How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox addre

How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox address? for
example, there is a info@example.com and there are two users are members of
this mail group, say user1@example.com and user2@example.com. and each user
is a active directory user. they will receive mails which are sent to the
group mailbox:info@example.com, when they reply, the recipient should see
this mail is replied from the info@exapmle.com not the user1@example.com or
others. how should i achieve this in exchange server?
0
Space (4)

Allow those recipients Send As permission on the group and make sure they
insert the group's name in Outlook's From field when creating new messages.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"space" <space@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox address? for
> example, there is a info@example.com and there are two users are members
> of
> this mail group, say user1@example.com and user2@example.com. and each
> user
> is a active directory user. they will receive mails which are sent to the
> group mailbox:info@example.com, when they reply, the recipient should see
> this mail is replied from the info@exapmle.com not the user1@example.com
> or
> others. how should i achieve this in exchange server?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/1/2006 3:29:29 PM
Is that in AD or in Exchange System Manager?

0
darthkorn (18)
3/1/2006 3:41:09 PM
AD for the Send As permissions.
"cbrunet" <darthkorn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is that in AD or in Exchange System Manager?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/1/2006 4:12:57 PM
I cant see how to do this, is it the properties of the group of the
user?  Theres no security tab or anything to set those kinds of
permissions.  I must be looking in the wrong spot.

How does the send as permission in AD that I'm looking for differ from
the send as permission in the System Manager of the store?

0
darthkorn (18)
3/1/2006 6:05:40 PM
Exchanged Advanced tab, mailbox rights.

Nue
>I cant see how to do this, is it the properties of the group of the
> user?  Theres no security tab or anything to set those kinds of
> permissions.  I must be looking in the wrong spot.
>
> How does the send as permission in AD that I'm looking for differ from
> the send as permission in the System Manager of the store?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/1/2006 7:20:20 PM
Make sure you select VIEW|Advanced features on the MMC tab or else you wont
see the exchange tab.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Exchanged Advanced tab, mailbox rights.
>
> Nue
> "cbrunet" <darthkorn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I cant see how to do this, is it the properties of the group of the
> > user?  Theres no security tab or anything to set those kinds of
> > permissions.  I must be looking in the wrong spot.
> >
> > How does the send as permission in AD that I'm looking for differ from
> > the send as permission in the System Manager of the store?

0
Vicnice (145)
3/1/2006 7:44:28 PM
Thanks guys, it works in this way. I wanna know if it's possible that the
From address will automatically be changed according to different mailbox?

"Vicnice" wrote:

> Make sure you select VIEW|Advanced features on the MMC tab or else you wont
> see the exchange tab.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
> > Exchanged Advanced tab, mailbox rights.
> >
> > Nue
> > "cbrunet" <darthkorn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > >I cant see how to do this, is it the properties of the group of the
> > > user?  Theres no security tab or anything to set those kinds of
> > > permissions.  I must be looking in the wrong spot.
> > >
> > > How does the send as permission in AD that I'm looking for differ from
> > > the send as permission in the System Manager of the store?

0
Space (4)
3/2/2006 9:28:27 AM
Try this:

> Thanks guys, it works in this way. I wanna know if it's possible that the
> From address will automatically be changed according to different mailbox?
>
> "Vicnice" wrote:
>
>> Make sure you select VIEW|Advanced features on the MMC tab or else you
>> wont
>> see the exchange tab.
>>
>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>
>> > Exchanged Advanced tab, mailbox rights.
>> >
>> > Nue
>> > "cbrunet" <darthkorn@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/6/2006 10:59:55 PM
Or this:-)

http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

Nue
"space" <space@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks guys, it works in this way. I wanna know if it's possible that the
> From address will automatically be changed according to different mailbox?
>
> "Vicnice" wrote:
>
>> Make sure you select VIEW|Advanced features on the MMC tab or else you
>> wont
>> see the exchange tab.
>>
>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>
>> > Exchanged Advanced tab, mailbox rights.
>> >
>> > Nue
>> > "cbrunet" <darthkorn@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
imaneophyte (3004)

How to Automate Word mail merge from AC2007?
I'm trying to do a Word mail merge from Access 2007 -- populating a Word 2007 template with data from recordsets built off queries. The problem I'm having is the current code creates each letter as a separate Word doc. I need one big Word doc with page breaks between each letter. The code uses nested loops - the first recordset rst has the list of people, the second rstBkm has bookmark data. Question: How to get this code to create one Word doc with page breaks between letters rather than each letter in a separate Word Doc? Thanks in advance. [abbreviated code below] ...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

Moving Servers Across Administrative Groups...
Here's the quick scenario... Exchange 5.5 original site. Exchange 2000 (non-cluster) brought up as first Exchange 2000 server in 5.5 site. (not doing anything) Exchange 2000 cluster brought up. Exchange site name is XXXNTDOMAIN which, in ESM shows up as the name of the First Administrative Group. This doesn't match the logical environment going forward so I was curious if it was possible to do: 1. Rename the XXXNTDOMAIN administrative group to something else? 2. Create a second administrative group and bring up a 2003 cluster at some point in the near future and migrate ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

Mailbox Manager questions
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003, sp1. Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to specificy groups/users for the mailbox management selection. When I get into the window to select users, it doesn't select them the way I'm asking. i.e. I try and select a security group and it selects a few users. I also can't seem to select multiple users correctly. Lastly, we would like to archive old Calendar items. The problem seems to be that if we archive recurring meetings that they will get deleted on future items. Thanks, Sun ...

FRx E-Mails
Hello: A client is getting an "FRx 32 error" and keeps getting kicked out of FRx, whenever she e-mails a report to someone. Otherwise, she is able to use FRx just fine. And, it seems to be just happneing on her workstation. And, the e-mailed financials transmit just fine. It's just that she gets this error everytime she e-mails, and she is using Outlook so it is MAPI compliant. For now, she is simply sending the e-mails manually by adding the frd files from the IO_Data folder as e-mailed attachments. But, can anyone recommend a way to elimninate this nuisance error. ...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Offline Address Book, Multiple Administrative Groups
Hello, We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server are getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline addresss book. The users who are on the original server do not receive these errrors when downloading the address book. If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated. It's look like this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162703 "jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Unauthorized outgoing mail
Hi every one I recently find something terrible in my system. Special types of spam are sent mail to unknown domain without any notification. This is the story: One of my mail address is from "GMAIL" thanks to its power full spam filter and outlook junk mail I have no spam in my "IN BOX" folder. But spam report about their status from my computer, I find this when I check "sent mail" folder form "gmail" account. There are many sent mail in the following forms: To: itsoca_1987@ENDYMIONSYSTEMS.COM (or other e-mail) Subject: Not read: Best improvemen...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002
I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail account with no problem. However, I have two friends to whom I send emails that are always returned. I get an error message like this: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient: However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go through just fine. Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook? Pat This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook - not outlook itself. "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook 2002 & MS Mail
I know this may sound a very stange request but...! I have Windows XP PC with Outlook 2002 installed (as part of the XP office software). All my other PCs on my network are NT and have Outlook 2000. I can configure all these to be corporate emails connecting to a mail server. When I try and configure Outlook 2002 it will not let me select corporate and I do not have the choice of MS Mail server. Can anybody please help... Outlook 2002 does not directly support MS Mail but there is a workaround you can use to connect to it -- you can find it here: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --...

Unable to connect to other users mailbox
Hello, I’ve just added a second exchange server to our Org, and found that users on the new server can not open mailboxes on the old server after I moved their mailbox, which they were able to do before the migration. It’s been 2 days now so I know AD replication is not the issue. When someone attempts to open a mailbox on the old server, Outlook (2003) throws the error: “Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened.” I have read article 830830 from the knowledge base. I did not follow the instructions because the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor attribute exi...

Junk E-Mail Options in OL 2007
I have checked the box "permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the junk e-mail folder", but I still get a lot of junk in my junk e-mail folder. I think I understand why, but I would like to confirm. I am on an exchange 2003 server. I assume that whatever filter the exchange server applies is before any filter that my computer would apply. I assume exchange is putting those emails into my junk e-mail folder, while any junk my local Outlook catches, it will just delete according to my preferences? I would sure like to just not ever have anything go into t...

POP3 Internet Mail Question
I am running 1 windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 on it. This server hosts our internal & external email for our domain name xxx.com However we have another domain name (xxy.com) that we use for internet mail that is hosted by another provider. We would like to bring this in-house and host it on our exchange server. Is there a way to configure the exchange server to host internet mail (Pop3 accounts) with a different domain name? What is the best way to set this up? thanks =?Utf-8?B?Z2tyYXNub2Zm?= <gkras19@aol.com> wrote in news:7C1FB197-B7A9-4A9E-A2D1-933577EFF0B0@micr...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

E-Mail accounts delayed in being available
When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to speed up synchronization? Thanks, Kevin On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:39:01 -0800, KJacks <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is >delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, >but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to spe...