Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with
the 3 gb switch?

The Situation:
-Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4.
-2.5 gb of RAM
-Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes.
-Group Shield virus scanning

Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing
errors.  THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK.

Here is what I have tried.

-Regedit ajustment to the heep.
-ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event
log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors).
-sp3 (which claims to have fixed this error, however it has not fixed it for
me)

Here is what I have left to do.
Upgrade my production Exchange Server to Advanced Server and use the /3gb
switch.  Is this possible?  Will exchange freak if I do an upgrade? Has
anyone outhere ever upgraded from server to advanced server?

I am going to use VMWARE to simulate my environment and do a test upgrade.

PLEASE TELL ME MICROSOFT IS GOING TO GET THIS FIXED SOMEDAY, I'M REALLY
TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS.

Matt

0
Matt

Lee el art�culo HOW TO: Troubleshoot Virtual Memory Fragmentation in
Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 (325044), aqui encontraras informaci�n de
como solventar ese problema en la p�gina:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO&sd=GN&ln=EN-US

"Matt" <mrizos@123computer.com> wrote in message
> Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me
with
> the 3 gb switch?
>
> The Situation:
> -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4.
> -2.5 gb of RAM
> -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes.
> -Group Shield virus scanning
>
> Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail
processing
> errors.  THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK.
>
> Here is what I have tried.
>
> -Regedit ajustment to the heep.
> -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event
> log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors).
> -sp3 (which claims to have fixed this error, however it has not fixed it
for
> me)
>
> Here is what I have left to do.
> Upgrade my production Exchange Server to Advanced Server and use the /3gb
> switch.  Is this possible?  Will exchange freak if I do an upgrade? Has
> anyone outhere ever upgraded from server to advanced server?
>
> I am going to use VMWARE to simulate my environment and do a test upgrade.
>
> PLEASE TELL ME MICROSOFT IS GOING TO GET THIS FIXED SOMEDAY, I'M REALLY
> TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS.
>
> Matt

0
vnavarro (3)
12/5/2003 3:45:52 PM
"Matt" <mrizos@123computer.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>Here is what I have tried.
>
>-Regedit ajustment to the heep.
>-ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event
>log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors).

It's just watching the PerfMon counters and reporting what it sees.
There are several "fragmentation" conditions, two of them are 32MB
blocks and another for 16MB blocks.

>-sp3 (which claims to have fixed this error, however it has not fixed it for
>me)
>
>Here is what I have left to do.
>Upgrade my production Exchange Server to Advanced Server and use the /3gb
>switch.  Is this possible?

No. But you CAN remove 1.5GB of memory.

>Will exchange freak if I do an upgrade? Has
>anyone outhere ever upgraded from server to advanced server?

There's no "upgrade" from "server" to "advanced server". It's a
reinstallation.

>I am going to use VMWARE to simulate my environment and do a test upgrade.
>
>PLEASE TELL ME MICROSOFT IS GOING TO GET THIS FIXED SOMEDAY, I'M REALLY
>TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS.

Windows 2003 -- not with Exchange 2000.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Matt" <mrizos@123computer.com> wrote in message
> Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me
with
> the 3 gb switch?
>
> The Situation:
> -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4.
> -2.5 gb of RAM
> -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes.
> -Group Shield virus scanning
>
> Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail
processing
> errors.  THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK.
>
> Here is what I have tried.
>
> -Regedit ajustment to the heep.
> -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event
> log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors).
> -sp3 (which claims to have fixed this error, however it has not fixed it
for
> me)
>
> Here is what I have left to do.
> Upgrade my production Exchange Server to Advanced Server and use the /3gb
> switch.  Is this possible?  Will exchange freak if I do an upgrade? Has
> anyone outhere ever upgraded from server to advanced server?
>
> I am going to use VMWARE to simulate my environment and do a test upgrade.
>
> PLEASE TELL ME MICROSOFT IS GOING TO GET THIS FIXED SOMEDAY, I'M REALLY
> TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS.
>
> Matt

0
Matt
12/5/2003 5:57:08 PM
"Matt" <mrizos@123computer.com> wrote:

>So, will removing the extra 1.5 gig help to solve my virtual memory errors?

Yes, it will -- provided you have only a single Storage Group.
Multiple SG's and <1GB of memory will result in memory fragmenting for
other reasons, but it will still generate the same events.

>Or, should we just upgrade to Windows 2003?

Not unless you upgrade Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 first.

>Can you run exchange 2000 on a
>Windows 2003 server?

No, you cannot run E2K on W2K3.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

Outlook will not stay open
Outlook 2000 will not stay open when I launch the app. It will open up, download messages, and then close. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Fix Publisher printing failure
I hope the deficiency in Publisher 2003, referred to in the following exchange of posts, will be remedied promptly. Or is it just a turf war between Microsoft and HP, conducted at both your customers' expense?? Br. Giovanni The text of the earlier posts follows: #1: I am trying to print a brochure with a four-way bleed. I set up for borderless printing on glossy brochure paper, but the program keeps defaulting to regular 8.5X11" letter paper and leaving a 3/4" white border. In 'page setup' under printer properties, I call for 8.5X11" borderless paper size, bor...

If I buy and reinstall the download of office 2008 Stu.Teach from this website will i lose all my papers and documents and ppts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have time to look for it. I am livid but now is not the time to deal with it. I have a deadline of tonight for a major assignment and need to know that what I have already wont be lost when i purchase and download microsoft office from this website. Please anyone help me, a fast response is needed and appreciated. gbachman@officeformac.com wrote: > I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have > time to look for it. I am livid but ...

Advance Filter Return
Hello, I've created an Adv. Filter that copies data from Sheet2 to Sheet3 (headers included), the issue is that I would like to give the ability to the user to select which record from the possible multiple that populated from the Adv. Filter. Example user clicks column "A" ("Date", Sheet3) and on the record / ROW he or she is needs to be populate back to Sheet1 for editing. I do have a �unique record� tie this all together which date & time (merge, column "F" as text) that would be like my lookup unique record, but I simple cant think of a way to ge...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Formula Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that I'm working on that tracks employee attendance. A sample is included below: A B C D 1 Name 06/07/04 Final Warning Attendance 2 Name 08/21/03 Warning Tardy 3 Name 12/04/02 Warning Attendance 4 Name 09/16/02 Counsel Tardy 5 Name 08/05/02 Counsel Attendance Is there a formula that will tell me how many instances an employee was on an Attendance or Tardy disciplinary step of Final Warning, Warning ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Save As #6
After opening excel, try to do a "save as" and it always want to go back and save in XLSTART directory, rather than where all the excel work is saved. Please tell me what I have to tell Excel to only pull from XLSTART at the beginning but save as where it says in the options section. Maybe I'm not following but when you do a Save As Excel always defaults to the path the workbook was opened from. The Default File Location sets the current path when Excel starts but the current path follows each Open or Save As. -- Jim "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.co...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

windows xp service pack 3
error-model Flash 10c ocx nersion v 1534 win 5.1 2600 2 (service pack 3) IE 8.0o6001.18702 Base 76F0000,001B falsh0c This keeps poppen up and shuts me down. What is it and how can I fix it. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- ~Robear Dyer ...

Sync of .OST to server does not match?
We have multiple users that have this issue: Exchange 5.5 sp4 with Outlook 2002 SP2. When the user select to sync, it completes without errors but then if you compare the messages count for the online folder and the offline folder - they do not match. This is true for folders such as inbox/sent. I have started outlook in offline mode and forced a synchronization - this did not fix it. Also verified that there are no filters set on the sync setup. In one instance, I have deleted the .ost and created a new one. After a while, the message count again does not match. Any suggestions on wher...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

please help #3
In Money 2003, when I receive payment on an invoice, it automatically records it to my register. Is there any way around this? The reason is that I like to make one large deposit, and I want this large deposit to show in my register, not the individual ones. Thanks!! .. ...

What kind of savings instrument is this?
Forgive me: this is not really an Excel question. But I know there are a lot of savvy financial people lurking in these newsgroups. I hope one of you will be kind enough to respond. Someone described the following savings alternative offered by a bank. I cannot find any information on their web site. Can someone tell me what kind of a savings instrument this is ...? You contribute a fixed amount each month over a finite period (e.g, 5 years) for a fixed APR. You pay a penalty for early withdrawal. I am not sure about any other details about the plan. In fact, that is what I am looking...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...

Urgent! How to prevent Saving with VBA Visio?
Hi there, I am working on a small application in VBA Visio and i want to know i there's any way to prevent saving the document, as it exists in VB Word? As for example: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Or something like that? with visio, the routine "BeforeDocumentSave" does not have the argumen "Cancel". Is there any one who can help me? Thanks a lot in advance! : -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.i...

Shading #3
I'm stumped. I've looked at 2 different sites (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html and http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm) to figure out how to shade, but I'm missing something here. My data covers monthly figures Jan - Dec. There is a max and min for each month. I want to shade between those 2 points and then plot the current year's figures over that range. In looking at both of the sites above, it seems like Jan - Dec need to be numbers. So, I know I'm missing some little step, I just don't know what it is. Thanks! Not too sure what you...

Too Many Personal Folders #3
I recently moved the pst file from my old computer (Outlook2000) to my new computer (Outlook2003). Before copying the file to the directory on my new computer, I renamed the existing file from outlook.pst to outlook_orig.pst. It moved fine, except the Outlook Address Book would not recognize the Contacts Folder, so I also opened outlook_orig.pst. No problem there, but now when I open Outlook, it now displays four sets of Personal Folders - (1) pointing to outlook_orig.pst and (3) pointing to outlook.pst. I have no clue how I did that, but if I right-click on any of the three sets pointi...

Will enumerator keep its collection alive
Hi there, Can someone confirm my understanding of the following. Given a function that creates and populates a "List<T>" on-the-fly, or any native .NET collection for that matter, and then returns "List<T>.GetEnumerator()", will that enumerator keep the list itself alive? Or can the list be GC'd and the enumerator then points to junk. Presumably this won't happen since the enumerator will either keep it alive via some internal pointer, or it will cache the data itself in theory (ok, not likely in reality but the idea is that it can alway...

Windows Home server
Hi, Windows Home Server can be used in a SOHO environment as a NAS and with a useful auto backup of user pcs. We have some very small outlying sites where Windows Home Server would seem to be a plausible solution. In Head Office we currently have DPM 2007, probably upgrading to 2010. Is it be possible to backup Windows Home Servers with DPM? -- Stanch This particular OS sku is not tested with DPM, but DPM should be able to protect it using workgroup/un-trusted machine flow. Please find more details at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff634170.aspx -- ...

CRM 3.0 and Office Accounting 2007
I understand that Gurango used to have a software that connected the two. It was called CRM2OA. They have - as far as I can see - discontinued it. With the discontinuation of this software, is possible that Microsoft (the developer of both CRM AND OA) has created a linking-tool that will work in a similar way as the CRM2OA??? We have CRM 3.0 running here, and we have Office Accounting 2007 running here. We would like to integrate them both so whether you are in one or the other, either one is updated with whatever invoice, client, payments or whatever is being entered. ...

problem in saving folder as .onepkg in ON2010(beta)
First of all as a fresh member I'd like to shout BIG Hello to everyone in this busy forum! Now to my first question. After installation of onenote 2010beta I decided that instead of converting all my folders I will make a grand overhaul of them. Thus I moved most of my sections from old folders into a one new folder (2010 compatible). So I did as I planned without any difficulty. The cherry on my ice cake was going to be a creation of extra backup - independent of the default one (you know just in case :wink:). After choosing option 'save as' to Onenote Package (onepkg)...

Military Time #3
how can i key 4:30 and mean 4:30 pm. thanks Gordon Wrote: > "dparkerl" <dparkerl.1dcram@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message > news:dparkerl.1dcram@excelforum-nospam.com... > > > > I am trying to use this formula (=MIN((G10-C10)-(F10-D10),10/24). It > is > > giveing the coreect time but I can't input time as 7:00(A1) 4:30 > (A2). > > I have to key 7:00 16:30. > > > > > > -- > > dparkerl > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > dparkerl's Profile: &...