Importing Contacts

I have a LARGE contact list that I need to import into some type of address
list.  So far the best way is to create a contact OU and import them into
there using CSVDE.  Is this the best way?  And does anyone have any
suggestions on how to get the proper format.  I have the file in CSV format.
I think all i have to do is put the proper headers on it and import it.

Thank You
0
Tbaker (4)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:59:08 -0800, Tbaker
<Tbaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a LARGE contact list that I need to import into some type of address
>list.  So far the best way is to create a contact OU and import them into
>there using CSVDE.  Is this the best way?  And does anyone have any
>suggestions on how to get the proper format.  I have the file in CSV format.
>I think all i have to do is put the proper headers on it and import it.
>
>Thank You

Guy Thomas has a good resource for this:
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CSVDE_LDIFDE.htm
Give it a shot.

0
mark7219 (5666)

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Copy my contacts to disc on a disc in Outlook 2003
I want to copy my e-mail contacts to a disc. I have Outlook 2003. I found out a way to copy to a xls file,but it comes out with too many columns. I would rather just copy it the way it is my contact folder, alphabetically or the way it is in my address book. Your Contacts are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data, so you would copy your entire data file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com...

how retreive outlook contact and calander file from crashed PC?
Hi, WinXP home stopped loading this afternoon. I pulled the 2.5 " drive and have it in an external bay and plugged it into a laptop via the USB port. The drive is fine. I copied off most data files, but can't get to the desktop. It tells me I don't have adm. permission. There's one file there I want to get, but so far, no luck. Is there a way to retrieve the files Outlook 2007 uses for the calander and install/import them to a different Computer? That's my main concern right now. If so, is it as simple as copying a file and pasting it? Any help much appriciate. Mike...

Import Lists?
Is there a way to copy or import members (list of email addresses) from a Global Address List into a Excel spreadsheet? I've been able to put into a Word doc but it's not the results I'm looking for. Thanks!! You can use LDIFDE to run the query, you can then paste the results into an Excel spreadsheet. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:490c01c49feb$cf922950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy or import members (list of email > addresses) from a Global Address List into a Excel > spreadsheet? I've been able to put into a Wo...

Importing backup file problems
Hi, I am still using Outlook 97 but will be upgrading in the next month, I can copy the PST file from my work computer ( computer 1) easily enough, but after I copy it into the relevant folder into my home computer (computer 2), the most recent additions I made in Computer 1 appear twice in the restored file in computer 2. i.e I make an all day event for 28/03/2007, but when I open the file in Computer 2, this appears as a two day event.extending from 28/03/07 and 29/03/07 - the end time changes to the next day, so I have to go through each event and modify the dates to be single days...

How Import Calendar from Palm III???
I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and addresses to Outlook 2000. Any suggestions? You need to install the Chapura PocketMirror software that is included on the Palm III CD - it is under Software IIRC. Once you do, go to http://www.chapura.com and download the free upgrade for the version that comes on the Palm CD. When you install the SW, ensure that you select to synch with the Outlook Calendar, not the Palm Desktop. >-----Original Message----- >I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and >addresses to O...

importing email and contacts from a file
I'm running Outlook 2007 and want to import my mail and contacts (address book) from the saved files of my older outlook. I've already been using Outlook for a few weeks and I was wondering if I can merge the existing e-mails with the mails in the file? Is it possible? Thank you! mgm Never import Outlook data. To merge the files, just open the older file and copy what you want from it into the new file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mgm" <mgm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGbc2MoHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2007 and ...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

Import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook
Hi, Does anybody know how to import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook? Thanks, Eric Check this page for information on importing from other programs: http://www.slipstick.com/config/olimport.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052101c3...

Importing the format (Excel 2003)
I'm using a vlookup function to import data from a pivot table but I'd like to import the format as well. From previous posts this is apparently not possible unless you use codes. I'm unfortunately not familiar with coding. Is there maybe a site you could direct me to where I would be able to figure out what I need to do? Any links to sites where one could learn a bit more about macros and coding would be helpful as well. Hi Jaco, After entering the v-lookup formulae in the required cell, you can use paset - special format from the respective pivot field. -- Dilip Kumar Pandey...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

flag disappears when import messages from oe6
When I import messages into outlook 2003 from OE6 on the same computer,flags on the messages disappears & flag column on outlook is blank Any way to import falgs too with messages. As i have lots of messages which are flagged on OE6 & very difficult to flag them on outlook 2003 manually Attique khawaja I don't think these get migrated. Try it again but this time choose Export from within Outlook Express. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "khawaja" <anony...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005
Hi, I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from the ...

Fixed Assets Import (6 months ago)
Hello: It really is a moot point. The situation is over, my clients are happy, and I am able to import fixed assets just fine. But, six months ago and right before service pack 1 for GP 9.0 was released, for the first time ever I was unable to import fixed assets. The FA Import Tool would show--on the "surface"--that all of my assets imported. But, the fact of the matter was that the assets did NOT import. And, there were no error messages givens to why! I had opened up a case with Microsoft, at that time. They admitted that they could not solve the mystery. And, they s...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

Paycheck import ???
Is this a way, if any, to correctly import gross pay as a paycheck in MS Money ? Have you tried the Paycheck special "category"? "George" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13cb501c3f93d$98d8eb60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is this a way, if any, to correctly import gross pay as a > paycheck in MS Money ? Sorry, I don't understand your suggestion. Using standard export to qif I can only import split transactions, but no realy paycheck category. George I guess I didn't understand your question then. But I did just try this wit...