IFS File Type Question

We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise
Edition.

Originally, the Information Store was located on the C: drive.  We then
installed a sepearate drive to house the Information Store and the log files
are still written to the C: drive.

In the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory, there are several files
that are 256K each dating back to 11/2003 with a file extension of .IFS.
There are also several of these files dating back to 4/2004 in the
L:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Employee Mailboxes folder on the L: drive where our
information store is located.

Can someone tell me what these files are used for, and can they be deleted?

Thanks,

Brett Gibson
Gibson Teldata, Inc.

SAving temporary files
So I opened a document file from my email and worked on it for awhile. I pressed the save button and the bar in the lower right hand corner saig word is saving wo.doc. But now I cannot find said word document. I have looked in my temporary internet files and cannot find it there. help! Locations shown here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm "emily" <emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B09317D-9AA3-4583-B701-0A0ECC04A430@microsoft.com... > So I opened a document file from my email and worked on it for awhile. I > pre...

COleControl question
Hello there: I have a control server class CMyControl : public COleControl { .... }; And a client of that control that is CMyClient. The client and server are connected using connection points (Advise/UnAdvise). In my CMyControl I don't want to have more than one Sinks of my events. Therefore on any new request for Advise, I want to a. Force UnAdvise of any previous connections to my _DMyControlEvents b. Accept the new Advise Has anyone attempted anything like these? Any suggestions. Please help. Thanks in advance Senthil ...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

RTF UserForm Run-time error question
Hello, I hope someone can help me with an issue I am up against. Our main software program uses RTF formatted documents to create merge documents using the data from the program. We don't have an option, we must use RTF. I have recently been assigned a project to create a large merge document. I have created a UserForm to capture and use some data that is not available in the software program. I want this UserForm to open immediately. I find if I use AutoOpen (set up connected to the document – instead of connected to the Normal.doc) when I try to merge this do...

Initializing a user-defined type
Is there any quick way to initialize such a type when all the elements in it are the same e.g. Public Type typDates Date1 As Date Date2 As Date Date3 As Date Date4 As Date Date5 As Date End Type I'm not sure what you have in mind when you say you want to quickly initialize the elements, but... When you declare a variable as your type, its elements will be initialised to zero (as each element is a date type), as demonstrated by the following example: Public Type typDates Date1 As Date Date2 As Date Date3 As Date Date4 As Date Date5 As Date End Type Publi...

File protection
Someone could tell me how i can add a password when i open a publisher file? Thanks You will need to get a program to do that. EasyFP is one of the best around for not only does it protect you file from intruding eyes, the file can not be deleted without the password. If interested, visit www.tinyurl.com/wifs Software page.Click on a song and enjoy the visit. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Claudio Conti" <claudioconti77@tin.it> wrote in message news:ejYBb.191139$hV.7164184@news2.tin.it... > Someone ...

File dialog custom dialog overlap problem
I'm working with a fairly raw form of OpenFile (because of the VS6 bug that crashes CFileDIalog). I'm adding a custom dialog. I've got all the right styles: child window, no border, 3D Look, Control, and Clip Siblings. I'm using the form of the explorer dialog with the places bar on the left (which is what is desired). The little pair of radio buttons I've added in my separate dialog overlap the "network places" item in the places bar. I've fiddled with this for a while, but decided to stop wasting time and ask the question here. What did I do wrong, or what d...

Can a CSV file created without a delimiting character be "fixed" ?
I have been given an extensive CSV file which has been created without a delimiting character !!! Thus, instead of records in columns in each row, each rows data is merged as a single entry. Unfortunately, the data sets are not applicatble to a "fixed width" method... Any ideas. Many thanks. "=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBJYWNvdm91?=" wrote... >I have been given an extensive CSV file which has been created without a >delimiting character !!! Thus, instead of records in columns in each row, >each rows data is merged as a single entry. Unfortunately, the data sets >are not ap...

invalid OLE parameter type (vc++)
Hi all, I have an MFC app. I added an Automation Method via the ClassWizard which put this code in the .h file: afx_msg short dxOpen(); Then I added a parameter: afx_msg short dxOpen(CString* fName); Now when I try to go back to the ClassWizard, I get a parsing error: --- Parsing Error: "CString*" is not a valid OLE parameter type Input line: "afx_msg short dxOpen(CString* fName);" -- Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks J. J, The KB-article Q139072 details the acceptable parameter types for OLE automation. As the automation interface can be called from a nu...

Newbie: Start Typing not a full replace??
I tried to get the answer via Google...but nothing was coming up right. When I click on a cell in my worksheet and start typing it automatically replaces the text that currently exists. Is there a way (without having to double-click or go up to the top entry line) for me to quickly be able to start "adding" to what already exists? TIA -- ***************************** Bruce Duncan Director, Application Development Web Outsource, Inc. Hit F2 and start typing. Bruce D wrote: > > I tried to get the answer via Google...but nothing was coming up right. > When I click ...

Excel file size too big
I use Excel to pefom V-Lookups. After I have completed my V-lookup & resaved my file it's size jumps from 43KB to 5.16MB. There are no external lkins as I have pasted my values. I have all upgardes to Excel. I have been working the same way for a couple if years & this has just started happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? -- Brook Perhaps performing some steps to reduce the file size might lead you toward a permanent solution. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshoot_your_workbook_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.c...

How do I insert a Publisher file into a Publisher document?
I edit a newsletter in Publisher. I've created a personal ad I want to insert into the newsletter but can't figure out how to do it. I can't seem to save the Publisher ad as a JPEG (that would be TOO easy!) and I can't open the Publisher ad with Photoshop. HELP!! Thanks, Cindy This is possible, but we need to know which version of Publisher you are using. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "an indigo mom" <an indigo mom@discussions.mic...

works 4.5 files to 2002 Excel
How do you convert Works 4.5 files so they can be used in excel? I have Excel 2002 In Works 5 there are various Excel options under File -- Save As -- (Save As Type). V4.5 shouldn't be much different. Rgds, Andy ...

Data Type Issue in Linked Excel Table
Hello, I have a table in acess that links to an excel spreadsheet. I have a field "Comments" that is a memo field, and all the text in that field shows up when i open up the linked spreadsheet in excel. Yet when i view that same linked data in access, the field is cut off even though it's specified as a memo. Looking at the data format of the "Comments" field in the linked table in access, i see that the data type for that field is @. I take this out, and i then see all the text in that field! The problem is, that it will NOT save that way...the @ s...

Eseutil utility Defrag question
I'm about to run a defrag, so what I was wondering how long does it generally take (average time)? My priv1.edb is about 12 GB. I'm trying to plan a good time to do this. Thanks. It really depeads on your hardware and is hard to say. I would plan for at least 4 hours just to be safe and set resonable expectations for downtime. Any particular reason why you want to run it? "HockeyMullet" wrote: > I'm about to run a defrag, so what I was wondering how long does it generally > take (average time)? My priv1.edb is about 12 GB. I'm trying to plan a goo...

Poor quality of photos inserted as files
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had an ongoing problem with random poor quality of photos inserted into Word documents as files. The photos appear normal in the document on the display, but half of the time when they are printed, they look like they have a resolution of 50 dpi. This problem has occurred using several different printers, both laser and ink jet. The problem does not appear consistently. I have tried to massage the photos with Photoshop Elements but that has no effect. I end up having to print the photo pages in the documen...

Access File MDB to EXE
Hello, i have a mdb file and i like run this file like a executable file (EXE). This is possible? Thanks HF (Newsgroups trimmed. Please restrict to a max of 3 relevant newsgroups.) No. An Access database ALWAYS needs MSAccess.exe to run it. This can be either the full-version of Access or the run-time version which can be distributed royalty-free with your Access database if you have the license for the Microsoft Office Developer edition (varying names depending on Access versions). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "H�lder Fernandes" <hf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message...

Importing Btrieve files to Excel
Can someone tell me an easy way to import btrieve files into Excel? Advise, Thanks Take a look at BtSearch at www.nssdd.com. It will export the btrieve data to dbase or ascii which can then be imported into Excel. Gil "Wally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<16d601c3b845$17182b60$3101280a@phx.gbl>... > Can someone tell me an easy way to import btrieve files > into Excel? > > Advise, > Thanks Thanks Gill. >-----Original Message----- >Take a look at BtSearch at www.nssdd.com. It will export the btrieve >data t...

IMAP Questions & Issues (Outlook XP)
I am running a UW IMAP server on my linux computer and am using that to check my email. I am checking 2 IMAP accounts on there, each with maybe 10 mailboxes. I use Procmail to forward mail into some of those mailboxes, so new mail may appear in boxes other than the Inbox. I have a couple questions and issues with Outlook. I've looked around but haven't been able to find solutions to these questions yet: 1. I don't consistently get notification of new email in folders other than the inbox. Is there a way to do this? 2. Outlook hangs up OFTEN on me. It will either hang up wit...

Save file macro
I have made a macro that saves a file with the word 'new' appended to the end of the filename. However examining the macro shows that it is therefore unique to that filename. How would I change it so that when I attach the new macro to a button (which I can handle) it will attach 'new' to the existing file regardless of the filename? Or is there a better way of achieving my objective? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian Tozer wrote: Problem solved. Return to your Xmas pudding. Brian Tozer ...

Passing a C++ 6.0 MFC File stream into a Visual Basic 6.0 dll func
Hello All, I am stuck trying to find a way to open a file in a C++ MFC application (using a stream), write data into it, then call a Visual Basic dll function and pass to it the file stream (or a file stream pointer or a file handle somehow) so that the VB dll functions can write their own data into the same open file. The problem is that Visual Basic 6.0 has no such thing as a file stream. There might be a way to do this using COM, but I do not know much about COM. Are there any guru's reading this that know a way I can pass a stream for an open file back and forth between MFC C...

SORTING question
Hi. I'm using MS XP (Home) and MS Excel 2003, and I'm just learning how to use the program, so please bear with me (what follows below is a little long-winded). I recently imported a very large Access database file into Excel. This file has five columns, and one of them is a KeyID column (numbering 1 to 60,000). I will be sorting this Excel Sheet frequently, but I need to maintain the exact (original) order of the file for reasons I won't go into here. I will sort the Sheet, make some changes, then sort on the KeyID column to return to the original order (which starts a...

Transfering files from a dead system
OK my laptop mb died, the disk is ok. I have a new desktop that I wish to run Money on. I can read the disk from my laptop. The $64 question is, how do I import the files from the dead machines disk? If I just need to copy files and then run import, what files do I copy off of the old drive? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=109. The site is down at the moment--I'll go work with the hosting company to figure that out. In short, get the .MNY data file(s). No import. Just File|Open once you've reinstalled Money from a CD or similar. "OldBored" <OldBored@discussi...

What to Ask and How to Answer Questions
First, Happy New Year to everyone here!!!! This isn't my business and I'm not naming names but sometimes people offer very snippy, sarcastic or nasty responses when answering sincere questions from clueless people. Yes, I know they're clueless, but they're here for help in what looks like a Microsoft sanctioned newsgroup, and they should be treated with respect. They are here because they don't know the answers. One suggestion is to finally write that FAQ we've discussed that has the answers to the 10 top questions and simply refer the questioner to the answer: ...

Merging a CSV and XLS file automatically
Hi, I have a csv fles on the network derive that is being updated every night. I need to automatically put the CSV data into the first worksheet of another XLS file and make it available for users. I can have a scheduled task runs and merge the CSV into the XLS file. What would be the easiest/automated way to do that? Thank you, Max Sounds like you need an auto_open macro in your workbook which you are opening as a scheduled task. -- mrice Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience --------------------------------------------------------...