IIS Admin Service Stops Repeatedly - OWA Goes Down.

Hi!
I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base article
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin and SMP services
crashes  repeatedly (6 times since last server restart 3 Hours Ago), after
IIS crash I receive an instant phone call from my external OWA users!!!

I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and that KB
Hotfix does not apply to my OS version.

I need help with this PLEASE!!!! The IIS Services simply goes down and
theres no clue for me to start troubleshooting. The Exchange Server has been
running for 3 months without any configuration change.

Thanks a Lot!
Beto.

0
beto2406 (5)

Sorry, SP2 was already installed.

The environment is:
Windows 2003 Server R2
 - SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
 - Exchange Server 2003 SP2
 - Microsoft Virtual Server (Hosting 1 Virtual PC at the moment)

Remember that this environment has been up and running for months!!

Thanks for your reply Andy!

"andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message
> What other products are running on the box?
>
> Have you considered upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP2?
>

> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>> I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base article
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin and SMP services
>> crashes  repeatedly (6 times since last server restart 3 Hours Ago),
>> after IIS crash I receive an instant phone call from my external OWA
>> users!!!
>>
>> I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and that
>> KB Hotfix does not apply to my OS version.
>>
>> I need help with this PLEASE!!!! The IIS Services simply goes down and
>> theres no clue for me to start troubleshooting. The Exchange Server has
>> been running for 3 months without any configuration change.
>>
>> Thanks a Lot!
>> Beto.

0
beto2406 (5)
3/13/2006 6:35:44 PM
What other products are running on the box?

Have you considered upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP2?

"Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base article
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin and SMP services
> crashes  repeatedly (6 times since last server restart 3 Hours Ago), after
> IIS crash I receive an instant phone call from my external OWA users!!!
>
> I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and that
> KB Hotfix does not apply to my OS version.
>
> I need help with this PLEASE!!!! The IIS Services simply goes down and
> theres no clue for me to start troubleshooting. The Exchange Server has
> been running for 3 months without any configuration change.
>
> Thanks a Lot!
> Beto.

0
awebb7472 (650)
3/13/2006 6:38:51 PM
Stop IIS Admin. Empty the badmail folder. Start the IIS Admin service.
Usually cures that.

But you are WAY overloading that box.

> Sorry, SP2 was already installed.
>
> The environment is:
> Windows 2003 Server R2
> - SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
> - Exchange Server 2003 SP2
> - Microsoft Virtual Server (Hosting 1 Virtual PC at the moment)
>
> Remember that this environment has been up and running for months!!
>
> Thanks for your reply Andy!
>
> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message
>> What other products are running on the box?
>>
>> Have you considered upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP2?
>>

>> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi!
>>> I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base
>>> article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin and SMP
>>> services crashes  repeatedly (6 times since last server restart 3 Hours
>>> Ago), after IIS crash I receive an instant phone call from my external
>>> OWA users!!!
>>>
>>> I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and that
>>> KB Hotfix does not apply to my OS version.
>>>
>>> I need help with this PLEASE!!!! The IIS Services simply goes down and
>>> theres no clue for me to start troubleshooting. The Exchange Server has
>>> been running for 3 months without any configuration change.
>>>
>>> Thanks a Lot!
>>> Beto.

0
nick5968 (262)
3/13/2006 7:12:26 PM
The "Badmail" folder is already empty. The only folder showing messages is
the "Queue" folder, showing 21 items.
Should I clear the Queue Folder?

Could it be a filesystem access problem? Should I try disfragmenting the
storage drive?

Thanks for your reply Nick!!

"Nick Gillott [MVP]" <nick@gillott.co.uk> wrote in message
> Stop IIS Admin. Empty the badmail folder. Start the IIS Admin service.
> Usually cures that.
>
> But you are WAY overloading that box.
>
> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
>> Sorry, SP2 was already installed.
>>
>> The environment is:
>> Windows 2003 Server R2
>> - SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
>> - Exchange Server 2003 SP2
>> - Microsoft Virtual Server (Hosting 1 Virtual PC at the moment)
>>
>> Remember that this environment has been up and running for months!!
>>
>> Thanks for your reply Andy!
>>
>> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message
>>> What other products are running on the box?
>>>
>>> Have you considered upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP2?
>>>

>>> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message

0
beto2406 (5)
3/13/2006 7:29:29 PM
Queue - no.
Filesystem? Doubtful
Defrag? NOOOOO!!!

Anything in the event log?

> The "Badmail" folder is already empty. The only folder showing messages is
> the "Queue" folder, showing 21 items.
> Should I clear the Queue Folder?
>
> Could it be a filesystem access problem? Should I try disfragmenting the
> storage drive?
>
> Thanks for your reply Nick!!
>
> "Nick Gillott [MVP]" <nick@gillott.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Stop IIS Admin. Empty the badmail folder. Start the IIS Admin service.
>> Usually cures that.
>>
>> But you are WAY overloading that box.
>>
>> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, SP2 was already installed.
>>>
>>> The environment is:
>>> Windows 2003 Server R2
>>> - SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
>>> - Exchange Server 2003 SP2
>>> - Microsoft Virtual Server (Hosting 1 Virtual PC at the moment)
>>>
>>> Remember that this environment has been up and running for months!!
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply Andy!
>>>
>>> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message

0
nick5968 (262)
3/13/2006 8:07:30 PM
There are many errors, getting this on the Application Log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9188
Date:  13/03/2006
Time:  05:04:18 p.m.
User:  N/A
Computer: EXSERVER
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to read the membership of group
'cn=Exchange Domain Servers,cn=Users,dc=noc,dc=kerberos,dc=ws'. Error code
'80072020'.

Please check whether the local computer is a member of the group. If it is
not, stop all the Microsoft Exchange services, add the local computer into
the group manually and restart all the services.

"""MY SOLUTION: The Exchange Server computer is already a member of this
group. Don't know why I'm getting this""".

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8207
Date:  13/03/2006
Time:  04:00:57 p.m.
User:  N/A
Computer: EXSERVER
Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine
WARHOL. The error number is 0x80004005.
"""MY SOLUTION: Don't lnow what this is talking about"""

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSSQLServerOLAPService
Event Category: (289)
Event ID: 25
Date:  13/03/2006
Time:  03:58:03 p.m.
User:  N/A
Computer: EXSERVER
The resource file 'msmdsrv.rll' for locale '1034' could not be loaded.
Switching to US English (1033) if available.
"""MY SOLUTION: Don't lnow what this is talking about".""

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeAL
Event Category: Service Control
Event ID: 8250
Date:  13/03/2006
Time:  03:21:24 p.m.
User:  N/A
Computer: EXSERVER
The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x54b] The specified
domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.  The service could
not be initialized.  Make sure that the operating system was installed
properly.
"""MY SOLUTION: The Server can connect to it's DC.""

Getting this on the System Log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date:  13/03/2006
Time:  02:57:16 p.m.
User:  N/A
Computer: EXSERVER
The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 6
time(s).

Date:  13/03/2006
Time:  02:57:16 p.m.
User:  N/A
Computer: EXSERVER
The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 6 time(s).

I begin getting sporadic warnings about DC connectivity from the
MSExchangeAL service, Could this be related to my issue?

Thanks Again Nick!!!

> Queue - no.
> Filesystem? Doubtful
> Defrag? NOOOOO!!!
>
> Anything in the event log?
>
> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
>> The "Badmail" folder is already empty. The only folder showing messages
>> is the "Queue" folder, showing 21 items.
>> Should I clear the Queue Folder?
>>
>> Could it be a filesystem access problem? Should I try disfragmenting the
>> storage drive?
>>
>> Thanks for your reply Nick!!
>>
>> "Nick Gillott [MVP]" <nick@gillott.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Stop IIS Admin. Empty the badmail folder. Start the IIS Admin service.
>>> Usually cures that.
>>>
>>> But you are WAY overloading that box.
>>>
>>> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message

0
beto2406 (5)
3/13/2006 8:07:46 PM
You will need to do some debbugging of IIS which will lost information
during a crash. Use IISState or Debugdiag.

http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/IISConfigureIISState.aspx

DebugDiag (recommended):
http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/archive/2005/10/05/60.aspx

Beto wrote:
> Hi!
> I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base article
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin and SMP services
> crashes  repeatedly (6 times since last server restart 3 Hours Ago), after
> IIS crash I receive an instant phone call from my external OWA users!!!
>
> I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and that KB
> Hotfix does not apply to my OS version.
>
> I need help with this PLEASE!!!! The IIS Services simply goes down and
> theres no clue for me to start troubleshooting. The Exchange Server has been
> running for 3 months without any configuration change.
>
> Thanks a Lot!
> Beto.

0
jamestechman (1266)
3/13/2006 9:10:16 PM
Did you move this group from the default container where it was created?  (I
think that's Users.)  If so, move it back.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> [...]
> Time:  02:57:16 p.m.
> User:  N/A
> Computer: EXSERVER
> The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly.
> It has done this 6 time(s).
>

> I begin getting sporadic warnings about DC connectivity from the
> MSExchangeAL service, Could this be related to my issue?
>
> Thanks Again Nick!!!
>

> "Nick Gillott [MVP]" <nick@gillott.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Queue - no.
>> Filesystem? Doubtful
>> Defrag? NOOOOO!!!
>>
>> Anything in the event log?
>>
>> "Beto" <beto@NOSPAN.net> wrote in message
>>> The "Badmail" folder is already empty. The only folder showing messages
>>> is the "Queue" folder, showing 21 items.
>>> Should I clear the Queue Folder?
>>>
>>> Could it be a filesystem access problem? Should I try disfragmenting the

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/14/2006 1:44:09 AM
No, I didn't move any Exchange related group from the Built-In "Users"
container.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 7034
>> Date:  13/03/2006
>> Time:  02:57:16 p.m.
>> User:  N/A
>> Computer: EXSERVER
>> The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this
>> 6 time(s).
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Service Control Manager
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 7034
>> Date:  13/03/2006
>> Time:  02:57:16 p.m.
>> User:  N/A
>> Computer: EXSERVER
>> The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly.
>> It has done this 6 time(s).
>>

>> I begin getting sporadic warnings about DC connectivity from the
>> MSExchangeAL service, Could this be related to my issue?

0
beto2406 (5)

How do I stop Publisher 2002 lock up?
Windows XP 1.6g pentium 4 1024 ram 128 meg video card. Why does publisher 2002 lockup all the time? I'm working on a 20 page newspaper, and it is slow as dirt. What can I do? Publisher 2002 stops responding (hangs) when you try to start or use it http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322119 Are you working on a project that was previously saved in Publisher 2000? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8DF8772-0D39-4ACA-9B5...

How to stop outlook to be my default mail client
Hi. Would you please help me? I use other program to manage my e-mails. How to stop outlook to be my default mail client. I click accidentally on the button to tell outlook to be my default mail client. Zdzislaw -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200512/1 This is not an Excel problem but: Start Internet Explorer Use menu item Tools|Internet Options and open the Programs tab Set email client to whatever you need happy new year -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Zdzislaw via OfficeKB.com" <...

outlook stops downloading mail midstream
Outlook 2000 (using XP) stops downloading messages before getting them all. No error message, it just keeps trying to get the next message, (for instance, the 5th out of 35). It doesn't do this every time, but when it gets stuck, the only way to make it right again is to go to my Yahoo account and clear the "other mail" server of all messages. Then I can go back to Outlook and usually there's another spam to pick up, and it works fine until some time later. Seems random. I have disabled McKafee and IHateSpam, but no luck. Microsoft had one suggestion about chang...

owa server
I currently have a front end exchange 2003 server a backend exchange 2003 server. I just added another backend exchange 2003 server to a remote office. i am using forms based authenication with ssl. How do i get owa to work on my new backend server. It works for my users that are on my 1st back end server but not the new one. I have forms based enabled on the new server as well as ssl enabled on the iis part of the new server. all of my exchange servers are sp2 in a windows 2003 native mode enivorment. If you have "This is a front-end server" checked off on the server functio...

Repeated "errors"
XP Pro SP3, Outlook Express 6, Comcast cable broadband I keep getting errors like "Server is disconnected," "TCPIP is not functioning," "Password needed," etc. With the exception of the password thing, simply trying again always works. Is there something going on that I can fix? -- For most of us the most danger is most politicians. JimL Best guesses for me is a modem issue, a connection issue, (i.e. cables inside or outside your home), or server issues. The most likely IMO, especially if you call them and they blame it on OE. -- ...

outlook email goes to microsoft exchange after reading it
I am using Outlook 2002- My mail is in HTML format and runs through a pop3 server When I open Outlook to read my mail the following happens : When I am in the preview window if I move from one letter to another the first letter disappears! I can then find it when I right click on the outlook icon and click explore. That opens Microsoft Exchange, the mail is now located in that inbox The same thing happens if I open the mail to read the entire letter. Once I close it in outlook, if I want to read it again I have to go to exchange I do not want to keep my mail in exchange-in fact I don...

Exchange clustering and OWA, what is going on here
OK a little layout of what I am dealing with. We have 3 exchange servers, one back end 2000 Exchange server, one front end 2000 Exchange server that has OWA capabilites, but is being used as a SMTP gateway, and one front end 2003 Exchange server that has OWA. Until yesterday, we were having a problem with the 2003 front end server not serving up exchange pages. It was working and the mysteriously without any tell tale signs in the logs, it stoped serving. I converted the SMTP server over to front-end, rebooted it, and miraclously the 2003 front-end server started to work again. For redundancy...

Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix
Hello, I have Outlook 2002 Sp2 and have the problem with customizing outlook today and the databinding tables. The problem is known under knowledgebase entry 821667 'OL2002: You Cannot Use the Outlook Databinding Control to View Another User's Outlook Folder' To solve the problem Microsoft recommand you to request the hotfix 'Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package: June 7, 2003' http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822613 My problem is that I own an OEM copy of the product and every time I enter my product PID to request the hotfix from Microsoft it sa...

stop processing rules
HI, I am using Outlook 2007 with vista ultimate and am getting duplicate emails i think from having too many rules. I believe I should be able to perform the action 'stop processing' rule at the end of each rule. icant seem to find this feature. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thnx AJ Change Rule->Edit Rule Settings->Next>'stop processing more rules' flag close to bottom <1Anand.J@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182416463.440305.107840@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > HI, I am using Outlook 2007 with vista ultimate and am getting > duplica...

OWA loading across slow WAN
In my environment there are three exchange servers (Exch2003Sp2/Win2003). Two of the servers are in our primary site, are RPC over HTTP enabled and identified as a Front-End and a Back-End with the thrid server hosting mail for users in a remote office connected via VPN. When a user whos mailbox is in remote site attempts to load OWA their interface won't load and the word "loading..." is displayed with no progress. If that same user's mailbox is moved to the back-end server in our primary site OWA will load fine, move it back won't load. Also, if the internal address...

URL on OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C5249E.E55087E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi There How to configure OWA server so that users just type = http://exchangeServer/ without having to type /exchange tq ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C5249E.E55087E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Ty...

OWA 2003 #5
We have owa 2003 setup and working fine internally. We're trying to get it setup so that users can access it through a portal. OWA is hard coding the URL and that is causing problems for the reverse proxy. So we can get through the reverse proxy fine but it's then redirecting to internal urls so from the outside it won't work. The below article kind of explains it but offers no solution. http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=5f5c01c1678b% 2481275c40%2435ef2ecf%40TKMSFTNGXA11&oe=UTF- 8&output=gplain ...

Repeating keys missing...
I upgraded guy's Microcenter desktop from Vista to WE. Both Vista, and now W7 have a strange characteristic - when one holds down any key, it does not repeat. It just appears one time. Any idea how to get "repeating keys" back? TIA, Paul On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:10:48 -0500, Paul H wrote: > I upgraded guy's Microcenter desktop from Vista to WE. Both Vista, and now > W7 have a strange characteristic - when one holds down any key, it does not > repeat. It just appears one time. Any idea how to get "repeating keys" > back? TIA, P...

IIS extension DLL compile errors
Hi, Upgrading from VS6 to VS 2008; build platform is XP SP2. We have several IIS extensions and all are failing with the same error: error C4867: 'CEoeapiExtension::Default': function call missing argument list; use '&CEoeapiExtension::Default' to create a pointer to member The extension is based off the CHttpServer class and this error is on the ON_PARSE_COMMAND(Default, CEoeapiExtension, ITS_EMPTY) entry in the parse map. From what I can tell, the mFC libraries were supposed to have been modified to handle this stricter compiler checking? I also have the 2003 Pla...

OWA
We are running Exchange 2003. There doesn't seem to be a 'change password' option in Outlook Web Access. How can a remote user change their password through OWA? Thanks, Walt wmckinn@tc2.com 1.. Install and configure Secure Socket Layer (SSL) on the server. For additional information about how to install and configure SSL on the IIS server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 324069 HOW TO: Set Up an HTTPS Service in IIS 2.. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services ...

OWA SSL http to https redirect question
Hi, I followed the info provided by MS: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/5min/5min-301.mspx and what is said in the CYA securing Exchange 2003 manual. However when I http to the mail server I get this error message "This Virutal Directory requires a browser that supports the configured encryption options." I don't have a problem with https: into the same mail domain. The test machine that I am using is running Windows XP Professional SP2 so I am wondering if there is some security thing that MS has locked down on XP Professional which prohibits it to su...

Stop baby eating in CHINA
Eat dogs, cats and baby look below: http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/v/7/eating_babies1.jpg http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/w/7/eating_babies2.jpg http://888.rockin.net/propaganda-of-baby-eating/rumour.htm#true_story info@imagiam.com ...

OWA fails to load emails; Exchweb Virtual dir loses subfolders.
Windows Server 2003 Exchange 2003 Standard SP1 IIS 6.0 I have been having problems with OWA since I took over this companies network, but this one has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated! I believe the server has been used for all sorts of things since its been installed by the previous admin, so its not a "vanilla" system. Background -This server used to be a DC, (with Exchange on) but has been demoted to ease its load. Have since found out MS don't advise an Exchange demotion! -OWA is externally published from the Exchange server through ISA 2004 using Forms based...

How do i stop swen virus from running while outlook is open?
i have outlook configured for inet email... swen only comes up when outlook is open, ive tried mcafee and symmantec tools to remove it, but its not on my system when outlook is closed... i see 2 SOF*.tmp files in my local settings\temp directory which im assuming is swen... and it gets detected only when i scan while outlook is open... if i dont do an actual scan, they just sit there and run... when i try to delete these files, i get access denied,.. close outlook, files disappear... i have all the updates available installed on both office and mcafee.... i disabled all addins in options.. ive...

The Excel Drawing menu Autoshapes stopped working.
The Excel (2002) Drawing menu stopped working. It will not allow me do any of the routines in the menu. The Icons in the menus in the autoshape section are all present but not not usable. I would like to find out what to do to get it to work again. Thanks I don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try. Locate the Documents and Settings folder on your computer. From there, navigate to \Documents and Settings\[Your User ID]\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel. In this folder, you will find a file called Excel.xlb (it might have a slightly different name depending on which ve...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack stopped working
We are still running Office XP, (I know...I know). I've installed the office 2007 compatibility pack on all the computers in the office. Initially it worked fine but it has stopped working on several machines. On those machines I no longer get the full list of items to convert when double-clicking on a .DOCX file. Most importantly the Word 2007 convert option is no longer listed. I don't get the message as if the compatibility pack is not installed, there is just no option listed in the convert menu. In fact if I just open Word and drag-n-drop a .DOCX file into word it co...

Creating a timer or "stop watch" in excel.
I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? Hi have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan G wrote: > I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread > sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if > there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? ...

outlook 2007 stops working immediately after starting on windows 7
It was working properly until I wanted to create my contact list. I clicked on the from icon in order to get my contacts` emails. When I started to scroll down, the outlook turned grey and I got the message " the outlook stopped working and windows is looking for a solution." Since then, my outlook 2007 stops working in a couple of seconds right after I start the outlook. Any solutions?? Thanks Might be a good idea if you told us the actual steps you used to trash Outlook. Spare no detail. If you imagined your post told us anything, it didn't. I assume you kne...

Anonymous Public Folder Access via OWA
I need to have an individual access a public folder calendar via OWA but do not want to setup an account for him. Is it possible to set permission such that this is possible? Thanks in advance. -- IT Manager Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Hi Greg, don�t even think about that. You have to open your system to wide. cheers, Andy "Greg Starr" <GregStarr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B1F5D07A-3DAF-4574-B9CF-EAB2015F5A8E@microsoft.com... >I need to have an individual access a public folder calendar via OWA but do > not want to setup an account f...

OWA and Public Folders #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 on 2003 Server utilizing Front and Back end Server, I can access my account via OWa just fine - when I open public folders another window opens which has different color scheme than my default window - I can browse public folders but when I try to open an item in the public folder I get a message: You are not authorized to view this page I did see a KB talking about IIS compression etc but I don't think that's the problem with mine. I don't get any of the errors listed in the article - just the message above. Mark ...