iHateSpam Gateway

Hi,

Can i install iHateSpam on my SMTP MAILsweeper 4.3 gateway?

Regards,
Steve

0
steve7049 (5)

What does iHateSpam add to MAILsweeper?

-Peretz

"Stephen O'Sullivan" <steve@nospam_noway_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can i install iHateSpam on my SMTP MAILsweeper 4.3 gateway?
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I would not do it, I have had nothing but trouble with iHateSpam, what is
MAILsweeper not doing that iHateSpam will.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

"Stephen O'Sullivan" <steve@nospam_noway_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can i install iHateSpam on my SMTP MAILsweeper 4.3 gateway?
>
> Regards,
> Steve

0
Mark
11/21/2003 4:56:44 AM
MAILsweeper doesn't stop Spam......

"Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> I would not do it, I have had nothing but trouble with iHateSpam, what is
> MAILsweeper not doing that iHateSpam will.
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.exchangetrainer.com
> www.msexchange.org
>
> "Stephen O'Sullivan" <steve@nospam_noway_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can i install iHateSpam on my SMTP MAILsweeper 4.3 gateway?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve

0
steve7049 (5)
11/21/2003 9:53:22 AM
I't does if you run your rules right & add activespam (free of charge)

Stephen read this: http://www.clearswift.com/download/products/smtp_as.asp

Peretz

"Stephen O'Sullivan" <steve@nospam_noway_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> MAILsweeper doesn't stop Spam......
>

> "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> > I would not do it, I have had nothing but trouble with iHateSpam, what
is
> > MAILsweeper not doing that iHateSpam will.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Fugatt
> > Microsoft Exchange MVP
> > www.exchangetrainer.com
> > www.msexchange.org
> >
> > "Stephen O'Sullivan" <steve@nospam_noway_dontyoudare.net> wrote in
message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can i install iHateSpam on my SMTP MAILsweeper 4.3 gateway?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Steve

Gateway and Junk SCL blocking
Using one Windows 2003 Server for Exchange 2003 SP2. It is both the Gateway and Mailbox server. What is the proper way to code the blocking of SCL? I was using 8 for both - should I have the Junk blocking set lower? I'm confused - they both read equal to or greater than. If the gateway is blocking 8 and above ( and I archive it) how does the Junk blocking work? Does it not just allow SCL 1-7 to go to the Junk Folderes? Thx ahead. 1. If both thresholds are set at 8 no email will move to Junk as far as IMF is concerned. However emails may still be moved to Junk by the Outlook cl...

GroupWise Gateway Aliases and E2K3 Dirsync
Hello everyone. I’m working in an organization that is running both GroupWise and Exchange 2003, they are every so slowly migrating to Exchange, but it will take a while. What I’ve been asked to do is to route all SMTP e-mail to our domain to Exchange, and let Exchange handle the routing to GroupWise. This works well with one exception, if the GroupWise account has additional gateway aliases assigned (the GroupWise term for additional SMTP addresses), the mail does not get delivered because the contact created by the dirsync process does not include those aliases. I found a technet ...

File level AV in addition to gateway?
On your typical exchange box behind a firewall w/owa access, do you guys consider it a requirement to run file level anti-virus (excluding exchsrv mdbdata folder) as well as Gateway/smtp? Any other folders I should be excluding other than the exchange stores? Thx. tsc if you're going to run file-level AV on an Exchange server (not usually recommended), exclude ALL exchange directories... "TheSingingCat" <meowmeowmeowmeow@meowmeowmeow.com> wrote in message news:419e7504$1_1@news.nucleus.com... > On your typical exchange box behind a firewall w/owa access, do you...

mail gateway help
we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? "=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWU=?=" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EF923D10-571B-42D0-85E3-D45CB9FC2A1C@microsoft.com: > we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out > through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send > mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? > What exactly is your question? What version of exchange are you us...

Gateway for Business Continuity
Hello, I'm running Exchange 2000 (soon to be upgraded to 2003) behind an ISA server. I'm considering setting up a gateway off-site that would route mail to the Exchange Server, or--in case the server goes down or our primary office becomes inaccessible--route mail to a temporary location, such as a gmail account. Do you have any recommendations on doing this? I'd prefer that the gateway be windows-based, but if apps like sendmail, postfix, or qmail are much preferred, I'd be willing to learn to use them. Thanks. M.A. A second gateway can be in your current network segmen...

IMF Gateway blocking configuration
I have the IMF working very well, the only issue I have is when I set up my custom thresholds and actions under "Gateway blocking configuration" they are changed by it self to defaults the next day and I have to be changing them back to my desire settings everyday. Does someone know how to fix this? Thanks Are you on Exchange Server 2003 SP2? Did you have IMF v1 installed earlier by any chance? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Xavier" <Xavier@discussion...

gateway smtp
Hello, I comment my structure: [internet] - [gateway smtp antivirus antispam] - [exchange 2003] All the external mail are sent to the gateway smtp and once analyzed sends them to the my exchange 2003. My exchange 2003 when it sends to an external domains, has a connector that goes to the smtp gateway, analysis the mail and then sends it the addresses. The problem that I have is that when I send a mail among the users of my exchange 2003 organization , the gateway smtp doesn't analyze the mail because it doesn't use the connector to send them toward outbound, Any ideas how to s...

WinXP-Internet Gateway
Hello there, I am running Windows XP SP2. I access the internet via a wireless network (home network). My questions concern the Internet Gateway. There is a lot of info here about the Internet Gateway (and I read all of it that I could find) but really I didn't find the info I wanted, or if it is here, I may be too much of a novice to understand it. When I enable my Wireless Network Connection (in Networks Connection window) the Internet Gateway does one of three things: 1) It shows itself for a short period of time then goes away. 2) It never shows itself. 3) It will ...

SMS Gateway #2
Hi Has anyone reviewed or using a SMS Gateway application in conjunction with Exchange or a standalone product. Need to be able to have email sent as sms's. Thanx Sulaiman Try www.sendxms.com It's a standalone product that works with either a GSM modem, e.g., Siemens MC35, or via a normal modem to dial up your network's SMS Centre. Simple to write a scheduled script using, e.g., PERL, that formats messages in the SMTP drop-queue to the text qfiles format used by SendXMS. Can also receive messages to text qfiles. Runs as a service. Been using it for years, completely reliable, ...

Exch 2003 with Exch 5.5 internet mail gateway
I have a new exchange server 2003, with an exchange server 5.5 running the internet mail gateway. Users with mailboxes on the new exchange 2003 server get mail from the internet up to several hours after it comes in. Is there a way to speed this up? I'm sure that there is because that kind of delay is not normal. But I cannot suggest how you might do that based on the limited information you have posted. I suggest you start by examining the headers of a delayed received message and see if you can determine which hop is delayed. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

IIS SMTP service as anSMTP Gateway to Exchange 5.5
I could use some input on what I am proposing below. Setup: Win2K wiht IIS 5.o SMTP service setup relaying to a NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 box. (this is all working great) I have this setup to allow for Spam and Virus filtering amoung other reasons. Side note: because of things out of my control both oxes are avaible to the internet on some ports POP SMTP RPC etc.. I can't change this. Here's my problem: With this MyDoom virus I have noticed a problem with my present setup. Because I have POP3 users as well. They acccess the back exchange box. We have an A record for it. an...

SMTP Gateway
I have a server installed with MS Exchange 2003 (no mailbox in it) act as a SMTP gateway role in the internal LAN. I wanted to reinstall and reconfigure the SMTP Gateway server. Anyway to backup the configuration so that i can restore the original configuration after reinstall the operating system? Just a bridgehead? There's really not much as far as configuration. If you end to reinstall then either setup a temp ex server that will take it's role while you rebuild or copy down the config. These are going to be settings that you will have to write down and reconfigure after you r...

Exchange Email Gateway
I have a customer that is using Sybari Anti Virus and when running the sample gateway with this virus checker the gateway crashes randomly. I have seen this before and when we exclude the gateway mailbox from the virus checker the problem goes away. Is there a way with Sybari that we can run without excluding the gateway mailbox and not have the gateway randomly crash? Thank you John Sestito On 3 Apr 2006 11:25:12 -0700, "jsestito@quadrantsoftware.com" <jsestito@quadrantsoftware.com> wrote: >I have a customer that is using Sybari Anti Virus and when running the >sampl...

Event 2078
Hello All- Our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server is running on NT4 in an NT4 domain with a bunch of Win2k clients and Win2k servers. It has recently begun logging the following event repeatedly in the Application Log - I can't seem to figure out why. -----begin event viewer excerpt----- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Private Event Category: Transfer Out Of Gateway Event ID: 2078 Date: 1/26/2004 Time: 12:12:10 PM User: N/A Computer: blahblahblah Description: Unable to submit, send or transfer out a message. Check PR_RECIPIENT_NUMBER, PR_RECIPIENT_TYPE, PR_REPORT_TIME. -----en...

windows server 2008r2. Cannot get to my gateway
I have installed 2 new hp servers running Windows 2008 r2 server standard. Neither on will allow me access to the firewall which is a Pix 515. I cannot ping the gateway and receive a " destination host unavailable". I can get to the internet via a proxy server. Is there a security feature in Win 2008r2 server that I need to change in order to get to a gateway device?...

Gateway 510 not loading from CD drive
Ok guys I have a friends computer that had a virus and could not restart just looped back through so I used killdisk on the IDE harddrive. I cannot and could not get the harddrive to load from the CD I have been in BOIS and disabaled everything except the CD drive it would tell me to rebbot and select the boot drive. Well I took the harddrive out of my computer and ran the empty harddrive that had been cleaned with killdisk and and installed the drivers for the gateway and the windows xp when I reinstalled it back into the computer that was damaged I get the blue screen of death th...

Microsoft Project Gateway in Portfolio Server 2007
Hello I have installed Project Server 2007 SP2 with Language Packages SP2, Portfolio Server 2007 with SP2, SQL Server 2005 with SP3. All in one server I have configured the Project Server Gateway with an attribute mapping template. The customs fields that are text and number can sincrhonize OK with Project Server. But the custom fileds that are lookup tables in Project Server can not syncronize with custom fields that are list type in Portfolio Server. I have created simple custom fields with an lookup table but I can´t syncrhonize I dont get any error in event view...

Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
The Exchange Intelligent Message Filter Deployment Guide talks a great deal about the installation of IMF on an Exchange Gateway Server, implying that this Gateway Server needs to be a separate box. It's not at all clear from the documentation whether, in a smaller organisation with a single Exchange Server, it's permissible to install IMF on the SAME server as the Exchange Server software. Could anyone please clarify this? Very many thanks. Harry Goodman Harry Yes, you can install IMF on the Exchange, the object of having a gateway server is so that you dont place more load on...

Exchange 2000 to 2003 with Ciphertrust Ironmail Gateway
I have an Exhange 2000 box. I have setup and configured a new Exchange 2003 box and did go through the proper preparation steps. Both servers are up and running fine. I am now testing out an account that I have moved from the 2000 server to the 2003 server. The move was fine. The main problem is that incoming mail is not being routed or redirected to the new 2003 server. I can send out from this server with no problems. I have looked at the SMTP logs on my 2000 box and it seems that the incoming message is constantly looping between the 2000 server and the Ironmail Gateway appliance w...

SMS Gateway on Exchange 2003
Hi! Is it possible to deploy a SMS Gateway on Exchange 2003 ? If yes, how? Best Regards Mustafa mustafa wrote: > Is it possible to deploy a SMS Gateway on Exchange 2003 ? If yes, how? GFI FaxMaker offers not only fax but also SMS capabilities. So if you need both, this might be worth trying. Just for SMS it's probably too expensive. http://www.gfi.com/faxmaker/ Regards Dirk ...

creating a new page, or gateway...
what i would like to do is be able to create a "gateway" leading to a new page, or new area of the current page when you click on a certain number. is there any way to accomplish this? for example, when i click on a certain cell i'd like it to open up a new page, or bring me down to the bottom of the current page with more information. Hi, You might try a hyperlink. Press Ctrl+K and indicate where you want to go when the cell is clicked. If by "Open a new page" you mean a new worksheet, for that you would need VBA. If you are interested in programming let us ...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

Creating fields like gateways, when met, unlock next step
I am researching how to create "gates" in a database so that when someone initilializes the process filling out a form, they cannot progress beyond a certain point in the process until a specified field is "electronically" signed by the "keyholder" person authorized to approve progression to the next step. The "next step" could be gaining entry into another form or subform. I've not been able to come across anything helpful yet. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance, "Aso" <Aso@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2002
It is very confusing... Every night around 6pm when I try to send an email the 550 not local host xxxxx, not a gateway message appears. Obviously, the message is immediately undeliverable. Does someone have some help or suggestions? Running Windows 2000. Have you called your ISP? Joel wrote: > It is very confusing... Every night around 6pm when I try > to send an email the 550 not local host xxxxx, not a > gateway message appears. Obviously, the message is > immediately undeliverable. > > Does someone have some help or suggestions? Running > Windows 2000. You ...

Smtp gateway recomendations
I need to set up a STMP gateway in our DMZ. I need recommendations. Use SMTP server via IIS? Are there third party SMTP server products I should use instead of just the built in windows smtp server? Are there better solutions? Then I'm going to move AV and anti spam to this box. Second quetion is what sort of hardware would be appropriate. 600 mailboxes between 2 E2k boxes with pretty heavy internet mail traffic. Thanks... Exchange is a good choice for e-mail server, but poor choice for gateway due to security concerns. I use exchange internally, and Postfix (http://www.postfix.or...