IIS 6 cannot start on Exchange 2003 server

Trying to access the public folders through ESM
I get the error The connection was refused.  Ensure that your HTTP virtual servers are all started and check that the
WWW service is running.

The IIS default site cannot start.

0
David

Why can't it start? Is there a port conflict?

--
Michael Bell
Bell Consulting Services, Inc.

"David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message
> Trying to access the public folders through ESM
> I get the error The connection was refused.  Ensure that your HTTP virtual
> servers are all started and check that the
> WWW service is running.
>
> The IIS default site cannot start.

0
mbell (30)
7/29/2004 7:49:44 PM
Well if I put into a web browser http://localhost nothing pops up.
I tried to telnet to <server> 80 to connect to port 80 and I get nothing.
I tried switching the servers port to 8080 but it would not start.  So it must be something else.
There is nothing installed on the server except exchange 2003.
I installed Trend Micro SMB suite and thats when the trouble started.
I uninstalled it but that did not solve the problem.

"Michael Bell" <mbell@nospamBellcs.com>
|>Why can't it start? Is there a port conflict?

0
David
7/29/2004 9:31:01 PM
If you open ISM and go to the default web site, what port and IP address is
it trying to use? Did you install URLScan or the IIS Lockdown utilities?

--

> Well if I put into a web browser http://localhost nothing pops up.
> I tried to telnet to <server> 80 to connect to port 80 and I get nothing.
> I tried switching the servers port to 8080 but it would not start.  So it
> must be something else.
> There is nothing installed on the server except exchange 2003.
> I installed Trend Micro SMB suite and thats when the trouble started.
> I uninstalled it but that did not solve the problem.
>
> "Michael Bell" <mbell@nospamBellcs.com>
> |>Why can't it start? Is there a port conflict?

0
mbell (30)
7/30/2004 3:23:41 PM
I tried both 80 and 8080
IP is (All Unassigned)
SSL port is 443

It did work after I installed it.

I installed trend micro's SMB suite and it stopped working around that time.

I have not installed URLScan or IIS Lockdown yet as the machine is not connected
to the net yet.  Its only being ran internally right now.

"Michael Bell" <mbell@nospamBellcs.com>
|>If you open ISM and go to the default web site, what port and IP address is
|>it trying to use? Did you install URLScan or the IIS Lockdown utilities?

0
David
8/2/2004 10:07:39 PM
I created a new test site in IIS 6.0 and assigned it to port 80 and it would start just fine.
So the error on the main web site page is incorrect.  But I still cannot start the service?
0
David

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Click on Excel Doc Starts Excel but Excel does not Open the Doc.
Hi When I click on an Excel doc., Excel starts up but does not open the doc. When I rgiht click an .xls and then choose Excel to open it it says that Excel cannot find the document on the indicated path. The path shown is indeed the path to the doc and the doc is there. When I drag an .xls into a runing Excel it opens correctly. Other apps. such as Word open the docs correctly but cannot open docs with links to Excel sheets. Any ideas? Regards, Marc Try looking at this: Tools | Options | General Uncheck "Ignore other applications" HTH hi. try this. Tools>options>g...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...

Outlook 2003 wont stop
I sill have the probs with OL 2003. It absolutely wont stop. If I start Outlook the first time then there is no problem. As I click the EXIT button Outlook closes but the Icon of Outlook remains in the Taskbar of Windows. Restaring OL is not possible. Killing Outlook via TaskManager wont help either. Please Help!! Benjamin Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello, I have an Active Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Exch1 and Exch2. When I set it to Exch 1 our one MAC user running Entourage 2004 is unable to connect. Does anyone know what setting to check on the Exchange server? Thanks, DOTT ...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

I want to buy the best book of office 2003
Hi. I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it? Marco Hi, Marco. > I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it? "The Best Book of Office 2003." (Just kidding!) "Best" is subjective. Check out former Access MVP Jeff Conrad's lists of recommended books and find the ones for Access 2003, then go to your bookstore and look at each one to see if it's "for you" -- and your learning style. http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html#Books Notice that these books are all Access databas...

SRM 3.0 for SBS
Trying to "test" install CRM 3.0 for SBS on a SBS 2003 Premium R2 server. Installation gives option to install a sql Report Server or use existing. The one it tries to install is SQL 2000 and the screen says it is not compatible with other versions of SQL. So will the install allow you to connect to the SBS 2003's SQL 2005 Workgroup Report Server? Can;t find this answer anywhere! Thanks, KBB In answer to your first question, yes. You have to install SQL 2005 Reporting Services, then connect to this during CRM setup "KBB" <kbbnospam@dontspamme123.org> w...

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Czech characters
We are using the following configuration: - Windows XP English - Outlook 2003 English + MUI for French, Spanish, Italian, German - Exchange 5.5. We encounter some problem with Czech characters. When contacts are stored in the mailbox in Exchange 5.5, some czech characters are replaced in contact name, company, .... When we stored the same contact in a pst file, evrything works fine. The characters are not replaced. Have somebody an idea or a solution for me? ...

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

Migrating from Exch 2000 to 2003
We're in the middle of migrating thousands of users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Our 2000 users are experiencing a problem where anytime they are sent an e-mail from a 2003 user, they receive the e-mail as an attachment rather than a regular readable e-mail. They have to open the attachment to read it. We also are going through a Trend Viruswall server for virus cleaning, and have a Netscape mail server in the mix as well. Has anyone seen this? ...

Outlook 2003 does not sync properly when connected.
When connected thru a Windows 2000 Server to the internet, and using VPN to connect to an Exchange Server running on Windows 2000 Small Busness Server, I get the following error. "(0x8004011D) The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I am able to connect it I dial into the internet and use VPN to connect to the internet. ...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

2003 OL with contact manager
Hi I would like to in-port Quick Books data , namely customers and vendors, and other names into OL contact manager.... can anyone tell me what QB files they are and what each is? Thanks David Have you tried Intuit support? Outlook would have no way of knowing what export types QuickBooks uses. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RDavid asked: | Hi ...

Printing checks #6
When I print to blank stock in the pay to the order of line the Account name is printed rather than the Payee name. This is the test version of Money which I would like to buy and use as it seem to have features which I like but the print glitch is a problem. Is there something I am not doing correctly or is this a "Feature?" Thanks, Dave. ...

outlook express 6 password problem
Help I have outlook express 6, windows xp. My internet provider just changed from att broadband to comcast. now i keep getting a password rejected error and i cant receive any mail. i cant seem to find a way to shut off the password. in my wifes page of xp it works ok. Hi, Bill - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these n...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Outlook 2003 Send & Receive Button
I've lost the Send & Receive Button from my toolbar and I can't seem to find a way to get it back. Any ideas? Verify tht you still have account configured int Tools-> E-mail Accounts-> Next If they are still there reset the Standard Toolbar through View-> Toolbars-> Customize -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vic Mc" <Vic Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5983862-5F51-4141...