IMAP downloads headers/mail haltingly

Windows 2000 SP4/Exchange 2003 SP2

Hello:

I posted earlier but nobody has any pointer yet. In my earlier post (below)
I mentioned that the other server was working fine, but after moving some
mailboxes back to the old server, the IMAP problem has started to occur
there too. Using Outlook in Corporate mode (LAN or VPN) works fine. OWA is
speedy. But when IMAP clients try to get their mail, it says authorizing,
connecting, and waits. Sometime it will bring in many headers from the
public folder (but happens on the mailboxes too), but mostly it will time
out.
Rebooting or restarting IMAP/IIS/Store/ will give the stalled headers
another push, but only for a few mails/headers and then it stalls. Does not
look like an authentication problem, and can telnet to the IMAP server. It
is working, yet not working. I wish it would not work at all, then it would
be easier to see what the problem was.

Any pointers?

Jo

Moved some new users mailboxes to a new server, with Public folder
replication between the two servers. Everything seems fine, and LAN users
have no problem and OWA is also fine.

However, users using IMAP are having a problem. Authorizing and connection
is slow, brings up some files and then may hang. At first I thought this was
a router problem, but this also happens when connecting using IMAP on the
server itself (Outlook Express). Clicking on a public folder will start
bring down headers and then stop. No problem with MAPI and OWA. Seems to be
just IMAP (we don't use POP).

Only thing I have done recently is add Intelligent Message Filter. Removing
it has no effect. Re-installing SP2 has no effect (though every time you
reboot, it works for the a few minutes). The other server does not have this
problem, and mailboxes there work flawlessly with IMAP.

Any thing to look for?

0
gsc (33)

Money 2002 downloading statments from bank
While downloading transactions from my bank (OFX) I have noticed that the amounts in the "Downloaded:" frame do not match my totals in my account. This used to work. I am not sure how to rectify this. The items in this frame does work Thanks ...

Can receive e-mails but cannot send any....
I have everything set up for my e-mails to get sent in from my AIM account but when i go to send an e-mail this is what i get Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.aim.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Please, Please, Please help me. I'm trying to respond to an ad on craiglist. That's not a send error, it is a receive error. 'Invalid command' in this case probably means you tried to use an option that the server does not support. ...

duplicate incoming mail
I am getting 2 copies of all my incoming emails I am getting the same, but not from all senders! "Katy Shearer" <katy.shearer@jacksondiocese.org> wrote in message news:94f801c48627$6255c050$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting 2 copies of all my incoming emails Disable your AV email scanner. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Katy Shea...

how to connect my computer to e mail to outlook
i have laptop installed microsoft outlook .how to connect to outlook server by internet,i have my accont in outlook from my company Outlook is not a server, You would have to ask your Company how to configure Outlook with their mail server "mahli" <mahli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86A0A3-8B27-458F-8413-6AB40B5C19F4@microsoft.com... > i have laptop installed microsoft outlook .how to connect to outlook > server > by internet,i have my accont in outlook from my company "mahli" <mahli@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Not Receiving IMAP

Multiple login popups
I have several users who are experiencing multiple login popups when they open Outlook 2003 and connect to our Courier IMAP server. When this happens, it's a crap shoot as to whether they can send or receive email, Outlook might hang, or fail to connect to the server ("error receiving null folder" or something to that effect.) Worth noting is that each of them has a 2nd Outlook profile which they use when they're out of the office (This pofile is setup to talk to local Putty socket tunnel, but the problem I describing shows up when I've chosen their main profile). This...

Converting Printmaster mailing list
Does anyone know how to convert a 1066 name mail list used with Printmaster 15 so it can be used with Publisher 2003? What format is the file? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "golfpapa34" <golfpapa34@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:19fc01c4a7e8$1004ae50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to convert a 1066 name mail list > used with Printmaster 15 so it can be used with Publisher > 2003? ...

Sent Mail Missing
On my wife's new Acer Laptop (Aspire 5517, Windows 7 Home Premium Version, 6.1.7600 Build 7600, x64-based PC, 3 GB of RAM, all WU's current, McAfee, Spyware Doctor with AV, MBAM, SAS, CCleaner), I just set up her WLM account (works fine), plus I added my WLM account to her computer. I can read my WL mail just fine (inbox, contacts, etc.) and can send messages ok too, except that my `sent' messages' are gone. On my Vista HP desktop I've got 60 messages in my `Sent' folder but on my wife's Acer Laptop there's 0 messages in my sent folder. My wife ...

How do I get a split screen for mail and calendar in Outlook?
You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the middle on a split screen. I can't find that option anymore and am wondering if it still exists and if so, where. I don't want to have to toggle between email and calendar. Any suggestions? Outlook 2007 - on the to do bar on far right click the "<<" at the top. Opens the To Do bar with calendar that has days with appointments hilited and upcoming appointments listed below calendar. "rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5...

Store Junk E-mail Configuration Not Effective
Right now we are running a Front-End / Back-End Configuration with Exchange 2003, and having problems enabling the Store Junk E-mail Configuration Settings on the back-end server. Both are front-end and back-end servers are upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2, the Front-End server had the original version of IMF, which was removed prior to installing SP2. The readme was reviewed with SP2, and instructions were followed. Our Front-End server is successfully using the Gateway Setting, but the Store Junk E-Mail setting is not effective at all. Anyone have similar experience, and have been a...

how could we create an e-mail account in Microsoft office outlook?
while using office outlook i am unable to send and receive e-mail because of the email account so want to know the procedures to open an e_mail account in MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. Thanks You must have the information given to you by your ISP. Since you didn't state your version, you must open your Outlook program, then press the F1 key (it hasn't broken anything yet!) and search on "email accounts." Follow the instructions. "Dron Giri" <Dron Giri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F298D057-740C-4BB3-9C64-62146B90046D@microsoft.com... ...

Erroneous Returned Mail
I am getting erroneous returned mail in my in basket...regarding unknown e-mails to unknown addresses that I never sent. My inbox also shows (1) unread, but I can't find it. Could this causing the problem? "DJR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6a5c01c3e693$560cdb50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting erroneous returned mail in my in > basket...regarding unknown e-mails to unknown addresses > that I never sent. It's caused by others who have your email address on their machines and are infected by the Swen virus - just delete th...

recover a mail or several with only MS products
Hi Is it possible to recover a mail or a few mail to a single mailbox from tape with only MS products? I know the feature of retention time but if the mail is older than that. If not possible. What would be a great third part software for backing up and restoring mails, mailboxes and a complete disaster. TIA Tomppa On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:57:39 +0300, "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >Is it possible to recover a mail or a few mail to a single mailbox from tape >with only MS products? >I know the feature of retention time but if the ma...

Automaticly chekking for e-mail from ISP
How can i configure outlook 97 to auto check my e-mail by dialing my ISP on a pc running windows2000 ...

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

Word's Mail Merge of an Excel List
I am trying to follow the Excel help file in using Word 2003 to produce labels from a list of names in Excel 2003. I want to just put the First Name field on the labels. The instructions are very clear and I can produce the labels just as I want them on the Avery labels except for one minor problem. I want the First Name centered both horizontally and vertically on the label. I can center it horizontally but can find no way to do it vertically. The name in a large font size, say 48 or 72, is noticeably nearer the top of the label than the center. Is there a way to make it appear i...

setting up common headers
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each report contains a header showing: Name of Client Account# Title of Report Date Range of Report Currently I have the header set up in each worksheet and I input the data for each report. I'd like to streamline this if possible, The client name and number remains the same across all reports The Title is specific to each report and does not change. On some reports the date is a range and others it is either the beginning or ending date of the specified range. I'd like to input the Name, Number and date range ...

How do u close a dialogue box in an outlook e-mail?
I don't know what I did but some how I've suddenly got this message popping up saying that I have to close my dialogue box before I can send a message. Anyone know what I did and how to close it?!?! Thanks! brownidgrl72 <brownidgrl72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I don't know what I did but some how I've suddenly got this message > popping up saying that I have to close my dialogue box before I can > send a message. Anyone know what I did and how to close it?!?! There must be a properties dialogue box open on your desktop underneath another window. T...

Importing from Windows Mail: lost my contact groups
Is there anyway to get my contact groups back? I imported from Windows Mail in Vista to Outlook 07. All my addresses are fine, but I don't have my contact groups. No, contact groups are not exportable. You'll need to make the groups in Outlook (where they are called distribution lists). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...

Re: How to print e-mails without a logo or page numbers please.
ICAgICAgICAg ...

Migrating mail between domains
I inherited the following scenario: I have two domains, NT (hjacenter.org) and Win2k (hja.org). All users will be moving to Win2k domain in the near future. However, I need to migrate mailboxes from ex5.5 (sp4) in NT domain to ex2003 (on a Win2003 server) in Win2k domain and have exchange 2003 operational now. User were created in the new Win2k domain, but user names do not match between domains. Ex: in NT domain user is jbrown. In Win2k domain, that same user was created as hja_jbrown. This applies to all users. And no, they cannot be changed in any way (Senior staff decision). Can ...

Mail vs. Post item in Public Folder
Ever since I switched to Exchange 2003 my public folders are only taking items as "Post" items, not Mail... that is true even though I create the folders as "Mail or Post items" folders. Can anyone shed some light? thanks Tim Tim wrote: > Ever since I switched to Exchange 2003 my public folders are only > taking items as "Post" items, not Mail... that is true even though I > create the folders as "Mail or Post items" folders. Can anyone shed > some light? > thanks > Tim Does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid...

pulling email addresses out of excel and into mail- new message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is it possible to cut and paste email addresses from excel to an email message. <br> I can right click and copy but I cannot paste them into the TO box. What "email program" are you using? Apple Mail does not support contextual menus. Use the Edit> Paste command or the keyboard equivalent: Command+V. If that doesn't resolve the issue you'll need to be far more detailed in your description of what you're trying to do, what you're trying top do it with, how you're trying to do it &a...

Prevent users from deleting Junk E-mail folder
Is there any way to prevent our users from deleting their private "Junk E-mail" folders? - Thanks, Ted ...

Cannot Connect for Download
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to connect to Microsoft for the latest Office 2008 download (I think it is 12.1.2) and every time I either use the AutoUpdate, or try to connect directly via the Mactopia site, I get a message that the url cannot be found, or the server is busy (this has gone of for 4 days now). The download DID work for my Power PC Mac update; what is wrong? re cannot connect for dowload me too, same server connection problem with all microsoft updates via microsoft download centre. Experiencing same error with flip for m...