I would think this would be easy to fix. Can you help?

I have what I believe to be an easy problem here for
somebody that knows Exchange a little better than I.

I have two Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Servers.
When I am in Active Directory Users And Computers - at the
point where it asks if I want to create a mail account for
the user, it's default is the wrong mail server (because
it's listed in alphabetical order).
How can I change it so that the second mail server will be
the default that all new mailboxes will be stored on?

Thanks!

I don't think you can change that...the servers/databases will appear in
alphabetical order...

"Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote in message
> I have what I believe to be an easy problem here for
> somebody that knows Exchange a little better than I.
>
> I have two Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Servers.
> When I am in Active Directory Users And Computers - at the
> point where it asks if I want to create a mail account for
> the user, it's default is the wrong mail server (because
> it's listed in alphabetical order).
> How can I change it so that the second mail server will be
> the default that all new mailboxes will be stored on?
>
> Thanks!

0
susan7353 (1225)
9/27/2004 2:07:48 PM
OK - So if it's not possible, what steps can I take to
remove this as an exchange server and make it an
administration console only for the other server?

You would need to remove Exchange from the server, then reinstall just the
ESM on that server...if it was the first one you installed, see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931&Product=exch2003

> OK - So if it's not possible, what steps can I take to
> remove this as an exchange server and make it an
> administration console only for the other server?

0
susan7353 (1225)

Can't Read downloaded Transactions from Bank Money 2002
1. Download a QIF file for an account 2. The transactions are there but don't show 3. Cannot delete the statement 4. When go to repair the Money file get Error report and go out of Money. 5. In Windows 2000 In microsoft.public.money, Brendan wrote: >1. Download a QIF file for an account >2. The transactions are there but don't show >3. Cannot delete the statement >4. When go to repair the Money file get Error report and go out of Money. >5. In Windows 2000 Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->Del...

How about IRS tax preparation form that helps prepare refunds. #2
IRS tax preparation form will help in preparing taxes by showing federal and state refunds, as well as a section for itemizing and deductables. Gives you a break down of your taxes whether you are single, married or a student. ...

Help to edit (bold, colour etc) words in a text box created by control toolbox
Hi. How do i format txt inside a txt box -i.e. make certain words bold or different colour, use bulet points or spell checks etc? I have a fixed size txt box with horizontal scroll bars in a daily excel report/ log. Cells available for txt input is at a premium hence my option to have fixed size txt box with scrolls. Problem is that we have lost abillity to highlight a few key words/ sections within this txt box by using bold or coloured txt & bullet points. Also, a spell check is desirable but none of these features are active for the txt box part of the excel doc. Is there a way aro...

can imap and html email be received at in personal inbox?
i am trying to receive hotmail and a work imap into one inbox. No success so far. any suggestions? No can do since IMAP & HTTP mail accounts get delivered to their own PST files not a common one. "G" wrote: > i am trying to receive hotmail and a work imap into one inbox. No success so > far. any suggestions? ...

I need help with formula...
My formula isn't working... :( =IF((F23+J28)-F29)<>80,"The Total does not equal 80 Hours. Is this Correct?",(F23+J28)-F29)) What am I missing? Or have I added something that shouldn't be there? I am adding to cells, and then subtracting one. I want the Total cell to equal what it is, but if it's not equal to 80, then to display the message from above. My syntax has to be bad... Any help is appreciated! THANK YOU!!!!! -- Michael T M Try this one: =IF((F23+J28)-F29<>80,"The Total does not equal 80 Hours. Is this Correct?",(F23+J28)-F2...

Can receive but not send using Outlook 2007 beta
I am using the Outlook 2007 beta. I can receive all my email fine. When I send email out, it looks like it's sending okay, but it never gets delivered to the recipients. This has been occurring just the last few days. And it's not just Yahoo that I have a problem with. No one using ANY ISP is getting my mail. Help!!! Any errors? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/ou...

need help with an interesting chart
Excel 2007 - I have a hard copy of a chart I need to recreate, but I don't know how it was created. It looks like a normal data table, but the columns all show a weighted bar along with the text. The bars represent the percentage of each item compared to the total of that column. Anyone familiar with this kind of chart? Is it a 100% stacked column chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ jwhigham wrote: > Excel 2007 - I have a hard copy of a chart I need to recreate, but I don't > know how it was created. It looks like a ...

Combo box help 05-03-07
I would like to use a combo box in a form so the user can select a year to be used as the search criteria for a group of records. I want the resulting records to be used in an update query. Thanks, Larry B. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 ...

Help needed for Macro
Please help im not an expert it would be gratefully appreciated. What would like to do is run a macro from excel and then get som information from a website and bring the info back to excel. Example An Employee number is in excel then go to our website look up th information of our employee and copy it all back to excel and the repeat the process. First of all can this be done?I also need a paus while is searches for the information. Once again thanks for you help. Much App Uns: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Please don't multipost your question. See possible ans...

Calling all Exchange Gods (Help mass importing contacts into E2k3)
Hello, Anybody know if there is a simple way to import contacts in to AD from a CSV file? I would like to import about 2000 contacts into the Exchange 2003 GAL but don't want to do it manually. Any help would be great. Thanks Hanif The following article will step you through the process: 327620 HOW TO: Use Csvde to Import Contacts and User Objects into Active http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327620 -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail ...

Why can't I see fonts in color as I compose in Office 2003?
My new computer arrived preloaded with Office 2003 - a fair jump from Office 97 - but I am unable to view fonts in color as I compose. This is also the case in Outlook Express 6. Print Preview works in Publisher, Word, etc. but email is impossible! I can only be sure of what I'm sending if I send to myself first. Can anyone help? TIA Judy Outlook Express is not an Office product. Look at the internal settings in Outlook Express. (Options). You might try installing Office 2003 via the control panel, there well could be elements that your computer company did not install. Scroll...

hyperlink help
i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game for a study reference and i need to know if i can set up a hyperlink that will go to a random set of slides instead of only to one slide then to the next. so what i am getting at is how do i randomize the game so when i hit play it is not just one set of questions cause i have over 200 questions but only know how to set up 15 of them. and also once i save the game and quit once i re-open the slideshow all my hyperlinks dissappear. can some one help. On 2/24/10 6:34 PM, zack wrote: > i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game ...

Help needed with formulas
Hi I need help with some formulas in a worksheet which records, over 16 weeks, all performances of an athlete while highlighting any improvements on their previous best and awards 1 point,and also collects 2 points for each weeks attendance. The total of which will be used for trophies and certificates. Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 Wk4 PB 100m 22.36 22.31 23.28 23.07 22.31 longjump 1.68 1.68 1.85 DNF 1.85 Totals Improve 0 1 1 0 4 Attend 2 2 2 2 8 The improvement of wk4 only equals an improvement if it was better than personal best not if it was just an improvement on the previous week.Is this the...

Is there an easy way to copy my Intuit Quicken files to Excel?
I just want to copy my Quicken records to an Excel file? Is there an easy way to do this? try here http://tinyurl.com/buop6 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kelowna" <Kelowna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DCD2789-DBDC-449B-AB8D-55191399ECFB@microsoft.com... > I just want to copy my Quicken records to an Excel file? Is there an easy > way to do this? Kelowna What format are the Quicken files? I don't use Quicken, but there may be an "Export to" feature or a File>Save as Type. Excel can handle *.txt and *.cs...

Can I temporarily elevate my program?
Sorry, this is the first day I've been trying to understand Vista security, so I'm probably going to ask a lot of questions using the wrong jargon (grin) ... The situation is this. I have an MFC application under Visual C++ 6. Porting it to a newer version of Visual Studio is not an option, I tried and it required so many changes to the app to get it to compile that the QA department (correctly) said these changes would require a complete QA cycle of every single feature, and we don't have time for that right now. The program is composed of several EXEs, and one of the fea...

Can I imbed a Word Document into an Excel Workbook?
I am trying to make a reporting package seamless for printing and binding by inserting a Word Document (with text, headers, footers and a few charts) directly into a workbook (ie. having it's own tab). If this is not possible, anything that will produce the same results of having the Word doc info in the spreadhseet would be helpful. What version of Word and Excel are you using? "ChyTown1017" wrote: > I am trying to make a reporting package seamless for printing and binding by > inserting a Word Document (with text, headers, footers and a few charts) > directly...

Excel 2000 help please
I have Excel 2003 and have created a spreadsheet for someone using Excel 2000. In xl2003 within Tools/Protection there are tick box options for Select locked cells, Select Unlocked cells etc.etc. Was this something introduced in xl2003 or was it still available in xl2000? I have set protection and ticked unlocked cells only. The person I sent the spreadsheet to said he could access all cells even though he couldn't enter information in the proteced cells. I don't have access to xl2000 Within worksheet protection was "selecting unlocked cells only" avai...

why i can't change my hotmail personal infomation ?
who can tell me why i can't change my hotmail personal infomation ? Why ask us? Ask hotmail? This is an MFC forum, not a hotmail forum! On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:50:37 +0800, "westlake" <westlake2008@hotmail.com> wrote: >who can tell me why i can't change my hotmail personal infomation ? > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Come on, Joe, be flexible! I suppose that if some poor soul wanted to know a good recipe for buttermilk pancakes, you'd point him to rec....

ACCESS DATABASE HELP
I need some advice and help on this topic, I have created a database in MS ACCESS, is there anyway I can convert this database into a file that can be accessed by anyone regardless of whether they have MS ACCESS or not? please help Thanks Princy You can export the data to a text file, by using the TransferText action in a macro. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <princy_varghese@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163678517.784314.177630@m73g20...

Can a high speed USB Audio device work on XP?
Dear friend: Can a high speed USB Audio device work on XP? -- Sincerely Yours, --------------------------------------- there is no program. skip this issue. "Kai Lidda" wrote: > Dear friend: > > Can a high speed USB Audio device work on XP? > > > -- > Sincerely Yours, > > --------------------------------------- > Kai Lidda <KaiLidda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Can a high speed USB Audio device work on XP? Yes, exactly as they do on Vista and Win 7. They work fine, as long as you don'...

dual Y axis help
I've read over some of these threads. However, I cannot seem to find something that can help me out. Here's what I'm looking to do: I need a 2 Y-Axis bar chart. The left Y-Axis=revenue, the right Y-axis=% of revenue. The X-axis is the country im referring to. What I need to see visually is Revenue being shown, and within the Revenue bar 3 smaller bars representing 3 different Operating expenses(% of revenue format). Is this possible? Am I clear? I just need a bar chart within a bar chart with 2 y-axis. Thanks. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page for links to cluster/stacked ...

can I use windows live as my default email program?
I don't want to use Outlook as my default email program. am I able to change the default setting? Thanks. You posted to a newsgroup that supports the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database. You'll probably have more luck getting a response if you post to a Windows or an Outlook newsgroup. (you might try using the Tools/Internet Options tab of your internet browser software. Some versions allow you to specify your default email program there.) Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and servi...

Help Urgently needed
hello ! I am working on an assignment and have met very serious problem when working in EXCEL. The thing is that up to this point my knowledge was enough but not now. I hope you can help me get around this problem. Here it is. I attached an image wiCh shows the place of interest on the worksheet. 1.using some logical functions i have produced a list of "commands" In text form side by side with price values. They are SELL, BUY, KEEP. 2.I need to make a formula which can substract the values in the CURRENT BUY or SELL spots from the PREVIOUS SELL and BUY cells. The results of such subs...

can Live Automatically send mail ?
Hi Newsgroup I have the AVM!Fritz Answeringmachine-software, which can send emails when there is a message. But I can't add an smtp-server in the options of the programm, I think it works like if I click on mailto: A mail is created, but there is a window whicht I have to click OK. That is not the sense of the answering machine, it should send the message automatically Can I stop the OK-Window ? Best regards Thomas I found my solution - there are more options (security) where I can stop it, I look in the normal options only Thomas "Thomas Keller"...

Can't receive mail when away from home
OK i have Charter as my isp i use outlook 2007 when i am home i can send and receive just fine. if i go to my office or anywhere else i can receive but can not send a email. i just had another email setup on my outlook and it works fine. i called charter and they had me check my in and out going setting and said sorry it's a microsoft issue to contact them. i really don't see how this could be a microsoft issue when the other email account works just fine. HELP PLEASE!!!! -- intogolf Charter won't let you relay mail through their server when you're not co...