How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP connectivity

Dear Experts,

Problem Description:

How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP
connectivity within outlook express to search in a
specific folder in the Active directory not all the
Active directory.
Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP
Professional - 5.1.2600

Computer manufacturer and model: Hewlett-Packard, HP d330
uT(DZ007A)

Thankx

0
amr.akkad (2)

"Akkad" <amr.akkad@gbrands.com> wrote in news:7f2f01c4959a$5f44e7b0
$a601280a@phx.gbl:

> How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP
> connectivity within outlook express to search in a
> specific folder in the Active directory not all the
> Active directory.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? This does not appear to be
exchange related.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

SOS! SharePoint Install
I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is Unavailable". Major disaster! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you reboot the server? "Lloyd" wrote: > I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server > 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I > double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is...

setup Internet Connection Fierewal (ICF)l on Exchange server
I tried setting up ICF on my Windows 2003 box where my Exchange 2003 is running on and my clients were not able to talk to the exchange server. How can this be setup without interrupting internal connectivity? Thanks, Rafael This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C3F0B7.357D4770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Some suggestions below.....=20 302914 - XCCC: How Outlook 2000 Accesses Active Directory 148732 - XADM: Setting TCP/IP Port Numbers for Internet Firewalls 155831 - XCCC: Sett...

Help with using data
Hi I would really appreciate some help with extracting data from Outlook. I have been building up a database of clients/prospectives, these are in various categories. I would like to extract/search on various fields as well as my own categories, all i can do with export is extract the whole lot to a tab delimited file. Or export categories to an rge file which I can't use. Any ideas out there? thanks Outlook's Search doesn't suffice? There are 3rd party search applications that might help. What sprcifically stops you from exporting to a format other than TSV? There are other...

Connectivity Issues with SQL Server 2005 in Workgroup Environment
Looking at the application event log, I find back2back the following two messages. Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx] SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]. I am running a remote asp .net application which runs on xxx.xx.xxx.xxx and makes db connection to this server, where this application event was logged. The asp .net is using impersonation. Why am I gett...

Need Advise for Two Email Domains
Hello-- We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new address. I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the outside. Ca...

Run-time error 438
I'm trying to find out why this code is not working. With Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").ListBox1 .Clear For FillCount = 1 To Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("E1") .AddItem Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("C1").Offset(FillCount, 0) Next FillCount .ListIndex = Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").Range("O1").Value End With Just to clarify, there is a sheet named "Multi-period Code data" and ListBox1 exists on the sheet. The err...

Real Programmers (TM) use MSFT C# not Linux languages (sez an expert)
Don't take my word for it, see what this nationally syndicated author and computer programming guru says... and note the reader's comment at the very end...about Linux...I think he's talking about Linux. Anyway the takeaway executive summary of this article is simple: C# rulz. RL http://programmingzen.com/2010/06/23/how-microsoft-is-changing-the-programm= ing-world/ How Microsoft is changing the programming world Posted on Jun 23rd, 2010 in .NET, Programming Languages | 47 comments Several years ago I knew a programmer, we=92ll call him Joe, who fancied himsel...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

Query--using Access 2007
I have a tblAddress table with a lookup field called TypeofAddressID. A company may have many addresses with different TypeofAddressID—such as 1 = Business, 2 = Mailstop, 3 = PO Box, and so on. I need to pull out TypeofAddressID # 1. Then if a 1 is not available, give me the type that is (which may be the PO address or Mailstop). I tried DLookup, Xor, and IIf([TypeofAddressID]=1, 1, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=2, 2, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=3, 3, 4))), but it is listing all addresses per company instead of either or. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster....

How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross
I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it? Option Explicit '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) '---------------------------------------------------------------- Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target With .EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) ...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

how can I enter 453. to show as 453 instead of 4.53 when using th.
I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as 4.53 But when I want to enter 60 and I enter 60. I get .60 Any thoughts? Enter 60. with the decimal point at the end. In article <B343D637-7039-48CA-AB16-6B389D3A441A@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want > to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as >...

Outlook 2003 and network connectivity
one of the client computer in my network was working fine till recently, when the user runs outlook the network connection dies completely. you have to log off to reinstate connection. it happens when with other application as well but occassionally. n e suggesssion? ...

I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel
Hi, Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name. Thanks Pelle Hi this is just the way Excel works. For a function translation see: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Searching this newsgroup
This is a great resource and I appreciate all who post here. Is there a way to search this news group? What I meant was a better way than the search thing which I can't seem to get working, as I know I saw something about putting Logos on the receipts here somewhere. >-----Original Message----- >This is a great resource and I appreciate all who post >here. >Is there a way to search this news group? >. > You can use Outlook Express or another news reader to read and search this group. The newsgroup is microsoft.public.pos If you don't have a news server set up y...

How to Insert clips in Outlook using Clip Art Organizer
My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This option has disappeared and I have not been able to find out how to get it back. Any ideas? "Tamara" <Tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CADF265E-7DBB-46EB-8077-CA78137FE4C3@microsoft.com... > My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art > Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This > option > has disappeare...

WHERE without using CASE
I'm trying to edit a Filter in Outlook and it has a sort of SQL syntax. The only thing is I don't know if it accepts CASE statements -- it's giving a 'SQL parsing' error. Is there another simple SQL way of doing this WHERE clause without using case (e.g. using AND or OR)?: WHERE (CASE WHEN (MyField1 IS NULL) THEN (MyField2) ELSE (MyField1))>1 My Reference: (CASE WHEN ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{00020329-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/MyField1" IS NULL) THEN ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/st...

Remotely press connect on HQ Client
I am trying to figure out a way that we could drop a worksheet and then press the connect button at a given store without actually having to remote desktop into that store server. I have designed a way to drop worksheets from a web interface but, it would be even better if I could then have the store connect. Your help is greatly appreciated, Dan Would you share a little on how you are creating worksheets from the web interface? "Daniel" <dfelzke@goodwillaz.org> wrote in message news:eGmfMeD6IHA.4352@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am trying to figure out a way that we...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

Share point search is not working by defauly What could be the rea
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c4e3a9da-2be0-4aaf-880d-5b70c3415106&dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general ...

Exchange Directory Access
OK. I've posted this in one other location and ended up with a bunch of stupid answers and suggestions. If you have a REAL idea, I could certainly use some constructive feedback. My problem is this; DSAccess is failing to detect and list multiple DCS/GCS under the Directory Access tab on my servers. I can tell you that AD is stable and working well. DNS is set up correctly. I have very reliable and fast WAN links between sites and these links are not firewalled. NLTEST results come back as expected and there is no indication of problems related to the AD site topology. The result ...

how to use for dummies
need major help with excel. I can't remember how to calculate the numbers and means etc for chart useage More details please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:31:01 -0700, audrey nurse <audreynurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >need major help with excel. I can't remember how to calculate the numbers >and means etc for chart useage ...

use the repeat key (F4) in Publisher like Word
After following the help directions, there doesn't appear to be an option for repeat key in Publisher. F4 is the repeat key in Word. So, why can I not use this in Publisher also. Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dynamite" <dynamite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39869267-91E1-4664-B818-B3CA5D78BF34@microsoft.com... > After following the help directions, there doesn't...

How do I use the data in a named field to select a worksheet tab .
I need to use a named field to select a worksheet tab in another workbook. ie i have a workbook called Master and need to collect data from a workbook called Reports, but i need to collect it from different worksheets within Reports depending on the month selected in Master. The tabs in Reports are M01,M02,etc. In Master I have a Named Field called 'Month" with M01,M02 etc entered in it. This field needs to select the corresponding tab in Reports. Usually the reference syntax goes something like '[Filename]Tabname!Cellname or reference. Here is an obscure example from an old...

Type casting problem while using Reflection
Hi, I am newbie on CSharp. I am using Reflection for run-time function calling. Everything is working perfect, but problem is coming while self defined Abstract Data Type casting. I am made two project in one solution, (1) Class Library Type, (2) Console Type project. Class Library Project has two classes, Examin.cs file namespace ExampleLib { public class Examin { private Result result = new Result(); public void setResultValue(int val) { result.Sum = val; } public Result getResultObj() { return result; }...