How to restart exchange 2000 without rebooting the server

after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted according to
some suggestions I've seen in this newsgroup.

How can I do it without rebooting the server?
0
RobGMiller (14)

What kind of changes?  Is it an OS level change? then you have to restart
the server. Otherwise try restarting the SA service.

--
Santhosh Sivarajan
MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+

"RobGMiller" <RobGMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted according
> some suggestions I've seen in this newsgroup.
>
> How can I do it without rebooting the server?

Stopping/Starting the system attendant service will bring down/Start all
other exchange services on that server.
Check out this article for information on exchange services...
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/4218.asp#120

Good luck
Mike

"RobGMiller" wrote:

> after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted according to
> some suggestions I've seen in this newsgroup.
>
> How can I do it without rebooting the server?
0
Mike1154 (1216)
11/27/2004 6:09:05 PM
It was a recipients policies change

"Santhosh Sivarajan" wrote:

> What kind of changes?  Is it an OS level change? then you have to restart
> the server. Otherwise try restarting the SA service.
>
> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan
> MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+
>
> "RobGMiller" <RobGMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted according
> > some suggestions I've seen in this newsgroup.
> >
> > How can I do it without rebooting the server?

0
RobGMiller (14)
11/28/2004 7:15:04 AM
I stopped the System Attendant and it stopped the Information Store and the
MTA Stacks but none of the other Exchange services such as POP2, SMTP or
IMAP4 etc.

When I started them back up I did the MTA Stacks first and then the Info
Store and that appears to have restarted the System Attendant.

"Mike" wrote:

> Stopping/Starting the system attendant service will bring down/Start all
> other exchange services on that server.
> Check out this article for information on exchange services...
> http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/4218.asp#120
>
> Good luck
> Mike
>
> "RobGMiller" wrote:
>
> > after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted according to
> > some suggestions I've seen in this newsgroup.
> >
> > How can I do it without rebooting the server?
0
RobGMiller (14)

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

Outlook 2000 send/receive
I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? I am not sure if it is what you are looking for but here goes: Under the Tools menu, click Options. In the dialog box that opens next click on Mail Delivery tab, then make sure there is a check in the box beside "send messages immediately when connected." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14fdf01c41cac$9696e2c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to > automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? ...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Removing Last 5.5 Server that has an IMC
I am following the steps in the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883407/ before removing my last 5.5 server and moving the smtp services over to my 2003 server. The scenario that applies is single\last 5.5 server (it is a single AND last :) Step 3 - verify the smtp connector is seen in your exchange server 5.5 configuration - is the step that keeps failing. I have repeated step 2 now a couple of times and waited for about 3 hours now and the connection still does not show up. I also see no obvious (or any) errors in the event log on my 5.5 server. if I can successfully send a...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

MSCRM 3.0 (How does the user access Microsoft CRM from server)
Hi, I have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows Small Biz Server. I am able see Sales, Marketing, Services running on the server. I want to let the respective user to see the UI, how do let them access from their computer. Thanks patric They would enter the URL for the server (http://servername). They may also need the port (by default http://servername:5555). -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF870F9-D86C-4947-9118-92696BDF7281@microsoft.com... Hi, I have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows Small...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M�ller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...