how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c

Hi,
we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003
in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each
office also had it's own MX record
no problem that way..BUT
now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the
Primary dns MX record for the company
the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e
someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in.
when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing
itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection,
becasue it's querying the other exchange servers in the organization based
on their machine names..

how do i route every email that is being intercepted by the primary mail
server, to be sent via the internet and not vpn
( assuming that i will, of cource create an external MX record for each
remote office that has exchange )

Izhak

0
zipper9 (1)

Hi Izhak

What is your current DNS setup?

How is your AD setup?

I think the answer to your question has a lot more to do=20
with DNS than with Exchange.

/S=F8ren

2003
>in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each=20
office, so each
>office also had it's own MX record
>no problem that way..BUT
>now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is=20
the US is holding the
>Primary dns MX record for the company
>the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e
>someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are=20
located in.
>when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail=20
server, it's routing
>itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn=20
connection,
>becasue it's querying the other exchange servers in the=20
organization based
>on their machine names..
>
>how do i route every email that is being intercepted by=20
the primary mail
>server, to be sent via the internet and not vpn
>( assuming that i will, of cource create an external MX=20
record for each
>remote office that has exchange )
>

>Izhak
>

>.

0
dk13165 (3)

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Suggestion for using CStringArray with Unicode, mulit-byte, ATL &
Hi, I couldn't find the "development" group so i chose this one. I am trying to bring some code that has the CStringArray in it from a Multi-Byte project into a Unicode project and I keep getting errors I cannot resolve. Scenario: Project type: DLL Use MCF: Shared DLL Use ATL: Not using ATL Min CRT Use in ATL: No Char set: Unicode added afxcoll.h to stdafx.h as suggested elsewhere #include <afxcoll.h> #include "resource.h" #include <atlbase.h> #include <atlcom.h> I get the following error; Error 247 error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Te...

Using Access 2003 for Inventory
I plan to setup our inventory system in the warehouse using Access 2003. Now, what I would like it to do (and it has been a long time since I have tried to do anything with access so I don't remember if this is possible or not) is automatically create a report that will tell me when I am low on equipment and possibly e-mail it to me and my supervisor. I'd also like to do the samething so with our drop material (cables, ground blocks, etc.) and have it e-mail to the owner so that he can place an order. The system, ideally, will also allow me to view what our technicians have on ...

How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I o.
How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only see my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have configured Outlook in both computersto received the incoming emails to my university account. "osiris" <osiris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5ACFC5-3859-4FB0-BC20-3AC7A9B5F6A3@microsoft.com... > How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only > see > my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have > configured Outlook in both computersto received th...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...

Misleading VS.NET 2003 error message
I got this error message compiler under VS.NET 2003 (no, I haven't tried it under 2005) ParseTrace.cpp i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2226: syntax error : unexpected type 'BOOL' i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' from the following class definition class AFX_EXT_CLASS StackTrace { public: StackTrace(BOOL pushing, TreeNode * n); // <= error was on this line ~StackTrace(); CString ToString(); }; Now try to guess what is wrong. What is wrong is that I forget to ...

Problem with MS Visual C++ 7.0 getline function
I get this error each time I use the getline function. I am using MS Visual C++ 7.0. error C2780 : 'std::basic_istream<_elem,_Traits>&std::getline(std::basic_istream<_Elem,_T= raits>&,std::basic_string>_Elem,_Traits,_Alloc>&,const _Elem)':3 arguments attendus - 2 fournis error C2780 : 'std::basic_istream<_elem,_Traits>&std::getline(std::basic_istream<_Elem,_T= raits>&,std::basic_string>_Elem,_Traits,_Alloc>&,const _Elem)':impossible de d=E9duire l'argument de mod=E8le de 'std::basic_istream<_Elem,_Traits>...

Using wildcards in CString::Find()
Using wildcards in CString::Find() I’d like to use the wildcards(" * ", " ? " and other) in CString::Find(), but it does not work. Always it returns -1. Could you advice me ? I must do the complicated searching. Maybe there are other ways for the substring searching . Alur. You can use CAtlRegExp or GRETA http://research.microsoft.com/projects/greta/ -- Regards, Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++ http://rcorral.mvps.org ...

Using Custom XmlSerializers
Hi there, I have generated some custom XML serializers using the sgen.exe tool. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the XmlSerializer to actually use them! It insists on generating a temporary DLL with its own XML serializers. Is there some kind of manual registration I have to do in order for the custom serializers to be picked up and used by the XmlSerializer class? I see nothing in the sgen docs about this. I was under the impression that I just generate with sgen and deploy with my app, after which XmlSerializer will do the rest. Any help much appreciated, Kent...

Micosoft Office for 2004 version 11.2.6 causes Internet Explorer not to work
Just updated to version 11.2.6 and now my Internet Explorer ver 5.2 no longer starts up. Since MS no longers supports IE and you can't uninstall ver 11.2.6, I wouldn't update at the moment. <mollydog1993@gmail.com> wrote: > Just updated to version 11.2.6 and now my Internet Explorer ver 5.2 no > longer starts up. Since MS no longers supports IE and you can't > uninstall ver 11.2.6, I wouldn't update at the moment. Weird... I did the update as well and IE still works just like before... Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.ne...

Internet Explorer 8 upgrade for Windows Vista deletes cookies
Accepting the most recent upgrade from MS of Internet Explorer 8 caused most of the recent cookies to be deleted. This is the second time that installing Internet Explorer 8 has done this. Will Microsoft fix this unnecessary inconvenience? My upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 didn't erase any cookies. Actually, no upgrade from Microsoft has erased any of my cookies. Most reported problems involving Internet Explorer are actually caused by incompatible add-ons. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Edward Palamar wrote: > Accepting the most recent upgrade from MS of In...

Formula you typed contains an ERROR message
Hi Everyone - I am trying to enter the following formula: ***************************************************************** =IF($C7="SIL",0, IF((AND(OR($D7="Whole Shelled",$D7="Ground Shelled"),$R7<15.5,$R7>=0)),1, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)<15.5,$R7>=0)),0.5165, IF((AND($D7="Whole Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.5572, IF((AND($D7="Ground Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.6288, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)>50)),0.3016, IF(AND($D7="Ground Cob",$R7-5<=50,$R7-5>=15.5), INDEX(Tables!$A$131:$D$166,MATCH(($...

Auto resend message from Outlook / Exchange
Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send out last year message to another user. same day another user report suddely receive last year message, i try search send message in outlook send item, but no this message, i am note sure which part problems. ITJACKIE wrote: > Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i > am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send > out last year message to another user. same day another user report > suddely r...

How do i use multiple splits or frozen panes?
I am trying to freeze or split multiple panes. I already have frozen panes goin vertically(when i scroll up and down) but i want to also freeze two different panes going horrizontal. I want to view column D so i need to freeze before D and after D. I have no idea if this is even possible ive tried every thing i can think of to try and get it to work. If any one has any sugestions or input it will be greatly appricated. You can email me my names pat and my email address is TrickAssasinz7@yahoo.com Thanks alot You could just Hide columns A, B & C and Freeze Windows from cell ...

Outlook Express
I have a friend with Outlook Express and I need to tell them where to find the message header data. Can you help? Thanks! Charles RIGHT mouse click on the message in the Inbox. Click Properties...click Details. THANKS! Charles >-----Original Message----- >RIGHT mouse click on the message in the Inbox. Click Properties...click >Details. > > >. > ...

Using CTreeCtrl to display streaming data
Hi there, I'm going to be creating an application that displays test data to a certain processor. The default view is to show the overall status of the processor. If there is an error shown, the user can click that processor and specific devices within the processor will be shown with their status. Now here is what I want to do with CTreeCtrl, since I'm brand new to MFC I just need to know what I want is feasible... to get simpler test data, a certain message has to be continously pinged to the processor. To get the detailed test data, more messages have to be sent. Is t...

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...