Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase

Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it
failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the
dbase in an inconsistant state.
Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using
Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
the dbase after the restore was:

EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.


Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across the
wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the dbase
and work dbase to the new server?

thanks,
tiny

0
jstrongo (8)
9/11/2006 7:58:32 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
469 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:

>Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it
>failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the
>dbase in an inconsistant state.
>Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using
>Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
>the dbase after the restore was:
>
>EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
>in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
>terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
>
>
>Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across the
>wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the dbase
>and work dbase to the new server?
>
>thanks,
>tiny


I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack levels as
the original.

Also: 
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
"XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and Event ID
282"
0
adavid (8731)
9/11/2006 8:29:24 PM
Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:
>
> >Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it
> >failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the
> >dbase in an inconsistant state.
> >Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using
> >Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
> >the dbase after the restore was:
> >
> >EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
> >in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
> >terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
> >
> >
> >Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across the
> >wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the dbase
> >and work dbase to the new server?
> >
> >thanks,
> >tiny
>
>
> I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
> Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack levels as
> the original.
>
> Also:
> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
> "XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
> Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and Event ID
> 282"

Andy, thanks, tried that and it stll was in an inconsistant state.  Yep
server has the same name etc but am putting on a win2k box, compaq does
not support nt40 with the smart start for this type of server. The Link
refers to the DS store that starts fine...and the service accounts have
sevice account permssions thought the site.

0
jstrongo (8)
9/11/2006 9:49:28 PM
On 11 Sep 2006 14:49:28 -0700, "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP wrote:
>> On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:
>>
>> >Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it
>> >failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the
>> >dbase in an inconsistant state.
>> >Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using
>> >Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
>> >the dbase after the restore was:
>> >
>> >EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
>> >in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
>> >terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
>> >
>> >
>> >Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across the
>> >wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the dbase
>> >and work dbase to the new server?
>> >
>> >thanks,
>> >tiny
>>
>>
>> I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
>> Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack levels as
>> the original.
>>
>> Also:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
>> "XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
>> Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and Event ID
>> 282"
>
>Andy, thanks, tried that and it stll was in an inconsistant state.  Yep
>server has the same name etc but am putting on a win2k box, compaq does
>not support nt40 with the smart start for this type of server. The Link
>refers to the DS store that starts fine...and the service accounts have
>sevice account permssions thought the site.


So Exch was originally on NT4 and is now installed on Windows 2000? 
You may be able to get it to work if you defrag the database with
eseutil and then run isinteg against. 

Ensure you still have access to the backup in case it doesnt work.
0
adavid (8731)
9/11/2006 10:03:51 PM
Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On 11 Sep 2006 14:49:28 -0700, "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote:
>
> >Andy David - MVP wrote:
> >> On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:
> >>
> >> >Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it
> >> >failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the
> >> >dbase in an inconsistant state.
> >> >Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using
> >> >Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
> >> >the dbase after the restore was:
> >> >
> >> >EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
> >> >in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
> >> >terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across the
> >> >wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the dbase
> >> >and work dbase to the new server?
> >> >
> >> >thanks,
> >> >tiny
> >>
> >>
> >> I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
> >> Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack levels as
> >> the original.
> >>
> >> Also:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
> >> "XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
> >> Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and Event ID
> >> 282"
> >
> >Andy, thanks, tried that and it stll was in an inconsistant state.  Yep
> >server has the same name etc but am putting on a win2k box, compaq does
> >not support nt40 with the smart start for this type of server. The Link
> >refers to the DS store that starts fine...and the service accounts have
> >sevice account permssions thought the site.
>
>
> So Exch was originally on NT4 and is now installed on Windows 2000?
> You may be able to get it to work if you defrag the database with
> eseutil and then run isinteg against.
>
> Ensure you still have access to the backup in case it doesnt work.

Thats what I was trying to accomplish is moving to new hardware before
we go to ex2003 (in middle of AD mig now)Tried that said it was an
inconsistant db....moved back to old server for now...
My concern is why did the backup do this, leave the dbase in an
inconsistant state...

0
jstrongo (8)
9/11/2006 10:20:18 PM
i don't think it was the backup...the OS/SP and Exchange/SP need to be the
same as they were on the server where the backup was taken...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote in message
news:1158013218.616696.31400@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> Andy David - MVP wrote:
> > On 11 Sep 2006 14:49:28 -0700, "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote:
> >
> > >Andy David - MVP wrote:
> > >> On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and
it
> > >> >failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left
the
> > >> >dbase in an inconsistant state.
> > >> >Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening.
Using
> > >> >Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
> > >> >the dbase after the restore was:
> > >> >
> > >> >EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
> > >> >in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
> > >> >terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> >Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across
the
> > >> >wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the
dbase
> > >> >and work dbase to the new server?
> > >> >
> > >> >thanks,
> > >> >tiny
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
> > >> Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack levels
as
> > >> the original.
> > >>
> > >> Also:
> > >> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
> > >> "XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
> > >> Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and Event
ID
> > >> 282"
> > >
> > >Andy, thanks, tried that and it stll was in an inconsistant state.  Yep
> > >server has the same name etc but am putting on a win2k box, compaq does
> > >not support nt40 with the smart start for this type of server. The Link

> > >refers to the DS store that starts fine...and the service accounts have
> > >sevice account permssions thought the site.
> >
> >
> > So Exch was originally on NT4 and is now installed on Windows 2000?
> > You may be able to get it to work if you defrag the database with
> > eseutil and then run isinteg against.
> >
> > Ensure you still have access to the backup in case it doesnt work.
>
> Thats what I was trying to accomplish is moving to new hardware before
> we go to ex2003 (in middle of AD mig now)Tried that said it was an
> inconsistant db....moved back to old server for now...
> My concern is why did the backup do this, leave the dbase in an
> inconsistant state...
>


0
sconkey (3059)
9/11/2006 10:30:44 PM
Well the OS/SP was not the same as I was installing to a win2k box but
the ex os was to sp4 and rollup patch, plus O2003 patch installed.
Susan wrote:
> i don't think it was the backup...the OS/SP and Exchange/SP need to be the
> same as they were on the server where the backup was taken...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>
>
>
> "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote in message
> news:1158013218.616696.31400@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > Andy David - MVP wrote:
> > > On 11 Sep 2006 14:49:28 -0700, "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote:
> > >
> > > >Andy David - MVP wrote:
> > > >> On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >> >Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and
> it
> > > >> >failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left
> the
> > > >> >dbase in an inconsistant state.
> > > >> >Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening.
> Using
> > > >> >Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start
> > > >> >the dbase after the restore was:
> > > >> >
> > > >> >EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,  0x8004010f
> > > >> >in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
> > > >> >terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
> > > >> >
> > > >> >
> > > >> >Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it across
> the
> > > >> >wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore the
> dbase
> > > >> >and work dbase to the new server?
> > > >> >
> > > >> >thanks,
> > > >> >tiny
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
> > > >> Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack levels
> as
> > > >> the original.
> > > >>
> > > >> Also:
> > > >> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
> > > >> "XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
> > > >> Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and Event
> ID
> > > >> 282"
> > > >
> > > >Andy, thanks, tried that and it stll was in an inconsistant state.  Yep
> > > >server has the same name etc but am putting on a win2k box, compaq does
> > > >not support nt40 with the smart start for this type of server. The Link
>
> > > >refers to the DS store that starts fine...and the service accounts have
> > > >sevice account permssions thought the site.
> > >
> > >
> > > So Exch was originally on NT4 and is now installed on Windows 2000?
> > > You may be able to get it to work if you defrag the database with
> > > eseutil and then run isinteg against.
> > >
> > > Ensure you still have access to the backup in case it doesnt work.
> >
> > Thats what I was trying to accomplish is moving to new hardware before
> > we go to ex2003 (in middle of AD mig now)Tried that said it was an
> > inconsistant db....moved back to old server for now...
> > My concern is why did the backup do this, leave the dbase in an
> > inconsistant state...
> >

0
jstrongo (8)
9/11/2006 10:44:53 PM
as Andy said, if you do an eseutil in defrag mode, it "might" bring the DB
consistent...have you  tried that yet?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote in message
news:1158014693.534766.130880@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Well the OS/SP was not the same as I was installing to a win2k box but
> the ex os was to sp4 and rollup patch, plus O2003 patch installed.
> Susan wrote:
> > i don't think it was the backup...the OS/SP and Exchange/SP need to be
the
> > same as they were on the server where the backup was taken...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >
> >
> >
> > "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote in message
> > news:1158013218.616696.31400@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > >
> > > Andy David - MVP wrote:
> > > > On 11 Sep 2006 14:49:28 -0700, "tinyski" <jstrongo@sdccd.edu> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > >Andy David - MVP wrote:
> > > > >> On 11 Sep 2006 12:58:32 -0700, jstrongo@sdccd.edu wrote:
> > > > >>
> > > > >> >Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend
and
> > it
> > > > >> >failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and
left
> > the
> > > > >> >dbase in an inconsistant state.
> > > > >> >Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening.
> > Using
> > > > >> >Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to
start
> > > > >> >the dbase after the restore was:
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> >EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store,
0x8004010f
> > > > >> >in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service
> > > > >> >terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063.
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> >Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it
across
> > the
> > > > >> >wan, can do I an  save with the services shutdown and restore
the
> > dbase
> > > > >> >and work dbase to the new server?
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> >thanks,
> > > > >> >tiny
> > > > >>
> > > > >>
> > > > >> I would re-run the restore if somehow BE got screwed up.
> > > > >> Ensure the new server has the same O/S and Exch service pack
levels
> > as
> > > > >> the original.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Also:
> > > > >> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=265437
> > > > >> "XADM: Information Store Service Does Not Start After Upgrade to
> > > > >> Exchange Server 5.5 with Server Specific Error 2147746063 and
Event
> > ID
> > > > >> 282"
> > > > >
> > > > >Andy, thanks, tried that and it stll was in an inconsistant state.
Yep
> > > > >server has the same name etc but am putting on a win2k box, compaq
does
> > > > >not support nt40 with the smart start for this type of server. The
Link
> >
> > > > >refers to the DS store that starts fine...and the service accounts
have
> > > > >sevice account permssions thought the site.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > So Exch was originally on NT4 and is now installed on Windows 2000?
> > > > You may be able to get it to work if you defrag the database with
> > > > eseutil and then run isinteg against.
> > > >
> > > > Ensure you still have access to the backup in case it doesnt work.
> > >
> > > Thats what I was trying to accomplish is moving to new hardware before
> > > we go to ex2003 (in middle of AD mig now)Tried that said it was an
> > > inconsistant db....moved back to old server for now...
> > > My concern is why did the backup do this, leave the dbase in an
> > > inconsistant state...
> > >
>


0
sconkey (3059)
9/12/2006 3:56:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

OWA Logon History
Is there any way to access the logon history of users logging into OWA? Thanks. -- Jay Douglas http://www.jaydouglas.com On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:03:21 -0700, "Jay Douglas" <jayREMOVEIFNOTSPAM@jaydouglas.com> wrote: >Is there any way to access the logon history of users logging into OWA? > >Thanks. IIS Logs. ...

Move whole DC & Exchange on new hardware
Hi On one singleserver I've runnig an Windows 2003 Server as a domain controller and exchange. Now I've to move the whole domain, with all users, roaming profiles and so on, including the exchange things (smtp, mailboxes, public folders, iis). Has someone a manual or concept for this?!? Exists there a document from microsoft, explaining the most importent steps or something like this?!? Thanks a lot for your advice... Phil Move Server (Ed Crowley method): http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchange%202000&sectionID...

size of Exchange backup
Where I work, we were using an Exchange 5.5 server and back it up every night using the Windows 2000 "NT Backup" program. The total size of the backup file for the Information Store and the Directory totalled 28 GB. Since we moved to Exchange 2003, I set up the same backup on the Windows Server 2003, but the backup has grown to over 300 GB. Why would there be such a big difference? The user's mailboxes haven't grown in size exponentially. In fact, I asked them to remove/empty out their Deleted Items folder before moving their mailboxes from the Exchange 5.5 server....

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

Windows Mobile 6.5 Hindi OS
Help required to build WM6.5 Hindi OS. I have built English OS & wants to build Hindi OS(Locale=0439). Please let know the changes to be made for Hindi Locale OS. -- Manoj Joshi ...

CRM 4.0 hotfix 13 move Exchange server
Hello we have been installed CRM 4.0 and uppdated to hotfix 13. We are using Exchnage Server 2007 and we have been installed new exchange server 2010 and want to use this new server with CRM. How can i put new server in use with CRM 4.0? Is there need to install Email connector on Exchange 2010 server or need chnages in Database or on the CRM Server? best regards, Jensen ...

Does Exchange Server 2003 require AD?
Hi all! I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? Thanks for any information. Ooo Ooo oOO!!! I know this one!! AD is required :) tsc "San Diego Guy" <sandiegguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:sf4ud.40$ve.22@fed1read06... > Hi all! > > I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. > or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? > > Thanks for any information. San Diego Guy wrote: > Hi all! &...

Exchange 5.5 on Win2K
I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? Thanks in advance! Regards, Jack Handy jehandy@verizon.net Its best to search echnet site at www.microsoft.com/technet for known issues. >-----Original Message----- >I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not >to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with >running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? > >Thanks in advance! > > > >Re...

Hosting several internet domain names on one Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange and ISA 2003. Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3 and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately. Th...

Removing first Exchange Server in Administrative group
I am in the process of removing the first Exchange 2003 server in an admininstrative group, it was originally an Exchange 5.5 server. I have one system public folder which is still replicating, and I have not been able to stop replication, it is the System configuration folder. When I try to stop replication, it asks for a password, which i enter, and it asks for it again. What is this folder, how can I stop the replication. Try this. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Move Exchange 5.5 to another domain
Hello, Can somebody tell me it is possible to move a Exchange 5.5 from one domain (NT 4.0) to another new domain (W2003). I dont know if there are some problem with the accounts that have the permsission in the original domain. Wich will be deleted after. Thanks Moving an Exchange 5.5 server from one domain to another is unsupported. Move the mailboxes instead. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Paco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

URGENT Exchange Optimizer
I have a Exchange 5.5 server that have run out of diskspace on the data drive and stopped the Exchange Services. I will now add a new disk with a new drive letter with much of free space to this server and use the Exchange Optimizer to move the data to the new disk. Here is my question, does the Exchange server services needs to be up and running to be able to use the optimizer for this operation? E.g. when starting Optimizer, think i remember that it shuts down some Exchange services the first thing it does... If this won�t work, how can I proceed to get this Exchange server up and running...

Exchange 2003 and 5.5 Similarities
Does anyone know of good documentation on the similarities beween Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 5.5? An example would be: Exchange 5.5 uses one Information Store that is a single .edb file; Exchange 2003 uses multiple storage groups home to multiple databases - each is one .edb file and one ..stm file. ...

Exchange Migration Wizard #2
I think the answer is yes and yes, but just want to clarify. Can I use the Exchange Migration Wizard to move mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server in one domain, Exchange Org to an Exchange 2003 server in a separate domain, Exchange Org? When I run it, it will create an appropriate AD account and move the mailbox? ...

Antivirus for Exchange 2003 #3
What is the best program for Antivirus for Exchange 2003? We use message labs for our first line defenses, but we need antivirus software that runs on our servers for first line defenses. We have use GFI now, however dispite what happened last week, I don't feel like they are being very sincere about ensuring us that this will happen again. Thanks in advance. Many have different thoughts on who is the best and why, however my personal favorite is Sybari's Antigen. It is a mult-engine product, so one isn't sinking all the eggs in one basket so to speak. FWIW, while th...

DST and Mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 Servers
I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a lot of group calendar events. How will they be affected? adversely, if they don't do anything "Tyler Barnes" wrote: > I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a lot of > group calendar events. How will they be affected? Anything other than the time just being off by 1 hr? "dlw" wrote: > adversely, if they don't do anything > > "Tyler Barnes" wrote: > > > I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a...

Outlook cannot conect to Exchange Server using Comcast
Hi Everyone, I am currently using Outlook 2007 and cannot conect to my companies Microsoft Exchange Server. I use Comcast as my internet service provider. I am able to use our webclient through IE to do my daily emails, but its really a pain not to be able to use Outlook. So I am looking for a fix. When I travel, I am able to connect from hotels (I am guessing since they don't have any ports blocked) so I know my account is set up correctly. I read about comcast "blocking" ports that MES uses to communicate, but am not able to find a fix for this. So my questions are: Is ther...

Cannot open Public folders in Exchange System Manager
Hello, I have a problem opening public folders in Exchange system manger. The MMC hangs, when I click on "Public Folders", but these folders can be reached and opened in Outlook. The Public Folder Store is mounted. I guess it has something to do with the Exchange servers' IIS TCP port, which was 80, when Exchange was installed. Unfortunately it had to be changed later. Could that be the problem? And if so, how to I tell Exchange that the port has changed? Thanks in advance! On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:25:16 -0700, "TomK" <TomK@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Send Exchange mail first than send mail in local Laptop.
I work offline with my Outlook Mail on my Laptop. When I connect to my Exchange Server 5.5 it trys to send out my mails. If my Exchange mailbox is full the Server does not sent out my mail. It sents back to my Laptop as undelivered mail. Then it download all my mails from my Exchange mailbox to my local Laptop Outlook Mailbox. Now as my Exchange Server Mailbox is empty I am able to send mails. So I have to resent all the undelivered mail. If the Exchange Server downloads all my incomming mails first and sent out my mails later than I would not have the above problem as my Exchange mail...

Task "MS Exchange Server" reported error (0x80040119)
A user of mine got the error above on the subject line - they said they they get it at least 2/3 times a day. I searched the net, also find an article from Microsoft - it points the ..pst file Our mail is delivered to/stored on the exchange 2003 server, we use Outlook 2003. We do use archive.pst files for old/archived mail. do you believe I need to run inbox repair tool - as all of the information so far points to running the repair tool. When fist looking at the message with out the error number --- it looks like there is a problem between outlook and the exchange server...

Exchange 2000 Database Name
I'm trying to run a repair on my Exchange 2000 database (eseutil.exe). It is asking for the database name. How do I know what is the database name? Pull up properties on it in ESM - click the database tab. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Sam" <sam_nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uNh9Joq...

query performance inconsistence
I put a query on two seperate query windows and both connect to the same SQL server. I ran it individually. One is running less than 3 secs and the other one is taking > 20 secs. The execution plan is a bit different. The obvious different one in the execution plan is that the one that is running faster is using parallism. The confusion part for me is that it is the same query running on the same server but on two different connections. Can this be possible? I am very puzzled. The server is running SQL 2005 sp3 std. od -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://...

email links #5
Hello, Up to a couple of days ago, I could click on a link in my Outlook Express html email and go to that site. Now, if I want to do the same, I have to change my settings to read email in plain text. How can I get my html email to open links? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

public folders in exchange
If you look in the KB 246504 and 179220 Thats the error messages I get. I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 but the problem was also in exchange 5.5 and I had the latest sp in 5.5. I cant get rid of those objects in the public folders eather in Outlook or the ESM. How to get rid of the public filders when I cant access them?? does anyone know?? Tintin >-----Original Message----- >Are they normal folders or system folders? What error do you get? Is this >in Outlook or ESM? > >"admin raw mode" - Are you trying to use the 5.5 admin? > >-- >Hope...

test #5
test ...