I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage

I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different
places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were
migrated of exchange server 5.5.
My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager,
in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder)
I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in
this case the folder container were displayed.
I hope your help.

Thanks.
0
mirko (1)

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

Exchange 2003 Recovery
Helo NG, at this time we`ve Problems with our Exchange 2003 Server. It has been deleted a single Mailbox without a Bricklevel Backup. Now the last full Backup is from April 15th and the DB Logs are from 05.05 until today. Is it possible to recover the Database with this Logfiles into a different ADS/Exchange Organisation ? any suggestions...... thx So you have a deleted mailbox and you want to get it back, correct? Have you tried to use the Deleted Mailbox recovery: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF022.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msex...

Vista keeps chainging my folder view
I go into a folder and get the following colums Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date Modified is gone WHY WHY WHY. Desmond. Des wrote: > I go into a folder and get the following colums > Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I > only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in > Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date > M...

Can't send external msgs on new Ex2K server in 5.5 site.
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 2000 SP3 server in an existing 5.5 site containing only one server, after following the standard procedure of configuring and running ADC CAs. I've moved one mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server as a test. I can send messages to it from the 5.5 site, but it cannot send messages outside of the 2000 server. What did I forget please?! Ideally, I wanted to keep the old 5.5 server as a bridgehead server, at least for the time being. One more thing, we share the domain amongst Exchange and another mail system via SMTP routing on Sendmail. T...

SBS 2003: adding Exchange services to Outlook 2003
On 3 out of 8 new computers added to the domain, I am unable to add the Exchange service to Outlook 2003 for the shared public folders and contacts. I receive the following message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exch Srvr is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." All other services are availabe to these "problem" users: One of these users was an existing user that received a new workstation; the other 2 users are new as are their workstations. Any thoughts? Thanks. Michael In news:1D0046BA-38...

Printing Contacts
Hello, I use Outlook 2007 with Exchange. When I try to print a list of contacts from the public folder, I can see the field "File as" in my list, but it wont print. Do you have an idea of the source of this problem. Thank you in advance for your precious help. -- Sallie What view is applied to the folder? What exactly do you mean by "wont print"? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Sallie" ...

Cannot see sample data
Hello, I've followed the exact instalation procedures of the sample data (creat AD users, run install wizard). The installation seems to be successful. I logged in under the sample data user, but could not see any data. The "announcements" section contains 4 articles, which mean it was added during the install using the wizard. What am I doing wrong? It's been so long since I have to install CRM 3.0 again, but I remember there is another step to configure so the users can see the sample data. Please advise. Thanks for your help. -- Regards, Andy Go to Settings ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

Exchange 2000 Sending out old Emails When ever Exchange Service is restarted
I have a single exchange server that is sending out old emails whenever the Exchange Service is restarted. It is alwasy the same emails and they go to post inside and outside recipients. As long as I don't restart the Exchange Service, everything is fine. This has been going on about a month, but I need to spend some time getting it resolved now. Any pointers? I haven't turned up much in searching for myself. Thanks Jason- If you look in the folders for your SMTP Service, particuarly drop, queue, and pickup, are there old messages in there? By default this folder is in C:\program fi...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

Exchange 5.5 On W2K Services Won't Initialize
I have a Windows 2000 AD Server. Which has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. For some reason now the following services won't start. Exchange Event Service Internet Mail Service Message Transfer Agent System Attendant When I do try and start these services this error comes up: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application. Then when I do this one comes up. Error 1053, the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. In the event logs I get this as well Source:...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Public Folders Won't Replicate
I have two exchange 2003 servers running SP 2 and am trying to replicate the folder hierachy from one server to the other. I have all the folders setup to replicate to both servers (SERVER1 and SERVER2). I have turned on message tracking and diagnostic logging as specified in the troubleshooting articles in the knowledge base. The replication message is sent from SERVER1-IS@mydomain.com and received by SERVER2-IS@mydomain.com, however the diagnostic logging shows no events related to the messages. In essence, SERVER2-IS receives the message but never processes it. The original server ...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...

Disabling the open other user's folder feature
We are using Exchange 2003 and have notied that there is a "feature" that allows any user to open another user's folder without having to grant permissions for this. I mean any user can pull over any other user's inbox contents or calendar contents. For us, a financial institution, this is a huge security risk. Even after using an explicit deny permission on a user mailbox we are still able to access the inbox from the denied account. Microsoft has little on their knowledge base about this except to say that, for some insane reason, administrators are denied from ...

Exchange mailbox recovery using Exchange DB files
I've shifted my Exchange 2003 machine to a new machine configured it and created all user accounts/mailboxes same as in old Exchange server and everything is working. I've all the Exchange DB files from old machine HDD i.e. .edb, .stm, ..log files as it is. But I don't have any type of backup using backup utility, but I have copy of all old Exchange files. How can I transfer mailboxes/mails from old machine to new one. I already studied Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Guide, and KB article "Offline Backup and Restoration Procedures for Exchange" ...

Public email folder foldername@ourdomain.com
I am trying to create a public mail folder that will accept mail addressed to foldername@ourdomain.com but so far have not been able to get it to work. The furthest it seems to get to being delivered in message tracking is "Message submitted to categoriser" I am sure I have had it working before but it is eluding me. What steps do I need to perform to set up this kind of folder? Ensure that the permissions on the PF are set with the appropriate permissions to allow for either anonymous if you want it to receive internet email or default for internal users. James Chong (MVP) MCSE ...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5 #3
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration Prop...

Exchange 2003 SP2 db size limits
I have an Exchange 2003 install that was upgraded to SP2 some months ago. It was my understanding the SP2 raised the db size limit to 75Gb, but I recently had the following error: Product: Exchange Event ID: 1216 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Version: 6.5.6940.0 Component: Microsoft Exchange Information Store Message: The Exchange store 'THA\Mailbox Store (SRV_1)' is limited to 18 GB. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is 17 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of 18 GB, the da...

Why Excel process is still there on Task Manager list
Hi all, My project is about pick up info from individual workbook, and merge the info into a new workbook. But in the end of code, even I set nothing to workbook and application object, but the Excel process is still there, but the way the open and close procedure is very slow, is there any way to expedite it? Dim SrcWrk As Workbook Dim DstWrk As Workbook Dim app As New Application DstWrk = app.Workbooks.Add() For Each File As String In Directory.GetFiles(Me.SrcDir, "*.xls", System.IO.SearchOption.AllDirectories) ...

Double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains Server
Why do we have double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains server? There is nothing abnormal with our database backup jobs. Though, we are using SQL Server database maintenaince plans for backing up the Great Plain databases. We even upgraded to a new server, and the dame problem exists. Furthermore, we have over 20 SQL Server 2000 servers, and this problem does not exist. Thank you. Have you checked your settings for Maintenance Plans and SQL Jobs in Enterprise Manager? Most likely you will see two jobs created in there for backups. To my knowledge Great Plains doe...

showing unread items in public folder
I setup some public folders on my exchange 2003 box. This folder has an email address associated with it, which accepts mail. I noticed in the properties for the folder there is an option to "show number of unread items" or "show number of total items". These two options are greyed out for me. Any idea how to enable these options? thanks! Sean ...