IMF V2 /// Auto Update (Microsoft Update) does'nt work

on a E2K3 std US SP2 FE srv, IMF V2 auto update (Microsoft Update) does'nt
work.

I have 2 Front-End E2K3 load-balanced servers.

On the 2nd node, the IMF auto update works fine but on the first node,
nothing happens.

best practices from
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907747#XSLTH3166121123120121120120 have
been applied on the 2 nodes:

How to enable updates
After you enable the Intelligent Message Filter in Exchange System Manager,
to enable Intelligent Message Filter updates, you must create the
ContentFilterState registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click
Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Expand the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
3. In the left pane, click Exchange. Then, right-click in the right pane,
point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type ContentFilterState, and then press ENTER to name the new registry
entry.
5. Right-click ContentFilterState, and then click Modify.
6. In the Data value box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Quit Registry Editor.
8. In the Services snap-in, restart the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
service.

i need to manually update the IMF.

Any idea?

thanks

0
Antoine

I feel your pain Antoine, I just did the Exchange SP2 update and turned
all of the IMF v2 stuff on and Automatic Updates are not offering the
new IMF updates to me either.  And the one on the MS website is from
Feb. 2005. They are supposed to come out ever 2 weeks right?  Well
where are they for manual downloading?

If you solve this please post it and so will I.
Dave

Antoine Golio wrote:
> on a E2K3 std US SP2 FE srv, IMF V2 auto update (Microsoft Update) does'nt
> work.
>
> I have 2 Front-End E2K3 load-balanced servers.
>
> On the 2nd node, the IMF auto update works fine but on the first node,
> nothing happens.
>
> best practices from
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907747#XSLTH3166121123120121120120 have
> been applied on the 2 nodes:
>
> How to enable updates
> After you enable the Intelligent Message Filter in Exchange System Manager,
> to enable Intelligent Message Filter updates, you must create the
> ContentFilterState registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click
> Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
> 2. Expand the following registry subkey:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
> 3. In the left pane, click Exchange. Then, right-click in the right pane,
> point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
> 4. Type ContentFilterState, and then press ENTER to name the new registry
> entry.
> 5. Right-click ContentFilterState, and then click Modify.
> 6. In the Data value box, type 1, and then click OK.
> 7. Quit Registry Editor.
> 8. In the Services snap-in, restart the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
> service.
>

> i need to manually update the IMF.
>
> Any idea?
>
> thanks

0
dave7912 (2)
1/13/2006 8:42:13 AM
Antoine - I got the update.  I hadn't noticed the first time that you
had written (Microsoft Updates). Are you sure that's where you're going
to scan for the update?  Because "Windows" Updates doesn't catch the
update but for me, "Microsoft" Update did on the first try.  I got the
Jan. 6 2006 update.

Dave

DaveM wrote:
> I feel your pain Antoine, I just did the Exchange SP2 update and turned
> all of the IMF v2 stuff on and Automatic Updates are not offering the
> new IMF updates to me either.  And the one on the MS website is from
> Feb. 2005. They are supposed to come out ever 2 weeks right?  Well
> where are they for manual downloading?
>
> If you solve this please post it and so will I.
> Dave
>
> Antoine Golio wrote:
> > on a E2K3 std US SP2 FE srv, IMF V2 auto update (Microsoft Update) does'nt
> > work.
> >
> > I have 2 Front-End E2K3 load-balanced servers.
> >
> > On the 2nd node, the IMF auto update works fine but on the first node,
> > nothing happens.
> >
> > best practices from
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907747#XSLTH3166121123120121120120 have
> > been applied on the 2 nodes:
> >
> > How to enable updates
> > After you enable the Intelligent Message Filter in Exchange System Manager,
> > to enable Intelligent Message Filter updates, you must create the
> > ContentFilterState registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click
> > Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
> > 2. Expand the following registry subkey:
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange
> > 3. In the left pane, click Exchange. Then, right-click in the right pane,
> > point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
> > 4. Type ContentFilterState, and then press ENTER to name the new registry
> > entry.
> > 5. Right-click ContentFilterState, and then click Modify.
> > 6. In the Data value box, type 1, and then click OK.
> > 7. Quit Registry Editor.
> > 8. In the Services snap-in, restart the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
> > service.
> >

> > i need to manually update the IMF.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > thanks

0
dave7912 (2)

Entourage Screwed up after SP2 Update
Dual 2 GHz G5 OS 10.4.2 Microsoft Office 2004 Entourage 2004 v11.2.0 I routinely allow Microsoft Office to check for updates and go ahead an install these, because they are almost always small bug fixes (that I had often not even encountered). Well, the last update that came down has managed to completely screw up my Entourage (I don't really use the other office product very much, whereas I use Entourage non-stop). First of all, I encountered several problems while the update was trying to update my data file. It kept failing and wanting to start over. I finally had to rebuild the datab...

Microsoft CRM Mobile: device Registration failure
hi, I�m having connectivity probelems with connecting Microsoft CRM mobile server from Mobile phone (QTEK 9100) i�m getting screen registering device but soon i get an error about connectivity (A connection cannot be established at this yime. Please try again later) and later IP addres cannot be obtaoned if connected from ActiveSync. I�m using ActiveSync connection or GPRS + VPN connection. Server tested. Pages ssCERDA and etc. opens from my server, my pc and also from my pocke pc phone. Does anyone know how to solve this Thanks Jurgis. ...

CRM3 Workflow not working
Hello all, CRM3 Workflow Rules are not working. I checked event log and found below error, did anyone had similar issue or have any solution for below error? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Event Category: None Event ID: 16649 Date: 1/29/2008 Time: 2:36:11 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMSERVER Description: Condition {CF93D8C6-A0CE-DC11-9707-001C23C829A0} failed in step {CA93D8C6-A0CE-DC11-9707-001C23C829A0} of process instance {B493D8C6-A0CE-DC11-9707-001C23C829A0}. Please view the paused rule in the Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Monitor for more information about the failu...

LOOKUP function does not work with row vector of numbers
Here is a spread sheet on Excel 2003: A B 1 =1.11+2 2 2 =LOOKUP(3.11,A1:B1) The B2 cell is #N/A, although A1 is evaluated to be 3.11 It seems if you match against 1.1+2, it works. Could anyone tell me where things is going wrong? Thanks What are you trying to do? Do you want to return the *last* (rightmost) numeric value in the range? If so, try this: =LOOKUP(1E100,A1:B1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "JRaSH" <jrash06@163.com> wrote in message news:O50aaD2iKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Here is a...

AutomaticScale doesn't work properly
Hi all a question a fellow employee has asked me earlyer: I have two identic formatted tables, with each 2 columns 1. Column contains each Month of the last 3 years 2. Column contains Data, normal numbers without link or whatever first table ranges from 98.8 to 109.3 second table from 100 to 136 Now i'm going to do two chart from those two tables: first table changes into a chart where the minimum is automatically set to 92, second table however has a minimum of 0!?? even when i change some of the numbers it stays like that! What points does excel take into consideration for calculating ...

Auto Assign Check boxes
Hi, I am trying to create a worksheet on excel which uses a large amount of checkboxes. I am looking for a way to automatically 'assign' these checkboxes to a cell, e.g. when I put a checkbox in Cell A1, the true/false appears in cell B1; when Checkbox is created in (or moved to)cell A2, true/false appears in cell B2. Can anyone help? Sixhobbits. Windows 7 home basic Microsoft office Suite 2007 Only very basic knowledge of VB I would use a macro that added the checkboxes from the Forms toolbar (not the control toolbox toolbar) and assigned the linked cell when the checkboxes were ...

Microsoft Office Notification app never opens
Right now my office's install of Office 2004 does not come with Entourage (because we want to encourage our users to use another email program) but when you try to save something in word, you never get an audible response to know that it saved sucessfully. Some of our more protective users would really love to get their *DING* back. When I try to open up the Office Notification app it never seems to open, it just bounces up and down, but it never fully opens. Any ideas? I've gone through the normal steps of trying to delete preferences, re-install Office, etc. etc. etc. What you&...

Microsoft publisher and other office programs
In publisher how do I add the file name automatically to page ...

Links updating?
I have a workbook that, once upon a time, linked to five externa workbooks. I have since cleaned up the workbook so that it only link to one external workbook. However, whenever I open the sheet and a prompted to update the links, it tells me that one of my links won' update. When I click into the list of links (which now only has th link to the one external workbook that I am still linking to), it say the status is ok, and if I update them through that box, I get n errors. Any idea how I can get it to stop telling me there is an erro if there is not -- Kimmerz32 --------------------...

Need help with updating linked data
Hi, I've searched the online help and elsewhere on the internet for solution to my problem, but have had no luck so far. I'm creating a report that is to be in one excel datasheet, then linke across several powerpoint slides as one continuous table. The data needs to be updated monthly and changes reflected in th powerpoint automatically. So, my newb question is; is it actually possible to do this, and how? I've had no luck linking or embedding the file, I am unaware as to ho to split it across several powerpoint slides whilst keeping the abilit to link to the original file...

web query on EXCEL does not work. Why?
In November 05 the link to the financial query in Excel stopped working. The error message says" ...unable to open http//investor.msn.com/external/excel....." I've tried it on several different computers. What am I missing? Not sure if it is just a typo but shouldn't > http//investor.msn.com/external/excel....." be > http://investor.msn.com/external/excel....." (ie a missing colon) -- JulieD julied at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au "jimf" wrote: > In November 05 the link to the financial query in Excel stopped working. The > error...

Distance between two sets of coordinates... update
Sorry for making a new post, but it seems that the original has moved down the page due to the date and wouldn't be as visible to new contributors. Much more new information here. Was using the Haversine formula to find the distance between two sets of coordinates, but it seemed to break down where we didn't use North or West coordinates, as Excel didn't like negative dd:mm:ss, as I would have has to use for east and south. So I converted them to decimal degrees multiplying by 24/-24 depending on a condition of N/S or E/W. The coordinates are originally entered as they are on maps...

How to convert Claris Works spreadsheet to Excel?
I was sent a Claris Works spreadsheet, created on a Mac, and want to convert it to Excel format. Is there any way to do so? ...

Money that works on Pocket PC
I am running Pocket PC 2003 and I am not able to use Money 2004 Deluxe. Are there any plans to get this out anytime soon???? Mine works fine. "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079901c394cb$94499cb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am running Pocket PC 2003 and I am not able to use > Money 2004 Deluxe. Are there any plans to get this out > anytime soon???? > ...

Work and staff schedule
Hi all, i am trying to find a simple way to count the number of days staff will be working on particular tasks by week as well as a total. This is what the xls should look like: 1. The weeks are columns, and identity when the task, in rows, starts and stops 2. The tasks are rows against the weeks and staff working are identified in no. of days. 3. In the rows below the tasks the staff names are repeated so that we can get a summary of staff involved. W1 W2 S1 S2 Total T1 X X 1 1 2 T2 X 1 1 Total ...

Option entry and price updates questions
Having a little trouble getting MS Money 2007 Deluxe to work with me on option entry and price updates. Problem #1: I sold puts in GE Oct. $25s (GEWVY.O) to open. How do I enter this to show the transaction, including the cash received? Problem #2: It appears that "Updates Prices Now" isn't updating the Put option price. I tried entering both GEWVY.O and GEWVY. Cannot figure out what else to try. Anyu assistance/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks. Dave I figured out how to update the price ; it's .GEWVY. Still having the issue with transaction entry. &quo...

Why WM_CTLCOLOR reflection doesn't work for CRichEditCtrl
Hi, I used WM_CTLCOLOR message reflection to change bkcolor in CRichEditCtrl derived class, but it didn't work. The CtlColor(...) function was never called by the framework. The same code worked fine for CEdit derived class. Why message reflection doesn't work for CRichEditCtrl in this case? Thanks, Nathan "Nathan" <nq282000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00cc01c35786$3d679aa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > I used WM_CTLCOLOR message reflection to change bkcolor in > CRichEditCtrl derived class, but it didn't work. The > CtlColor(.....

Microsoft Publisher to be discontinued.
NOT! :-) April Fools -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Har Har, just as all of us budgetprinters were going to jump up & down and clap with glee..... -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS someone with more" "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message news:uyV9qlCGEHA.2768@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > NOT! :-) > > April Fools > >...

send or receive mails automatic (10 min) doesn't work
Windows7 live mail should check every 10 min for mail, doesn't work. If I manual select sync neither, only if I select my standard account by sync, email's are coming in? Leave the "7" out of Windows Live Mail. Aside from being compatible, there is no direct connection with WLMail and Win7. Tools | Options | General. Did you set it to check every 10 minutes? Tools | Accounts. Check the properties of the accounts in question and under the General Tab, make sure: "Include this account........" is checked. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP...

Excel Auto Formatting Help
I have a workbook to record orders. I have set data validation for the product codes so that product name, description and supplier are entered. I would also like to set the format on the price field so that if I choose 'X' product the price cell format is � or if I select 'Y' product the cell format is in �. Thanks Try setting up a separate table that contains your prices, then you can do a VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP to find the price that correlates to that code. Another method would be to do an "IF, THEN" statement. IF(C2=X,"$50", IF(C2=Y,"$80",&q...

Combo box Auto Expand not working
In a large application I have many combo boxes with Auto Expand property set to "Yes". There are two fields in the row source: SELECT DISTINCTROW TBL_TOWN.TCODE, TBL_TOWN.TNAME FROM TBL_TOWN ORDER BY TBL_TOWN.TNAME; First visible field is TNAME. Bound column = 1 The combo boxes worked fine in Access 97. But after converting to Access 2007, the auto expand feature is not working. I've deleted one of the existing combo boxes and have recreated it using the wizard. Afterwards, Auto Expand is working. But when I save/ close the form and then reopen it, Auto Expand is no longer w...

2007 year end payroll tax update
We have been unable to download the 2007 year end payroll tax update the usual way. Is there an alternate way to get this? Someone has already supplied me with an alternate way to get 2008 Round One, but I still need the year end update desperately. Thank you, -- DoLu CustomerSource is the way to do it. What version of GP are you using? Has your business partner not been able to help? -- Charles Allen, MVP "DoLu" wrote: > We have been unable to download the 2007 year end payroll tax update the > usual way. Is there an alternate way to get this? Someone has alre...

Work Command
Does Excel have the "Work" command like Word Does or something similar? Could I ask where, in Word, the 'Work' command is found, I am unfamilia with such a command -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38867 There's nothing equivalent built into Excel. Word's Work menu is described here: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm Bryan Hessey w...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed
Dear all I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update. Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Pentium 4 Microsoft Office 2003 I have tried the following below: Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417 successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again. Please can you assist or advise? P...

IMF exclusion List
Hi. I'm using IMF on an Exchange 2K3 server and I would like to know if somebody knows how to exclude some e-mails addresses from the filter. I putted some in the Connection Filtering Tab - Exception Button, but apparently it doesn't work. Regards Cristian Nope, IMF is not customizable to that extent. (it's hardly customizable at all actually... but it does work very well) you will need a 3rd party product to do that. The best one i've come accross so far is from GFI (GFI Mail Essentials) www.gfi.com. The product is well priced. "Cristian" <cceliberti...