http virtual server #3

I know you love newbie type material, so here is one.  I have exchange
server 2003 and am having a problem with exchange virual server (http)
In server management/exchange/protocols/http the virtual server has
stopped after a planned reboot.  I have right clicked and "start", but
it sends me an error "The process cannot access the file because it is
being used by another process--Facility: Win32, ID No: 80070020"  What
service is this referring to.  This has to be something simple and I am

not very experienced in exchange----help...........please?

0
d4hveed (6)

Are there any other websites running under IIS? Any other applications that
could be using or blocking port 80?

Nue
<d4hveed@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I know you love newbie type material, so here is one.  I have exchange
> server 2003 and am having a problem with exchange virual server (http)
> In server management/exchange/protocols/http the virtual server has
> stopped after a planned reboot.  I have right clicked and "start", but
> it sends me an error "The process cannot access the file because it is
> being used by another process--Facility: Win32, ID No: 80070020"  What
> service is this referring to.  This has to be something simple and I am
>
> not very experienced in exchange----help...........please?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/20/2006 8:20:48 PM
I don't think so.  If I look in IIS/websites, I find 4 items- (1)
default web site, (2) Microsoft Share point, (3) Sharepoint central
administration and (4)companyweb.  Companyweb and default web site are
both stopped.  If I attempt to start them, I get a simliar error that
the process can not access the file because it is being used by another
process.  In other words, all of these are the same error messages.
Thanks for responding, by the way.

Dave

0
d4hveed (6)
2/20/2006 8:32:23 PM
Another issue related, i think.  When I look at certain screens on
Server management, I get "Authentication Error!" in red lettering.  For
instance, I am accessing "Manage Small Business Server Backup.  I never
got this error before all of this happened.  Is this related to the
webpages not able to start?  What about realtime antivirus?  Would this
have an impact on all of this?

0
d4hveed (6)
2/20/2006 9:15:13 PM
I'll tell you right now that I think Sharepoint could be the problem. How
are these sites configured? Are they using host headers?

Nue
"D4hveed" <d4hveed@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Another issue related, i think.  When I look at certain screens on
> Server management, I get "Authentication Error!" in red lettering.  For
> instance, I am accessing "Manage Small Business Server Backup.  I never
> got this error before all of this happened.  Is this related to the
> webpages not able to start?  What about realtime antivirus?  Would this
> have an impact on all of this?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/20/2006 11:33:00 PM
Have you tried stopping the sharepoint site and then starting the default
site? If this works then attempt to start sharepoint.

Nue
"D4hveed" <d4hveed@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Another issue related, i think.  When I look at certain screens on
> Server management, I get "Authentication Error!" in red lettering.  For
> instance, I am accessing "Manage Small Business Server Backup.  I never
> got this error before all of this happened.  Is this related to the
> webpages not able to start?  What about realtime antivirus?  Would this
> have an impact on all of this?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/20/2006 11:35:16 PM
On 20 Feb 2006 13:15:13 -0800, "D4hveed" <d4hveed@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Another issue related, i think.  When I look at certain screens on
>Server management, I get "Authentication Error!" in red lettering.  For
>instance, I am accessing "Manage Small Business Server Backup.  I never
>got this error before all of this happened.  Is this related to the
>webpages not able to start?  What about realtime antivirus?  Would this
>have an impact on all of this?

Make sure that you have excluded all the Exch dirs from Sharepoint
virtual paths.

0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2006 12:51:10 AM
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:51:10 -0500, "Andy David - [MVP]"
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On 20 Feb 2006 13:15:13 -0800, "D4hveed" <d4hveed@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Another issue related, i think.  When I look at certain screens on
>>Server management, I get "Authentication Error!" in red lettering.  For
>>instance, I am accessing "Manage Small Business Server Backup.  I never
>>got this error before all of this happened.  Is this related to the
>>webpages not able to start?  What about realtime antivirus?  Would this
>>have an impact on all of this?
>

>Make sure that you have excluded all the Exch dirs from Sharepoint
>virtual paths.

	I mean to say all the "managed Sharepoint paths". Thats set
with the Sharepoint Central Admin gui.

0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2006 12:57:44 AM
Unfortunately, that didn't work.  Also, I get an error "Authorization
Error"  when I goto server management/standard management/internal
website and then click on "manage your company's Internal website" or
"change homepage layout".  So something has happened with all
"web-based port 80" items.  hmmmmmm.........driving me crazy.  One
measely process is is stopping progress...thinking about shutting down
process by process until I am able to start these items.  Ideas?

0
d4hveed (6)
2/21/2006 1:21:01 PM
Sharepoint is a beast of an application. I'd start by shutting down
Sharepoint. Did you follow Andy David's suggestion of making sure the
Exchange dirs were excluded from Sharepoint?

> Unfortunately, that didn't work.  Also, I get an error "Authorization
> Error"  when I goto server management/standard management/internal
> website and then click on "manage your company's Internal website" or
> "change homepage layout".  So something has happened with all
> "web-based port 80" items.  hmmmmmm.........driving me crazy.  One
> measely process is is stopping progress...thinking about shutting down
> process by process until I am able to start these items.  Ideas?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/21/2006 1:34:48 PM
I hate to admit it, but I am not sure where to look.  Sharepoint admin
and central admin are the only ones that will run.  companyweb and
default both are stopped and will not start due to that process.  I
shut down antivirus rt scanning, still nothing.  Where do I look to see
if exch dir are excluded?

0
d4hveed (6)

server rejects messages
Some of our clients have been complaining that email they send to us keeps bouncing back to with the following error message: Recipient address: @Server.domainxx.com:User@smtp.domainxx.com Original address: User@domainxx.com Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused Remote system: dns;Server.domainxx.com (TCP|10.11.1.11|65002|62.190.112.34|25) It is fairly consistent that some clients cannot send us ANY mail, it all gets bounced back at them. we can't figure out why or where the messages are be...

Transfermation of CRM 3.0
Hello I want to ask you that is it possible? If i install CRM 3.0 Server on the stand alone PC e.g. Windows 2003 server std under AD and after some time when we will transfer our AD setup to VMWare. then can i transfer all data and information from CRM 3.0 server on the new VMWare environment? if can then what is best way to do? if we can not transfer then what is reason? -- Toni I'm not sure if I understand fully what you are wanting to do. However, there is a Redeployment Tool included on the CRM 3.0 Server CD. That's the best way to move your CRM installation from one serve...

Facing problem in Back Office 4.3
I could not start service in Back Office 4.3 Ver If I start remote access service, It is giving error 1066 what is the resion for this, please let me know, immediately. Thanking you Jagadish ...

when an exchange server 2003 goes down
4 servers are running under Windows 2003 active directory. Exchange server 2003 is up and running without a glitch. We're nor using clusters. Almost everything is redundant (hardware and real time files replication from server to server) That told, I would like to add a level of redundancy to the exchange server in the event that something goes wrong. Can you point me out to something I could work on? thank you Thomas That really depends on your budget. For starters I would establish solid backup plan after doing a lot of research, test it a frequently, and do save those transact...

get an average of 3 cells, if they all have numbers, in excel.
In excel I need to average 3 cells, only if they all contain a number. and if they don't contain a number, don't display an error. "rudyjudy" <rudyjudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In excel I need to average 3 cells, only if they all contain a number. > and if they don't contain a number, don't display an error. =IF(COUNT(A1,B2,C3)=3, AVERAGE(A1,B2,C3), "") Unfortunately, you will not see this response unless you use a different NG interface, e.g. Google Groups or a newsreader that access the MSnews server, msnews.microsof...

2k3 Server, Send As Permissions Dissapear
Hi We are running an Exchange 2k3 on a 2k3 SBS and have been adding Domain Users Send As permission for some accounts. The Domain Users seem to 'dissapear' from the Security Tab after a short period. I am assuming that this is an inheritance problem? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks B ...

OWA Exchange 2003 change default http port
Is it possible to change the default http port on the Exchange 2003 OWA server from 80 to something else? It works fine on 80, but as soon as I change it to another port and reconfigure my firewall it does not work. We only do OWA on this web server. We have SSL installed and using Microsoft's instructions I have redirected http: traffic to https: But, we use the Sprint AirCard and have had to redirect the port 80 traffic to another port. We had this working fine on Exchange 5.5, but are now on 2003 and have issues. Also, please don't suggest we have our firewall handle this. It...

Copied CRM database to new server
Hello all, I have been testing our upgrade options to CRM 4.0 but this error comes in before that. I have successfully created our CRM server on a new server and everything works fine for all users except for me. I noticed in my roles, I am only set as a system administrator. I can only see a few basic items in the my workplace area. I cannot see cases/account/contacts... Why has this changed just because i installed the CRM server? and how can i fix it? Regards Ian Ian, check your user profile. there is a 'restricted access' flag at the bottom of the user profile screen -...

Unable to get online updates from quotes server
I am not able to get a successful update to my quotes list online. Problem grew progressively worse as I added to my Portfolio - I have about 50 quotes on the list. I connect through a cable modem with no firewall. All other on-line updates with financial instituions work OK. I have cleared the quotes list several times. I sign on with a Microsoft NET passport login. What am I missing - or is the quotes server always down??? You're not missing anything. I've tried off and on since I bough 2002 in 2002. It worked the first time but never worked again since then. I have DSL and M...

Multiple domain name and multiple SMTP virtual server
Presently, my Exchange 2003 server holds mailboxes of four internet domain names. I have only one default smtp virtual server. Everything works fine. I have set "Send a copy of NDR" to a local mailbox. Therefore all non-existing user's mails of ALL domain reaches to this single mailbox. Is it possible to designate a separate mailbox for each domain? I found an article in Microsoft site, explaining to create separate smtp virtual server for each domain. Should I have to create smtp virtual server only for this purpose? Is there any workaround? TIA J Justin In order to creat...

OAGIS Version 8.0 SP 3 Validation w/ MSXML 4.0 VS.NET 2K3
I am trying to build a .NET assembly which will contain the OAGIS schemas using OAGIS version 8.0 SP 3. When I try to validate the schemas, specifically the Order.xsd schema, I get the following error: Invalid particle derivation by restriction: Order.xsd line 16 I have searched google, the yahoo group and several other sources and found that other users are experiencing the same thing. Do you have any information about this error, and do you know if this is a Microsoft specific problem? It appears that the error is occurring because the Order restriction has the following format: <...

Outlook 2003 calender problem driving me nuts ! #3
Hi guys, This is my first post here - and my last hope before I go completeley insane ! I am having a problem with MS Outlook 2003 calender. I have looked extensively on the net, but can not see anything remotely like this. Every date in every view is duplicated - in the individual day boxes, and in the view header.I have attached a screen dump. Please, please, please can someone tell me what is causing this ? I have reinstalled numerous times, but it eventually returns ? Thanks in advance ...

DPM 2007 Server Backup and Restore DR Plan
We have a single DPM 2007 server with a local database and the replica volumes on an iSCSI LUN (NetApp). I am looking at planning a disaster recovery of the server and was wonder if the following plan would work. Environment Widows Server 2008 R2 DPM 2007 Local SQL Server Replica Volume on iSCSI LUN (NetApp) 6.5 TB of used space Option 1 Backup Perform Manual backup of the SQL Server DPM database Restore Install Windows Server 2008 R2 Setup Microsoft iSCSI Initiator to mount replica volume Install local SQL Server 2008 Install DPM 2007 Stop DPM servi...

how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
when I tried on ie8 with bat file like "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs what is the correct way to do this. I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my app development and test Developer-specific resources include: MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead) http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads Tip: When posting in Develo...

Virtual pc 2004 question
I am installing the microsoft virtual pc 2004 and the service pack 1 for the first time and I am getting the following message: Virtual PC could not open the Virtual Machine Network Services driver. Access to the external network and host will be unavailable to all virtual machines using virtual networking. Virtual machines using virtual networking will still be able to access other virtual machines using virtual networking. To fix this problem, re-enable the Virtual Machine Network Services driver on one or more ethernet adapters or reinstall Virtual PC. I do not know what the Virtua...

Change "1,2,3..." to "one,two,three..."
How can I change "1,2,3..." to "one,two,three..." in Excel? Using Format or does excel got this function build in? Thank you! No built-in. At http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html there are some examples of converting numbers to words, but they tend to be for monetary amounts, so you will probably need to call it a number of times and concatenate the results. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "q0_0p" <q0_0p@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36C5C77E-D908-424E-B74C-E3FBB9A403E6@microsoft.co...

Footer #3
i have following contents need to display in excel every page. anyway that can fullfill the request. I am using excel 2003 e.g contents approval by hod approval owner approval _________ ____________ ____________ audit aprroval implemented by reviewed by ___________ ______________ ____________ Something like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = "Some text" .CenterFooter = "Some text" .RightFooter = "Some text" End With End Sub 'This is work...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

Resource availability across servers?
An interesting discussion came up at work yesterday. There MAY be a need for us to physically separate our military projects from our commercial ones. If we end up having to do something like this, would it still be possible to see resource availability across all projects? We have resources who work on both commercial and military projects. If these projects reside on completely separate physical servers, could we still take full advantage of the enterprise capabilities? Kevin: This can't be done OOB, but it certainly could be handled programmatically. -- Gary...

I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage
I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage Pls HELP! Yossi Rozano wrote: > I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage You really need to provide more information. What version of Entourage? What error messages do you receive? Have you verified with your administrator that you have the correct information? -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://nine.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/youtalk> Twitter: follow <http://twitter.com/meck&...

Adding Web Parts in Bus Portal 3
I have a demo environment I created. Bus Portal 3 is up and running. I'm trying to add web parts of any type to a page and keep getting a Sharepoint page with an error. Does anybody know why you wouldn't be able to add web parts. -- Charles Allen, MVP SharePoint can be one frustrating..... Are you mixing SharePoint web parts? Trying to use an Office SharePoint Server web part on a wss 3.0 server? Are you trying to view the page with Anonymous access? Does it work with a logged in user? VinceV "Charles Allen" wrote: > I have a demo environment I created. Bus ...

Rental Addon #3
We are pleased to announce release of RentMe addon for RMS 2.0 and 1.3 You can view nine minute video here. http://www.retail-pos.com/2008-06-10%2020.38%20Meet%20Now.wmv Please contact us for detailed information. Ian McLean RMS sales(AT)retail-pos.com ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

If NIC teaming good or bad for Exch2003 server?
Hi there, For exchange2003 server running on branded server hardware such as HP, if network card teaming (of 2 nics) a good option for exchange2003 or not? How do you guys doing? Just using 1 nic or what? Many thanks! Leemutpo - The good thing about HP is that it will present one virtual NIC to the OS. Generally, unless my client has good network hardware with relatively current IOS levels and good network and server support teams, I will try to steer them clear of NIC teaming. Granted, it is good for redundancy. However, it does have the occasional problem, depe...

hi #3
az payamresaniye shoma moteshakeram. ...