Importing vcalendar data to multiple users

I'm running Exchange 5.5.  Several times a year I have to create a large
group of users.  I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's
calendar with pertinent calendar events.

Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode?
0
emarkert (10)

See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps.

ME wrote:
> I'm running Exchange 5.5.  Several times a year I have to create a
> large group of users.  I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's
> calendar with pertinent calendar events.
>
> Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode?

0
lanwench (7567)

Multiple CRM Sites (child domains) on 1 Server
I would like to install multiple CRM sites, from different child domains, on 1 CRM server. I believe this is possible. Are there any things I should be aware of? Any critical issues that will arise? Is this covered in the implimentation guide....off to get it now. Thanks. "Scott" <wikayaker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141061562.354599.267210@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... >I would like to install multiple CRM sites, from different child > domains, on 1 CRM server. Not possible, sorry. I believe I read MS is considering this for the next version, to f...

Trouble with user security
HI,I have a database on a shared folder in a PC. From another PC i opened this database and setup user level security using the wizard. On the first PC, instead of running the wizard, i created a new user and put in the admin group and then removed the admin user from the admin group.Now i ve got into serious trouble. From the second PC, i am able to logon on and use the database perfectly fine. But on the first PC, the new user does not have permission to open the database. the admin user can open but has no other rights. The secured.mdw is in the same folder as the database.How do i r...

move messagees for all users
Hi, Any suggestions on how to move all messages from a mailbox folder (sync issues/server failures) to the Inbox for all users? Thanks in advance, Matt Depending on how many users you are talking about. Probably the best way would be to make it a Public Folder as security does not seem to be an issue here. "Matt" <matt@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u0xcA4OIGHA.3036@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Any suggestions on how to move all messages from a mailbox folder (sync > issues/server failures) to the Inbox for all users? > > Thanks in advance, ...

Import into Investing
I need to figure-out how to import my broker data (profit/loss from daytrading) into Money, so that it can be moved into TaxCut from there. My broker provides a transaction record in QIF format, but Money doesn't seem to be able to reconciles the various buys and sells for profit and loss. My broker also provides a profit and loss export in Excel format, which I could convert to QIF but I can't figure-out the field layout to make that work. Any thoughts? Bill "Bill George" <Bill George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B3A39F-2C20-43B5-AD30-F...

Comparing data and updating spreadsheets
I have two spreadsheets with Last Name and First Name columns. What I would like to do is compare the Last Name and First Name fields in Spreadsheet A to the same fields in Spreadsheet B. If there's a match, I would like to take the UserID from Spreadsheet A and update the UserID column in Spreadsheet B. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? when you say update the User ID on sheet two, is there an existing number which will be changed. if so, I would add a new column with the old IDs on sheet two and add a new IDcolumn wit =if(iserror(sumproduct(--(Sh1!Lastrange=last),--(Sh...

formatting data series
Hello, I have Excel 2007. I have a stacked bar chart comprising 4 data 'series' . I want to change the formats of the bars. I know how to select a series & format it, but can I format all 4 series simultaneously , or can I format one and copy that format to the others (I only want the bar colours to be different) Thanks KK ...

Making Bulk changes with import files
Hi all. Years ago I worked as an exchange 5.5 admin and I could use a simple csv file to enable a mailbox as well as have that same file set the mailbox to deliver to a custom recipient. Also I could delete CR/Mailboxes with a csv file. Are there any such switches in Exchange 2003? Is there any place that lists all the goodies? I've been searching the knowledge base and googling without success. Thanks! In Exchange 5.5 we had directory database for exchange. In Exchange 2000 and 2003 we do not have any separate directory for Exchange. All the mailbox or contact related attrib...

Auto time recording in another cell for data entered in one
I need to record the time any data is entered in a cell of a particula coloumn. Example: In coloumn A if data is entered in cell A10 the automatically current time is recorded in cell N10. If there is any macro for this then pls let me know -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may also have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to record the time any data is entered in a cell of a > particular coloumn. Example: In coloumn A if data is entered in cell > A10 then automatically current time i...

how to import mails from netscape mail client to outlook?
I am using Netscape mail client. I want to switch outlook. In import option there is no option for netscape. So how to import mails from netscape mail client to outlook? Is any ways there? Can you export your mail out of the Netscape client to a Comma Seperated Values file? If so then export them to the .csv file and then import the csv file into Outlook. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications NirmalBabu <NirmalBabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am us...

Excel fails to update call to user-written function.
I run Excel 2002 under <cringe> Win 2000. Although recalc is set to automatic, Excel often fails to calc cells that call functions I wrote in VBA--i.e. whose formula is =MyFunc(). I have a workbook with hundreds of cells with formula "=MyFunc (param)", where param is the address of another cell. MyFunc() returns some text plus the target cell's address. So if, say, I insert a row in the sheet, all cells calling MyFunc() below the row I inserted should update. But few or often even none do. (Except if on the cell I press F2-Edit and return, which of course works.) My only...

Antigen 8.0
Hi all. I've used other products which allowed an LDAP lookup to be done at the mail gateway and the message to be deleted -- without scanning and without NDR -- if "to:" address does not exist in the Domain. I cannot find any information on how to do this with Antigen. I'd appreciate any information anyone may be able to provide. Here's the info on my server: Version: 8.00.1517 (Licensed) Service Release: 3 Licensed Components: Component License Type Expiration Date ASM Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Mode: VSA...

How do I insert a message when a user opens my Excel workbook?
Hi KP, Try: something like: '================>> Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "Hello from KP!" End Sub '================>> This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module): **************************************************** Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet (or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised) Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code. Alt-F11 to return to Excel. If you are not familiar with mac...

Multiple namespaces
Hi, Is it possible to write the following with the use of XML? How? <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:cd="http://www.recshop.fake/cd#"> Can someone help me out. Thanks in Advance Curious wrote: > Is it possible to write the following with the use of XML? How? > <rdf:RDF > xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" > xmlns:cd="http://www.recshop.fake/cd#"> That is a start tag of an element with local name RDF, prefix rdf bound to the namespace URI http://www.w3.org/1999/...

Excel Reports & BP 4.0
Loading any of the Excel Reports published to the BusinessPortal Reports Library gets Login Failed for user ". The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection If I use a SQL Server Authentication name it works. I want to use the Windows Authentication to eliminate the extra logon prompt. Can anyone tell me what am I missing? ***************** Microsoft Office Excel Login Failed for user ". The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection Microsoft SQL Server Login Connection Failed: SQLState: '42000' ...

block users from using outlook & OWA at the same time
how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once logged off form Outlook then only be abel to log on to OWA. JJ le Grange <JJleGrange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at > the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users > BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once > logged off form Outlook then ...

How to find the data source
Hi, and Thank you for any help. I have inherited a hand full of Pivot table spreadsheets that Pull data in from an Access DB, and the query used in the spread sheet needs to be modified (it is using some Dates that should not be hard coded). There are a few that I just can not find any Links, or Data Queries, nothing that looks like it is calling out to the data source, except it does prompt me to refresh the data when I open the file. I've found all the hidden sheets, and named ranges (I think) I've looked through all the VBA also. How do I find what I can't see?? Thanks....

Chart with data from multiple worksheets
Is there a way to create a chart that uses data (range) from multiple worksheets in both x and y axis. In my case I have several worksheets for different cities in one file. Within each worksheet are three columns. Column 1 identifies a point of interest in the city, column 2 measures the distance from the airport to said point of interest and column 3 has the elevation of the point of interest. I wish to chart the distances on the x axis and the elevations on the y axis using the data from the each city worksheet directly without creating another worksheet that references all the da...

Import Emails with Attachment....
Anyone migrated emails with attachments from another database (say GoldMine) to MS CRM? It looks like that though Data Migration Framework migrates emails but it does not import email Attachments. I am saying so since cdf_MSCRM do not have corresponding table for "ActivityMimeAttachment". Please correct me if I am wrong. I have imported (on a test scale) emails by a script (by calling webservice) but I do not know how to import email attachments. Can someone out there guide me to the right direction? I appreciate your help. Checkout Scribe Software, it can handle attachments: h...

Monitor Amount Of Data Downloaded
I was wondering if there was any way of finding out how much data (emails) in terms of MB exchange processes/downloads on a monthly basis. On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 21:00:00 -0800, Stephen <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering if there was any way of finding out how much data (emails) in >terms of MB exchange processes/downloads on a monthly basis. Lots, there are 3rd party applications that take your message tracking logs and present them in graph and report formats Quest and Promodag are good packages for the large and small/med orgs respectively. Are there a...

Removing Legacy Data from a PivotChart report
I have a pivot chart report which pulls its source data from SQL Server database. I have created a copy of this file to point to a different SQL Server (exact same tables). When I refresh the report, the chart and pivot are refreshed correctly from the new server. However the original data still remains (as well as the new data) in the drop down selection box for the columns. i.e. the chart is showing ExecuteDate in the ROW area, JobName in the COLUMN area and the number of minutes each job ran each day as the DATA. The graph plots each job showing the duration over the last 30 days. In the...

counting blocks of data
this is a sample of a large block of data I have. A block of data is represented by the letter A until the next cell is Blank. For E.G. row 1 has 2 blocks of data. the 1st block is row1, col3 and 4 and the next block is column 9. row 2 has 2 blocks. Col3,col4 and col5 is the 1st block and column 8 & 9 is the 2nd block. Row 3 has 1 block only. column 6&7 Row 4 has 0 blocks and row 5 has 1 block because all the A's are in adjacent cells. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Row 1 A A A Row 2 A A A A A Row 3 A A Row 4 Row 5 A A A A Thank you all for you...

Importing Fixed Width data
Hi, I've been extracting information from my company mainframe, and placing fields into a "fixed length record" file, which I then FTP, and import into Excel 2000. Each record contains around 200 fields, and the import process is VERY painful, for two reasons. - many of the fields are single byte, and clicking to set the start/end point of each is a nightmare. - I generally need to put many of my fields into 'Text' format, as much of the data has leading zeros, which need to be retained. Is there a way that I can set up an import 'template', so that I can just...

LINEST
I would like to use the LINEST function on data that is not located in one single row or column. The data that have to be correlated are scattered along the worksheet and I would like to select them manually. How can I do this. If I try =LINEST((E72;F72;G72);(E75;F75;G75),1,1) or =LINEST({E72;F72;G72}; {E75;F75;G75},1,1) an error occurs. How can I input an array of nonadjacent cells in this function. thx Why not use some 'helper cells' with formulas like =E72 to get the numbers into a contiguous range? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme ...

User's dilemma
PC Games installed only w/Admin. privies, but want to play them as Standard user. Some games I install using my Admin acct. show up on my Standard user desktop to play and some don't. Why? How can I install as Admin. and play as Standard? I noticed the one that does show up for both accounts has a website for "Game Downloads". Could this be it? It even has a popup window telling me I am a standard user and to connect to the internet to use other features. Now, this is what worries me. I don't want to play any of the games I install from disc via my Ad...

Import from Excel
I have an Excel file that I would like to bring the information into Publisher. Is there a way to do this dynamically? My Publisher file has two templates per page and I want to be able to select a record from my Excel file and import only certain fields into one of the templates. Then, I would like to select another record and import only certain fields into the second template. Is there a way to do this in Publisher? Many thanks, -Tim TimK wrote: || I have an Excel file that I would like to bring the information into || Publisher. Is there a way to do this dynamically? My Publis...