I really need help

This just started yesturday.  We have Exchange 2003 and it has been running
for 2 years.  This only happens to internal users as well.  All external
email is being recieved.  If I send an email to a local user using there full
email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce message
below.  However if I send the email to the same person, but select them out
of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address.  They get the
email.  I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they include the
domain name.

Here is the bounce message.....

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

      John A Croft (John.Croft@jjbedmonton.com) on 01/03/2007 9:15 AM
            The message could not be delivered because the recipient's
destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and
try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the
email system of the recipient.
            <hermes.jjbedmonton.com #5.1.2>

so you're saying if you type in the user's smtp address, it does not resolve
to the mailbox?  normal behaviour is for the smtp address to resolve to the
mailbox name if you execute a ctrl K...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Daniel Kaliel" <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This just started yesturday.  We have Exchange 2003 and it has been
> running
> for 2 years.  This only happens to internal users as well.  All external
> email is being recieved.  If I send an email to a local user using there
> full
> email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce message
> below.  However if I send the email to the same person, but select them
> out
> of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address.  They get
> the
> email.  I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they include the
> domain name.
>
> Here is the bounce message.....
>
> The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
>
>      John A Croft (John.Croft@jjbedmonton.com) on 01/03/2007 9:15 AM
>            The message could not be delivered because the recipient's
> destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address
> and
> try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to
> the
> email system of the recipient.
>            <hermes.jjbedmonton.com #5.1.2>

0
sconkey (3059)
3/1/2007 5:46:48 PM
Exactly.  It does not resolve to the local mailbox.

I have found out a further piece to the puzzle.  If I open up there contact
card in Contacts, and change there email address to type SMTP from EX, then
the email works.

In news:EA3C03D0-B734-4C65-A6C6-6523B368CD74@microsoft.com,
Daniel Kaliel <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Exactly.  It does not resolve to the local mailbox.
>
> I have found out a further piece to the puzzle.  If I open up there
> contact card in Contacts, and change there email address to type SMTP
> from EX, then the email works.

Your Outlook clients should all be set to look up addresses first in the
GAL, and *then* in any other contacts folders. That's how it works by
default, so someone may have changed this.

> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> so you're saying if you type in the user's smtp address, it does not
>> resolve to the mailbox?  normal behaviour is for the smtp address to
>> resolve to the mailbox name if you execute a ctrl K...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Daniel Kaliel" <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:B2FEA7C7-0839-4ED8-BE17-EE5EA457FCB9@microsoft.com...
>>> This just started yesturday.  We have Exchange 2003 and it has been
>>> running
>>> for 2 years.  This only happens to internal users as well.  All
>>> external email is being recieved.  If I send an email to a local
>>> user using there full
>>> email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce
>>> message below.  However if I send the email to the same person, but
>>> select them out
>>> of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address.
>>> They get the
>>> email.  I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they
>>> include the domain name.
>>>
>>> Here is the bounce message.....
>>>
>>> The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
>>>
>>>      John A Croft (John.Croft@jjbedmonton.com) on 01/03/2007 9:15 AM
>>>            The message could not be delivered because the
>>> recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please
>>> check the address and
>>> try again, or contact your system administrator to verify
>>> connectivity to the
>>> email system of the recipient.
>>>            <hermes.jjbedmonton.com #5.1.2>

0
lanwench (7567)
3/1/2007 6:18:54 PM
Why are your internal users contacts?

Can you go into more detail about your configuration, and how users access
their mailboxes?

Oliver

> I have found out a further piece to the puzzle.  If I open up there
> contact
> card in Contacts, and change there email address to type SMTP from EX,
> then
> the email works.

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

Need Help Charting Data
I have data in the following format: 10-05-04 395032 33757864 10-05-04 394656 33757864 10-05-04 394704 33757664 10-05-04 385544 33740816 10-05-04 431360 33795440 10-05-04 419656 33798832 10-05-04 403472 33768480 10-05-04 447864 33843624 How nice. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mzafar" <mzafar.1f7v1b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mzafar.1f7v1b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I have data in the following format: > > 10-05-04 395032 33757864 > 10-05-04 394656 33757864 > 10-05-04 394704 33757664 > 10-05-04 385544 33740816 &g...

HELP! Voided Check Improperly Done
Our new AP manager has voided a posted check in Bank Transaction Entry, ignoring the warning/suggestion to do the void in Payables Management. She made me aware of this because she went to print a replacement check and the invoice is already fully applied from the voided check. What's the best way to fix this so that we can unapply the voided payment, print a new check, and apply the new payment to the original invoice? I'm in a jam here! Thank you one and all for any and all replies! Sorry for the alarm. I recreated the situation in the test company, and then voi...

Help with CHTMLView and Session
I have an MFC application that incorporates a browser in one of its views using CHTMLView. We have a company website that this view navigates to. On this website, people log in and download stuff (at least in IE they do). When they login, a session gets associated with their process. If they click on a link to download a file, the HTML is such that it causes another window to open up (IE in this case). Because IE is a different process, the session isn't valid for him, so he gets an error that the page isn't available. I found that if I override OnNewWindow2 and perform the...

Cert needed for Active Sync?
Some documentation I read mentions that there must be a certificate loaded onto the handheld device for use with Exchange ActivSync. Is this true even though I have one on the server from verisign that we use for OWA? SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Some documentation I read mentions that there must be a certificate loaded >onto the handheld device for use with Exchange ActivSync. Is this true even >though I have one on the server from verisign that we use for OWA? No . . . unless the PDA doesn't trust Verisign. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, ...

Need to do a fancy string copy plus

Document Help
I need to make a document that somoene can fill out on their computer to send back to me. Is there a place that I can hire someone to do this for me? I cant figure out how to do it. Email me dominospizza@mindspring.com Before you give up, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "PALZ!" <PALZ! @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

DataSet and XML help
I have to write a small webservice. This webserive will run a query and look for some rows fro oracle database and return rows in the form of XML. What i did was, i executed the SQL query with "For XML " format and everything works fine. This XML gets loaded in the dataset. Can anyone help me now to create a another node and add it to the exiting nodes from the dataset for each row and this node should be the parent node. Another thing if the query returns nothing, i mean zero rows, i want to return some kind of error node from the web method. How can i create XML error node and...

Don't want multiple .pdfs! Help!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I wrote and even published a "dummy" copy of a book with lulu.com Now, I'm trying to edit the book. I've created a .pdf probably over 25 times with no problems. All of a sudden today, when I create a .pdf, it turns into 2 separate files. My book has two sections and the sections each have their own .pdf This is unacceptable to lulu.com They can only take 1 single .pdf So, I tried to combine the two .pdfs with Acrobat. That worked fine but it created multiple embeddings of the same fonts. Lulu's pri...

Need help printing labels from address file in MS Publisher
Would like printed instruction on how to print labels from an address list created in Publisher On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:41:02 +0000, Mary-Anne wrote (in article <E8EDABD7-208E-4875-BB5F-E862BE6AD4DC@microsoft.com>): > Would like printed instruction on how to print labels from an address list > created in Publisher Google is your friend. This topic has been addressed many times before. This article has a step-by-step for labels (Publisher 2002-03) Create a mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx 2000 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assis...

assistance need with excel doc
Hi guys I am trying to copy rows which has minor function. These 5 rows have titles and a functions displaying items from another sheet. I tried to multiply (copy) these rows buy dragging the mouse down the sheet, but it makes copies with the function adding 5 instead of + 1. e.g "=Evaluation!C5&Evaluation!AY5&Evaluation!D5", the next set would be "=Evaluation!C10&Evaluation!AY10&Evaluation!D10" instead of "=Evaluation!C6&Evaluation!AY6&Evaluation!D6". I would like to know if I could copy these 5 rows a set adding + 1 for the formul...

Help with formula,
This is way above my basic spreadsheet knowledge so please if anyone can help. I am trying to automate a small section of a booking form, Example In C7 26, D7 5, E7 2008. This represents 26th May 2008 In G7 5, H7 6, I7 2008. This represents 5th June 2008 M7 to show �229, which is a weeks rental M8 to show �229, which is a weeks rental I am trying to get M7 and M8 to show the cost for a week or part of a full weeks rental in these cells based on the info (dates) where the dates are entered. I have some cells below this where I can work out a discount for part weeks etc.(I ...

Need to do pre processing before closing outlook
Hi All, I want to do some custome processing on email items when outlook close event is raised. Eg. When I click on close of outlook and if there are emails in the outbox then outlook asks me if I can wait till all messages are sent. Similarly I need to process some items in the sent folder when outlook close event is occured. Once the items are processed I would like outlook to automatically close. If any one has suggestions on how to implement it kindly let me know. I would like to thank you all for your valuable time in reading my post. Best Regards, Bhushan Navare. ...

Allen Browne Search form HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there, I am trying to modify Allen Browne's search form to search my form which is based on a query. I am not able to select the options from my combo box, they show when i click the down arrow but i can not select them. I have the lookups for the combos looking at the tables in which the query is based on......Please help. Thanks in advance Erin Nevermind, i figured it out. I had my form properties set wrong "Erin Freeman" wrote: > Hi there, > > I am trying to modify Allen Browne's search form to search my form which is > based on a query. I am not...

Need to Print Large Format w/out page breaks
Using Pub 2000 on WXP. Have 42" wide HP Designjet 5000. I can't set page size greater than 49" in length (height) without having it automatically tile it. I'm using roll feed, but it still tiles it. I get the full 42" width no problem. I even set up Custom Paper size to fit the publication. I tried ZoomSmart, no help. ANYTHING greater than 49" long gets tiled. Where does this number come from? Is there a maximum page size Publisher wants to deal with? I would think it'd be printer dependent. I've tried every setting and every paper size an...

Mac Office Standard need to upgrade to Office 2004 for new G5
I bought Microsoft Office for Mac in 7-20-95 and got new G% and want to upgrade if possible. The problem I have is the Old 10995 version of Microsoft Office version 4.21 is all on disk. I need to update with CD or DVD. any help. Do I have to rebuy the complete packaging all over? I hope not!!!I would like to purchase just the upgrade. How do I get the old version on cd? Thank you for any kind of help. I am also looking for any kind of phone number to call someone In article <83c401c47805$5869e100$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "imopen2play@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Mortgage Setup help
Hi, Can anyone tell me the preferred way of setting up a variable rate mortgage with introductory rates? With a new mortgage account with 'track transactions' on, if I attempt to set it up as follows: (example figures) Next adjustment - 1 Jan 2007 Period between adjustments - 1 year Paid - Weekly Loan amount - 150,000 Rate - 1.5% (an introductory rate) Length = 52 * 25 = 1300 payments Principal + Interest = 300 Balloon Amount = <BLANK> I get the following error message: 'Your loan terms and amounts do not work together'. I realise that this is true - but it's...

Help with Validation (drop-down list)
I would like to be to choose a city from a drop-down list, and then populate adjacent fields with the address, phone number, account number, etc, associated with that city . Is this easily done? For example - I chose Atlanta from a drop-down list and put Atlanta into D1. I would then like the street address, zip, code, etc. put automatically into D2, D3, ... Thaks for any help!!! Hi use a combination of 'Data - Validation - List' and VLOOKUP. See the following sites: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm -- Regards Frank Ka...

Help with macro to assign min and max to x-axis
After a lot of search, I managed to do this: Sub Macro1() minim = Range("param!i35").Value2 maxim = Range("param!i45").Value2 ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 7491").Activate ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).Select With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = minim .MaximumScale = maxim End With ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveWindow.Visible = False End Sub The workbook contains many graphs: - 1 sheet with 1 scatter graph - 1 sheet with 8 scatter graphs - 4 sheets with 2 3D-graphs and 23 scatter graphs...

Record Count Help
I have a form to track Dispute Calls that come into our call center. Each call is an individual record saved to a table. However, there are instances where I'll need multile records to count as 1 dispute. This way if a client calls 5 times about the same dispute, the query or report will count it at 1 and not 5. I thought about making a seperate textbox to manually input a number and have the query or report search for unique instances of records. But I'm not sure how to do that either. Assistance please? Thanks. You might want to include a field "DisputeID&quo...

VLookUp Help!
I am trying to put together a pricing wizard for my company that would allow reps and resellers to easily look up the prices of our products. I originally designed a pivot table with drop down lists but this proved to be to difficult for most people to use. I though instead I could use VLookup to accomplish the same thing. The problem is we price our products by quantity. 5 to 25 being one price 26 to 50 being another and so on. Because of the ranges of pricing I can not figure a way, using VLookup to actually look up a price. Here is an example of the pricing: # Part # of Licen...

Creating a Simple Bar Chart
I've got 2 columns of numbers - column A is a continuous set of integers going from about 40 to 210; column B is a frequency count going from blank up to 10. A sample is shown below. PROBLEM 1 Using XL2007 I can't even seem to get a simple bar chart showing frequency count (y axis) against number (x axis). I just get either a total as a single bar or a cumulative count. PROBLEM 2 Once I've got this working I'd like to be able to group those numbers (eg into 5's or 10's) so as to reduce the length of the x-axis Can SKS help out please. Tx 44 2 ...

Need Immediate HELP!!
Is it possible to setup an Exchange 5.5 Server on top of 2000 Advanced Server without any major dificulties. I have a client that whats to move all their Exchange 5.5 info from NT Server to 2000 Advanced Server. Any issues with Active Directory that I should know about. Was wondering if anyone might be able to direct me to a web site that discusses migration issues. My very basic understanding is that I can export a .pst file to save all personal and employee directories and then just import them on to the new install. Any help would be greatly appricated. Even though I am an MCS...

SQL help needed please
greetings gurus I am having trouble with the syntax of a query I'm trying to write. Here is the situation, simpified to its essence: C:/DB/A.mdb has tblNames with relevant fields CustID, CustName, CustEMail. C:/DB/B.mdb has the same table and fields. C:/DB/C.mdb also has the same table and fields. Many of the names appear in 2 or 3 of the databases, but most names appear in only one of the three databases. Here's what I am trying to do (so far without success)... I want the values of CustID, CustName, CustEMail that are in A.mdb UNION the values of CustID, Cus...

Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server
Hi, Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well. Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B. What is the best way to do this? -- Thanks, Sam Hi, Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A543306-4A7E-45FF-A997-48F27CF5CC39@microsoft.com... &g...

Need to send an email to 50 users & have them pick 1 of 3 mtgs
I have read the responses to similar questions like this but I still can't figure it out. Can someone provide step-by-step instructions for this? I followed one of the links that was provided in an earlier message thread (http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm), but if I follow these instructions exactly as they are written, I would be sending TWO different emails to my 50 employees. This makes no sense, so I must be reading it wrong or misunderstanding. I would really appreciate some help on this (at the 1st grade level)! Here's what I've done so f...