IMC CONNECTION

what is the best way to change the imc connector from one
server to another?
Do i have to delete the original one and recreate a
second one or is it possible to to edit the server which
responsible for imc connector?
another question can i have more than one imc connector
per site.
0
anonymous (74722)

"AJ008US" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>what is the best way to change the imc connector from one
>server to another?
>Do i have to delete the original one and recreate a
>second one or is it possible to to edit the server which
>responsible for imc connector?

Just add the IMS to the other server. When you're happy that it's
working the way you want it to, remove the IMS on the original server.

>another question can i have more than one imc connector
>per site.

You can have one IMS per server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Dialup connection server 2003 VPN
I recently added a 2 domain controller the primary DC is runing server 03 rc1 the second is running rc2 the install went well but now my VPN dial up connection is not working any ideas what would cause the Dial up server to stop working -- Terry Sorry turned out to be a router problem -- Terry "terry" wrote: > I recently added a 2 domain controller the primary DC is runing server 03 rc1 > the second is running rc2 the install went well but now my VPN dial up > connection is not working any ideas what would cause the Dial up server to > stop...

MS Outlook Fails after AT&T Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA1388.B3E7E6C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Experts, I use AT&T Global client for connecting to VPN. But the Microsoft = Outlook is not working for the VPN. Please let me know if there is any = proxy settings to be configured after connecting through AT&T Global = Client. Thanks in advance, Sivaswami ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA1388.B3E7E6C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...

ODBC Connection #3
Dears, This is the case: - We have Windows server 2008 standard, SQL server 2005 SP2, GP 10.0 SP3. - We can create an ODBC on the server with no problems. - SQL server is running. - But when trying to create an ODBC on a client PC we have SQL 08001 -1 error, also when trying to change the account the SQL is running on from LOCAL SYSTEM to NETWORK SERVICE we have an error saying we can’t add a new member to group……. - We tested all above using Administrator user. Thanks. Is your SQL Server 2005 a 64-bit RDBMS? Also, your ODBC connection requires SQL Server authentication, not Windows Au...

RPC over HTTPS -- how long to connect?
how long should we be waiting to connect our Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 through RPC over HTTPS ? Sometimes it does it in 2 minutes, and sometimes it takes 5-6 minutes. Does anyone have any idea of a 'normal' time ? Thanks. On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:26:35 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >how long should we be waiting to connect our Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 >through RPC over HTTPS ? Sometimes it does it in 2 minutes, and sometimes >it takes 5-6 minutes. Does anyone have any idea of a 'normal' time ? > >Thanks. &...

Remote Exchange Server Connectivity
We currently have multiple Exchange 2003 servers in our data center and are in the process of deploying remote Exchange servers & DC's to remote offices that are connected back to the main data center via a site to site VPN tunnel. The problem with this setup is a limitation on our current VPN server does not allow the remote offices to talk to each other. If one office wanted to share data with another they would have to place the data at the data center and then both offices could access it that way. This does not bode well for the default install of Exchange as mailbox use...

2 Remote User Connections
I have 2 remote users who log into an entirely separate (Untrusted) domain on their winxp notebooks then the rest of my users. Currently they access CRM across the web (with login id's that obviously match the CRM domain). I would like to give them Sales for Outlook on their local machine. Is it possible to synch them through the web? They do not need email capabilities it would just be so they could Work offline on their accounts? Thanks for your time. Right but will the go offline button work if their notebook and therefore their outlook is logged into one domain and the C...

'Send Immediately When Connected' Is Greyed Out
The PC is running Outlook XP against an Exchange Server. All was well until yesterday. Now no email goes out unless the "Send/Receive" button is clicked. The "Send immediately when connected" checkbox is gray...neither selected nor unselected and cannot be clicked on. It is unresponsive. What might cause this behaviour? ...

problem connecting to online services
I am using Micorsoft 2003. I am able to download statements into money from my bank, but I cannot seem to get the set up online services to work through money. I have talked to my bank and they see no problem on their end. Here's what happens: I go to set up the onoine services, I choose the correct bank (bank one), enter correct user name and pw and click next and I get the "Call Progress" screen with the movoing dots and thats it. It never resolves to the next page. I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus. I have installed all of the latest Money updates....

Connection Question
Hello, I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred ..... SQLExpress database file auto-creation error.... I'm not using express though. Thanks Mike coder316 wrote: > Hello, > I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine. > A network-related or instance-specific error occurred ..... > SQLExpress database file auto-creation error.... > > I'm not using express though. > Thanks > Mike Well what are you using? And was SQL Express on the machine before? On A...

How do controls get connected to variables in a CFormView?
Greetings! I am trying to modify a project that generates an ActiveX control. The control window is a CSplitterWnd with two panes, one on top of the other. The class representing the bottom pane is derived from CFormView. It has several controls, whose initial placement is determined by a resource. The controls are positioned in a routine called from the OnSize() event handler. That handler checks to see if m_hWnd of one of the control variables is pointing to a valid window yet, and if it is, it repositions all of the controls, happily referring to them by their variable names. The top ...

Can't Connect to HQ Manager
I recently updated from MSDE to SQL Express...All my stores are talking to the the HQ Database...I can open the Manager if I am sitting on the server...However I can no longer access the Manager from the store locations...Can anyone tell me what I need to change in order to restore this communication? Thanks Anthony, How were you connecting before? Remote Desktop, pcAnywhere, VPN, etc. By default, SQL has database sharing turned off for security reasons. Depending how you connect tells us what to do next. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Ex...

Client cannot connect to an Exchange Server
I have one client on my network that cannot connect to the exchange server. The client station is WinXP.SP1 and is authenticated to the domain. When Outlook XP is launched, the system prompts for the user id (the client is set to use password authentication). The user keys the password and the system responds that the logon information is incorrect, check the username, password or domain. This occurs on any user id entered, including the administrator. I have not found anything that can help me resolve this problem. The user can connect using OWA. In WinXP, you don't get the domain fiel...

Connecting to Bank Website
I use spysweeper and a few days ago I got the warning that MM was trying to change IE settings: block or not block. The first time I said block after which MM would not connect to the bank's website. I got the message again and did not allow the block and I still can't connect to the website while in the register. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook CRM Client indicates lost connection
Hello, we have a little problem with the Outlook CRM Client (Outlook 2007). We just installed Sharepoint additionally on the CRM server. This changed the web.config, so we had to restore this file. Afterwards we could use CRM as before. The only problem that remains is the little symbol in the task bar stating that there is no connection though CRM is reacting normally. We found that the client is constantly loading the accesscheck.bmp-File to check if there's a connection. In the protocol the requests are replied with a 401.5 error. Granting anonymous access didn't solve the pro...

Sent items not saved in folder when connecting *after* i have typed email
Hi people, Just a quick query, i cant find a more specific group for this one: When I have not got an internet connection, and I attempt to send email, it is saved in the Outbox. When I next connect, the mail is sent, but it isnt saved in my sent items folder (when I send a mail when connected, it *is* saved in the sent items folder) I cant find any specific options that would dictate this behaviour - is there something that I'm missing? Outlook details: 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Any help much appreciated! cheers, ...

Org Chart: How do I connect a child to multiple parents?
I'm trying to create a support diagram in Powerpoint 2007 using SmartArt. I started an org chart, but my help desk, technichal support and super-users all funnel their issues to the same department for second-level support. It seems that when I create a child box in the org chart, it can only be linked to a single parent... how do I link that child to three parents? In this case, SmartArt isn't smart enough to do what you want it to do. If it's not too complex, you can create a new org chart by drawing rectangles and connector lines. That would allow you to (manually...

Outlook 2003 timeouts connecting to Exchange over VPN and is SLOW
I've recently resetup my PC and decided to load Office/Outlook 2003 (I was using XP versions of everything). The big difference is that Outlook 2003 seems extremely slowwwwww in comparison. And, when I'm connected to my company's Exchange server via VPN, Outlook 2003 NEVER is able to connect right away. Every time I fire it up, it spins awhile, then eventually displays a dialog box complaining it can't connect to Exhange. If I click Retry, it eventually connects and works as per usual (albeit more slowly than the XP version). Any ideas? The annoyance and pathetic performa...

Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>
Exchange 5.5 environment with OWA. Recently we have received lot of calls relating to "Fails to connect to server <OWA-servername>" . Called Microsoft PSS and removed Outlook 2000 from the Exchange server to eliminate conflicting cdo.dll . Also re-applied SP4 and the following hotfixes 818709,836862,842436a. The frequency of "Fails to connect to server" seem to have decreased however still do happen. Help! Do you have another server you can point the OWA server at? regedt32 on the OWA server: \HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\Parameters\S...

Regarding Connectivity
Hi all, i have a store at remote location(village) & there is no connectivity,No phone lines nothing.How can i connect this store with HQ. Any suggestion? -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Software Engineer Business Solutions 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0151_01C6A1BF.606009D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Junaid, How about cellular or satellite? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Exp...

Money 2007 Home & Business
Whenever I try to log into my Money file, I get the error that there isn't an internet connection. This was a clean install of Vista, and then Money 2007 was installed. So if there's no internet connection from within Money, then it's going to be a little hard to download SP2! I have no internet connection issues with any other programs. Run as Administrator is greyed out. I also tried WinXP SP2 compatibility mode. Nothing worked. Nevermind. I used the "search" function :-) "clarkcarty" wrote: > Whenever I try to log into my Money file, I get t...

Store connection strings/configuration settings in A/D
Hello. What are the pros/cons of storing connection strings and global app settings in A/D. We have a lot of applications (Windows, ASP.Net, Add-ins for Office Apps, etc) and each need to retrieve connections strings, global app settings, etc. I want a central location for this stuff and don't want to include it with every app, nor do I want to add it to each Machine.config file. I was thinking of using A/D for this. On app start up I would get the info and cache it. Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks in advance, Mike "milop&qu...

Echange 2003 Won't Accept Incoming Mail or Connections
Hello, I am running Exhcange 2003 on Windows 2003. I am a novice user of Exchange 2003 and am in a bind. I had my server hdd fail on me and low and behold the NTBACKUP file would not retore (what else is new). So I rebuilt the server and attached it to the domain so all of my old AD information is still there. I have succesfully installed Exchange 2003 on the newly built DC and I created all new mailboxes for my users and I can succesfully logon to Exchange through OWA. However when I send something to the email address that I created, the server will not recieve it. I have been ...

Building/Storing a passthrough:How to assign connection string and make passthrough
I know the connection string I wish to apply, and have the SQL ready query, I just don't know how to put it. This stores it as a basic query. What do I do to store it as a passthrough with Cnnect as as the connect string? ========================== Dim Q As QueryDef, DB As Database Dim Selectpiece As String Dim SQLSTRING As String Dim Cnnect as String Cnnect = "ODBC;DSN=pavinbase;" SQLSTRING = "SELECT accounting.post_table, accounting.post_date, accounting.post_process, accounting.post_id " SQLSTRING = SQLSTRING & "FROM ac...

IMC error- 450 Directory Unavailable.
Exchange server 5.5 on WinNT4 SP6 What does this error mean? There are a few emails in the IMS queue that are showing this error. Background: I don't know if this is a cause, but, I recently set the Exchange server to NOT relay due to the large number of SPAM we were relaying onto others. I setup the relaying options in the IMS, Routing tab, Routing Restrictions, "Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" and "Hosts and clients with these IP addressed" are clicked on. I have setup the IP address for the latter option for our Metaframe server, Concept server ...