HTTP status code: [409]:Cannot sync pocket pc Outlook - says it has but no new emails transferred over

We have around 30 users with Pocket PCs who synchronise their emails
using Active Sync version 5 with the Exchange 2003 server. It was
setup by a consultant a few months ago, and worked fine when it just
stopped working. Now whenever a Pocket PC user tries to synchronise,
it almost immediately completes with no error message, but no new
messages have been transferred over (or for that matter new calendar
appointments \ contacts etc). There is no error on the Pocket PC, but
I have seen one or two errors on the Exchange Server's event viewer.

These are (event ID 3005):

Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server:
[excserver.ourdomain.com] User: [test2005@ourdomain.com] HTTP status
code: [409]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working
correctly.

Oddly enough there are just a few of these events, while over the last
couple of days synchronisation attempts by users must have been at
least a hundred by now.

I have tried this:

http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive35-2005-12-262517.html (which made no
difference at all)

and this

http://www.petri.co.il/problems_with_forms_based_authentication_and_ssl_in_activesync.htm
(which did not fix the problem but caused an entirely new error -
ActiveSync encountered a problem on the server Support code: 85010014.

Quite a few people seem to have experienced this judging by postings,
but I dont see any official MS 'fix'. Any ideas people?

QH

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

New to excel

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

invalid email address

AD Sync problem

New Implementation

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email