I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake

I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake

How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again

Any help

Cheers,
0
anonymous (74722)

You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files.

try this;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184
0
anonymous (74722)

Newbie: Public folder to access shared folder on non-exchange serv
We are just implementing our Ex2k3 server. Users are asking if we can create a Public folder that will open a network shared folder. Folder contains Office docs, scanned images, jpg, etc. They think it will be easier, "one stop shopping" while in Outlook. Possible? The documentation I've read indicate that Public folders are specifically for Outlook related data.... T. Yaya You might want to consider using Sharepoint for this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "T.Yaya" <TYaya@discussions.microsoft.co...

How can I disable system alerts (deleting a sheet for example)?
Every time delete a sheet, I get a system alert saying "Data may exist in the sheet(s) selected for deletion. To permanently delete the data, press Delete". It's a bit annoying when you have to delete many sheets and you don't want to select multiple sheets. Is there any possibility to disable this alert? Use a macro. Copy the macro below into your personal.xls file, and then assign it to a custom commandbar button. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub KillSheet() Application.DisplayAlerts = False On Error GoTo NoWorkbooks If ActiveSheet.Type = 3 Then ActiveChart.Delete E...

message not show up till I click a different folder
This just started happening a few days ago. We have about 50 user in our office, 2 or 3 are having this problem. We have XP on all pc's, exchange 2000. The problem is, users don't know when new message arrives, before an envelope would show up by the clock on the screen. Now they don't see the new message till they click on a different folder than there in currently. Any ideas as to correcting this issue. Thanks ...

Sending mail from public folders and public contacts?
How can i send email from a public contact in a public folder? I cant see a 'new message'button anywhere. Not in a public contacts and not in messages in public folders. All public folders and subfolders are mail enabled! PremP. On 6 Feb 2005 13:41:18 -0800, premmetje@zonnet.nl (Prem) wrote: >How can i send email from a public contact in a public folder? >I cant see a 'new message'button anywhere. Not in a public contacts >and not in messages in public folders. >All public folders and subfolders are mail enabled! >PremP. Explain a little more about why you are...

Public journals
Does anyone know anyway of setting a public journal as a group's default journal? I've been trying all morning and its driving me crazy Sal Not sure if you can but see if any of this info helps: http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/pubjournal.htm "Sal" <sal.remtulla@riskadvisory.net> wrote in message news:0da701c36725$fc2219d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know anyway of setting a public journal as a > group's default journal? I've been trying all morning and > its driving me crazy ...

Copy Contacts to other Exch Folder
We have in two buidings an Exchange Server. They are rather independent. I like to create in the second one a Public Folder with contacts of the users of the first one. Then this folder can be used as an Outlook Adress book. How can I do this? I tried through Outlook pst files, but then at the destination I do not have the FULL email address, but rather an (invalid) reference to the first Exchange Server. So how do I create contacts that have a valid email address? - not doing them individually ); In fact name and email address are the only essential fields. TIA + Jan Pit + Botswana &...

My app fails when calling Outlook.Namespace.Folders
I made a program that reads emails from an Outlook mailbox and does some stuff and the program works fine. However, my boss now tells me that the program is to be executed from a remote computer. I now get the following error when calling the program remotely: "Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it. at Outlook.NameSpaceClass.get_Folders() For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp." Below is the piece of code in the program where the error occurs: ' Create Outlook application ...

file deletion in money 2003, windows xp home
Can anyone tell me how money handles file deletions, are they just deleted or are they securely deleted by wiping? -- mel They're just deleted. -- "mel" <mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84BCCE6A-643D-4742-97ED-2D7B29F0636F@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how money handles file deletions, are they just deleted > or > are they securely deleted by wiping? > > -- > mel ...

IIS Admin Service terminated unexpectedly
I have been having this problem lately on my Exchange 2003 sp1 server sitting on Windows 2003 sp1. We use Trend Micros ScanMail, and IHateSpam The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program. Any ideas why this has been happening? If I try to restart the smtp service, it sometimes hangs, and I have to reboot the server Bruce Do you get any errors in the event logs? Nue "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Importing a CSV File and using a Conditional Statement and Row delete?
Hello Group, First off, this group is really helpful for us "newbies" attempting to do some calculations. A big kudo's for your monitoring this group. Question 1: I am importing a csv file into excel, and then need to do the following: 1) If on a row I have values in column A and B, excecute this calculation. 2. If #1 does not execute, then I should have values in columns C and D, and calculate this formula. Question 2: When I bring that csv file in, I have many blank rows that I would like to delete quickly. Any advice? 1. Use worksheet formula like this, =IF(AND(NOT(I...

Replicating the deleted items?
I've installed the ADC on the same box that will be my new Exchange 2000 server. Then I ran forestprep and that worked too. Now it's been telling me for the past couple of hours (whenever I try to install Exchange) to wait until AD has replicated the Deleted Items Container. I'm starting to think that this is a problem and not simply slow replication. I can't believe what a slow process this is - installing Exchange 2000 :-( Mark Mark: Did you run DomainPrep on all domains that will contain either Exchange servers or recipients? Regards, Martin "Mark N." &...

How to delete blocked senders list
Is it possible to delete the entire Blocked Senders List? I would like to delte the list without having to delete each blocked sender one-by-one. Eric "Eric" <eric@hardmancompany.com> wrote in message news:932e01c3ea6f$4ff9db70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to delete the entire Blocked Senders > List? I would like to delte the list without having to > delete each blocked sender one-by-one. > > Eric outlook version? http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm 2003 >-----Original Message----- >"Eric" <eric@hardmancompany.com> wrote in mes...

Public Folder disappears in Outlook 2007 client
We have an Outlook 2007 user that used to be able to see a particular Public Folder. He has more permissions than myself, yet I can access this folder with no issue using my OL2002 client. I don't believe it is a permissions issue anyway since he can get to the folder using his credentials in Outlook Web Access. Thoughts or suggestions? m ...

Cannot delete Public Folder
Howdi, I know the answer to this question, i think, but just wanted to triple check. Basically, I had an exchange server go down (wasn't stable but usuable, just) due to hardware failure and the back ups on that server were corrupt as well. So in the small amount of time available I had to .pst all mailboxes (that was long) and recreate a new exchange box. However, I totally forgot to manage the Public Folders on that box. Now, obvioulsy, when i try and access those Puclic foldsers (in ExchAdmin or Outlook) I get 'the information store is not availbale' error. Is there a...

DISABLE PURGING OF DELETED ITEMS
I am looking for infomation on how to partially disable the Recover Deleted Items functionality in Outlook. I want the "dumpster" to operate as usual, retaining deleted items for a specified number of days for each mailbox store, but i want to grant only administrators the ability to recover deleted items. My company needs to be able to recover deleted items for litigation purposes but didn't want the users to be able to intentionally or accidentally destroy evidence Thanks for any help in advanc ...

Does Olk 2007 support Popup for an outlook folder home set to Web
it seems that by default Oulook 2007 does not support Popup when an outlook folder home page is set to web site. Is it possible to chnage this default ? You mean scripted pop-ups or open links in a new window? Scripted pop-ups are not allowed due to security restrictions. You really shouldn't be using Outlook for browsing the Internet. The Home Page folders pretty much only serve a function as a launch page with either pages specifically crafted for use in Outlook or with links opening in a real browser when clicked. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Con...

GP Role page: be able to add folder and sort and hide items
Role page is excellent new feature but would be better if you could: 1. Be able to add folders like the shortcut bar and expand as needed. 2. When you look at the list of My Reports there should be options for Sorting and Order by which you would like to see the items under the My Report Heading. How does it currently decide what order they are in? 3. Choose how many items you would like to see under the headings. Now you have to delete if you don't want to see then have to add back again. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

Why dual sent/deleted/saved folders?
I just got a new Windows 7 computer with Windows Live Mail replacing Outlook Express. There are 2 groups of folders: one is headed pop-server.satx.rr.com; the other is headed Storage Folders. When I delete or send a message, they send up under the pop-server heading, but not under my Storage Folder heading. The storage folder heading doesn't include an Inbox. As I understand it, everything in the pop-server files is on my ISP's servers, and everything in the Storage Folders is on my computer, but not theirs. If that's true, why would I want my Inbox, deleted item...

NDRs to Public Folders
Is it true that NDRs cannot be delivered to mail-enabled Public Folders? Are there any articles on this? Thanks for the help. XADM: Non-Delivery Reports to a Distribution List or to a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 Server Are Not Supported http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817220 Haven't found one that applies to Exchange Server 2003 - assumption is that this hasn't changed. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions....

Salesperson record cannot be deleted?
I have a few inactive salespeople in GP8.0 whom I would like to delete now. I went through and deleted the period history for that salesperson ID along with that salesperson territory and I still am not able to delete them (I know this worked for me before?). We really don't keep track of commission with in GP and not really knowing what the transfer feature will effect, I am not comfortable using that feature. What is the proper way of purging these existing commissions for salesperson and territories you want to delete? ...

Weird files created in root folder when downloading mail
Recently I've been getting weird files in the root of drive c whenever I open Outlook 2003 and start downloading mail. Today the files are named s3us.x where x is 1 to 9 and a to v then starting over with 11. For example: s3us.1 s3us.2 s3us.3 .... s3us.9 s3us.a s3us.b .... s3us.v s3us.11 s3us.12 The files cannot be accessed while outlook is open. After closing outlook I still couldn't access my mail and took a guess and killed ccApp.exe. After killing that program I was able to access the files. I've opened a few files with text editors and the contents resembles my mail. Any...

delete folder
I cant get the emails to delete out of the delete folder. like they should when I close email. You haven't stated whether your problem affects an HTTP account (such as Hotmail), an IMAP account, or a POP3 account. In WLMail, each mail account has its own deleted items folder. With HTTP and IMAP accounts, the program does not empty the Deleted Items folder automatically. What happens, when you select the name of the Deleted Items folder (in the folders list)? You should see an 'X', to the right of the folder name. Clicking on the 'X' should empty the ...

How to delete unused investment tags...
I have Money Plus Deluxe (v 17). I upgraded from an older MSMoney (~2003). On some of my investment accounts there is a left sidebar labeled 'Common Tasks'. One of the selections is 'Update prices', then manually. When selected, the Update Price screen pops up and one must select the Investment that is to have it's price updated (along with all the past updates). What I would like to do is delete some of the items in that list that are no longer used. How can I do that? The ones that I want to delete were used for accounts that are no longer present. There is a...

Can't Delete an Account because it is Read Only
I'm trying to delete a test Account, but I can't -- I'm getting the message that the Account can't be deleted because it is read-only. How is that? Thanks, Boolean1 have you received any answers on this? i need to do this as well and am running into the same problems. thanks!!! "Boolean1" wrote: > I'm trying to delete a test Account, but I can't -- I'm getting the message > that the Account can't be deleted because it is read-only. > > How is that? > > Thanks, > > Boolean1 > > > ...

Delete an entire page based on the presence of a text string
I need to delete an entire page based on the presence of a text string. I tried using the code i found in the following post: Deleting a page based on text search 6/18/2007 11:52 AM PST by Damo '_______________________________________ Dim strSearch As String Dim rgeStart As Range Set rgeStart = Selection.Range strSearch = "Subject Teacher :" & Chr(13) With ActiveDocument.Range.Find .Text = strSearch Do While .Execute With .Parent .Select With Selection .Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Delete...