Inbound e-mail statistics for 2 domains under Exchange 5.5

Hi,

I'm currently running an Exchange server with email being retreived
using an ETRN. We retrieve email from 2 domains one of which feeds
into the other.

For some time the intention of our company has to be to retire the
older of our two domain names and work using only one.

Our problem is we need to to work out how much email we recieve
through our older domain name compared to our newer one as we don't
want to retire it prematurely and confuse our customers.

Does anyone know a way of doing this inside Exchange or using other,
hopefully free, tools? Our ISP is unable to help and my own Exchange
knowledge doesn't stretch this far.

Thanks in advance.

Search message tracking logs for old domain name.

david wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running an Exchange server with email being retreived
> using an ETRN. We retrieve email from 2 domains one of which feeds
> into the other.
>
> For some time the intention of our company has to be to retire the
> older of our two domain names and work using only one.
>
> Our problem is we need to to work out how much email we recieve
> through our older domain name compared to our newer one as we don't
> want to retire it prematurely and confuse our customers.
>
> Does anyone know a way of doing this inside Exchange or using other,
> hopefully free, tools? Our ISP is unable to help and my own Exchange
> knowledge doesn't stretch this far.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
2/13/2004 4:23:43 PM
That doesn't seem to work for me as the incoming domain name is not
shown in the
tracking log, only the senders full address and the recipients name as
used on the Exchange server.

Does anyone have any ideas to get around this?

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message news:<402CFA0E.E58B6357@nomail.phxint.please.ru>...
> Search message tracking logs for old domain name.
>
> david wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently running an Exchange server with email being retreived
> > using an ETRN. We retrieve email from 2 domains one of which feeds
> > into the other.
> >
> > For some time the intention of our company has to be to retire the
> > older of our two domain names and work using only one.
> >
> > Our problem is we need to to work out how much email we recieve
> > through our older domain name compared to our newer one as we don't
> > want to retire it prematurely and confuse our customers.
> >
> > Does anyone know a way of doing this inside Exchange or using other,
> > hopefully free, tools? Our ISP is unable to help and my own Exchange
> > knowledge doesn't stretch this far.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
Actually e-mail addresses do show in tracking logs, so you can just search them with Explorer/Notepad.

david wrote:

> That doesn't seem to work for me as the incoming domain name is not
> shown in the
> tracking log, only the senders full address and the recipients name as
> used on the Exchange server.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas to get around this?
>
> "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message news:<402CFA0E.E58B6357@nomail.phxint.please.ru>...
> > Search message tracking logs for old domain name.
> >
> > david wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm currently running an Exchange server with email being retreived
> > > using an ETRN. We retrieve email from 2 domains one of which feeds
> > > into the other.
> > >
> > > For some time the intention of our company has to be to retire the
> > > older of our two domain names and work using only one.
> > >
> > > Our problem is we need to to work out how much email we recieve
> > > through our older domain name compared to our newer one as we don't
> > > want to retire it prematurely and confuse our customers.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know a way of doing this inside Exchange or using other,
> > > hopefully free, tools? Our ISP is unable to help and my own Exchange
> > > knowledge doesn't stretch this far.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

create e-mail enabled contact by script
hy all im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts. a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but they didn´t were e-mail enabled. I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts, but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail functionality by creating a mailbox object. This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object. Does someone has an idea? greetings jc "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im lookin...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Recieve Mail Before Sending

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Sorting Data #5

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Mail lMerge

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Please ignore #2

DNS Error on Exchange

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

matching contents #2