How to tell who is currently logged into Exchange Server 2003

Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox?

Thank you.
0
Danny (88)

"Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox?
>
>Thank you.

Look in Exchange System Manager. Drill down to the mailboxes on the
navigation pane and view the list in the content pane.
You can see the mailbox name, last logged on by person and both the
logon and log off times.
You can then see who's on the server.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

CRM and Exchange 10-22-03

get the username of the logged on user
I am creating a windows service which is running under Localsystem account. How can i find out the username of the currently logged in user. GetUserName() function returns "SYSTEM". Even the GetTempPath() function returns the path of systems temp directory. And every access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key gives me wrong information as the current user in such case is .Default Can anyone please tell me a way to find out the name of the logged in windows user??? The service has to run in system context so i cant change it. Thanks in Advance... "Rohit Kumar" <Roh...

SMTP Service on CRM Server?
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for a yes/no answer. Is it OK for me to enable the SMTP service on my 2003 CRM Server? I don't see why it would cause any problems but I wanted to poll the group before proceeding. I need SMTP to send automatic emails after a post-callout. Thanks in advance! Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I had a customer who had the SMTP service running on the CRM server to enable a POP3 connector and I did not see any side effects...so my vote is 'Yes'. C "Razorback" <Razorback@discussions.mic...

Terminal server CRM Outlook Sessions affects CRM desktop outlook
Hi; CRM 4: I have a user who uses Outlook CRM client both on her desktop and on her Terminal Server session (not at the same time). She has a problem in that the CRM toolbar and tracking becoming disabled on the desktop when she has been using CRM Outlook via the terminal server. I have looked at her CRM settings using the Terminal Server CRM client and it has the "use this client for synchronisation tick box" greyed out but with a tick in it. I would have thought that this should not be ticked as it is not the main CRM Outlook tool for the user. Any help greatly appreciated....

Cached Exchange and GAL Problem
I have a windows domain with an Exchange organisation that houses multiple e-mail domains. Each E-mail domain belongs to a different company and has its own GAL. When the users login via terminal services and start Outlook they only see the users within their own company. This is fine, no problem here......Some of these users connect with the same username and password using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP that connects to exactly the smae Exchange organisation. When using cached exchange mode and the user clicks on the address book, it displays the entire organisation including information about t...

Outlook and news server details...
Does anyone know where, on-line you can get the details that allow you to read these newsgroup messages in Outlook Express, rather than on the web? Like the "proper" group names and the likes... As always, thanks in advance to use Outlook Express (or any other news client) to read the Microsoft newsgroups, use msnews.microsoft.com as the server name. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Exchange connection with RPC over HTTP
Hi, Ive been trying to connect to out uni's exchange server (2003) from off-campus from within outlook, however the dont allow connections through the standard Exchange protocol unless youre on campus. Ive attempted to set up RPC over HTTP however it allows me to connect and verify my username and password but then says the connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavaliable. In addition i can use the activsync protocol to sync my phone with the server but there doesnt seem any other way to access it except OWA. Does anyone know if theres a way to use the activesync protocol to syn...

Installing SBS SP1 after Windows 2003 SP2 ?
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003 that has had 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2' installed on it but 'Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1' has NOT been installed on it. I found this out by running Best Practices Analyzer in preparation for migrating to Small Business Server 2008. Having SBS SP1 installed is one of the 2008 pre-requisites. Are there any issues with installing SBS SP1 after Window 2003 SP2 ? Regards Michael Shouldn’t be any problem. Just follow the procedures in the following (multi-page) article: How to install ...

Keeping both Office 2003 and 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software without removing the old one. Thanks :) Dual Boot operating systems. A.P. wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and > 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software > without removing the old one. > > Thanks :) Hi AP, Theoretically yes, but I don't recommend trying it with the 2010 beta. -- Cheers ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

Same account, multiple SMTP servers
I have a user that travels between two job sites and his home on a regular basis. He is using Outlook 2002 and is getting tired of having to change the outbound SMTP server all of the time. I have not been able to find any registry entries that record the SMTP server that would allow me to create some registry files he could click before starting Outlook. Is there any provision in Outlook for trying different servers in priority order until one works? Any other ideas for solving this problem? Thanks, Scott Why don't you just set up a different email account for each STMP account? &g...

Outlook 2003 is better than I thought
Is this the latest version? At first I wanted to stay with Eudora but after using this I can understand why Eudora is no longer beign sold in stores. Although it was my first pop3 client, Outlook 2003 is many times better. However I do miss Pure Voice. But most did not use this, and most will not (because of the advent of cell phones). But then again Pure Voice was nice for sending voice mails to overseas people. John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heave...

ie8 log on to this board is weird
Running XP, SP3 - Whenever I try to get on this board, I go to the log on screen and put in my log in info and then I get the ie window that says it cannot open this web site and it lists a couple of options to check for connection etc. However, if I immediately click on the link to this website in "Favorites" again, it opens up the site and shows me logged in. I have to go through this every time I try to get on the site. Is is something in my INternet Options settings?? Also, is there a setting that makes the browser open up maximized, instead of small screen by...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

insert>video option is grayed out in frontpage 2003
the option is grayed out on the menu. Take a look at this article: How to insert a video in FrontPage 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825508/en-us -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "pagewest" wrote: > the option is grayed out on the menu. ...

What is best way to migrate 15 users in a remote site from a local to a central server?
Hi, We have a mostly Windows (and Exchange) 2000 network, that is based upon Citrix. We have one site left where they use a local Exchange server, rather than the main one at the HQ. I need to migrate the users onto the centrally based server, and although there are only 15 or so users, the mailboxes can be up to 2 gig in size. We connect to the local site via an ASDL router, so such massive data going across the network is not really an option. I was thinking of egoing to the site, and using the Exmerge utility to save the mailboxes onto a DVD, and then restoring them from disk onto the cent...

Upgrading 2k to 2003
I have bought a new server which i would like to install and run Exchange 2003. I currently am running Exchange 2k. How can i upgrade, and move all mailboxes, public folders to the new server running Exchange 2k? Also I have some remote users who will need to connect directly to information store as if they were sitting at the home office. In Exchange 2k you could open the RPC on the firewall and make some configuration changes in the registry of the exchange server, to make this happen. Doesnt Exchange 2003 use RPC over HTTP for this? if so how can i make this work for my remote users so ...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...

Exchange 2000 OWA Problem
I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. However when I try and access from outside the network, I can't and receive a "page can't be displayed" error message. I believe my DNS settings are correct, but when I go to http://servername/exchange (using fully qualified domain server name), the error message comes up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Martin On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:59:01 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. >Ho...

Installing Exchange 2007 into exsiting organization
This is the first Exchange 2007 we have. Current environment is a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 in native mode. During the installation step, it is asking me to enter the name of organization, which I am hesitate to do -- I don't want to create a new Exchange organization under our domain. What should I do so it will pick up the exsiting organization and try to add itself into there ?? I am sorry, let me provide more info about the above post. I read this arcitle: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/54c6e6d4-aa19-4d30-87b6-31a1ca018a3f.aspx and was following the instruction ...

populating from sheets -- and PLEASE don't tell me I need VB!
Stupid newbie question, Excel 2003: I have a 2 sheet document. SOME of the info from Sheet 1 needs to appear on Sheet 2. For example, Sheet 1 Column G values need to be populated to Sheet 2 as Column B, Column H needs to be Column D, etc. Is there any way to automate this without having to write a VB script? I know a macro could kind of do it, but I don't think it could take all the parameters, since Sheet 1 is constanly being altered (i.e., new values, etc.). Oh, and all rows are relational so that G3 value from Sheet 1 when it goes to Sheet 2 B17 also has to have H3 from Shee...