IMF Not Updating HELP!

I'm having a problem and I hope someone can help.

I configured IMF a couple of days ago. (Definitions are from 2005)
It seems to be working great. I have the gateway set at 6 and the store at 4.

So far getting very good results. But I can not update the definition files.
I added the regisry key ContentFilterState and set to 1
I restarted SMTP service
I triple check these settings, I've read all the documentation I can find on
IMF.
I've also checked to be sure I'm using Microsoft update and not WU.

I go to Microsoft Update and press custom. I don't see the update listed.
I've also tried it through WSUS. I see all my other updates but not IMF.

Please Any help greatly appreciated
0
Nick4562 (282)

I'm also not seeing the latest updates in Microsoft Update or WSUS.
The last one present in WSUS is dated 21/10/06 and shows as expired!
Can anyone confirm whether or not the early November 2006 IMF updates
have been posted on MU or WSUS yet??

BC.

Nick wrote:
> I'm having a problem and I hope someone can help.
>
> I configured IMF a couple of days ago. (Definitions are from 2005)
> It seems to be working great. I have the gateway set at 6 and the store at 4.
>
> So far getting very good results. But I can not update the definition files.
> I added the regisry key ContentFilterState and set to 1
> I restarted SMTP service
> I triple check these settings, I've read all the documentation I can find on
> IMF.
> I've also checked to be sure I'm using Microsoft update and not WU.
>
> I go to Microsoft Update and press custom. I don't see the update listed.
> I've also tried it through WSUS. I see all my other updates but not IMF.
>
> Please Any help greatly appreciated

0
bcharlton (6)
11/9/2006 4:00:29 PM
I am seeing the same problem, I have setup IMF on 3 different exchange
servers with these settings in the past 2 weeks and have not been
getting the updates.  Any information that I search for on this will
state how to get the updates working but no what happens if they don't
pull them from windows update.

Anyone have any information on this please post.

0
ckeithley (1)

help with problem formula
this formula worked up to yesterday. i had a power surg and now it onl give me one color. Private Sub LCase(Target.Val Target As Range) Dim myColor As Long If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect ( Target, Me.Range("d:d")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Select Case LCase(Target.Value) Case Is = "a" : myColor = 33 Case Is = "b" : myColor = 38 Case Is = "c" : myColor = 20 Case Is = "e" : myColor = 35 Case Is = "f" : myColor = 40 Case Is = "g" : myColor = 8 Case Else myColor =x1None End selection Target.Interior.Col...

Please help #7
I have 2 front-end servers (OWA 2003 servers) and 3 backend servers (Exchange 2003 clustering). -- users have no problem login to Outlook 2003 to access email. -- users using OWA 2003, after keyin the user id & password on the pop-up credential windows. It shows an error page below, this happened even using internal LAN workstations. Thus, nothing to do with firewall. -- the last thing i did was upgraded all Windows 2003 servers to SP1 and all Exchange 2003 to SP1. Pls HELP..... The page cannot be displayed........... ........................................ HTTP 500 - Internal serv...

Help me in Iraq with Outlook on a USB pen-drive
Hello all, I'm in Iraq dealing with a lot of information sent via e- mail, and I have to remain mobile. I have a 1.5 gb USB mini-hard drive and I was hoping to configure Outlook 2002 (as I have my Office 2002 CD that I brought with me) on it and hot swap it from computer to computer as needed accessing my POP account. The problem is that I can't seem to get Outlook installed entirely on the USB Drive... it always seems to install a part onto the C: drive rendering it useless on another computer (and not very stable on this computer which has the full office xp suite on it....

Query Help : accounts which are not members of existing marketing list
Hey all, I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts as members . Now i am interested to make a new marketing list with new members , which are not member of any of existing marketing list. Is there any way to see which accounts are not member of existing marketing list ? Thanks Aami Sure AAmi, Not within CRM but you can run this in the SQL Query Analyzer to find them: select * from accountbase A left join ListMemberBase L on A.accountid = L.entityID where L.entityID is null HTH, Dave Aami wrote: > Hey all, > > I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts...

help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?
I have --------=3D+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want to replace B7:B19 with =93Myrange=94 but I can=92t seem to get the syntax right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC Hi =AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3})) have you created Myrange? have you spelt it correctly? -- Regards Roger Govier "BRC" <brc1051-googrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0e09817-22dc-4c36-b60d-67a397067441@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want > to replace B7:B19 with �Myra...

HELP! I can't go to my desktop, much less get online
I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer. James Moore Larry wrote: > I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing > the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it ...

Help with vlookup #3
using 2003. I am looking up a number (stored as a string) on another worksheet and returning another series of numbers (also stored as a string) - ie lookup return 411140 263791-411140E Problem - Excel formats the returned data as: 2.63791E+11. It apparently sees it as a mathmatical subtraction of an exponential number even tho it is a text. It doesn't seem to matter how I format the cell. When I format it as text, the formula does not work. (requires General to execute formula). Executing a "text to columns" does the same thing. I need the returned data to show - 263...

Last Updated Filed
What event triggers the update of the field LastUpdated in the Items table? Marc This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C7F013.BD3F8510 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0281_01C7F013.BD3F8510" ------=_NextPart_001_0281_01C7F013.BD3F8510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Marc, Depends on what version you have as its been fixed and broken many times = over the last year!=20 Look it up on CustomerSource hotfix list. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Poin...

need help working in publisher 07
when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the page, even tho both are in inches. Do you mean your page is landscape instead of portrait? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rebecca" <rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569716A-8BBE-4FBF-89B6-5DD7E519E1D3@microsoft.com... > when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are > bigger across the top of ...

Take a look at the correction update
--ihqexvwvlznjwudix Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xuzikszmnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --xuzikszmnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvrjpsddwlnwfr" --uvrjpsddwlnwfr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the sec...

Need help with IF function
I need help writing an IF expression: IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(A1="","",Statement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =if(Cell Number="","",Statement) rmo5354 wrote: > *I need help writing an IF expression: > IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) > > thanx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To indicate a cell is empty, simply use quotes with nothing in between t...

cannot see updated DLs in Outlook
With my usual Exchange admins both on vacay, I've been charged with creating/updating distribution lists. We're in a Windows2003 and Exchange2003 environment. I've changed permissions on the DL. Updated them to Global/Distribution in AD and synched the DCs using AD Sites and Services (for grins). Still nothing in the address book on the client side. I'm going to peruse the event logs on the Exchange box next, but meanwhile if any of you have an idea of what's going on.... Thanks, JM You can try the following steps (very basic): 1. Go to ADUC, properties of any one DG...

Updating Financial Institutions for Money 2004
I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed for Money 2006 after viewing the list of financial institutions supported by 2006 online. Anyone know how to update financial institutions for Money 2004 or do you know why it's not there? In microsoft.public.money, "C Jensen" <C Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not >listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed f...

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Help with Calculation #2
Hi, I have the following XLS with 3 sheets: Credits, Inventory & Debits. Credits sheet (Stock sold) columns: 'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field) & 'Quantity' Inventory fields: 'Product' (Text field), 'Company', 'Supplier', 'Product Code', 'Quantity', 'Cost Price' & 'Retail Price'. Debits Sheet (Stock bought) columns: 'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field), 'Quantity' & 'Total cost'. New stock entered as 'Product Code', 'Product', 'Quantity&#...

Integration Manager
I have a customer integration which runs fine the first time. If I re-run it it fails with the following message: Beginning integration... DOC 1 ERROR: Internet Information for Address 'PRIMARY' already exists; cannot insert. Integration Failed The destination edit mode is set to Insert and Update. You want to take out the your address information for the integration manager on the next reruns. There are certain fields that will work with integration manager only once. After the first run, the field is then a Key field on another table, in this case the "Address ID" fi...

help with If functoin
Hello!. I am a teacher and I have column formed of Roll nos from 1 to 250 of my students. I mark their presence in B column by marking p . I want to asertain in column C if the a particular cell B2 contains p or not. How do I proceed with If funcion? because when I use the following formula =if B1='p',1,0. then error is turned up saying #name? Please help. Also How do I calculate individual student's total presence ? Thank. -- hirendra7158 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hirendra7158's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

Need Formula Help....
Hi: Is there a formula string for something like this.....?: I want a number in a cell when a specific word is typed in another cell, for example, if I wanted the number 50 to appear in C2 if I type the word, say, Airplane, in cell C1? Thanks, pinger You need to define what you want when cell C1 does not contain the word airplane. Enter this formula in C2: =IF(C1="airplane",50,"") If C1 does not contain airplane the formula will leave the cell blank. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "pinger" <pinger@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news:47cf6287$0...

help to compare two list
I have a file with all the open orders for production and I have another file with orders which is already sent to production. I want to find out from the first list, which orders are not send for production. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <itty.vneun@excelforum-nospam.com>, itty <itty.vneun@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > I have a file with all the open or...

interest/inflation formula help
Could someone please do this formula for me. �300,000 to work out its worth each year (including interest) Then deduct cost of living % (inflation) each year. So �300,000 (at 6% interest) = �318000 deduct (inflation at say 3%)= �308460 (this would be its net worth say after one year I would use rows A1 to J10 for the actual amounts and would use 2 cells in row 2 for the interest rate and for the inflation figure, this way I could change the rates without altering the formula. I hope this makes sense. thanks There are a heap of financial functions built into excel. Look up PV ...

Some macro help
Lets say I have selected the arbitray range of j31:ax44. I want to run some macro code that will hide every column in that selection where the entire selected column range has nothing in it (blank). Data validation may be assigned to the cells, but if nothing has been selected from the drop down list, then those cells are technically blank. There may be data entered elsewhere in the column, but it is outside of the selected range and thus shouldn't be considered for being hidden or not. Can anyone help me with some code to perform this action? TIA, AlanN How about: Option Explicit Sub...

Help! Exchange 5.5 logon failure
Hi all, We recently upgraded our NT domain to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory (Native Mode). While in the process of upgrading our Exchange 5.5 / SP4 server (running on NT4/SP6) to Exchange Server 2003 (Enterprise Edition, running on Windows Server 2003), we noticed that our users can no longer logon to the server using either: - Outlook Web Access - Microsoft Outlook clients (XP or 2003) Please note that if we supply the credentials of the Exchange 5.5 Service account during authentication (on the pop-up dialog box), the logon process succeeds! In addition, POP3/SMTP clients (e.g. Outlo...

Problems and Problems. Eperts please help
We are running GPS version 9.5 . I think its not supported by support any more so I amnot sure anyone can help me with this. We were running this of a Novell File server. It had Novell 5.0, GPS directory and Pervasive sql 2000i our server crashed. I build a new server and installed novell/ Perasvive sql 2000 and all the clients on the clients machine. Copied the GPS directory and made sure the clients path were pointing correctly to the GPS path. Now every client gets an error. Run betrieve first Nothing has changed the configration is the same and I have installed the betrieve clien...

no updates since 2008
I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why this is happening? dms21032 wrote: > I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express > otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the > history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why > this is happening? No clues as to what OS and what service pack it might be? Even what architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) the OS is... So - n...