how to stop rules created by the asence assistent

HI NG,

we use Exchange 2000 SP3.
I allowed the users to send absence notices during their hildays, but
disallowed forwarding rules.

Although i ysecured the systenm by this way, the users find a
possibility to forward emails through the absence assistent.

I don=B4t want to forbid this, but is there a way to stop these rules at
a central point of administration? Or do I need to disallow absence
notices?

Birte

0
loadhigh (17)

Exchange2003 Service Account Permission Stops Working After Exch2007 Install
We have Exchange 2003sp2 installed on Windows 2003sp1 and an account that is part of the Domain Admins group was granted service account permission that has been working well for over 3 years now. We installed Exchange2007 on a seperate server on the domain and the Service Account permission that has been working in Exchange2003 stopped working. I assume this happened as a result of the schema changes that Exch2007 install did on our Active directory. When I looked at the properties > Security settings of the server from System Manager the user with the service account rights still...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

Outlook has stopped responding
and needs to be shutdown. This is occurring when the user attempts to reply or forward a message. Ive sent the error report to msft, who said update patches, which I did. Still no good. Also tried (prior) uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP) So you've run all the updates and rebooted - & still have the problem. Try emptying the deleted items folder. Next, archive old messages to reduce the size of the .pst file. Finally, if neither resolves the problem, check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;Q272227 to repair the .pst file...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Medicine Assistance Is Donated To The Uninsured By American Consultants Rx
As a counselor I am always looking for helpful programs. Here is a good one offered by American Consultants Rx at http://www.acirx.org ..Free discount prescription cards with no enrollment or eligibility requirements as well as saving my clients up to 60% off of the cost of prescription drugs.This program really helps so check it out it may help. And your question on Excel is ... ? Pete On Nov 15, 12:38 am, n3hl7oyf <charityauctiong...@gmail.com> wrote: > As a counselor I am always looking for helpful programs. Here is a > good one offered by American Consultants Rx athttp://ww...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Rules don't work automatically anymore
OL '03 My rules don't run anymore. I have to run them manually. I know there's a known problem as far as not running when you first start OL up, but even when its been running, they don't seem to be working. If I go in manually and run a particular rule, though, it works. Any ideas? Thanks. Ken Ken Isaacson <No Spam> wrote: > My rules don't run anymore. I have to run them manually. I know > there's a known problem as far as not running when you first start OL > up, but even when its been running, they don't seem to be working. > If I g...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

NosmoQ, good for health, can stop smoking addiction..
�CIGARETTE SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH� We know already that smoking habit is bad to our health right? So wh we continue doing that habit in spite we know the bad effect if yo continue doing that? If you feel hard to quit so here�s I could offe to you �NOSMOQ� product. If you really try our product you could qui within one week only for more information to our product just simpl click this link: http://partnerclicks.net/click.php?APID=2&affID=0001017 Or if you have more questions regarding our product just mail me a dairycharz_84@yahoo.com Our address in Japan: Kawai Bldg 6...

Create a new restore point
How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore point. OldEd On 3/9/2010 5:14 PM, OldManEd wrote: > How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I > go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore > from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore > point. > OldEd Click "Computer" in start menu th...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Creating new P&ID master symbols
I would like to create a new master P&ID valve symbol and add it to the Valves and Fittings stencil. I want to duplicate the tags and properties of exisisting valves so that it functions like the other valves in the stencil (auto-numbers, same data fields, etc.). Is there a way to copy all the information (not just the shape properties) from one valve and apply it to the new one? Use the Shape Conversion command from the Process Engineering menu to do this. Here are the steps: 1) Drag an existing valve onto the page so that there is at least one valve in the document. 2) If your ...

out of the office/office assistant
outlook 2002 under tools I do not have a out of the office slection I tried to change a setting under advanced settings but this did not work. I think I need to make a registrey change but can not find one for the 2002 product. please help Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm jay wrote: > outlook 2002 under tools I do not have a out of the > office slection I t...

Calendar Print Assistant won't install
I need to tweak my calendar - it cuts off print after one line, prints too small, etc. So I came across Calendar Print Assistant, but it won't install. I was using a non-geniuine version of Office, and wanted this calendar assist program so much I bought a legit version and installed it. But the installation of the assistant program says "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. One or more copies of MS Office installed on this computer are not genuine." It asks if I want to resolve this issue, and it takes me to a MS page that verifies that I am running a le...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

Rules error !!
outlook 2003 exchange 2003 error; "one or more rules could not be uploaded to exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules" I understand about 32k limit rule,but why does same problem keep occurring even if I make rules client side Also have deleted rules and now new rules creation seems to work sometimes and sometimes not Also replicated over other networks have setup using windows 2000/exchange 2000 too Tried cleansweep, but that refused to delete any rules A...

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...

Treo 650 and exchange sync 30 day rule
I have a Treo 650, I use Versamail to sync with exchange to get my mail. I would really prefer to only use that for my mail and sync with hotsync to get my contacts and calendar but i was told that was not possible. But since I have been using the exchange sync my calendar on my treo only goes back 30 days. I can't look at appointments past 1 month. I call my carrier and they had something on file that said it was an exchange setting. I checked in Outlook under the free/busy settings but that doesn't seem like it will help. Where in exchange can I check settings for individual...

How do I stop automatic changing of hyphens to dashes?
How do I stop Publisher changing the characters I type - like short hyphens - to long dashes? Tool, AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat As You Type tab, uncheck Hyphens (--) with dash (-). -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Keefiedee" <Keefiedee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88286C88-1775-4EA5-9EED-FEFD3D5979A6@microsoft.com... > How do I stop Publisher changing the characters I type - like short hyphens - > to long dashes? ...

stop relay from myself...
How do you stop people relaying from me@domain.com to me@domain.com? We are starting to get more and more SPAM for ourselves..:). Thanks for the help! That isn't relaying. Relaying would be if an outside server sent a message from me@domain.com to you@someotherdomain.com through your mail server. What you are describing is Spoofing. You can't really stop someone else from spoofing your domain - at least not without a 3rd party anti-spam package. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)...