how to share contacts?

hi to all,
how to share contacts between users in exchange 2003?
thanks in advance

0
art8581 (2)

Create a public folder that holds contact items.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"art" <art@antcom.co.il> wrote in message
> hi to all,
> how to share contacts between users in exchange 2003?
> thanks in advance

0
neil.hobson (1158)
10/25/2004 2:08:23 PM
art wrote:
> hi to all,
> how to share contacts between users in exchange 2003?
> thanks in advance

As Neil's reply says, it's really best to use a public contacts folder for
business contacts. Leave the mailbox contacts for other (personal) contacts.
You don't want to run into problems when you delete someone's mailbox and
discover that they had stuff other people needed.....

However, you can share mailbox contacts folders - right-click, properties,
permissions - add whomever you wish, with the permissions you want. Then the
other user(s) can use file | open | other user's folder | mailbox/contacts.

0
lanwench (7567)

Accessing the contacts when writing a new e-mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello, i have a very strange problem with my Entourage E-Mail client. I set up the connection to our Exchange server and everything is working fine so far. I can access the contacts in its own menu, but my problem is, that i can't access them when writing a new e-mail. I pick the right address book from the drop down menu but it does not show any contacts to add to the &quot;To:&quot; field. <br> I installed Office for Mac on a second Mac, an iBook G4 with 10.4 Tiger wi...

Public Contact List and E-Mail Errors
I am using Exchange Server 2003 When I right click on a contact in my Public Folder's Contact Folder, I click on "New Message to Contact" and it tells me: Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list Furthermore, when I type a name in the To field of an e-mail, it doesn't not go to autocomplete any name in the Public Folder's Contact Folder. It only autocompletes Users that are setup under Active Directory. (This is with "Show Names from the:" option set to &quo...

outlook webaccess does not show contact names #2
Greetings, I have just installed exchange 2003 and do not see any names in the contact list while using outlook web access. Using regular outlook I have many many names in my contact list but it is not showing when I use OWA. Normally i create new mail, click "To" button and my list of contacts appear. Is there anything on the server end I need to set for thit to work in OWA? ...

sharing calender in crm ?
hi all would like to find out that the calender inside crm is individual calender only or it is possible to share it out to other users or a team ? thank you ...

Outlook Contacts (shared mailbox)
OS - Windows 7 Outlook 2007 SP2 Exchange 2007 SP2 I have a user that uses a generic (company info) mailbox for his calendar and contacts. He has full mailbox rights setup on the generic mailbox and has no problems accesses the items in the mailbox. The issue is that when they click TO: he wants to be able to access the contacts from the company info mailbox and not his own or the GAL. We can't use public folders w/ favorites becuase they're using the company info mailbox on there iPhone's to sync with company info mailbox. Any solution would be awesome :) -...

Exporting [contacts] from 2003 to 2000 or 2002
I am trying to import an Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2002 but get an invalid file format. You would think that being only one version apart that it would be no problem. Any ideas? You haven't been paying attention then. The default format for PST files changed in Outlook 2003. It is one of the biggest and most well documented changes. You'll have to create a PST file in the old format in Outlook 2003 for older versions to have access to them. File > Hew > Outlook Data File... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Raul Calzada" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Macros don't work in shared workbook?
I could have sworn they did in others that I've used where the workbook is shared. Is there anything I should be looking at? I fully understand that we can't view or edit them when they're shared, but the macros should work, shouldn't they? It would defeat the purpose of having them, I would have thought. So obviously, I'm missing something. But what ... that's the question <g>. In general, macros should work in shared workbook--if the user allows macros to run(!). But maybe your macros are trying to do illegal stuff in that shared workbook and you'...

How to synchronise calendar and Contact with other outlook users ?
I would like to share and synchronise my calendars & contacts Actually i use OSASYNC to do this, but i saw that with the new version of Office2007, we can share documents (i do it for excel for example) Does anyone now the trick??? Thanks Fabien There are different options for sharing in Office 2007. First start by reviewing the option that are available by going to the Help menu and searching Share. This may answer your question if not let us know Best Regards, -- Francine Otterson Microsoft Outlook MVP President, San Diego Outlook User Group i see the help file, but it's ...

Sharing calendar
I have about 30 people on my exchange server and I have set the "default and Aynomous" rights to reviewer under share my calendar for everyone. However I cannot see about 7 of these people any ideas. Am I missing something email address is blake.ledet@tfmx.com That setting enables them to see your calendar, not you to see theirs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "exchange calendars" <exchange calendars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A44B5091-8205-403B-A9BD-00C3AE11769F@microsoft.com.....

contacts being deleted
I have had several users complain about contacts being deleted from both Exchange and their Blackberry devices. The reports I have are that this is happening between 12 and 12:15 every night. I don't see any obvious Exchange maintenance that happens at that time that would cause this and was wondering if anybody here might have some suggestions? We're running Exchange 2007 SP2. Thanks. Is this just happening with Blackberry users? Exchange does not just delete contacts without end user intervention. Reports are just that, I would verify with a Blackberry device when ...

How can I copy my contacts in Earthlink
....to my folder on an Exchange Server in Outlook "EarthLink" as in the web service? You'll need to export them to a format Outlook can import. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities i...

Is there a simple way to move contacts?
Help!!! I am trying to move my "contacts" data base to a new computer and can't find a simple way to do so. I have tried calling MS but no luck finding help. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Not sure what version of Outlook you are using, but look for files with a *.PST and/or *.PAB extension. (Contacts are stored in the *.PST while the *.PAB is a legacy personal address book.) "Dale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55a301c47433$609e7cd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Help!!! > > I am trying to move my "contacts"...

Outlook 2007 Ignoring Mail Format Configured for Contact
I need to send emails to a particular internet recipient (i.e., not in exchange) in Plain Text. I attempted to configure this in the following ways: Attempt 1: 1) Open Contact window 2) Double click Email... field under Internet section 3) Set Internet format to "Send Plain Text only" Attempt 2: 1) Open Contact window 2) Right click Email... field under Internet section 3) Select Send Option... 4) Check "I want to specify the format..." 5) Select "MIME" -> "Plain Text" Attempt 3: 1) Same as steps 1-4 in Attempt 2 2) Select "P...

organizing contact info
morning Is there a way to view all contact info ie. e-mails, meetings, phon call summaries , personal reports on meetings pre-client,,, on on page ( as in Act ). If you open a contact and click the Activities tab, you should get a list of all the items associated with that contact...does that help? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "bryan" wrote: > morning > Is there a way to view all contact info ie. e-mails, meetings, phone > ...

Shared task list, determine if text was changed after creation.
Is it possible to tell if the text of a task has been changed since it was created? In Outlook 2007 I have permission to enter tasks on someone else's task list. Is it possible to tell if after I created the task, whether or not the other person changed the text? ...

Attaching Excel contacts to ACT!
I am connected to ACTS data base, and I'm trying to attach an Excel delimited text document to my ACT! data base. I have both data bases active on the desktop and I keep getting the prompt that I cannot connect because the ACT! data base is not open. ...

Change default application used by the "Call Contact" feature
Hi there! This is the situation in my compagny : we've recently implemented the "Asterisk" VoIP solution. It works pretty well with the "eyeBeam" softphone. However we have a problem in the MS Outlook 2003 application. Indeed, even if the add-in available in the contact section works, we'd like to directly use "eyeBeam" when we use the "Call Contact" feature. The feature is available when we do a right-clic on a contact name in an email header, then "call", finally "call NUMBER". Actually, its lauches the "Windows Live ...

Link contact to multiple accounts
In MSCRM a contact can have only one account. How can I link contact to multiple accounts ? I have a contact person who is 1. VP of Eng of company A 2. Board of director of company B 3. Board of director of company C How do I store this information ? How do I customize ? Do I create a relation ? Any thoughts ? Arch. You could use the Powerrelate feature of Powertrak Core from Axonom, Inc. This is an ISV MS CRM add-on that does exactly that, and more. See www.axonom.com Peter "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405101222.52422bb@posting.google.c...

Sharing for User that has been deleted from AD
Hi, I would not be able to share object to active users since the owner/creator of the object had been deleted from AD. The error was the selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exist in both db and AD. The workaround that i performed was reassigned the record to new user. However, I still cannot remove the old owner from sharing form. In addition, when i tried to share with active user, the above error would come up again. Are there any solution for this issue? Rgd, Carrie Hi, I have the same issue that the users were deleted in the AD. We assigned all record t...

Sending a Knowledgebase Article to a Contact
Hello, In a customer support role, we believe that we will want to frequently answer support questions by simply sending the appropriate knowledgebase article to the client. Is there any easy way of doing this (other than cut and paste)? It's seems like an obvious thing to want to do, but I can't see any way of doing it. Nich Overend Hi Nich. Out of the box you cant do this, you would have thought this would be an integral part of crm! You would have to create a customisation to provide an email button to send the html text to the user. "Nich" <Nich@discussions....

multiple copies of contacts after sync, and only one category is showing in address book
I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Also he has his contacts separated into categories and only one shows in the address book - how can I get them all to show? thanks in advance for your help. mleon he is using outlook 2003 michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com <michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com> wrote: > I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies > of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Select the duplicates and click Delete. > Also he has his contacts separated...

Contact Sync between CRM 3.0 and Outlook
If I enter a new contact in CRM 3.0 and link it to a parent customer, the sync'ed contact entry in Outlook does not contain the parent account information in the company field on the "General" page although the parent account information made its way into Outlook as a user defined field, being named Parent Account and containing exactly what I would like to see in the company field on the "General" page. Working as designed? Bug? Configurable? Workaround (OL-Makro to move the contents of the "Parent Account" to the "company" field)? Markus ...

Link excel workbook sharing
Hi I am having excel Xp arabic enabled, the shared exel workbook with links are working fine with the owner where as the shared user cannot see the data updated in linked sheets automatically from his side. Please advice..! -- RIz Khan Is the person making the changes saving the workbook? The changes have to be saved before others can see the changes. And when you shared the workbook, there is an Advanced tab (on the Tools|share workbook dialog) that allows you to specify when the updates should be seen. From xl2002's help: Seeing other users' changes Each time you save the ...

How to use a delegate contact folder
For example some one delegate to you his contact folder and you don't want to copy his contact to your personal contact you want to use directly his contact folder when you want to send an E-mail?? please help and excuse my english. cheers! Anthony If you have company contacts, best to put them in a public contacts folder, really - set permissions as you need them. Everyone can add that PF as an address book in outlook if they wish. If you still want to try using another person's folder, here's how: 1. Start with a profile that logs directly onto the other user's mailbox...

The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
I have enabled in Active Directory restricted login to computers for various users allowing them to only log on to their personal workstations. Doing so has made it so they can no longer access the Outlook Web Access. When I set the user to be able to log on to all computers then OWA works fine. Does anyone know how to enable restricted workstation logon and still allow the user to access OWA. I did allow the user logon rights to the mail server, but that didn't work. The error displayed to the user is: The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted. There are no additional errors in the...