. - Is CLR available for SQL server 2000? - Is there some example code available? Thanks for the help. Regards Hans Answers inline... "Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> wrote in message news:%23mi2UFrRGHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I should write an Extended Stored ...

Re: Storing and Retrieving 'DateLastStored'
Steve Schapel <schapel@mvps.org.ns> wrote in news:eFG3ag3RIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl > MJ, > > Sorry. just a quick tangential comment at this stage, as I haven't > quite got a handle yet on the real questions you are asking. But I > thought I should point out that your variable declarations are > probably not doing what you want them to. For example, this line: Dim > StartDate, EndDate, PrevDate As Date .... I imagine you think is > creating 3 date variables, whereas it is not, the only date variable > will be the PrevDate. You should do it like thi...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

Store Junk E-mail Configuration Not Effective
Right now we are running a Front-End / Back-End Configuration with Exchange 2003, and having problems enabling the Store Junk E-mail Configuration Settings on the back-end server. Both are front-end and back-end servers are upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2, the Front-End server had the original version of IMF, which was removed prior to installing SP2. The readme was reviewed with SP2, and instructions were followed. Our Front-End server is successfully using the Gateway Setting, but the Store Junk E-Mail setting is not effective at all. Anyone have similar experience, and have been a...

finding calendar and data info
I had to move my primary hard drive into another computer. It is now running as a slavein the new computer. I'm unable however, to find my calendar and contacts from Outlook 2003 when I open the program on the new computer. If I attempt to open the program from the F drive (the drive assigned in the new computer to the hard drive that was moved from another computer) it tells me the program is not installed. If I open Outlook 2003 from the C drive of the new computer, of course, it doesn't find the old calendar and contacts. I would appreciate any and all assistance in findin...

Defaul size for logo2.gif in OWA
Can someone tell me what the default size is? I am trying to customize my OWA page with the company branding and I have replaced all the logo's before I made sure they are the same size. Thanks in advance! Er - the size of the gif file shouldn't matter. If the one you put in is larger, it would simply increase the traffic for OWA (though not by much). Anyways, since you asked, the size of this file on my server is 4KB. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mike" <Mike@dis...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

Does any have any sample code for Store Manager Addins
I'd like to jump start some development efforts and would like to see some examples of how ADDINs have been used. Anything that hits the PurchaseOrder Table would be perfect.... My understanding is that samples are availble to certified partners at the PartnerSource web site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/documentation/installationsetupguides It is not clear to me if customers have direct access to it or not. "Espo" wrote: > I'd like to jump start some development efforts and would like to see some > examples of how ADDINs have been used...

Store numbering
Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? -- Pat pat@arms wrote: > Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores > can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? The StoreCode is not sequentially numbered... I use 120, 250, 377.. 686 ... the code of main supplier of stores to identify electronic-invoice, orders and others bye antonio ...

Chunk size increase in CRichEditView again
I am trying to set data in a CRichEditView. I am using StreamIn but it is too slow when I copy the data. What ways are there to insert data? My code: typedef struct tagWRITERICHEDITINFO { const CByteArray * pData; int nBytesWritten; } WRITERICHEDITINFO, FAR * LPWRITERICHEDITINFO; DWORD CALLBACK CMyTextView::RichEditWriteCallback(DWORD_PTR dwCookie, LPBYTE pbBuff, LONG cb, LONG * pcb) { LPWRITERICHEDITINFO pWriteInfo = (LPWRITERICHEDITINFO)dwCookie; int nTotalBytes = pWriteInfo->pData->GetSize(); int nBytesToWrite = nTotalBytes - pWriteInfo->nBytesWritten; nBytesToWrite = ...

File SIze grows when printing
I have noticed that when sending a file to an HP color laser printer that my file size is expanded by a magnitude of 9-10x, slowing printing speed to 1 page per 4 mins. Anyone have any help? Not at all unusual, but if you have blends it significantly increases the printing time. -- ...

An exception is thrown when my Access 2002 database file size reaches 1 GB
Hi guys The case is as follows: Convert our MS Access 97 database template to an MS Access 2002 template and test that an exception is not thrown when the database reaches 1 GB. The file size limit for MS Access 2002 database is 2 GB. Test environment: Clean computer with XP SP 1 MS JET 4.0 SP7 MDAC 2.8 Our DAO application writing data to our converted database. (The DAO application is written in VC++, unmanaged code). After some failing tests also Visual Studio.NET was installed, but that did not help. When the database is filled with records an reaches 1 GB an exception is thrown from t...

Cannot Access Bank Accounts Online if Don't Store Money Info on MS
Hi, I turned off the option to have my account information synchronized and stored on MSN. My confusion lies to why that also means that Money cannot continue to automatically download bank/credit card/etc information to Money. Some do continue to be able to be downloaded automatically. Others don't. Basically, it says "If you don't store your info on MSN Money, you won't be able to utilize online features for some financial instutions". I don't understand the tie between having your information stored on MSN and auto downloading from financial institutions, ...

How to change the default font size for outlook express?
I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default font size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Tools | Options | Compose. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975D75C0-1CA0-4325-A9D6-EC7510AFA86C@microsoft.com... >I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default >font > size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. > Does anyone hav...

Hi ..I posted some more info .....
Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any chance someone could look at it and help me out? Thanks.. Hi Andrew check your other post. Cheers JulieD "ANDREW_B" <ANDREWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D449C20E-12F1-4609-B441-B0EDBD9F1B6D@microsoft.com... > Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any > chance > someone could look at it and help me out? > > Thanks.. ...

practical limits on Excel file size?
Hello. I have an Excel 97/98 workbook file that's running at 160 filesize, with 822 rows and 21 columns. I'm wondering when I'll b approaching any practical limits on filesize. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depends on the machines you are running it on, but 160K is tiny compare to some of the ones I have seen. I know of one user who has on running on a Pentium 500 (256 Ram) that is over 25MB. You should be OK for the forseeable future. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi HarmCo Look at this site http://www.decisionmodels.com/o...