How to search for all emails that contains a specific keyword?

Using EXCH 2003.
I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a
certain keyword.
When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be
viewed.
I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or
attachment.
Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need
some kind of 3rd party message filtering software?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, Exchange does not ship a tool or utility that will allow you
to do this.

--Chris

====
Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
newsgroup purposes only.
====

"S" <S@S.Com> wrote in message
> Using EXCH 2003.
> I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a
> certain keyword.
> When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can
be
> viewed.
> I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or
> attachment.
> Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need
> some kind of 3rd party message filtering software?
>
> Thanks.

0
chrisahl (67)
7/22/2004 5:55:09 PM
Hi,

We use a tool for anti-spam/virus that you can use to search both
incoming and outgoing messages. Check http://www.spammarshall.com.

S wrote:

> Using EXCH 2003.
> I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a
> certain keyword.
> When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be
> viewed.
> I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or
> attachment.
> Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need
> some kind of 3rd party message filtering software?
>
> Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)

Quick Campaign email attachments
Can you add a file attachment using the quick campaign eamil wiz. I was on the way to the forum to ask the same question. I would like to expand on the question. If it is not possible with a quick campaign, how about a full campaign? What about doing it programatically if we can't do it through a wizard. "Johnstonejim" wrote: > Can you add a file attachment using the quick campaign eamil wiz. Any updates on this? I have looked at TrueCare Newsletter add-on but this seems like it should be something we can do via CRM. All I really want to do is send out mass e-mail...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

Two profiles sharing one email account/pst?
I have a laptop, Win XP Pro & Office XP, that I use at work logging in as user/domain. At home I log in as user/laptop. The first time I used it at home & tried to check mail (mail was originally set up at work), it went through the motions to set up a new email account. Surely, I can share the same mail account or pst between profiles, but how? Thanks find the pst from work on your computer - if windows explorer, tools, options, view hidden files and folders is not set to show hidden files and folders, change it and then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\work_username\Local Setti...

How insert a file into an email w/o it automatically attaching it
Hi, I am trying to insert a word document file from a folder to an email and it keeps attaching it to the email instead of inserting it inside of the email. Thanks for any assistance! "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D04C381-637A-4C6D-937C-2451B7321977@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to insert a word document file from a folder to an email and > it > keeps attaching it to the email instead of inserting it inside of the > email. > > Thanks for any assistance! What version of Outlook? use copy and paste or...

Collection Management email
Hi, We just add a new collection management module into GP 8.0. It works as expected, but when we are trying to send both the collection letter and the invoice, the system send 2 seperate email to the customer. 1 is the collection letter and the other one is the invoice. Is there a way to make it send only 1 email (collection letter in the body and invoice as attachment)? Since it's completely unreasonable to send 2 emails for the same purpose and I'm sure a system like GP is able to accomplish this. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

custom address list for EXTERNAL email addresses
I know it is possible to create a custom address list in Exchange 2003 for internal use but how about for external email addresses outside of a company? Is this possible?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create contacts for each of the external mail addresses and add them to the distribution list. If add a valid internet email address to the distribution list external people can also send to it. Glen "Steven Peters" <Steven Peters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBF2F2AE-ABF4-491C-836C-59611375F9F1@microsoft.com... > I know it is pos...

Obsolete email addresses
We have exchange server 2000 We are still receiving emails for users who have left the organisation (accounts now deleted) usually from automated subscription services. Is it possible to automatically block or delete these messages, before they reach the postmaster undeliverable account, without using any third party software. Thanks, Andy Sure is. Here's how: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Andy H @ cfb" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Need to restore email account
A friend of mine has just deleted her primary email account (listed as Microsoft Exchange Server) from her Outlook 2003 (she's running Win 2000) as she has just got a new internet provider but on doing that all her inbox, address book etc has disappeared. She desperately needs to recover it as soon as possible .. can it be done and if so how? Would really appreciate any help as she has urgent messages which need to be sent The mail and contacts would still be on the Exchange Server. She can use = the Tools | E-mail Accounts command to add the Exchange account back to = Outlook.=20 ...

How to send a HTML email using MAPI or CDO
I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO. Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that? Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi (MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library. Thank you is advance, V. -- Desktop Solutions for Small Companies http://www.micromango.com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 you should be using Access Data Projects and server-side email.. xp_sendmail ...

How do i set Outlook to receive/send email via wanadoo
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D969EE0-8D22-482B-901D-8F17FFBFA96E@microsoft.com... | ...

Cannot Delete Phone Call / Emails in CRM 4.0
We upgraded to CRM 4.0 from 3.0 and have had very few issues apart from bringing some customisations through. The only issue that is still outstanding is that a couple of phone calls and emails for each user is coming up with this error:- "The requested record was not found or you do do not have sufficient permissions to view it." What we would like to do is physically delete these records as they are no longer needed as this is not happening on any new entries. Any help or pointers on this would be great, thanks in advance ...

Junk "Microsoft" emails - Possible Partial Solution
Like a lot of people on these forums, I've been bombarded with virused / junk email from "Microsoft" , "MS" etc. I can telnet to my www provider and use Pine set up a rule to delete all emails where the sender is "Microsoft", and this would help a lot. The problem is the "Deleting" is not the same in Pine as "Expunging", so, in the end, my Outlook winds up downloading the Deleted messages. The tech support there does not have an answer for this one. Is there a way in Pine to set up a rule to "Expunge" rather than "Delete&...

clinking a searched link brings up further search terms...
Hi there... I can't seem to find a solution to this particular issue. I am running IE8 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. In almost every instance whenever I perform a search - whether it be google or bing or whoever, I get my list of matches no probs, but if I click on one of the searched links, instead of being taken diretly to wherever that link is supposed to take me, I am being taken to another page containing a bunch of other "related" search terms instead - sometimes it's the same company "hijaaking" me but overall I get many different companies s...

Hello, I want to do what I think is an advanced search and replace and I don't know how to do it. In column a I have a variety of phrases. In column b, c, d, etc. I have a variety f sentences (each column has exactly the same sentences). Each sentence has one phrase in common (although the rest of the sentence is different). I want to replace that prase with each of the phrases in column a. Let me diagram what I mean: Column a young, small boy young, tall boy young, small girl young, tall girl Etc. Column b I was talking with a nice, old man I was listening to a nice, old man ...

Apostrophe in search string
I have a simple SQL string that is run from a form when a field is updated: strSQL = "UPDATE tblDesign " & _ "SET " & strFieldNameForUpdate & " = '" & strDM & "' " & _ "WHERE DesignName = '" & strName & "' ;" It works fine except for where there is (rarely) an apostrophe in the strName field data. I cannot work out how many extra quotes to put into the sql build string to get round this. A debug.print of the string that causes a syntax problem is: UPDATE tblDesign S...

Attaching several old emails to one contact simultaneously
I would like to take several historical e-mails in a sub folder and attach to a CRM contact in order to delete e-mails in sub folder (clean). Can this be done in groups vs. 1 e-mail at a time? Hi, There is the article about tracking old mails and i am not sure if it is going to attach to a specific contact if the specific contact was not the sender .Have you got these mail from "One contact" ? well check it out . http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/04/17/bulk-tracking-old-e-mails.aspx /Aamir Hi, Nope, You need to do it one by one. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No but...

Outlook 2003 & Rule To Foward Email
Hello gang. We just moved over to Outlook 2003/Exchange Server 2003 a few months ago. I am having a problem of a simple rule that just forwards an email that I receive in my inbox to a webmail account - hotmail or yahoo. I have tried various rule adaptations and I have even put these addresses in my safe senders/safe recepiants junk mail list. We are running outlook in cached mode. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ask your Exchange admin if they have replies and forwards to the Internet turned off - it is by default in Exchange 2003. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

How can I get Help? It never appears when I click on Search
Office 2000 I select what I want to know in the Office Assistant and click on Search but nothing ever happens. OFF2000: Cannot Use Answer Wizard or Index in Help for Office Shortcut Bar http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214788 The Answer Wizard and the Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an Office program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319956 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Beryl Sunnydown" <BerylSunnydown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

Operation failed (attaching a Contact ot an email as an attachment
All, We have 3 exchange servers with numerous mail stores but suddendly one of our mail stores is doing funny things. If i send an email to a user and attach an email or a contact the user receives the email but the attachment is always 4Kb and its icon is the white icon with the Microsoft flag (unknown format) I have tried open the attachment I get the error : "The Operation failed." If i try to save the attachment i get the error: "Cannot Save the attachment." If i send the same email to a user that belongs to a different Mail store and same server it works fi...