How to "transfer" or "copy" an SSL certificate from Exchange 2000 to Exchgange 2007

Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it
comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange
2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000
server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import
function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007
server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC
Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client
authorization.

The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have
things like OWA and Activesync secured...My research out on the net
frequently refer to command line cmdlets in powershell and other
stuff....Is using the "console" in IIS OK?

Is there more to do, or is there a "simple" set of instructions that
someone can refer me to?

thanks

REP
0
repainter

I presume that when you exported you did so with the private key.  It's
likely that your Exchange 2000 certificate is not a UCC certificate with
SANs, so it'll be problematic to use it for ActiveSync, but what you've done
should be perfectly adequate for OWA only.  You may want to import the
certificate using PowerShell if you haven't done so already because it
applies it to all the services you specify properly.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"repainter" <repainter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it
> comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange
> 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000
> server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import
> function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007
> server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC
> Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client
> authorization.
>
> The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have
> things like OWA and Activesync secured...My research out on the net
> frequently refer to command line cmdlets in powershell and other
> stuff....Is using the "console" in IIS OK?
>
> Is there more to do, or is there a "simple" set of instructions that
> someone can refer me to?
>
> thanks
>
> REP

0
Ed
1/13/2010 10:41:54 PM
On Jan 13, 2:41=A0pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> I presume that when you exported you did so with the private key. =A0It's
> likely that your Exchange 2000 certificate is not a UCC certificate with
> SANs, so it'll be problematic to use it for ActiveSync, but what you've d=
one
> should be perfectly adequate for OWA only. =A0You may want to import the
> certificate using PowerShell if you haven't done so already because it
> applies it to all the services you specify properly.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "repainter" <repain...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it
> > comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange
> > 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000
> > server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import
> > function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007
> > server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC
> > Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client
> > authorization.
>
> > The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have
> > things like OWA and Activesync secured...My research out on the net
> > frequently refer to command line cmdlets in powershell and other
> > stuff....Is using the "console" in IIS OK?
>
> > Is there more to do, or is there a "simple" set of instructions that
> > someone can refer me to?
>
> > thanks
>
> > REP- Hide quoted text -

Hi Ed...thanks for the reply..Sorry for the delayed response...
Also sorry for my lack of knowlege here...

Yes, the Cert is a single domain cert...I will set up through ISA to
forward the requests...
the "domain" is same for both OWA and Activesynce...the paths are
different (of course..)

so the url is something like  OWAXX.MyDomain.com/owa/* ... or
OWAXX.Mydomain.com//Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/*

Can you Briefly explain why there might be an "issue" with Activesync?

thanks
REP
0
repainter
1/18/2010 5:52:43 PM
I'm sorry, not ActiveSync, but Autodiscover, which uses
autodiscover.company.com.  ActiveSync should be fine if manually configured.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

On Jan 13, 2:41 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> I presume that when you exported you did so with the private key. It's
> likely that your Exchange 2000 certificate is not a UCC certificate with
> SANs, so it'll be problematic to use it for ActiveSync, but what you've
> done
> should be perfectly adequate for OWA only. You may want to import the
> certificate using PowerShell if you haven't done so already because it
> applies it to all the services you specify properly.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "repainter" <repain...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it
> > comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange
> > 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000
> > server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import
> > function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007
> > server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC
> > Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client
> > authorization.
>
> > The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have
> > things like OWA and Activesync secured...My research out on the net
> > frequently refer to command line cmdlets in powershell and other
> > stuff....Is using the "console" in IIS OK?
>
> > Is there more to do, or is there a "simple" set of instructions that
> > someone can refer me to?
>
> > thanks
>
> > REP- Hide quoted text -

Hi Ed...thanks for the reply..Sorry for the delayed response...
Also sorry for my lack of knowlege here...

Yes, the Cert is a single domain cert...I will set up through ISA to
forward the requests...
the "domain" is same for both OWA and Activesynce...the paths are
different (of course..)

so the url is something like  OWAXX.MyDomain.com/owa/* ... or
OWAXX.Mydomain.com//Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/*

Can you Briefly explain why there might be an "issue" with Activesync?

thanks
REP

0
Ed
1/19/2010 3:27:24 AM
Thanks for the clarification Ed...
I am aware of the Autodiscover cert issue...Are you aware of a "fix"
for that?
can I use the self signed cert for the "internal" Autodiscover
connections, and the 3rd party cert for external users?

Russell
0
repainter
1/19/2010 4:59:02 PM
The fix is a UCC certificate including autodiscover.company.com as a subject
alternative name (SAN).

You can indeed use different internal and external certificates if you have
separate internally facing and externally facing servers.  For example, you
can use internal certificates on your CAS servers and an external
certificate on your ISA server.  I routinely set up my customers that way.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Thanks for the clarification Ed...
> I am aware of the Autodiscover cert issue...Are you aware of a "fix"
> for that?
> can I use the self signed cert for the "internal" Autodiscover
> connections, and the 3rd party cert for external users?
>
> Russell

0
Ed

How to transfer and copy Call list from iPhone to computer?
[url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-and-backup-call-list-from-iphone-to-computer-with-iphone-tool-kits.html][b]How to transfer and copy Call list from iPhone to computer with iPhone Tool Kits?[/b][/url]Do you want to copy Call list from iPhone to computer for printting? [url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-files-sms-contacts-call-list-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer.html][b]iPhone Tool Kits[/b][/url] is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone, so that you can recover any lost or missing songs, videos, books, photos and so on. It can eas...

transfer cell value from 1 sheet to another without copy/paste?
I need to enter a value 1 time and have it appear on additional sheets, without copying and pasting to other sheets. Please help. I'm trying to EXCEL 2007 Try this:- 1. In Sheet1 cell A1 I type (for example):- hello 2. In Sheet2 cell A1 I type:- =Sheet1!A1 This pulls in the word:- hello - from Sheet1 cell A1. There are other ways to do this. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "sbmiller" wrote: > I need to enter a value 1 time and have it appear on additional sheets, > without copying and pasting to other...

How to "transfer" or "copy" an SSL certificate from Exchange 2000 to Exchgange 2007
Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000 server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007 server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client authorization. The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have things like OWA and Ac...

How to copy Transfer Order?
Anybody know how to copy transfer order? thanks a lot! Run the following sql statement ***************************************************** /*You have to specify 2 things the PONumber of the order to be copied and the PONumber of the order to be created*/ begin transaction declare @OldPONo varchar(20) declare @NewPONo varchar(20) declare @OldPOID int declare @NewPOID int set @OldPONo='' --SPECIFY PONUMBER set @NewPONo='' --SPECIFY PONUMBER select @OldPOID=ID FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE PONumber=@OldPONo INSERT INTO PurchaseOrder([POTitle], [POType], [StoreID], [Worksh...

How to transfer and copy Pictures from iPhone to computer?
[url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer-with-iphone-tool-kits.html][b]How to transfer and copy Pictures from iPhone to computer with iPhone Tool Kits?[/b][/url]Do you want to copy Photos/Pictures from iPhone to computer for printting? [url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-files-sms-contacts-call-list-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer.html][b]iPhone Tool Kits[/b][/url] is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone, so that you can recover any lost or missing songs, videos, books, photos and so on. It can easily [b]ba...

How to transfer and copy music from ipod to new itunes
[url=http://dvd-video-soft.com/dvdvideoguide/how-to-import-music-from-ipod-to-new-itunes.html]How to transfer and copy music from ipod to new itunes[/url]A friend asked me about [b]how to copy music from ipod to new itunes[/b]. She was trying to use iTunes on her new computer, but she had a hard time in [b]getting music from her iPod to the new iTunes [/b]on her computer. Is there an easy way? Yes. I told her to use an [b]ipod to iTunes transfer [/b] program, and it worked. The following is how with step by step guide:[b]Tool you need:[/b] [url=http://dvd-video-soft.com/ipodconverter/ipod-itou...

How to transfer/copy range names with a worksheet to a new Excel f
Hello: I have a large worksheet with about 200 named ranges. I would like to copy this worksheet and all the range names to other Excel files (workbooks). How do I do this? (When I copy the entire worksheet to another file, the range names do not transfer.) Thanks, in advance, for your help. I copy the worksheet in Excel 2007 with: 1) Right click on worksheet's tab, move or copy, new book, check make a copy. I get all of the names in the new workbook. 2) I select all of the cells in the worksheet by clicking on the area to the left of the column A header and above the row 1 hea...

How to transfer and copy files from iPod to iPod Touch
[b]How to transfer and copy files from iPod to iPod Touch by drag and drop with the iPod to iPod Touch transfer software.[/b][url=http://www.ipod-to-ipod-touch.com/copy-music-videos-playlists-from-ipod-to-ipod-touch.html][b]iPod 2 iPod[/b][/url] is the best and powerful iPod transfer capability. It can copy music/video/playlist from [b]iPod to iPod Touch[/b] by Drag and Drop. iPod 2 iPod will transfer and copy music/video/playlist from one to one at extremely fast speed. It supports [b]iPod to latest iPod Touch transfer[/b].[b]Guide: How to copy music videos playlists from ipod to ipod touch?[...

Transfer/Copy Sheet, Dynamically linked Sheet
Hi. When you open an Excel file, you will see some tabs at the bottom. They are called "sheets". 1) How can I transfer selected "sheets" to another Excel file? 2) The same as (1), but this time I would like to ""copy"" "sheets" to another Excel file. 3) How can I maintain a dynamic link between corresponding sheets in 2 Excel? (Actually the info of both sheets are the same copies) (When I change the content of either tab, another one will be updated auotmatically) (Thus either tab in both Excel files will be kept up-to-date) Thank you! -- ...

Any help with inserting, copying and transferring data.
Is there any way to conveniently accomplish this? My data is organized like this: 4626859EX 5422369 4427272 What I am trying to do is get it organized like this 4626859EX 5422369 4427272 5422369 4626859EX 4427272 4427272 4626859EX 5422369 Rows of data up to eleven cells wide. Some rows have only one pairing, others have anywhere between one and eleven. It would also have to insert the blank rows for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc dells with data. :-( You need to provide considerably more detail abou...

Transfer a downloaded copy of Office 2007 to another laptop
I've just bought a new lap top and need to transfer Office 2007 from one to the other. Office (Student & Home) was bought as a download therefore have no discs and can't find the key, doh! Any help will be appreciated. -- dandjhardy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dandjhardy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168942.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1287731.htm http://forums.techarena.in "dandjhardy" <dandjhardy.4405rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message ...