IMAP service disappeard - "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress"

This morning when I got in the office I couldn't log on to my mailbox
any more. At first I thought the whole server went down but luckily it
was only the IMAP service (I'm the only one using it). When I go to the
system manager, to 'protocols' on the server and to 'IMAP4', the virtual
server has a small red cross to indicate that it's not running. So I
right-click, click 'start' and then I get a dialog saying "Overlapped
I/O operation is in progress". I looked into the services manager and my
IMAP service has disappeared from there! I've tried reinstalling
Exchange, reapplying service packs, everything I could think of, but
nothing works. The reinstallation doesn't even work, the message in the
setup log is

[15:19:58] CService::ScQueryServiceConfig
(y:\admin\src\libs\exsetup\service.cxx:536)
Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): The specified service does not exist as an
installed service.
[15:19:58] Service = 'IMAP4Svc' CServiceManager::ScGetServiceInfo
(y:\admin\src\udog\setupbase\tools\svcmgr.cxx:411)
Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): The specified service does not exist as an
installed service.
[15:19:58] Service = 'IMAP4Svc' CServiceManager::ScStartService
(y:\admin\src\udog\setupbase\tools\svcmgr.cxx:477)
Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): The specified service does not exist as an
installed service.

which is right, there isn't such a service any more; I want the
installer to put it back for me! What is really weird about it is that
it happened overnight, I didn't do anything. Is there a way to install
the IMAP service manually? Is there a way to find out more about the I/O
overlap error? (I think it's just because the IMAP service isn't
started, but maybe I'm wrong). Any other ideas I can try? Thanks.
0
roel1 (4)

AddPrinterConnection() returns error 997 (Overlapped I/O operation is in progress)
Hi, Has anyone ever experienced this error occuring when trying to call AddPrinterConnection() from VC6. This is a microsoft defined method call. I have been able to reproduce it on a windows200 professional machine will latest service packs downloading the printer drivers from a windows2003 server. It seems to work on other configurations as I have been unable to reproduce the problem occuring there. According to the documentation for Overlapped I/O it basically means that the operation has not completed yet but will complete later. If this is the case how do you check that the request has...

IMAP service disappeard
This morning when I got in the office I couldn't log on to my mailbox any more. At first I thought the whole server went down but luckily it was only the IMAP service (I'm the only one using it). When I go to the system manager, to 'protocols' on the server and to 'IMAP4', the virtual server has a small red cross to indicate that it's not running. So I right-click, click 'start' and then I get a dialog saying "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress". I looked into the services manager and my IMAP service has disappeared from there! I've...

POP3 and overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
Hi! Hope you can help me with this. I installed a exchange 2003 server and moved mailboxes from our old mailserver to this one. Now we want to use POP3 for a supportapplication, but er get this error overlapped I/O operation is in progress when I try to start the POP3 service from exchange system manager, I have found the IMAP service in the services-application but not the POP3 service. I have found what I think is the pop3-servicefiles in the exchange\bin folder. The server is a DC in the domain, the server does not have any of the FSMO-roles. Somebody please help me with this. // Patri...

POP3 Overlapped I/O operation is in progress
We have installed Exchange 2003, but can't seem to start the POP3 service. The message that pops up is, "POP3 Confiration" (in the dialog box title) and "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" (in the dialog box body). Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this error and how we might be able to get around it? (SMTP works fine, and access exchange via the web is also fine). =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBLZW5uZWR5?= <Dave Kennedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4885B48B-D3D7-4957-9BEE-DC5B0010B537@microsoft.com: > We have installed Exchange ...