Incoming mails from another external domain are lost

Hi,

I have a Exchange Front-End & Back-End combination. Front-End Server also
has SMTP Relay server and Intelligent Message Filtering. Front-end server is
in a DMZ Zone. I have a pix firewall.

I got a peculiar problem. One user has complained me saying he has not
received a email sent from another company (external domain say xyz.com).

I have checked the server logs and the filtered spam emails. I could not see
any email from xyz.com in the server logs. Also the sender from xyz.com did
not receive any NDR for this mail also.

Can anybody help me on this?

Regards
Ganapathy

Is the problem persistent (meaning no mail from xyz.com ever reaches you) or
not? How long did the sender wait for NDR to show up?
It could be that sending server has that message in queue (for whatever reason)
untill it times out. Or it could be that your pix has axed it. Or there is
broken SMTP server in between which eaten the message without telling anybody. I
would do network trace capture for SMTP traffic and monitor for packets from
servers of xyz. If even packets don't reach your server you can do nothing about
messages.

sankaransubramanian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Exchange Front-End & Back-End combination. Front-End Server also
> has SMTP Relay server and Intelligent Message Filtering. Front-end server is
> in a DMZ Zone. I have a pix firewall.
>
> I got a peculiar problem. One user has complained me saying he has not
> received a email sent from another company (external domain say xyz.com).
>
> I have checked the server logs and the filtered spam emails. I could not see
> any email from xyz.com in the server logs. Also the sender from xyz.com did
> not receive any NDR for this mail also.
>
> Can anybody help me on this?
>
> Regards
> Ganapathy

0
kpalagin (1838)

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Duplicate E-Mail #4

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...

How to detect my tray icon covered by another app.?
Could someone tell me how to detect my system tray icon covered by another application? If the tray icon is covered, I don't want to update the icon. Thank you very much in advance. "L. Zhou" <lzhou97@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1HUfApYDHA.2476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Could someone tell me how to detect my system tray icon covered by another > application? If the tray icon is covered, I don't want to update the icon. > > Thank you very much in advance. > > Hmm, I doubt that is possible... The only thing I think you can do is to duplicat...

proper casing mail merge
Hi All, I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? Thanks, rodchar Select the whole text, Format, Change Case, you will now have various options to choose from. Also, note that Shft+F3 toggles between no caps, Initial caps, and all caps. -- Hope this helps DeanH "rodchar" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is > there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? > > Thanks, > rodchar thanks, that help...