How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users

Dear All,

Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the
properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits"
which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul
number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings
and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the
users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of
Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't
want this Global Settings for recipient  limits to be applied to all users,
i want to apply it for certain users only, or i want to exclude some VIP
users from such settings.

is it doable ?

Regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

0
alaa (132)

The user settings should override the Global settings.

Nue
"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" <alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the
> properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient
> Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the
> defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this
> settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to
> all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global
> Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such
> settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient  limits to be
> applied to all users, i want to apply it for certain users only, or i want
> to exclude some VIP users from such settings.
>
> is it doable ?
>
> Regards
>
> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/10/2006 9:43:58 PM
You can only set message size restrictions on a per user basis.

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the
> properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits"
> which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul
> number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings
> and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the
> users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of
> Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't
> want this Global Settings for recipient  limits to be applied to all users,
> i want to apply it for certain users only, or i want to exclude some VIP
> users from such settings.
>
> is it doable ?
>
> Regards
>
> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

0
knightly (222)
5/10/2006 9:46:02 PM
Neuvo,

you know what ? i am very lazy, i checked the properties of single user,
browsed all the tabs, but i don't know why i didn't browse the delivery
options ? really i don't know ?

thanks Neuvo, really thank you :)

Regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The user settings should override the Global settings.
>
> Nue
> "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" <alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote in message
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the
>> properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient
>> Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the
>> defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this
>> settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to
>> all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global
>> Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such
>> settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient  limits to be
>> applied to all users, i want to apply it for certain users only, or i
>> want to exclude some VIP users from such settings.
>>
>> is it doable ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 9:50:08 PM
Neuvo,

you know what ? i am very lazy, i checked the properties of single user,
browsed all the tabs, but i don't know why i didn't browse the delivery
options ? really i don't know ?

thanks Neuvo, really thank you :)

another question, since I can override the global settings how can i
override these settings for lets say 100 VIP user ? don't tell me to do it
for all the users manually ? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ? i know
that you can find a solution, so is there any solution to change this bulk
of users ?

Regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The user settings should override the Global settings.
>
> Nue
> "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" <alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote in message
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the
>> properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient
>> Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the
>> defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this
>> settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to
>> all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global
>> Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such
>> settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient  limits to be
>> applied to all users, i want to apply it for certain users only, or i
>> want to exclude some VIP users from such settings.
>>
>> is it doable ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 9:52:38 PM
On Thu, 11 May 2006 00:52:38 +0300, "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar"
<alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote:

>Neuvo,
>
>you know what ? i am very lazy, i checked the properties of single user,
>browsed all the tabs, but i don't know why i didn't browse the delivery
>options ? really i don't know ?
>
>thanks Neuvo, really thank you :)
>
>another question, since I can override the global settings how can i
>override these settings for lets say 100 VIP user ? don't tell me to do it
>for all the users manually ? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ? i know
>that you can find a solution, so is there any solution to change this bulk
>of users ?

admodify would probably work.
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2

>Regards
>
>Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
>
>"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The user settings should override the Global settings.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" <alaa@arabesque.com.kw> wrote in message
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the
>>> properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient
>>> Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the
>>> defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this
>>> settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to
>>> all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global
>>> Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such
>>> settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient  limits to be
>>> applied to all users, i want to apply it for certain users only, or i
>>> want to exclude some VIP users from such settings.
>>>
>>> is it doable ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

0
adavid (8731)

Using rules to filter out specific words in an HTML message
I am running outlook XP, and repeatidly receive a peice of junk mail, offering me prescription drugs. The message is nothing but an image, but there is a common peice of source code in that HTML message. However, when I add that peice of code to the "with specific words in the body" rule, it won't filter it out. How do I do that? ...

Recipient Policies #13
Hi all, I am a new Exchange admin and not being an expert at it, I have a question regarding Recipient Policies. Exchange 2003 w/ sp1 on windows 2003 domain, outlook 2003 client (and some outlook xp clients) We have 2 mailbox stores: The default one, Mailbox Store and one called No30Day The mailboxes in the default Mailbox Store get all emails older than 30 days deleted. The mailboxes in the No30Day are left alone. The previous exchange admin told me to make sure someone did not get their emails older than 30 days deleted via this policy, all I had to do was do a mailbox move with Excha...

not being prompted that user has file open
One of my clients has Excel 2000 and the other Excel 2003. A file has been saved to a shared network drive. The file has a password to modify. Neither one of the users is notified when they open the file that the other has the file open. The sharing feature is not turned on. I have heard of this happening before with other users. Could this be a version compatibility issue? -- maryj ...

Outlook 2002 Message Rules
Hello; Is there anybody know, where outlook stores message rules? I searched groups, but find nothing. Some say, there is a text file named "Junk Sender.txt" but there is not. Some say, it stores in "filters.txt" file, but only the rules stored in this file. When you go to "Tools->Rules Wizard->Junk Email Rule" I can see many e-mail addresses added by me. But I could not find where outlook stores those addresses. I searched complete disk by file content and registry keys where include one of those addresses. But find just nothing. Do you have any idea? ...

View User account which is submitting mails to IMS in 5.5
Hi , Few users connect to the mail server from internet using the IP address and send/receive mails.To stop relaying in my mail server, i selected only one option of " Users who authenticate succesfully can send mail ". With this setting it was working fine till Mydoom Virus came out.Now because of the virus, there are lot of unwanted mails in the IMS Queue.I Could check the IMC out folder and found that these mails are coming from users from Internet who are on dialup. Since only authenticated users can send mails,i feel few PC's connecting from internet are...

Need help with error message #3
I recieve the following error message when I try to import a .csv file from my desktop to my outlook 2000. I'm not sure how to add the correct translators, or fix the error. "A file error has occured in the comma seperated values (windows) translator while initilizing a translator to build a field map" ...

error message
what does this error message mean The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'allsmiles@tpg.com.au'. Subject 'c jjjjjjjjj', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au',...

Error message #87
I am incurring the following message in my Outlook: "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file C:\DocumentsandSettings\user\LocalSettings\ApplicationData \Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst.Quit all mail-enabled applicationsand then use Inbox Repair Tool". I am unsure how to proceeed and would greatlty appreciate some HELP or input with this problem. Thanks. mark <mark@protrade-fx.com> wrote: > I am incurring the following message in my Outlook: > > "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected > in the file > C:\Docu...

Error messages 1101 on background cleanup of Public folder store
Hi, Our public folder store on Exchange 2000 SP3 is reporting numerous errors 1101 regarding error occured on message during a background cleanup. this is on the MSExchange Public Folder store. I know these are not severe and can be ignored however is there a way that I can get rid of these messages by cleaning up the store. Will a defrag help or is something else available. I am planing an inplace upgrade to Exchange 2000 in a few weeks and want to resolve any issues. And just incase the question is asked we have to do an inplace upgrade because we do not have a new exchange server...

I CANNOT SET THE RULER ORIGINS BY DOUBLE CLICKING AS INSTRUCTED.
I have just installed a new version of Publisher 2003. When I try to reset the ruler origins by double clicking as intructed nothing happens. Can someone tell me wat I may be doing wrong? Thank you. Works for me Searched Publisher 2003 assistance for: "ruler" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=FX%2CHA%2CHP%2CQZ%2CRC%2CXT&Query=ruler&App=PB -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lesbill" <lesbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA8052E-7AC6-440A-A482-0...

Option Button
Currently I am trying to add an option button (macro) that when selected will average the last three months worth of data in another spreadsheet. So if the button were selected today it would pull in Nov, Dec, and Jan's numbers from(file1) and average them together and return it in cell I10 in (file2). TFTH, Tony ...

IE message: other content blocked
Hi, Sometimes I get a message from IE 8: "Pop-up is blocked. Also, to help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked other content from this site." Does anyone know how to find out what this "other content" is? Failing that, does anyone know, in general terms, what general type of "content" it might be? What sort of website behaviour would trigger the message? Thanks! Please try the IE7/IE8 group. The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In a proper newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.publ...

outgoing mail size limits on exchange 5.5
i am wondering how can i set outgoing limit size and how can i write a record to log when a outgoing mail is over the limit You can limit this on a per mailbox basis only. As far as logging, you may be able to scrape events from the application event logs, but you may need to tweek up diagnostic logging on the IS first. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "guangtutou" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B993FA6-3BE8-46DB-9B93-AC3C1620A6E7@microsoft.com... > i am wondering how can i set outgoing limit...

What setting will eliminate hyperlinks in my incoming emails
is there a setting to automatically open hyperlinks in my incoming emails? "Bedford" <Bedford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE0A1B9-1C9E-4E17-A469-D149DE2C6C48@microsoft.com... > is there a setting to automatically open hyperlinks in my incoming emails? How do you mean "automatically" open hyperlinks? Hyperlinks don't normally open until they are clicked on.... Bedford wrote: > is there a setting to automatically open hyperlinks in my incoming emails? Subject: eliminate hyperlinks Body: automatically open hyperl...

Windows Mail asking for user id & password
Hi, I've been using Windows Mail since I got Vista, with no problems. A few days ago it started asking me for my user id & password, but every time I enter them it comes up with an error message: Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"" I have a free yahoo email account, which I can still access via internet explorer. I have tried deleting my account and adding it ag...

Excel User Conference Information
There's a wonderful conference for Excel Users. Led by Excel MVP's and Excel gurus. Find out details at http://www.exceluserconference.com and sign up! This is the 4th time it's been done - Fort Worth, Atlantic City, London, and now Marina Del Rey, California. Come one, come all! ...

tables design and forms for setting up scheduling/accompl of clean
I am trying to set up tables, and forms for easy use for Maintenance dept. for the cleaning of areas of the factory. There is a set required schedule for each location in the plant. some areas are daily some weekly, some twice a week, etc. When they click on the location( on the Map of the plant form) I would like it take them to what is scheduled for that location for that day - they would also need to check off what has been completed for that day. Not sure on how to set up tables and form. Some fields I need are locationid, job#, date, freq? , job desc. etc. I would also like the o...

After IE8 install, one user account cannot open IE at all
I have three user accounts, one will not open up IE at all, and if I try to open a link to a website, get the error windows cannot open www.url.com etc Tried creating a new user account and having same issue there first two user accounts no problems at all any suggestions? Thank you Hi, OS version and service pack level? (upgrade or clean install?) ALWAYS test in no-Addons mode first. 99% of IE problems are addon releated. Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Connections tab? Start>Control Panel>Networking? "windows cannot open www.url.com etc&quo...

Exchange / Outlook Permssions: How do I limit access to mailboxes?
Exchange / Outlook Permssions: How do I limit access to mailboxes? UserA has a mailbox that the administrator can access in Outlook, via tools, e-mail accounts. I want to prohibit this access. One clue maybe that in Exchange Administrator, when I select the mailbox resource icon, the UserA mailbox indicates that the Windows NT Account for this mailbox is domain\administrator. This appearance occurs despite the fact that when I view the properties of UserA's mailbox, the primary Windows NT Account is domain\UserA. So, perhaps my real question is, how do I change the Windows NT A...

Adding users accounts from New domain on Ex5.5 Srv
Recently we have installed win2k AD in our company and migrated users from NT 4.0 using NTADM utility. We have trust between NT 4.0 and AD. Our 5.5 Exchange servers have mailboxes for NT 4.0 users. Now when I log on to new AD domain and try to access my mailbox I get "credential are incorrect" error. The only way to access my mailbox on Exchange 5.5 while I am logon from new AD Domain is if I add my account to (which is same as NT 4.0 account) mailbox from Exchange Admin program Tool -) Permission. I have 2000 users in my company to add to 5.5 mailboxes from new domain. Is...

E-mailing a message in Publisher
I have been using outlook to send my publisher documents as a message, however, I recently dicovered Windows Live Mail and I was wondering if there was a way to use this program instead of outlook to send my document as a message? I have publisher 2007 and use Vista (64-bit) Thanks for any input. Sarah ...

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

Ghost Messages
Emails from a former employee's account on our Exchange 5.5 server are being received by a current employee even though the former employee's mailbox has been deleted. Could the emails have been set to send at a future date and been held by the Exchange server outside of the former employee's mailbox? Robert 1 mailbox does not equal 1 email address, i.e. the new employee could have the old employee's email address in the account properties, so they would receive email directed to that address as well as their primary SMTP address. If you want to route all incoming m...

How to show filter settings in Pivottable chart in Excel 2007?
Hi, How do I get the Pivottable filter settings to be shown in the graph? This was excellent in the 2003 version. I circulate a lot of graphs based on the same Pivottable. Thanks Niklas Excel 2007 PivotChart Show report filter selection(s). http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmzuvz5mj1i/08_03_09.xlsm Tahnks! This helps for a while. Stupid thing to remove that feature. Niklas "Herbert Seidenberg" skrev: > Excel 2007 PivotChart > Show report filter selection(s). > http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmzuvz5mj1i/08_03_09.xlsm > ...