IMF filtering messages for users that dont exist

I've activated IMF for my Exchange 2003 server.

IMF is blocking about 5000 messages each day. When i check the e-mails many
of these are destined for users that don't even exist in our server. I've
activated the setting Filter recipients who are not in the directory but
still the messages get to the IMF archive. Anyone have any ideas? Any
recommendations?

0
djxtc (16)

Have you enabled Recipient Filtering on SMTP virtual server properties?
Restarted SMTPsvc after you did that?

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"lars" <djxtc@spray.se> wrote in message
> I've activated IMF for my Exchange 2003 server.
>
> IMF is blocking about 5000 messages each day. When i check the e-mails
> many of these are destined for users that don't even exist in our server.
> I've activated the setting Filter recipients who are not in the directory
> but still the messages get to the IMF archive. Anyone have any ideas? Any
> recommendations?

0
bharat3597 (1006)

advanced filter #6
here is the file: http://www.mytempdir.com/935740 First sorry for my english.... I have this code to insert letter "E" in column N of a sheet GAF only if the dates in column B of sheet GAF are into range DATAIN/DATAFIN use for test DATAIN=01/11/2005 DATAFIN =30/11/2005) Now, i want to use the same code to insert "E" in column N if the range of dates is naturally into range DATAIN/DATAFIN but if the value into column H is the same present into column B of sheet CORPORATE. So, insert in column "N" of sheet GAF the letter "E" in cells N2, N49, N50, N51...

users with restricted access

Office 2007 forms

SBS 2003 moving of users files

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

WLM Beta Junk Mail Filter
The junk mail filters has stopped filtering mail. The address shows in the list of blocked addresses but the mail is not filtered. The filter worked fine in WLM but I don't think it has worked since I loaded the Beta. Where exactly are you looking when you say the address is the same as the one in your Blocked Senders? The From line may not show the true entry, look at the entry in the From field you see after pressing Ctrl+F3 on that message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "DickW2" wrote in message news:O7$LTHNMLHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... T...

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

Previous/Next in Outlook 2003 email message crash
I have Outlook 2003, when I opened an email then after reading it, I clicked Previous or Next Item within my message, it crashed Outlook. Does anyone have or seen this problem before, any fixes or solution? Thanks in advance. Tlam ...

EMAIL FILTERS
For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from external sources are going directly to my deleted files yet anything sent through my company network goes to my inbox as designed. I have looked into my rules and find nothing there to direct these emails to be deleted. Any suggestions where else to look? Disable all your rules. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit. It has to be a rule. CASEY wrote: > For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from > external sources are going directly to my deleted files > yet anything sent through my company network goes to my...

Message Cleanup
Does anyone have an idea why I get this every week? (all zeros) I have about 30 active mailboxes...? It should clean them up (I think) which would be greater than zero! The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-02-11 00:05:07 Completed at: 2007-02-11 00:05:07 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB DO you have a mailbox cleanup policy in place? IF so, what folders are you cleaning at what time frame? "Len A" <nomail@nospa...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

Duplicate messages coming into inbox
We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009 through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab....

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

Result in message box
HI, this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me a form contains button which runs a query like select count(field1) from table t1 ... then normally we will get a spread sheet window containing result in a single cell, let say answer is 85. now when command button is clicked then a message box should appear displaying the result 85.. please give coding also if required..... thanks naveen prasad wrote: > HI, > this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me > What was wrong with the reply you've already received? Please reply in your origina...

Tricky ComboBox / Filter query
Here's one On Sheet1, from A1:A2931 I have dates, every day from 01.01.02 to 31.12.2009 (A1="01/01/2002", A2="02/01/2002", etc). On a Userform I have 2 ComboBoxes: 1 for month, one for year. Is it possible to use these to filter Sheet1 and leave only those dates chosen in the dropdowns (eg, December 2004 only)? TIA Alan ...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...