How to track the email... whether.. is arrived or not..

Hi,
Our office is using Exchange 5.5.. my problem is how can
we track whether our mail that has been sent is arrived or
not.. cam we monitor it..Please help...
0
hidzuan (1)

"Hidzuan" <hidzuan@msn.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Our office is using Exchange 5.5.. my problem is how can
>we track whether our mail that has been sent is arrived or
>not.. cam we monitor it..Please help...

Easiest is to turn up IMS logging to see what's coming in from a given
domain and how many local recipients it's got. Also the IMS at medium
will tell you who on your domain is sending to what domain (although
not who at that domain).
To further track you can enable message tracking but the above logging
will prove that a message has arrived from a given domain and been
sent to a given and also received from a given domain.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

How to Check/Track BIS (BlackBerry) Users?
We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled. We have users who are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BIS OWA connection option. 1. How can an Exchange Administrator tell which users are accessing OWA via BIS? 2. Are their settings that would allow OWA to remain turned on but BIS access disabled? Thank you. Clark On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:41:01 -0700, Clark <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled. We have users who >are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BI...

Mass duplicate emails due to GroupWise to Exchange migration
Due to complications with or Novell Groupwise (6.5) to Exchange (2003) project, the migration software has imported 1,000's of duplicate items (total) into about 40 or so of our mailboxes. I am wondering, is there a third party tool that works at the server level where you can point the tool to the server, give it a mailbox (or multiple?) and have it go out and find duplicates and allow you to act upon them: such as delete them or archive them? I have found tools that do that at the Outlook client level, but a server level product would be preferred. If not a server product, then ...

new email
When creating a new email my email address does not automatically populate and when I type in the body of the email, nothing appears. ...

make dvd/cd from pictures in email folder
how do i go about moving pictures to a folder and copy of pictures to a dvd or cd? appreciate any help given. -- lillyinsolon ...

One account, Multiple email aliases
Hi, My ISP allows me to have multiple aliases, (3). When I set them up in outlook 2002, I get three copy of every emails I receive, regardless of the aliases it's sent to. All three email accounts logs in to the POP server with the same username and password, but have different email address. Any idea on how I can prevent outlook from getting 3 times the same email ? Thanks, Erik an alias is merely a pointer to one single address. Simply set up your main address, and all other emails will go to it - no need to set up stuff for the others (in fact im surprised you can access th...

stuck email #2
I have a "stuck" email that won't come through and then won't let the subsequent emails come through either.... The effected email is : melbarkley@comcast.net Thank you for your help. Mel Barkley Try checking your mail through something like www.mail2web.com or your ISP's webmail portal, if they have one - you can delete the message there. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm for help in the f...

Change FROM email
We are looking at a web fax servcie and would like to have some of our automated emails use a common email address when sending a fax so that all go into a common user inbox. Is that possible? Thanks. -- David Yes, it's possible, but the details depend on the Outlook version and whether the common inbox is in an Exchange mailbox. You should always include information like that when posting on an Outlook forum. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/arti...

sending mail from 2 email addresses
I have successfully got our exchange 2003 system to pull in mail for domainA.com and domainB.com Users have email addresses at both domains. Can Outlook2003 be configured to send mail from "EITHER" of the domains or does the Primary address in the recipient policy always rule. TIA Gary The primary address rules. So much so that some people created a 'choosefrom' application for this situation: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml Alternatively, you could create a second mailbox for the second domain and have them use OWA for the second client (which would need ...

Outlook email
I constnatly get four copies of e-mails sent to more than one recipient. Also, they show up in folders I never wanted them to show up in. What should I do? If you have anti virus integrated with Outlook, uninstall that AV, reboot, reinstall AV without the outlook integration "mswao" <mswao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83B4100-CC53-451D-956C-D7749D155B22@microsoft.com... >I constnatly get four copies of e-mails sent to more than one recipient. > Also, they show up in folders I never wanted them to show up in. What > should > ...

Delayed Email #5
Having a sporadic problem with my Exchange 2003 SP2 server. At random times mail is delayed anywhere from 10-45 minutes. If you send a test message to yourself it'll set in your outbox for ~ 20 seconds before it leaves and then arrives in your mailbox 10-45 minutes later. Most users are running Outlook 2003 SP2. I checked OWA and the message wasn't there either so it's not an Outlook issue. I also tried restarting all the Exchange services but that didn't help either. Now once one message arrive it seems they all arrive at the same time and then the problem clears up unt...

email problem
We have email problems with several of our clients and customers. To these customers, every time when we email out (using Outlook) with attachments, such as .doc and .pdf and .jpg files. These email was received with one large garble inline text message, but no attachment, by these customers. However, if we send out same email by web based email, such as yahoo or Gmail, the attachments are received OK by the same customers. One major customer is always have this same problem with our email with attachment. They use Gmail by Google. This customer is using web based Gmail browser to receive o...

Handling more than one email template
Hi, I'm a freelancer and depending on what company I am doing work for I'd like to set up Outlook to use more than one email template (html stationery style). Currently, Outlook is set up that one stationery style is used no matter what mailbox account I use. I'd ideally like Outlook to apply a stationery style depending on what email account I chose to send the email from. It's easy in Outlook Express as you just chose the stationery style from a drop down list. But I can't find a quick way of how to change stationery styles in Outlook. Any advice would be very...

Lost ability to print multiple copies of email
I am only able to print one copy at a time of an email. Though I tell the printer to make copies in quantity, I only get one copy. This happenned all of a sudden. For the other programs I use, Excel, Word etc., I am able to print the number of copies I direct the printer to do. Any advice? Update your printer driver? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

Default email address and OWA authenitcation issue
We have an Exchange server setup for multiple companies to use. AD Domain is say “company.com”. I create a new user and remove them from the recipient update so they don’t pick up the default email address of xyz@company.com I add manually their email address as xyz@anothercompany.com. They can logon to domain and sent email etc. When they access email via OWA it just bounces the password back. If I create them an address in the @ company.com it works. Event log indicated unknown user or invalid password. Im not sure I understand why this is happening? is it that the presence of...

Changing the name part of a From address in outbound emails
When emails are sent from one of our pcs, the name of the pc (APC017) is being displayed to the email's recipient as part of the 'From:' field (ie. the From field shows APC017<mail@mycompany.com>). How do we change the APC017 part? We have changed the Display Name and other properties but it has not made any difference. We don't want to change all of our email addresses - just customise this specific one. We are using Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003. Apologies if this is something really simple! Many thanks Graham You will most l...

Distribution Group email replies: Automatically get 'From' to show Group email address?
We have set up a distribution list in Exchange 2003 (support@companyname.com.au) so that several support staff receive these incomign emails from clients. We want our replies to those emails to look as if they come from that support@ email address again. In very old posts, from 2002 to 2004, the same question gas already been posed and the answer has been for the person replying to ***manually*** click the "From" button so they can choose the distribution group email address. Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when replying to distribution list emails the dis...

Can't access Contacts when Sendin Email
Sending email =96 can=92t get to contacts I have two newly installed Outlook 2003 on two separate computers. I thought I installed them tin the same manner. But I get different results when I attempt to add recipient names in the send field. In each case, in the respective =93contact=94 section, I have a list of names and email addresses laid out the same way. When I click in the =93To=94 field on a new message, each brings up a =93Select Names dialog. But on one, the =93Show Names From List=94 box shows =93contacts=94, with t= he Contacts listed below, permitting easy entry...

email auto reply
Is there any way to set up an automatic "out of the office" reply to incoming email in Outlook? I have looked all over and can't seem to come up with an answer. Thanks The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. If you're not, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please r...

Sorting email in Outloo 2003
I have an user that will go to any mail folder and highlight who it is From or To and then click on the from or to feild and it will sort the emails and come up right at that person's name that they highlighted. Lately he highlights the persons name and trys to sort them together, but it goes to the first email not the person he highlighted. Any Ideas????? what do you mean "but it goes to the first email, not the person he highlighted"? Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "I not only use all the bra...

send email when condition is TRUE???
Hello, I want to send myself an email (or a message, anyhow) when a date in cell is overdue. Is that possible in Excel -- fren ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26840 frens, see if this will help http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is al...

Junk email not working for some emails
The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain people and not others. For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list and is automatically moved to the Junk Email folder. And I think it is regardless of the domain. I guess I could create a rule to move them, but why isn't the Junk E-mail feature working for some e-mails? aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote: > The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain > peopl...

Transfers between accounts Money tracks & Budget ???
I am trying out Money and would like to buy it except for one little thing... I am keeping track of two checking accounts, a savings account, and a credit card. When I make a payment to my credit card, I can efficently see the reduction in debt and in my balance by doing one of 3 things. #1 Set the catagory to Transfer To: Credit Card #2 Set the catagory to "Special" Credit Card Payment #3 Use the Transfer tab Unfortunately, Money will not track these in my budget. I want it to include and track the payments I am making on my credit card. At first, I would enter the one ...

exporting email
Is there any way to export a mail folder from Outlook 2002 to a database file and to maintain the date of the mail items? Every time I export, I lost the date and time of the mail items. Thanks. ...

Outlook sends same email multiple times
Outlook 2002 has just started to send email with attachments a number of times eventhough I only checked send once - any ideas? ...