IMF settings after SP2

I uninstalled IMF because SP2 has the new version. Now after I am applying
SP2 I don't find the IMF settings! I see the settings under the Global
Settings, but it is not working. Please help!

Michael

0
SomeOne73 (4)

It's in smtp virtual server properties now.
http://www.exchangepediacom/blog/2005/10/exchange-server-2003-sp2-and-imf.html
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Michael Ho" <someone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I uninstalled IMF because SP2 has the new version. Now after I am applying
> SP2 I don't find the IMF settings! I see the settings under the Global
> Settings, but it is not working. Please help!
>
> Michael

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

IMF moving mail to Junk Folder
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Clients are running Outlook 2003 SP1 and SP2. We have just installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our SMTP gateway server. All things looked to be going great until I noticed that the Junk Mail Folder starting filling up. When I checked the folder to see what was in there I noticed there were a lot of messages from people that I expect to recieve mail from. Upon further reading I noticed that IMF and Outlook go through a set procedure for filtering Mail, using safe snder lists etc. My Junk E-Mail filter is not setup withing outlook so my saf...

How do I set up a metatag for google site recognition?
Google is requesting that I include a meta tag in my code. I can't figure out how to get to the actual code to do this. Publisher webs are not designed to directly edit the source code. If I understand what you are asking and if memory serves Google offers the alternative of uploading a text file to your root directory instead of the meta tag. If you have a follow up question or other questions about Publisher webs, then in the future please post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http...

How to set the column title in a listbox from Excel
any help here? You can do it two ways. 1.) Include a header in your RowSource Range. 2.) You can put Lablels just above your ListBox to label your ListBox columns. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. -- Cheers, Ryan "V Hoang" wrote: > any help here? If ColumnHeads is set to true in the properties window, then the header row should not be included in the RowSource or ListFill range. VBA will automatically include the row above the ListFill range as a header if the ColumnHeads property is set to true. "Ryan H&q...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

How to set Excel to open a new window for each application
When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my original spreadsheet. How to I get it back to previous settings? Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in Taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052E3C3A-8A1A-4EB4-BE2D-B6E09D4D247F@microsoft.com... > When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This > used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my ori...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

Setting browser to respond to hyperlinks in e-mails?
Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in Win XP? My problem is that when I click on a hyperlink both Firefox and IE(ver:7) open that link. TIA "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:e9v0c396q9k64smer9fptjj4omtmm2m31t@4ax.com... > Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is > clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in > Win XP? > > My problem is that when I click on a hy...

Icon sets - conditional formatting
How do I get Excel 2003 to do this? I want to be able to add increase and decrease arrow icons to a column of numbers . Thx Upgrade to Excel 2007 or see these products; http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/mini-charts-excel.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/spark-maker.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37AE35EE-B3C4-46B2-98F2-8A0B9627E12D@microsoft.com... > How do I get Excel 2003 to do this? > > I want to be able to add increase and decrease arrow icons to a colum...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

I'm trying to set up my mail for windows vista, please help set this up for me!
blueljeans@verizon.net is my email before trying to set up my mail through windows, can you help me? Barbara Gibson NEVER post or use your real email address in a public newsgroup or forum! Contact your ISP or email provider to obtain the settings you'll need to access your name@verizon.net account via POP3 [1], then start here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish ============= [1] Perhaps http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/yahoomail/pop/pop-08.html ? Barbara Gibson wrote: > [MUNGED]@v...

design sets #2
Under "Design Sets" in "Master Sets" I have set up several things with the "Quadrant" design. It now comes up automatically with the headline I used. How do I change the default headline? ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 event 7518 Sender ID must be configured
Exchange 2003 SP2, IMF and Sender ID configured. NOTE: I have read the blurb from Microsoft about the 7518 showing up in the event log if no SMTP server is configured for the SMTP virtual server (default SMTP virtual server). The server I am working on is the only SMTP server (i.e. no separate Gateway), and its configured on the IP address for filter enabled, apply sender ID - so thats not it directly. I have configured "ALL UNASSIGNED" and the local Nat'd internal address for sender id, but the event keeps popping up in the event log. Has any one else seen this? The sender i...

Access 2000:Print settings keep changing
I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings. But, I always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up. These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed. I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be causing this? This is a small office and I really don't think this is a malicious event. On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, ctuck61 wrote: > I have created reports and saved the margins and column setti...

In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?
In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date? In some tables I have it in dd/mm/yy, but in the others mm/dd/yy How do I change mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy? On my w2k Pro, Control Paned date format is set to dd/mm/yy yout it does not seem to affect Excel Hi If you select the cells with the dates in mm/dd/yy and go Format>Cells and in the dialog that opens, go for the Number tab, you can select the Date formats and choose whichever one suits or select Custom and type dd/mm/yy into the Type box. This will change the formatting of your dates. Hope this helps! Richard On 28 Jan, 16:34, &q...

Outlook 97 & XP SP2
Until I loaded SP2, O 97 worked just fine. Now, it continually repulls the same email from the server over and over, and then hangs. XP firewall is turned off. I can't find much help on the Microsoft web site, at least after 4 hours of looking. Any ideas? Well first note that Outlook 97 and Windows XP SP2 have been developed a lot of years after eachother so I would almost say; To be expected. Office 97 also isn't supported anymore let alone being taken into consideration during the Service Pack 2 development. Anyway; I guess you've configured Outlook to leave a copy on th...

Outlook Security Settings
When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form I receive the error "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine" I click OK and the add button is disabled/doesn't work. I am simply trying to get into the Trusted Code tab so I can add one dll. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:54:03 -0800, Th3man <Th3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form >I receive the error "Could not load some ob...

Local settings
In my app I need to display and enter values in a (derived CEdit) using ',' or '.' depending on localsettings. Regardless of the setting of 'Control Panel | Regional Options | Numbers | Decimal Symbol' it will use the '.' How can I make sure both possibilities will be handled correctly. If oneone has an example it would help a lot I think Here is a function I wrote to insert comma separaters... This might help. The function takes a "value" and creates a string formatted with commas. In this case I don't use decimals, but this could easily be ...

Print quality setting greyed out
When converting a spreadsheet to PDF (with Acrobat 6) I have an issue with the print quality setting in the print format dialog (File/Print format/Page/Print Quality). I know that if I don't set print quality to 600 dpi or similar, there will be blank areas in the exported file (done it before). Now this has happened again and I can't access the Print Quality setting, it's greyed out. Why, and how can I make the right setting? Regards, -- Lars Forslin http://www.connect.to/forslin "Doing time on Earth" ************************** Does the printer itself have buttons...

IMF filter #2
Some mail received from our *internal* servers sent through CDO (active server pages on our internal webserver 10.10.4.1) is considered junk-mail by the IMF (logon-info etc...). So, I added 10.0.0.0 (255.0.0.0) in the global accept list (Global Settings - Message Delivery). But at no avail ? Messages keep beeing moved to my junk-e-mail folder. Is the setting in the global accept list above wrong ? Do I have to restart the services to activate the global accept list ? Thanks for any help Rudy Steyaert IMF still set to default values i.e. no action block SCL 8 - move SCL 8 We were pla...

Supporting double-byte characters in Exchange 2003 SP2
How do I confirm that our new Exchange 2003 SP2 server will support all double-byte character languages (i.e. Japanese, Chinese, etc.)? We are going to be doing a lot of communicating with East Asian companies and I want to be sure that our Exchange 2003 SP2 Server won't "break" emails that arrive using non-Western character sets in them. Thanks. ...

IMF Console missing??
Hello i just have one question , simple i hope! I use my pc (windows xp pro SP2) with a custom console to administer my domain , exchange , dns , etc... Everything is working fine. Last month i installed on my exchange , the IMF from microsoft. When i am logging on to my exchange machine localy or through RDC i can see in exchange system manager below SMTP ,the IMF icon and i am able to change setting install filters and so on... When i open my console from my pc and use exchange system manager console (i have installed exchange management tools and sp1) i cannot see IMF icon below SMTP Vitu...

transfering settings
I'm switching computers and going from Office XP to Office 2003. In my old computer I have a number of emails that were placed in a folder. I had assumed that transfering the pst file would have transfered the saved emails. This is not correct. What file holds the saved emails and my address book? Please send response to me at the listed email address. Thanks, Michael It would if done correctly. How did you "transfer" it? Just open it in Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Michael Folkman" <mfolkman@folkmanappraisals.com> wrote in message news...

Error when accessing System Settings
When System Setting is selected under Organization Settings we receive the errror: "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server" I am not seeing this error in other areas of the system. ...

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...