how to: "Send as" public folder

Exchange Srv 2003 with Outlook 2003

Ineed to send as public folder without Owner Perms ????
0
elliot475 (4)

Send As
Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window.  Go to
Permissions tab and click Administrative rights.   Add the users to ACL and
check Send As - Allow.  (You should read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331655)

Send On Behalf
Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window.  Go to
Exchange General tab and click Delivery Options.  Add the users to the
"Grant this permission to:" list under "Send on behalf.

PL

> Exchange Srv 2003 with Outlook 2003
>
> Ineed to send as public folder without Owner Perms ????

0
syplai (115)
1/8/2007 7:56:01 PM
In your Send As instructions, I think you mean "Directory Rights" and not
"Administrative Rights".

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"PL" <syplai@hotmail.com.(autodeletejunkemails)> wrote in message
> Send As
> Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window.  Go to
> Permissions tab and click Administrative rights.   Add the users to ACL
> and
> check Send As - Allow.  (You should read this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331655)
>
> Send On Behalf
> Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window.  Go to
> Exchange General tab and click Delivery Options.  Add the users to the
> "Grant this permission to:" list under "Send on behalf.
>

> PL
>

>> Exchange Srv 2003 with Outlook 2003
>>
>> Ineed to send as public folder without Owner Perms ????

0
neil.hobson (1158)
1/8/2007 9:26:15 PM
Yes, you are right.

PL

> In your Send As instructions, I think you mean "Directory Rights" and not
> "Administrative Rights".
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
>

> "PL" <syplai@hotmail.com.(autodeletejunkemails)> wrote in message
> > Send As
> > Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window.  Go to
> > Permissions tab and click Administrative rights.   Add the users to ACL
> > and
> > check Send As - Allow.  (You should read this:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331655)
> >
> > Send On Behalf
> > Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window.  Go to
> > Exchange General tab and click Delivery Options.  Add the users to the
> > "Grant this permission to:" list under "Send on behalf.
> >

> > PL
> >

> >> Exchange Srv 2003 with Outlook 2003
> >>
> >> Ineed to send as public folder without Owner Perms ????

0
syplai (115)

Exchange 2003 "Send As" does not exist??
in exchange 2000 i could allow a group of users to "Send As" a different mailbox. The mail would come "From" the shared mailbox with no hint that a different person was behind the email. with exchange 2003 all i can seem to to is to allow "Send On Behalf" which is a security problem for my company because the mail comes "From" the person On Behalf of the shared mailbox. can someone please tell me that there is a way to fix this? This really has not changed from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. You have to enable the Advanced View when using Act...

SEND AS not working anymore
I've moved a few users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. There is a generic mailbox still sitting on Exchange 2000 which those users have FULL MAILBOX ACCESS right. Those users have the generic mailbox opened in their OL profile in addition to their own personal mailbox. Prior to the move, they are able to SEND AS that generic mailbox. After the move, they're now getting... You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. Each user still has FULL MAILBOX ACCESS right to that mailbox. I also did this on the generic mailbox... PRO...

full permissions and send as
i have an admin account i want to use to run this exchange server calendar update tool. any idea how i can grant this account full permissions to all mailboxes without specifying one by one? Rather than grant full mailbox access in ADU&C grant it at the Exhange Org, Exchange Server or Store level in ESM. Oliver Specify on the store and mailboxes will inherit. You may need to set the reg key for ESM to show security tab 2nd half of: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312647 1.Click Start, point to Run, type Regedit in the Run box, and then click OK to start Registry Editor.2.Loc...

how to: "Send as" public folder
Exchange Srv 2003 with Outlook 2003 Ineed to send as public folder without Owner Perms ???? Send As Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window. Go to Permissions tab and click Administrative rights. Add the users to ACL and check Send As - Allow. (You should read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331655) Send On Behalf Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window. Go to Exchange General tab and click Delivery Options. Add the users to the "Grant this permission to:" list under "Send on behalf. PL > > Exchange Srv 20...

Track a message that was sent as a Send As someone else???
I have a user that sent an inappropriate email using someone else's mailbox from there own (I'm thinking he used Send As). Is there any ways of tracking this on the server or his desktop? Exchange2003/OL2003 Message Tracking. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-2003-Message-Tracking-Logging.html Oliver ...

Send as attachement
I have two users currently who if they are in an excel document and click the send as attachment button and enter a valid email address then click send, nothing happens, they close the document and save changes when prompted then the email that was suppose to be sent out pops up in their inbox instead of being sent. Anyone seen this and know what it's doing/why/how to fix it? Thanks! Scott ...

Publisher 2003 Send as email function
When I send as e-mail, I am loosing resolution and if the recipient forwards the e-mail, there are a host of formating issues like text boxes move, the logo is sliced in half. Any suggestions, please I am ready to chuck the computer! -- lyn There are many variable when directly sending a pub doc as an e-mail, what e-mail client you use, what one the recipient uses, whether or not the recipient can receive HTML, Rich Text, or text only messages, size limitation on messages, etc. Can you just send as an attachment or does the recipient not have Publisher? (and if not, can y...

Public folder send as permissions problem
Exchange 2000, outlook 2000. I have given myself send as permissions for a public folder from the Exchange System Manager so that I can setup an automatic reply from a public folder back to people who send emails to folder. This does not send the auto reply back to external addresses only internal email addresses. To test why this failed I tried sending email as folder from my mailbox and it says I do not have permissions. What am I doing wrong please. -- Kath ...

Specific steps to allowing receive as / send as for exmerge E2k3
Can someone tell me the exact specific steps to allowing "receive as" and "send as" for the "administrator" account as explained in Reference: (Exmerge rights for moving a mailbox to a pst file) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273642 Not a administrator type so need some help here! Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 Receive As should show up first in the list of permissions, Send As is in the same place. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "T...

Granting "send as" permissions
Exchange 2k3 Enterprise SP1, in an active/passive 2 server cluster on Win2k3 enterprise. In a 2k3 domain. The 2k3 domain was recently upgraded to 2k3 ... and the upgrade was completed after the Exchange 2k3 upgrade .. Anyways .. We are now unable to grant or revoke the "send as" permissions as detailed in KB 327000 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327000). This is as opposed to the delegate "on behalf of" permission, which is working just fine and dandy. We *used* to be able to do this, but are no longer able to. The "send as" and "receive as&qu...

Send As #2
I wish to use the Send As facility in Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. I have set permissions on the mailbox to allow the user to send on Behalf Of and also allowed Send As permissions on the mailbox as well. However, when I send an email using the other users address, I get the following returned: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." Do I need to set permissions elsewhere as well? You need to set Send As permissions directly on the AD object that owns the mailbox. The following KB article describ...

Bug in outlook 2002 unable to send as a public folder (from filed missing / dimmed)
Hi all I would like to ask your help. Env: Exchange 2k outlook 2002 on w2k terminal server outlook 2002 on ordinary Xp workstation, and w2k prof workstation All sp and patch allpied The problem: I set on exch 2k pulic folder send as right to a test user. If this user try to send any post or reply on that public folder the from field (under view) nvisible. If i try to open a post I can see the from filed , but it is dimmed.(grayed out) No mater if outlook 2002 running on terminal, or XP - w2k workstation AD object right checked under exchange system objects with ADSI edit. all is well conf...

"Send as" with a public folder email address does not work
Hi Guys, Running Exchange 2003, Have setup a public folder office@mydomain.com. All OK, users can view emails, and delete them. Using Exchange System Manager, i have given a couple users the "Send As" Permission under Directory Rights, however when the user tries to send an email with "office@mydomain.com", they get 'You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object'. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated! Trav. ...

Send As permissions #4
I'm getting an error from a user whom I've set up to open anothers inbox. The first user is able to read the second user's email but cannot send, reply, or forward from within that account. User one receives an undeliverable message stating they do not have permission to send to this recipient. Per one of the suggestions posted here (I cannot relocate it.) I then changed the user properties in Active Directory users and computers to add and grant the user "Send As" permissions. for another user's mailbox. After making the changes I still have the same probl...

"Send As" a Public Folder #2
Running Exchange 2003 SP2 with a mail enabled Public Folder. When setting a user to "Send As" the public folder we receive a 5.7.1 NDR You do not have permissions to send to this user. I have read quite a few articles pertaining to 5.7.1. NDR's but nothing seems to help. The only issue that I have read, but have not seen a resolution to is the fact that our domain suffix is '.local'. Any help would be appreciated. AlwaysAProblem <AlwaysAProblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 2003 SP2 with a mail enabled Public Folder. When setting a &...

Send as permissions -Exch 2K3Sp1 disappears
I have a user who has to be in the domain admin's group (UserA) and I'm trying to give another user (UserB) send as" permissions, and I'm getting hosed by the adminSDholder thread removing "UserB" from the security tab of "UserA". I've read several Q articles on AdminSDHolder, and thus far I haven't got any of the proposed solutions to work on my testbed. If anyone's dealt with this scenario and got it to work with UserB added ONLY to UserA's ACL (not to the group or the whole domain), could you post a step by step method to fix this.. (ple...

Default send as setting?
We have a mailbox called "IT Helpdesk" that people on the helpdesk have added to their outlook profile as an additional mailbox. when email comes in to the helpdesk mailbox they answer them by replying. we moved this mailbox from E5.5 to E2K3 last night. Prior to moving it, when the helpdesk personnel would reply to a message that came into the "IT Helpdesk" mailbox it would list their name in the from: field rather than "IT Helpdesk". Ever since moving the mailbox to E2K3 it now lists "IT Helpdesk" in the from: field. I've done several...

Send as/from Alias?
Hi, i have a primary SMTP address specified in AD users and computers. is it possible to send an email so that it appears as if it's come from one of my additional aliases and not my primary smtp address without having to change the primary address each time in AD? I realise you can get round this be having send as rights for another mailbox, but i would like to be able to simply send as an alias with the existing mailbox alone. FYI i tried this but the mail simply vanished - left my outbox, didn't arrive at the guy sat next to me, did't show up in MTA, nothing sat in queues ! :...

send as attachment
I have a workbook in Excel 2002 that I wish to send as an attachment. I have put the command on the toolbar, but it is greyed out. Same for Word. I know there must be a setting somewhere that I can change but can't find it. Thanks for your help. Am running Windows XP for Home use. Hi NC Read this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "confused in NC" <confused in NC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23F605D5-B5CB-496E-8E07-644C47ED65A4@microsoft.com... >I have a workbook in Excel 2002 th...

Send As won't work - Exchange 2003
I am trying to get the "Send As" privilege working and have followed the instructions in MSKB 327000. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327000 But I keep on getting the error: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." I have also set up both users with full permissions rather then just the Send As....but still no joy. Domain Admins have no problem doing a Send As someone else. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks ...

Send As instead of On Behalf Of
Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is not what is needed. Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance, Rob it's on the Security tab of the AD user's properties...make sure your ADUC has "View Advanced Features" selected in the view... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rob" <nothanks@nospam.com> wrote in message news:elXIdfD2GHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is > not what is needed. > Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 > Thanks in advance, ...

Send As privelage
We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 on a mixed W2K and W2K3 domain. After the upgrade, my users ability to Send As has been revoked. Because the Full Mailbox Access privelage no longer gave them acccess to Send As, I specifically granted that right under the Security for the AD user. For most of my users, this works fine. I have 5 users that will not take the Send As security addition. After I add the Delegate User, it appears as if it has worked. If I come back to it later, the Delegate User is gone along with the privelages I had given them. Any ideas? hi, the &...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

Help to Send as attachment.
I'm very new to excel and I have created a very simple sheet that wil allow some friends to make some football predictions. I will post link to what I have so far, but what I want to be able to do is instead of the email link that I have put into it, to be able to le them click it and it emails it to me as an attachment. Ultimately, I would like to be able to incorporate this into a executable (for those without excel, but I am also lacking i programming knowledge so for now I'll settle for this method. Here is the link: http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls Any help with this w...

Send As Permission for Admins
I have a BlackBerry Enterprise server established and I know about the security patch that MS installed to prevent domain admins from using another account to send email. Is there away around this so that I can send email from my BlackBerry? In news:OH3a$pPrGHA.4944@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Russ <tom@tom.com> typed: > I have a BlackBerry Enterprise server established and I know about the > security patch that MS installed to prevent domain admins from using > another account to send email. Is there away around this so that I > can send email from my BlackBerry? See ht...