IMF Will Not Update - SOLUTION

I can report that I just received the update(!!), as follows:

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003: Update for Intelligent Message Filter for
Exchange Server 2003: 2006.11.09 (KB907747)

The "solution" to the problem is as follows: There is a *small window* (how
long exactly I don't know), every 1st or 3rd Tuesday (or Wednesday) of each
month to get the update. If you miss the "window" then you have to wait 2
weeks for the next updates to come along.

As well as that, make sure you have the following in place:

- Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2.
- Uninstall IMFv1 (Intelligent Message Filter version 1) prior to installing
Exchange SP2. Do not install IMFv1 after Exchange SP2. Exchange SP2 has it's
own version of IMF (IMFv2), which is the one we have trouble updating.
- After Exchange SP2: Make sure your server has the necessary subkey of
ContentFilterState with a DWORD value of 1 under the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
- VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your Exchange Server is running Microsoft Update
(not Windows Update).
- Make sure MUWEB.DLL is in the System32 folder. I'm not sure how important
this last part is, but I've heard that it is important (it seems to be on all
our servers already - certainly with Exchange SP2).
- LAST and NOT LEAST: Wait for the update window to come around (1st & 3rd
Tuesday or Wednesday of each month). Look for it on the Microsoft Update Site
and PROMPTLY install the update when it is available. If you miss it, you'll
have to wait another 2 weeks.

That's it!

0
Macker (5)

Can you not manually update using Windows Update through IE instead of
waiting two weeks?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Macker" <Macker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can report that I just received the update(!!), as follows:
>
> Microsoft Exchange Server 2003: Update for Intelligent Message Filter for
> Exchange Server 2003: 2006.11.09 (KB907747)
>
> The "solution" to the problem is as follows: There is a *small window*
> (how
> long exactly I don't know), every 1st or 3rd Tuesday (or Wednesday) of
> each
> month to get the update. If you miss the "window" then you have to wait 2
> weeks for the next updates to come along.
>
> As well as that, make sure you have the following in place:
>
> - Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2.
> - Uninstall IMFv1 (Intelligent Message Filter version 1) prior to
> installing
> Exchange SP2. Do not install IMFv1 after Exchange SP2. Exchange SP2 has
> it's
> own version of IMF (IMFv2), which is the one we have trouble updating.
> - After Exchange SP2: Make sure your server has the necessary subkey of
> ContentFilterState with a DWORD value of 1 under the key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
> - VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your Exchange Server is running Microsoft
> Update
> (not Windows Update).
> - Make sure MUWEB.DLL is in the System32 folder. I'm not sure how
> important
> this last part is, but I've heard that it is important (it seems to be on
> all
> our servers already - certainly with Exchange SP2).
> - LAST and NOT LEAST: Wait for the update window to come around (1st & 3rd
> Tuesday or Wednesday of each month). Look for it on the Microsoft Update
> Site
> and PROMPTLY install the update when it is available. If you miss it,
> you'll
> have to wait another 2 weeks.
>
> That's it!

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
11/14/2006 10:34:05 PM
No you can't. You MUST use Microsoft Update, which is different from Windows
Update. You also need to use it through IE.

And even if you manually update, the IMF update will disappear after a day
or two. You need to "catch it" while it's there.

Crazy, I know, but that's just the way it is, unfortunately.

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> Can you not manually update using Windows Update through IE instead of
> waiting two weeks?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Macker" <Macker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can report that I just received the update(!!), as follows:
> >
> > Microsoft Exchange Server 2003: Update for Intelligent Message Filter for
> > Exchange Server 2003: 2006.11.09 (KB907747)
> >
> > The "solution" to the problem is as follows: There is a *small window*
> > (how
> > long exactly I don't know), every 1st or 3rd Tuesday (or Wednesday) of
> > each
> > month to get the update. If you miss the "window" then you have to wait 2
> > weeks for the next updates to come along.
> >
> > As well as that, make sure you have the following in place:
> >
> > - Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2.
> > - Uninstall IMFv1 (Intelligent Message Filter version 1) prior to
> > installing
> > Exchange SP2. Do not install IMFv1 after Exchange SP2. Exchange SP2 has
> > it's
> > own version of IMF (IMFv2), which is the one we have trouble updating.
> > - After Exchange SP2: Make sure your server has the necessary subkey of
> > ContentFilterState with a DWORD value of 1 under the key:
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
> > - VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your Exchange Server is running Microsoft
> > Update
> > (not Windows Update).
> > - Make sure MUWEB.DLL is in the System32 folder. I'm not sure how
> > important
> > this last part is, but I've heard that it is important (it seems to be on
> > all
> > our servers already - certainly with Exchange SP2).
> > - LAST and NOT LEAST: Wait for the update window to come around (1st & 3rd
> > Tuesday or Wednesday of each month). Look for it on the Microsoft Update
> > Site
> > and PROMPTLY install the update when it is available. If you miss it,
> > you'll
> > have to wait another 2 weeks.
> >
> > That's it!

0
Macker (5)
11/14/2006 11:41:01 PM
Per the Exchange Team Blog, you should be able to do a manual update through
Microsoft Update if you miss a cycle.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/12/14/416070.aspx

--

> No you can't. You MUST use Microsoft Update, which is different from
> Windows
> Update. You also need to use it through IE.
>
> And even if you manually update, the IMF update will disappear after a day
> or two. You need to "catch it" while it's there.
>
> Crazy, I know, but that's just the way it is, unfortunately.
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Can you not manually update using Windows Update through IE instead of
>> waiting two weeks?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Macker" <Macker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can report that I just received the update(!!), as follows:
>> >
>> > Microsoft Exchange Server 2003: Update for Intelligent Message Filter
>> > for
>> > Exchange Server 2003: 2006.11.09 (KB907747)
>> >
>> > The "solution" to the problem is as follows: There is a *small window*
>> > (how
>> > long exactly I don't know), every 1st or 3rd Tuesday (or Wednesday) of
>> > each
>> > month to get the update. If you miss the "window" then you have to wait
>> > 2
>> > weeks for the next updates to come along.
>> >
>> > As well as that, make sure you have the following in place:
>> >
>> > - Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2.
>> > - Uninstall IMFv1 (Intelligent Message Filter version 1) prior to
>> > installing
>> > Exchange SP2. Do not install IMFv1 after Exchange SP2. Exchange SP2 has
>> > it's
>> > own version of IMF (IMFv2), which is the one we have trouble updating.
>> > - After Exchange SP2: Make sure your server has the necessary subkey of
>> > ContentFilterState with a DWORD value of 1 under the key:
>> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
>> > - VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your Exchange Server is running Microsoft
>> > Update
>> > (not Windows Update).
>> > - Make sure MUWEB.DLL is in the System32 folder. I'm not sure how
>> > important
>> > this last part is, but I've heard that it is important (it seems to be
>> > on
>> > all
>> > our servers already - certainly with Exchange SP2).
>> > - LAST and NOT LEAST: Wait for the update window to come around (1st &
>> > 3rd
>> > Tuesday or Wednesday of each month). Look for it on the Microsoft
>> > Update
>> > Site
>> > and PROMPTLY install the update when it is available. If you miss it,
>> > you'll
>> > have to wait another 2 weeks.
>> >
>> > That's it!

0
jcoliverjr (1013)

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar #2
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks Anthony wrote: || Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich || the Recipient can click to have the their || Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment || information. I have seen this work, can't find || inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks In Calendar, right-click on the event...

Updates are temporarily unavailable
I know many are having this problem with Yodlee, and I've asked before with no response. I cannot update 2 of my accounts that use Yodlee today. BUT I am able to occasionally. I've given up spending hours of creating new accounts, clearing Web site, etc etc... as instructed by tech. Now I find that on certain days it does indeed work. Can it be that Yodlee is shutting down? I find this error message listed under Money Sychronization. Both accounts cannot be synchronized. I was settling for doing my work manually, but when it works off and on like this I just wonder. I have a...

Automatic updates crippling legacy machine
I have a legacy 866MHz, 384Mbyte, XP/SP3 machine that has always run "well enough" however sometime in the last several months its responsiveness became awful most of the time. Using performance monitor I determined that "automatic updates" was driving it into a condition of more than 100 paging transactions/second rather continuously. When I disabled automatic updates the machine returned to its usual condition which is to say I can have a number of apps open and get reasonable performance. Has automatic updates changed in a significant way (either intenti...

IMF E2K
Hi gurus I think I know the answer to this but want to double-check with you gurus first.- Is IMF just to be use on E2K3 all I see and read applies to E2K3 Thanks Correct. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73F1202-6863-4532-88AD-CF084C75CD3B@microsoft.com... > Hi gurus > > I think I know the answer to this but want to double-check with you gurus > first.- Is IMF just to be use on E2K3 all I see and read appl...

Quotes and Bank Updates over the Internet
I am running XP for Home. I upgraded from Money 2003 to 2004. While running Money 2003 I would get the latest stock prices for my holdings and all bank transactions from my bank. Since I upgraded I cannot. I cannot find where to point to my ISP (Comcast via Ethernet/Cable Modem). I can hot link from Money to the Web for Help. Help ...

Check the security update from MS Corp.
--wadrggrtzyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ipwfliboy"; type="multipart/alternative" --ipwfliboy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="adodlupkrh" --adodlupkrh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintai...

Downloaded Transactions will not import
I am running a Win XP machine using Money 2002 (only 2 years behind the times) I have a credit union that when I download transactions into Money it does not give me an option to save the file to disk but rather downloads it and opens it automatically. For some reason it does not transfer into Money. My other credit union gives me the option save it to disk and once it is saved I can open the file and the transactions will be transferred into money. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks in Advance When you say 'opens it automatically', how is it opening it? In Notepad? If s...

Inventory Update. Purchase Order
Hi guys. We are implementing POs to our main product inventory. What I can figure out, is how the inventory is updated using POs. At the moment, all our inventory quantities are on order. How can I change these quantities to real existencies? Daniel: You have to perform receiving transactions on the POs. The receiving transaction updates inventory (both quantity and value) and creates a liability for the goods received. Refer to your GP Help guide as to how to perform these transactions. It's a bit of a lengthy process to go into here. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dyn...

IE 8 will not allow Adobe Reader download
Recently I updated to IE 8 on a winXP Service pack 3 machine. I believe the machine was infected with something at the time. I was using Avast and AVG Antivirus that were not finding anything though. The machine was very slow though so I purchased Registry/Idenity Patrol and ran that several times. It would find less things each time but got down to six items it would not remove. The computer runs much faster now but is unstable. When I try to download Adobe reader or Flash it immediatly locks IE and I get a message about maliious add ons. Also, I uninstalled all other Virus prog...

IMF Trouble
I'm running a SBS 2003 sp1 W/ Exchange 2003 sp2 / IMF / update IMF has not created the ucearchive folder, and is not filtering UCE. I keep finding the following entry in my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7514 Date: 1/24/2006 Time: 6:14:27 PM User: N/A Computer: BLUESKY Description: An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter. The error code is 0x80070570. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 99% you installed IMFv1 on top of SP2 http://w...

automatically update budget list from source
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a checkbook worksheet similar to that of the ledger template given in excel. This is because I want to keep track of my checking account transactions here, but then separate them by the categories I give them. For example, if I have these categories: Car, Food, Supplies, Housing, then I want four separate budget lists (one for each category) to keep track of the expenses categorically. I assume these would be on four separate worksheets in a workbook, concluding with five worksheets (one for the sou...

Outlook will not stay online
I am having to schedule the send/receive function rather than staying online when I am connected via a VPN. How do i correct this? Ask your Network/Mail admin to troubleshoot the VPN connection. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Roy asked: | I am having to schedule the send/receive function rather than staying | online when I am connected via a VPN. How do i correct this? ...

Office 2001 update 9.0.5
anyone...? -- ...rotinom siht edisni deppart m'I !!esaelp em pleH What's your question? On 10/27/04 12:57 PM, "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote: > anyone...? -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

When will CRM 4.0 Stand-Alone Online Help be available?
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=38cec6ea-d992-4147-a685-61cbbdedf7ac&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

Solution Accelerator for Proposals
Hi, does anybody have the link to the: Microsoft Office Solution Accelerator for Proposals for Microsoft CRM? Tnx. More info: Microsoft Business Solutions Drives Additional Value In Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 June 1st, 2004 Last Modified 9/19/2004 4:16:35 AM Posted 6/1/2004 3:23:57 PM New Feature Pack Offers Tighter Integration With Microsoft Office 2003, Availability of Microsoft CRM Mobile 1.2 and Other Product Enhancements REDMOND, Wash. - June 1, 2004 - Microsoft Business Solutions today announced significant enhancements to Microsoft� Business Solutions CRM 1.2, du...

Update Query question 06-26-07
Hello, I am trying to write what I assume would be an update query. I have 2 fields, acct_num and brnch_num in my table. I need to combine these 2 fields into a new field called cust_num. So, if: brnch_num acct_num 123 45678 123 12 12 1 Then I would need the cust_num to read: 12345678, 12300012, 01200001 I'm not sure how to get the zeroes into the cust number so that that number is always 8 diguts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't use an update query for this. Keep the data separat...

Outlook Connector Update for Outlook 2007
When I open outlook 2007 I am prompted to upgrade my outlook connector to continue accessing my hotmail account. It then proceeds to download file OLC.msi followed by a prompt to restart outlook in order to finish the installation. The outlook connector setup wizard then opens and prompts me to repair or remove outlook connector. I've tried both options - repairing does nothing, as soon I restart outlook I get the upgrade window again, removing and reinstalling outlook connector yields the same result. Any thoughts?? Same problem, rather frusterating. Haven't found a fix ...

Free/Busy not updating
I have a user whose Free/Busy has not updated since 11/28 of this year. All times are synchronized and all typical free/busy settings are correct. Any ideas as to why free/busy is not updating? Thanks, Try opening Outlook using the ".../CleanFreeBusy" switch. The link(s) below will give you the instructions on how to use it. OL98: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=182112 OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;197180& OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches http://sup...

Project server 2007 Task updates issue
I have Single server installation of Project server 2007. I have the following issue. Looking forward for your help All users updates their tasks using Outlook 2007 plug in. 1. User receives task 1,updates progress 30%, and submit updates. (Task1 has been overdue) 2. The Project manager who receive task updates sees the update of progress 30% and also sees an indication that the task is overdue. 3. Project manager deletes task1 as this task is no longer needed. 4. User starts outlook 2007 and sync tasks with server. 4. The user who receives task updates does not see an ...

Try this critical update from the MS Corporation
--mynytfne Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eeiohlompjnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --eeiohlompjnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cmfdyavg" --cmfdyavg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security o...

Exchange database not being updated
Hi, On our exchange server, we have one Mailbox Store in the First Storage group. In the mailbox store properties->database, the file for the exchange database is: H:\MDBDATA\priv1.edb and that for the Exchange streaming database is H:\MDBDATA\priv1.stm. The email system appears to be functioning perfectly but these two files never change- their size and last modified date, when viewed through explorer have been constant since the 8th of February this year. Is this not where the new emails are stored? How can it be unchanging? I discovered this issue (if it is an issue) because the backup...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Auto Update Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to update my Office 2008 Student and Home edition. I have tried within the different softwares and by manually downloading the updates. I currently have version 12.0. The updates download properly, then I start the installation process. I get the following: Installing Office SP1 Update Running Auto Update Installer Script No matter how long I leave the computer - it never moves beyond 1 bar - the longest I left it was 5 hours. I have 3 updates I have to do 12.1, 12.11 and 12.12. Can you please ass...

One form, two tables UPDATE help?
I am running Access 2003. A user enters data into one field on a continuous form bound to one table. I want to be able to UPDATE this same data into a similar field in another table based on an equal week number, year and Part number for the data. Is this possible? I have been trying something like: Sub UpdateCM1() Dim strQuery As String Dim HoldWeekNo as Integer Dim HoldYear as Integer Dim HoldPartNo as String HoldWeekNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!WeekNo HoldYear = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!Yr HoldPartNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!PartNo strQuery = "UPDATE CMMonth " & _...