Inbox mail Vanishes after being read

Recently I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003
EVeryone has Office 2003 except for 2 users

Now the 2 users who havent got it , they read thier email
in the INBOX but then it vanishes ...... any advice would
be welcome

Thanks

Sergio

Maybe some filters are applied in Outlook\View\Current View\Customize
current view\Filters? Try using Advanced Find to search for those
messages.

Sergio wrote:

> Recently I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003
> EVeryone has Office 2003 except for 2 users
>
> Now the 2 users who havent got it , they read thier email
> in the INBOX but then it vanishes ...... any advice would
> be welcome
>
> Thanks
>
> Sergio

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
2/25/2004 10:49:15 AM
I'd first make sure they are using an "Exchange Server" profile on the
client.  Then make sure they didn't set some view that only show unread
messages.  You can check quickly with OWA to see if the mail is really
there.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Sergio" <sergio@eyetea.it> wrote in message
> Recently I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003
> EVeryone has Office 2003 except for 2 users
>
> Now the 2 users who havent got it , they read thier email
> in the INBOX but then it vanishes ...... any advice would
> be welcome
>
> Thanks
>
> Sergio

0
dtown (976)
2/25/2004 10:52:51 AM
Hey Dan,
They are using EXCHANGE SERVER profiles,But where would I
find the view for UNREAD messages only ?
Thanks for the swift reply though :)

Sergio

confers no rights.
>Please do not send email to this address, post a reply
to this newsgroup.

>Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at
>http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
>
>"Sergio" <sergio@eyetea.it> wrote in message
>> Recently I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003
>> EVeryone has Office 2003 except for 2 users
>>
>> Now the 2 users who havent got it , they read thier
email
>> in the INBOX but then it vanishes ...... any advice
would
>> be welcome
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sergio
>

>.

0
sergoi (1)
2/25/2004 11:23:37 PM
View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> Unread Messages in this Folder

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Sergio" <sergoi@eyetea.it> wrote in message
> Hey Dan,
> They are using EXCHANGE SERVER profiles,But where would I
> find the view for UNREAD messages only ?
> Thanks for the swift reply though :)
>
> Sergio

0
dtown (976)

E-mail forwarding too
no just arrive in my internal, but remain in queue for external "Chuckles" <Notthatyou@need.it> wrote in message news:25WdnT674uwzdSzd4p2dnA@telcove.net... > MMC wrote: > > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html > > i followed this article! > > why the email forwarding does not work for me?! > > the message i try to send to internal recipient remain in smtp queue (until > > expires), does not arrive to extenal recipient, why, why?!?! > > > > > > > > > Can you send an Email to the external mail address at all? ...

Routing all mail through a spam appliance?
Currently we run one Exchange 2003 server with virus protection and spam filtering directly on the Exchange server. We are interested in getting a spam/virus appliance such as a Barracuda unit that will do all the filtering and then we can remove the software off the server. One issue we are having is we want to have that appliance filter all mail, both internal and external. Is there a way to route all mail (internal & external) through the appliance? If so is this an OK way to do it? Thank you! John I dont see anyway of filtering internal mail if the appliance is separate from ...

can't use the from field to send mail from another mailbox
I installed the exchange roll up fix kbfix KB870540 per: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-021 Vulnerability in Exchange Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (894549) and now when a user who has access to another mailbox and is currently using their own mailbox can't use the from field to send mail from the other mailbox. They receive an error message "you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object". see the folder contact or your system administrator". The only workaround i found is to allow them send on behalf of, this allows th...

Double mail sent
I've a problem, my server has mdaemon and sometimes when (only with a specified mail address) I sent 2 messages..... I think that using webmail I don't have this mail but only using Outlook Express Can you help me? Thanks Nobody Can help me? You have missed out a lot of vital information, such as which version of MDaemon you are using and how it is configured to operate. Is the problem with Outlook Express sending to MDaemon or Internet explorer send to MDaemon WorldClient or with MDaemon sending to your ISP? The obvious place to look at is the "Lists&qu...

outlook deleting mail
outlook delets all mail when I exit the message. what is doing it? ...

Duplicate e-mails #3
I'm recieving 2 of the same e-mails each time one is recieved. Please help! Sometimes if you disconnect during a download of a pile of emails, the ISP server won't delete them and will resend them once you reconnect. If it happens all the time, are you sure you have it set up for the ISP to delete messages after they've been downloaded? Is is twice and only twice, or sometimes can it be three or four times? BTW, what version of Outlook and what OS? "CSG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d401c3a1a7$306372a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

After switching from Outlook to Windows LIve, Mail is blocked.
I have a pop email account through my internet provider Charter.net. After upgrading to windows 7, I switched from outlook express to Windows Live. Since then, I've noticed a dramatic reduction in the email I receive. Not just spam either. Recently i've noticed that billing warnings from Chase and Discover are not coming in, which has caused some issues. Somehow certain mail is being filtered, and i've looked at the security options and can't seem to find the issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks Do you have any antivirus or...

deleting mail on opening
outlook is deleting messages on opening and not sending to the deleted items folder how to fix ??? please and or how to restore to default settings ?? ty srirlee ...

Windows Mail
Within the past 48 hours I am unable to receive certain emails - specifically those with attachments or sent as part of a group. Contacted my isp provider - they claim it is not their issue. Error message received is : SMTP; 554 Transaction failed. Please provide any suggestions Thanks. -- southernice "southernice" <southernice@discussions.microsoft.com> 写入消息 news:5818A4C8-1C8E-46B9-B838-97464D356114@microsoft.com... > Within the past 48 hours I am unable to receive certain emails - > specifically > those with attachments or sent as part of...

routing internal mail from non-domain device
Hi all, Dumb config question. I've got an internal machine on my domain running the Windows 2000 SMTP service that I want to be able to route mail to recipients on my internal 2003 SP1 Exchange Server. When I send mail to my exchange account via the SMTP server from my desktop, it is delivered without issue. When our "scan to email" scanner tries to do the same thing, it is dumped in the Badmail directory on the SMTP server, and it logs the message: "Message delivery to the remote domain 'mydomain.com' failed for the following reason: The connection was dro...

e-mail messages with % sign in subject do not display on in Entourage
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My Mac users do not see e-mail messages with the % sign in the subject in Entourage. If you view the message through OWA using Safari they display. The messages also display on the PC using Outlook or OWA. The junk e-mail options have been turned off in Entourage. On 3/15/10 10:26 AM, jgonya@officeformac.com wrote: > My Mac users do not see e-mail messages with the % sign in the > subject in Entourage. If you view the message through OWA using > Safari they display. The messag...

Other's view my inbox can't see sub-folders
I'm running Outlook 2002 and Windows XP Pro. I've given a few people in my office the ability to view my inbox. They can see the main inbox but they can't see the sub-folders I've created. Is there anything I can do so they can have access to all the folders under the inbox? To access a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into Tools | Ser...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

Mail Proxy for this folder cannot be found
Hi, I am experiencing an issue with our Exchange 2003 server. When i try to email enable a new public folder and view the properties i get the error message "The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays." ID no: c1038a21 This is the only ever Exchange server the domain. Google that ID number. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6E0C5BE-2BF4-4AF9-9257-C266064F4EEA@microsoft.com... > ...

how can read tradition chinese in office v.x
I currently use Mac OS x 10.2 on my ibook, I have a excel file that included few tradition chinese word, but I can't see, how can I do??? danehill <123@123.com> wrote: > I currently use Mac OS x 10.2 on my ibook, I have a excel file that included > few tradition chinese word, but I can't see, how can I do??? You can't as far as I know... You need Unicode support for that and it came only with Office 2004. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS ...

Excel VBA: Reading data from HTML-file
Hi I have several cases, where I need to read some data from client table (delivery prognoses), and create a text file based on those data. For every such project, I create an Excel table where some parameters are defined, and a macro is started, which asks for source file, opens it, reads data, creates or opens a text file, and writes a new table into it. So long I had Excel, text, or SCV files as source data, and Office 2000 on all users computers, and there were no serious problems fith reading data in. Now 2 major changes occurred. In some computers, Excel 2007 is insta...

Moving mail profile between operating system instances
Hi All, I have a need to move all my email from one instance of win xp pro on my laptop to another instance on the same laptop... Alas, it looks to me from browsing there is no way to move the profile which contains all my email accounts, and I have quite a few. Has anyone found an easy way to do this or is it still not possible for 'free'? If not....then if there is a proven piece of software to do this, can anyone point it out? I am using office xp....on win xp pro sp2. Thanks Peter Have you tried the Office Save My Settings Wizard? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/31297...

mail merge #9
I have several word documents merged to the same Excel spreadsheet. About 50% of the time that I open these word files I have to "re-link" them to the source file (I get the message word cannot find ....).The rest of the time the word file opens merged with the source file as it should be. What's up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Jim P. The information in the following thread may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=VA.00006d55.025af4ae%40speedy Jim P. wrote: > I have several word documents merged to the same Excel > spreadsheet. About ...

E-mailing from Excel
I am developing mailing lists and keeping them in Excel. I am also keeping e-mail addresses with the regular mail addresses. The question is--how can I e-mail multiple e- mail addresses contained on the Excel worksheet without doing one at a time (Control and click method which gets me just one). Any hints appreciated!! Try Ron de Bruin's excellent Sendmail Add-in. Should work for your purposes just fine. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm tim Judy wrote: > I am developing mailing lists and keeping them in Excel. > I am also keeping e-mail addresses with the regular ...

Self mail only remain in outbox
Hi, If I mail myself, the mail resides in outbox and doesn't go even I hit send/receive. The send/receive status is complete. On May 18, 9:53=A0am, GJois <guru.j...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > If I mail myself, the mail resides in outbox and doesn't go even I hit > send/receive. The send/receive status is complete. Contd from previous.... My Outlook version is 2007 "GJois" <guru.jois@gmail.com> wrote in message news:70cdc513-1a5a-40a7-a6ca-8889d2c8993e@d2g2000pra.googlegroups.com... On May 18, 9:53 am, GJois <guru.j...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, ...

IMAP Rule prevents mail deletion

Adding Company logo as Mail disclaimer
Freinds CAn I achieve the above subject matter ,in exchange 2003 without any 3rd party software SO Only by using a visual basic event sink http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 "SP" <SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B8977E0-59FF-43D7-BFDB-274D59F839A5@microsoft.com... > Freinds > > CAn I achieve the above subject matter ,in exchange 2003 without any 3rd > party software > > SO ...

Printing e-mail messages in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 when I print an e-mail message that I send, the first line of my message appears at the top of the page above my name and to the left of the page number. Even when I receive a reply to an e-mail that I sent, the first line of my original e-mail message also appears at the top of the page and to the left of the page number when I print the message. This does not happen when printing messages that I receive or reply to (unless I originated the message). -- curious one ...

Mail Merge Says "locked file"
Hello, I have a mail merge template in Word that I've been using with Access. Now I'm trying to automate it. I have seen the suggestions for code from Albert Kallal and Ken Sheridan, but I already developed my own form with the thought I could just open the merge file with simple code on a button. The problem is, I get an error message when the Word file opens using the button, saying that the data file cannot be locked because it's in use by 'Admin' (me). I tried splitting the database (figuring if multiple users can access it at once, then applications coul...

Sending mail from public folders and public contacts?
How can i send email from a public contact in a public folder? I cant see a 'new message'button anywhere. Not in a public contacts and not in messages in public folders. All public folders and subfolders are mail enabled! PremP. On 6 Feb 2005 13:41:18 -0800, premmetje@zonnet.nl (Prem) wrote: >How can i send email from a public contact in a public folder? >I cant see a 'new message'button anywhere. Not in a public contacts >and not in messages in public folders. >All public folders and subfolders are mail enabled! >PremP. Explain a little more about why you are...