IMF v2 and the "GUI error"

Good morning everyone!

I have a rather simple question: has something - of which I am currently
unaware - fixed the GUI error with respect to the IMF v2 "configuration".

Here is why I am asking this question.  First of all, I have seen a lot of
documentation and read a lot of posts about the error in the GUI.  The part
where you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (or whatever) and the text reads
something to the effect of "Block messages with a SCL Rating greater than or
equal to:"  and you supply the number.  Same for the Junk E-mail folder.

I always thought that if you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (as above) then the
only messages that would end up in the UceArchive Folder (assuming that you
set the Gateway action to be "Archive" and enabled the ability to see the
SCL Rating) would be messages with an SCL Rating of 8 or 9.  Same for the
Junk E-mail: set it to 5 and only messages with an SCL Rating of 6 or 7
(since the 8s and 9s end up in the UceFolder) would end up in the user's
Junk E-Mail folder (assuming that there were not other factors involved).

However, I have been looking through the UceFolders in several environments
(I guess that I have nothing better to do?....nah, just looking to resolve
issues before they become issues for the clients) and am seeing a lot of
messages with SCL Ratings of 7.  A lot!!!! And, again, this is in all of our
managed environments.

All of the Exchange Servers are Exchange Server 2003 SP2, fully patched.
The IMF Updates are up-to-date as well.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Cary

0
cshultz1 (25)

The GUI error is only for the Junk threshold not gateway threshold

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software

"Cary W. Shultz" <cshultz@nospam.outsourceitcorp.com> wrote in message
> Good morning everyone!
>
> I have a rather simple question: has something - of which I am currently
> unaware - fixed the GUI error with respect to the IMF v2 "configuration".
>
> Here is why I am asking this question.  First of all, I have seen a lot of
> documentation and read a lot of posts about the error in the GUI.  The
> part where you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (or whatever) and the text
> reads something to the effect of "Block messages with a SCL Rating greater
> than or equal to:"  and you supply the number.  Same for the Junk E-mail
> folder.
>
> I always thought that if you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (as above) then
> the only messages that would end up in the UceArchive Folder (assuming
> that you set the Gateway action to be "Archive" and enabled the ability to
> see the SCL Rating) would be messages with an SCL Rating of 8 or 9.  Same
> for the Junk E-mail: set it to 5 and only messages with an SCL Rating of 6
> or 7 (since the 8s and 9s end up in the UceFolder) would end up in the
> user's Junk E-Mail folder (assuming that there were not other factors
> involved).
>
> However, I have been looking through the UceFolders in several
> environments (I guess that I have nothing better to do?....nah, just
> looking to resolve issues before they become issues for the clients) and
> am seeing a lot of messages with SCL Ratings of 7.  A lot!!!! And, again,
> this is in all of our managed environments.
>
> All of the Exchange Servers are Exchange Server 2003 SP2, fully patched.
> The IMF Updates are up-to-date as well.
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cary

0
Alexander
4/20/2007 1:47:43 PM
Alexander,

Okay.  I looked at the documentation and you are correct.  Dang it!  I
looked like an idiot again by having only half the story...

Thanks!

Cary

"Alexander Zammit [MVP]" <alex@respond_to_group> wrote in message
> The GUI error is only for the Junk threshold not gateway threshold
>
> --
> Alexander Zammit
> WinDeveloper Software
> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
> http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>

> "Cary W. Shultz" <cshultz@nospam.outsourceitcorp.com> wrote in message
>> Good morning everyone!
>>
>> I have a rather simple question: has something - of which I am currently
>> unaware - fixed the GUI error with respect to the IMF v2 "configuration".
>>
>> Here is why I am asking this question.  First of all, I have seen a lot
>> of documentation and read a lot of posts about the error in the GUI.  The
>> part where you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (or whatever) and the text
>> reads something to the effect of "Block messages with a SCL Rating
>> greater than or equal to:"  and you supply the number.  Same for the Junk
>> E-mail folder.
>>
>> I always thought that if you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (as above) then
>> the only messages that would end up in the UceArchive Folder (assuming
>> that you set the Gateway action to be "Archive" and enabled the ability
>> to see the SCL Rating) would be messages with an SCL Rating of 8 or 9.
>> Same for the Junk E-mail: set it to 5 and only messages with an SCL
>> Rating of 6 or 7 (since the 8s and 9s end up in the UceFolder) would end
>> up in the user's Junk E-Mail folder (assuming that there were not other
>> factors involved).
>>
>> However, I have been looking through the UceFolders in several
>> environments (I guess that I have nothing better to do?....nah, just
>> looking to resolve issues before they become issues for the clients) and
>> am seeing a lot of messages with SCL Ratings of 7.  A lot!!!! And, again,
>> this is in all of our managed environments.
>>
>> All of the Exchange Servers are Exchange Server 2003 SP2, fully patched.
>> The IMF Updates are up-to-date as well.
>>
>> Any ideas on this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Cary