I want to allow mail forwarding for another domain

I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external
contact/email.

Only the users added to the "Accept messages from" are able to send
mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it
forwards properly.

When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward.

I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from.

I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Gruen
0
eg252 (2)

What you're observing is by design because external mail isn't
authenticated.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"eg252" <eg252@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external
> contact/email.
>
> Only the users added to the "Accept messages from" are able to send
> mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it
> forwards properly.
>
> When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward.
>
> I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from.
>
> I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Gruen

0
curspice1 (113)
4/28/2004 5:55:38 AM
eg252 wrote:

> I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external
> contact/email.
>
> Only the users added to the "Accept messages from"

Remove everybody from there.

> are able to send
> mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it
> forwards properly.
>
> When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward.
>
> I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from.
>
> I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Gruen

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/28/2004 7:46:32 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.net> wrote in message news:<u7YS0VOLEHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> What you're observing is by design because external mail isn't
> authenticated.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange

So how can i setup to have all external mail reaching a user automatically forward

> "eg252" <eg252@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external
> > contact/email.
> >
> > Only the users added to the "Accept messages from" are able to send
> > mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it
> > forwards properly.
> >
> > When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward.
> >
> > I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from.
> >
> > I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Gruen
0
eg252 (2)

e-mail banners
Hi, I am look for a way of adding a mail disclaimer to all out bound mail traffice on Exchange 2000. I could add it manually to my users mail signature but would rather have something that was done on an enterprise level. Any suggestion would be greatfully recieved. Thanks. Barry For something done on the enterprise level, you really ought to look at disclaimer software. Google for Exchange Disclaimer or something like that, and you should see several different software vendors that can do this. Or, if you want something cheap, look at GFI MailEssentials. I've heard that you ca...

e-mail attachments-videos
I'm running Vista, and I've recently ran into a problem. I've always normally been able to open up my attachments that are videos by the usual double click, a futher window pops up to Open, indicating that it'll open up using Windows Media Player, I clicked on Open and it would begin. Now when I do the aforementioned and the window comes up and I click on open, it begins playing, however to view it I have to click on the icon Windows Media Player before the actual e-mail will disappear and the video is able to be viewed. Why would this have just occurred, has ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Publisher Mail Merge via DDE?
I usually use Word for my mail merges, in which I connect to my data source via DDE. I am merging a lot of numbers with special formatting (percentages and dollars) and need to retain that formatting in my document. I need to use Publisher for one of my documents, but there does not appear to be an option to connect to my Excel spreadsheet via DDE. So, the formatting on my numbers is all screwed up. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! I found an answer to my own question in a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/1afe33ff0644c701/b0...

CRM 3 won't allow login
Gah! A number of errors here... running 3.0SBE on SBS2003 Premium. Had to install and reinstall numerous times before reaching this point (with still some way to go). 1) SQL Reporting Services didn't load server component as ASP.NET 1.1 wasn't installed. It is. As is ASP.NET 2.0 2) Loading default.aspx comes up with "Authentication Error: CRM could not log you onto the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and you have been assigned at least one security role." I can't login to Deployment Manager under the Admin login. the error here is that "the server h...

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

how do i get "click on" in recieved e mails to work
WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO CAUSE THE "CLICK ON" TO GO TO THE INTENDED WEB SITES. WJONES1122 <WJONES1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER > WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET > EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO > CAUSE THE "CLICK ON...

Mail Merge from Access with datasource being a password protected
I have an Access application distributed to users of Office 2003 and Office 2007 via a runtime front end. The application needs to trigger a Mail Merge which will use query results in back end, which is protected by a password. I have coded in VB to cope with this in an Office 2007 environment - but when running with Office 2003 Word is asking for the data source when initially opening the mail merge document from Accesss; when opened directly it does not ask for the data source and when responding with "No" to the SQL prompt it opens fine. Can anyone help? My code...

Unable to sentd email to certain domains...
recently, we had an incident where we were unable to send email to a particualr domain. We kept getting NDR's from anything sent to that domain. After calling this comany and talking to their tech support guys, they informed me that they had to place our public IP address in their hosts file to resolve the issue and the problem stems from teh fact that they have implemented measures to reduce SPAM which involves requiring a reverse DNS lookup to be successful from every domain they receive mail from. SInce ours was unsuccessful (due to a problem with our public IP provider), we kept gettin...

GP 9.0 should allow to pin the drop down like in 7.5
I would like to have the ability to pin down the drop down's in GP 9.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=14f8fd0c-6996-4412-8ddc-1ac7c5d6b45a&dg=micro...

Font changes when pasting into another doc
I have two docs created originally in Word 2000, and I am using Office 2007. The docs are in compatibility mode. When I copy a selection that has two different fonts from one doc to the other doc, the whole selection changes to the font/style that is in the selection point. (I have a list of paragraphs, each preceded by some symbols in a proprietary font, i.e.  Your car has ...;  Try toothpaste ...;  This flower is ...; etc. Each paragraph has a line following with a series of ******** which are center aligned for looks) In trying to copy a selection from...

Make Exchagne 2000 reject invalid mail
How can I make Exchange 2000 work just like sendmail, where it rejects invalid recipients during the SMTP protocol? Event Sink? Any Ideas??? Rod lazyadmin wrote: > How can I make Exchange 2000 work just like sendmail, where it rejects > invalid recipients during the SMTP protocol? > > Event Sink? > > Any Ideas??? > > Rod You can do this in E2003, but see if ORF from www.vamsoft.com looks like it might fit your needs & your budget (it's inexpensive). You can't. There may be some 3rd party products that can integrate or query AD for the list of v...

Mail Merge 06-17-07
Im creating a database for someone and i want to be able to do a mail merge. I have various tables with the information and can do a query to obtain a table of the relevant data, i have a word document with fields setup, such as client name etc. I want the database to have a form with a button that will create the letters and open word with the data filled in so the client can check the letters and just click print if they are ok. I cant seem to find much that shows how to best do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Im using access 2007 Thanks ...

I want to enter a customer # and retreive their data
How do I retreive data, which I've entered, from another worksheet when I enter a code or # that is specific to that data? Assuming you have a yable and the data is set up like code1 value value etc code2 value value etc and so on then you can use =VLOOKUP(C1,Sheet2!A2:C50,2,0) where C1 is the typed in lookup value (code) and A2:C50 the table and this particular formula will return the value from column 2 lookup VLOOKUP in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Nothwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com remove ^^ from email "It is a good thing to fol...

e-mail
I cant get my e-mails sent or received b/c Im not sure what the hell im doing! I triedIMAP but that didnt wk. Now I dont no how to change the setting or what to change it too? -- Always & Forever Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "branmuffin30" <branmuffin30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CEDAA0-F4E5-4A7B-9C...

how to make postcards for mass mailing?
I have blank postcards from post office and wish to put a message on the postcard for mass mailing. Has anyone done this before? If so, how did you do it? Create the appropriate size page, type the stuff on it, put the cards in the printer, print. "lilfrogr" <lilfrogr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010B8A1F-5309-4C36-9A49-64CFE1B1F6C7@microsoft.com... :I have blank postcards from post office and wish to put a message on the : postcard for mass mailing. Has anyone done this before? If so, how did you do : it? For individual cards, if yo...

Extracting Values on one list and not another
I obtained a formula from www.cpearson.com for extracting values on one list and not another. I put 16717 rows of part numbers in cells A2:A16717. I put another list of part numbers in cells B2:B16717. I entered the formula =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$16717,B2)=0,B2,"") into cell C2 and used the fill corner to enter the formula in C cells down to C16717. (which it the one from the web site) Shouldnt I be getting the values that on on the B cell list but not in the A cell list? Seems like I was, ( had to keep putting new numbers in the B cell list over and over to get a new extracte...

Excel 2 Word 2 OE 2 Mail
To: microsoft.public.excel.ne Hi, Re: Excel 2 Word 2 OE 2 Mail Merge I am not good at clearly explaining myself or anyone else's self. I use Office 2007 Proff but not as a pro ( NOVICE ). I have a list of names with address, phone, etc. in an EXCEL file. I would like to add all that INFO to 2 places; OE 6.x Address Book ; and also Word 2007. Then it needs to be changed into a DATABASE format to run a mail merge and print tri fold brochures with each different name and address from Word 2007. Also if you know how to run an "EMAIL" mail merge to send each Name an em...

mailing list transpose help
I have a flat text file that looks like this Mr and Mrs Smith 19 Elm Street Boston, Ma 01231 Mark Hanson Kathy Elmstead 13 sycamore drive Bolston Mt 91320 Mark and Linda Everett 342 Pine Street Austin, Tx 53221 it goes on for about 500 entries I'd love to get it into this format Mr and Mrs Smith 19 Elm Street Boston Ma 01676 etc any clever ideas thanks Lowell Lowell To get into 3 or 4 columns per address. Remember!! Always experiment on a copy of the sheet or book. Public Sub AddressSort() last = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Coun...

How do I setup the read mail icon in internet explorer
Hi all, This may be the wrong place to post but I can't seem to find a support site for outlook web mail. We are using OWA as our email program along with our exchange 2010 server. (we are not using a local copy of outlook). We have a program that has a link so that you can click on it within the program and send email. (like the read mail icon in internet explorer). Can someone tell me how to setup under the control panel mail icon for it to use owa. If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them. Thank you. ...

Messages don't reach certain domains
There are certain domains to which we try to send e-mails but they don't reach and we don't get Non-Delivery report. The only reason I found in Microsoft Knowledge Base was that we might be blocked because of the possibility of our server being set by mistake to Relay and might be used for spamming. I tried the test published by Micorsoft, but found that our server is not relaying, so this cannot be the reason of not being able to send to these domains. Do you have any idea? what can I do in such a case? It is very cruicial for us. Thank you, do you have a REV PTR set up. Your IS...

Is it possible to unsend a message in Windows Mail?
I sent two messages accidently when I initially set up my Windows Mail account. The first message was before I called my ISP (internet service provider). I should have checked to see if the first message went through before writing another message, but, alas, I didn't. Is there a way to unsend the first message if the individual I sent it to didn't open the message? Any information would be appreciated. -- Let''s be pleasant, merry, and love one another. "GaryTheGreat" <GaryTheGreat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30920F7A...

Mail Merge Wrong Information
Several times I have used mail merge for labels. The information being merged is incorrect. It is putting the wrong employee id's on labels. Why is this happening? When I go back to check the database the information is correct, but incorrectly being merged. My guess would be a «Next Record» field in the wrong place. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "W. Martin" <W. Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92BCBAF-4F00-4ABB-ACD7-9ECC2D385758@microsoft.com...

Error sending e-mail #2
I can receive but not send e-mails. Getting message: The message could not be sent because it rejected you as the sender. Server Response '550 5.0.5 Access denied'. (Account: 'MDA mail', SMTO Server: 'smtp.mdainsurance.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc78). This is happening on more than one e-mail account, and I suspect something happened to my Outlook. Sounds like a relaying error. The following article describes the concept of "relaying", why your ISP is blocking your messages, and what you can do about it: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.a...