IMC rerouting #2

Hello,
In our exchange site we just configured a second server as
IMC ( fall-back).
What do we have to do to be sure that when the first one "
crashes" the new one ( fall-back) becomes the dafault one
autonmatically.
While when this happen during the night, nobody is there
to reconfigure anyrthing.
Thanks for any help
Mitsi
0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange 5.5 Restore problem #2
We are trying to restore an Exchange 5.5 server and keep getting the same information store error 3355443752. The only tech notes on this say don't run isinteg -patch (Article 231299) but we have not. We have tried multiple restores and 3 different tapes and still get the same error. We have done many older restores and some recent ones as well with no problems. so you did not run isinteg -patch before trying to start the IS? when it starting the IS fails, are you getting the error telling you to run sinteg -patch? is this an online backup you're restoring, or offline? -- Su...

random number #2
how can i create a normally distributed random number and a random number that has a beta distribution i need these both to be integer outputs thanks for the help Use NORMDIST and BETADIST -- Gary's Student "agw8@kent.ac.uk" wrote: > how can i create a normally distributed random number > and a random number that has a beta distribution > i need these both to be integer outputs > thanks for the help I think you meand NORMINV and BETAINV. See my reply under the OP's repeat of this question. It is generally better to reply to your original thread with fol...

Comparing 2 years of data on a monthly basis
I have 2 years of income data that I want to show on a per month basis. The income is made up of 5 different components. On a stacked chart, I want to show the total income as made up by these 5 components. Is this possible to do? Thanks in advance for your help. You might find this approach helpful: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Roy wrote: > I have 2 years of income data that I want to show on a per month basis. ...

Unwanted Formula Display #2
I'm using Excel XP, preparing cost estimates. In my summary page, cell references display the name and total of each category, from the associated category page in the document. When I insert a new line for a new category, and "point and shoot" to assign the formula, e.g., ="A425", it displays the formula rather than the cell reference value, e.g., "Carpentry". I've tried formatting the cell as Text and General, copying another cell reference that is displaying correctly, and then editing the formula, and painting the new cell from one that is wor...

OT Why Does Daylight Saving Time Begin at 2 a.m.?
FYI http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100313/sc_livescience/whydoesdaylightsavingtimebeginat2am> -=- Horse hockey! See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z48Mg0dl4Gw Ǝиçεl wrote: > FYI > > http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100313/sc_livescience/whydoesdaylightsavingtimebeginat2am> > -=- On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:34:20 -0500, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote: > Horse hockey! Horse hockey? Is that like curling but with horses? --=20 Bob http://www.kanyak.com Opinicus wrote: > On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:34...

Why aren't my posts shown in the group? #2
I posted a reply to a guy named Peter about his tooltip problem in an MDI application and the system said "Post successful", but I never saw my message on the board. Can anyone explain that to me? Even after waiting for 15 minutes and checking again? "sschipper@islinc.com" wrote: > I posted a reply to a guy named Peter about his tooltip problem in an > MDI application and the system said "Post successful", but I never saw > my message on the board. Can anyone explain that to me? > > ...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes #2
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

CRM 1.2 Workflow Manager security problem
When trying to launch Workflow Manager, I get the following error: You do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM priveleges to use the Workflow Manager. For moreinformation, contact your system administrator. I'm logged in as administrator and it does this. It does not prompt me for user name/password. Any idea how I can get around this without starting over? Thanks. Does your administrator user have a CRM license assigned to it? Is that license a Professional level license? Workflow is only available with a Pro level license and the user running WM must be assigned a Pro license ...

Still Can't Update..11.2.5
O.K... Here we go again. I just saw the 11.2.5 is out so I tried it. I get the same old error - "Can't find correct versions to update" or something to that effect... I'm running 10.3.9 on a PowerPC G4 PowerBook. 1.33... 768 ram... Office was updated to 11.2.1 and haven't been able to install one since.. Have tried uninstalling / reinstalling... Creating a new user... Any ideas??? Thanks!! Peter Peter Tambroni wrote: > O.K... Here we go again. I just saw the 11.2.5 is out so I tried it. > I get the same old error - "Can't find correct versions to upd...

Calculating times #2
I have two columns. One which calculates the length of time a job will take to run on a machine, and the other in which we put the time the job will come off the machine. At present we enter the time off manually. Is it possible to calculate the time off automatically (to the nearest 1/4 of an hour) if we put in a start time ? Thanks Assuming that the start time is in A2, job time in B2, and they are both formatted as time, just use =ROUND((A2+B2)*96,0)/96 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gibbylinks" <gibbylinks@discussions.microsof...

adding values from 2 columns
I am trying to compose a personal cash flow chart where I can enter outgoings and income for every day of the month and see what the balance is on any day. I need to get a value in Col F which adds the value in Col C (daily income), subtracts the value in Col E (daily outgoings) and shows the balance. Also I may have to specify several rows if I have multiple outgoings on a particular day. Any ideas gratefully received. Gaby Sounds like you want a checkbook register. Something like this? A B C D E Start Bal $1,023.32 Date Item Expense Deposit Balance $10.12 $1,013.20 $23.3...

Exchane 5.5 IMC Naming
I need to change the FQDN display name on a 5.5 Exchange IMC. Currently the server displays netbiosname.localdomain, where it should read the FQDN of the server. I've searched the registry and misc. config files in the Exchange directory to no avail. In Exchange 2K + you can set this in the server SMTP config. However there is no place to set this in 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. We ran into a similar issue. We found our options to be either configure our reverse lookup records to our internal namespace or change the domain suffix of the smtp machine. We ended up changing ...

[ANN] Xinclude.NET 1.2 released
Hello! I'm glad to announce XInclude.NET 1.2 release. What is XInclude.NET ==================== XInclude.NET is free open-source implementation of XInclude 1.0 Working Draft of 10 November 2003 [1] and XPointer Framework Recommendation [2] written in C# for .NET platform. XInclude.NET supports XPointer element(), xmlns(), xpath1() and xpointer() (XPath subset only) schemes. XInclude.NET has been tested using The XInclude Test Suite under Microsoft .NET 1.0 and 1.1 on Windows 2000. Changes since 1.0 release: - Updated to new XInclude syntax and namespace according to new XInclude 1...

The connection was dropped by the remote host #2
All day I've been getting email stuck in the outbound queue with the below message recorded. Message delivery to the host '66.218.86.197' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'yahoo.com' for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host. I've been able to send email to some domains but not all..... I've restarted the exchange 2003 server, flushed DNS Registered DNS Restarted DNS on DCs Reset our firewall... NSLOOKUP is good Pings by name resolve I can telnet to my mail server I can telnet to other mail servers. Can someo...

Saving data #2
Hi all, I need to save data (results) from a base spread sheet program that i use on a weekly basis. i am in the middle of building this program, and have just discovered macros, but this, along with links is about my current knowledge of excel how can i automate to accumulate data from the base spread sheet (program) when i clear all data from the program to produce fresh results the following week, and to keep past data up to date and available for further use. Any help would be appreciated. legepe With a combination of formulas and dynamic named ranges, it is possible to just add the ...

personal.xls #2
When changing computers or updating operating systems from (98 to 2000 or from a laptop to a pc), how can I get my macros in excel that do my formating, etc. from the one computer to another >how can I get my macros in excel that do my formating, etc. from the one >computer to another Are you sure that you have the macro's in the personal.xls file or are you using a Add-in with your code? When you do alt-F11 and then Ctrl-R Do you see the personal.xls on the in the Project window -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Sharon Starlin...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

DomainPrep #2
Hello I have in error whwn I try to update sp2 The solution perform domainprep can i run domainprep on existing exchange 2003 installed Thank Yes, you can run DomainPrep as many times as you want even with servers installed. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Christian" <Christian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09D7BCB8-0097-4694-ADFF-AF378FA5A8BB@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I have in error whwn I try to update sp2 > The solution perform domainprep > can i run domainprep on existin...

Slow Login #2
I am having issues with a machine which does not host the Store Operations DB being slow to sign in. When the cashier signs in it thinks for about 10 seconds then lets you in to POS. They are on a 100mb network but suspect it is a comms issue backto thw SO. ...

How does one install 2 versions?
I am planning to upgrade from Money 2002. Since I have shifted country and have acquired a version which is localised I am afraid I will have to deal with problems of upgrading the software. Exporting to .qif doesnt work well. I would rather enter txns afresh. In order to do this I would like to have two versions of Money installed so that I can look up from one and enter txns selectively in the new version. How do I install 2 versions of Money? Install the second version in a different directory. All Money setup routines provide a way to do this--in some versions, mostly lately, the w...

GP Upgrade #2
We just upgraded to GP 10.0. We want the salesmen to be able to enter their own orders, but we don't want them to be able to change the unit price or the extended price on the order. Is there a setting I can use for this? Thanks Angie I might be wrong but I think thats a security issue. -- Craig "Angie" wrote: > We just upgraded to GP 10.0. We want the salesmen to be able to enter their > own orders, but we don't want them to be able to change the unit price or > the extended price on the order. Is there a setting I can use for this? > > Than...

Hosting mail #2
I'm still very new at SBS and Exchange03. Is there almost a tutorial at hosting your own mail locally, I don't like our current pop3 connector setup, it takes way too long and seems very unreliable.. Thanks brian lowry brian.lowry@(yougottahatespam)wcem.org Brian Lowry wrote: > I'm still very new at SBS and Exchange03. Is there almost a tutorial > at hosting your own mail locally, I don't like our current pop3 > connector setup, it takes way too long and seems very unreliable.. > > Thanks > > brian lowry > brian.lowry@(yougottahatespam)wcem.org Goo...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

CRM 1.2 Leads & Searching
Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not! Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable? Thanks Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2. v3.0 does give you the ability to pick which fields to search though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message news:wIudnXImHfGWr57ZRVnyiA@pipex.net... Hope someone can help - how do you se...

Dup check 2 columns
Using Excel 2007, I have a two column list with over 100,000 rows. Example: Jane Doe U Jane Doe John Doe John Doe U John Doe Jack Doe Jack Doe I want to run a dup check to make sure there is only one Jane, Jack or John Doe, but the copy I want to stay is the one with a U behind it if there is one (wouldn't matter which row is kept for Jack). From what I've done so far, the dup check simply keeps whichever record is in the top row. Seems like it should be an easy fix, but I'm lost. Please help. Hi, If the rows you want to keep ar...