how to relay mail for subdomains? #3

By default, an Exchange server assigned to accept mail for example.com
appears to think it's supposed to handle mail for all subdomains like
foo.example.com, bar.example.com, etc.

If we've successfully delegated foo.example.com to another party via
DNS "NS Records" (who is, in turn, creating A and MX records for "foo"
pointing to their servers), how does one configure the Exchange server
so that it knows that "foo.example.com" is "out on the Internet" and
thus mail should be relayed rather than attempting delivery locally?

Can this be done without having to hard-code any IP addresses?

Thanks,
Omar

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Import stock prices #3
Hi, I am using MSM 2005 in Brazil, and like to update my stocks. I have a text file with the ticker, stock name, price, date and other information. Is there any way I can update my stock prices with this files? Is there some file format to do it? Thanks, Denys the Brazilian exchange (assuming that's where your stocks are) isn't on the list of those from which you can automatically download prices through Money. However, you can manually update the prices by selecting the 'update prices' option in the portfolio. If you want to import the prices, then there's no off...

Need Help with Formula #3
I need help trying to come up with a formula for a friend of mine. This is what he wants -- Using any 9 numbers -- he wants Excel to come up with every possible 3-digit combination of numbers that are divisible by 7. Is there anyone who could assist me with a formula that will perform this calculation? Can Excel do such a calculation? Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. In A1, enter the number 7. Select A1:A142. Edit>Fill>Series, Step value 7. Format>Cells>Custom, "000". If with "using any 9 numbers" you mean you don't want any zero...

Refresh Graphic Image #3
Hello, I have copied and pasted a graph (Stock Chart) to my excel sheet for analysing.Now I would like to refresh to update it.What is the easy mwthod to do it or if i like to write a macro, What are the commands. ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

How to pick a biggest data from a group of data? #3
I'v tried almost all the formats in Excel,but can't change them. any other idea? some of date are in attachment,please have a try -- yoyo200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yoyo2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1548 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27212 I'm not sure I understand the question. If you are seeking the largest number in a row or culumn highlight the data and choose sort from the Data pull down menu. Follow the prompts in the dialog box....

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...

Old mail deletion without recipient policies
Hi, I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days (for example). However, I used some software to archive all the old mail first, but this tool marked the emails which it imported so all modification dates are resetted. Since the mailbox manager uses this date too to check how old the mail is I cant remove them anymore. Does anyone knows an alternative way to delete mail which has been recivied before a certain date? Preferably on the server, not the client. Thanks > Hi, > > I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days > (fo...

Office X as the default address book / mail client
Is there a way to make the office suite of products the default for the Mac OS X system? Ie, when I use Safari and it has the "add to Address book" button and I click it it brings me to iAddress Book (or what ever the freebie mac address book program is called) same is true for the calendar functions. Can I get the mac interface buttons to take me to places in entourage?? I'd bet I'm not the only guy that likes the integrated features of office and would like to use them system wide on my mac. -- v/r, Joel S. Magsig CPT, AV U.S. Army Joel.magsig@us.army.mil Joel.magsig@...

New e-mail in blue font versus black font?
What is the difference between new e-mail when it shows in blue font vs. black font? mac Blue font. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mac asked: | What is the difference between new e-mail when it shows in blue font | vs. black font? | | mac ...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333 #2
Unable to install Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333. The is using Office 2003 Home and Teacher Edition running on Windows XP. Thanks for any help! Have you tried downloading the file and then running it from your hard drive? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, C asked: | Unable to install Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: | KB832333. The is using Office 200...

Exchange sp2 #3
Can you uninstall it?? I see i missed somethings like uninstalling IMF v1 and Adding couple hotfixes before i installed!! Thanks Can remove IMFv1, apply hotfixes, and reapply SP2. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eA1CsuwMGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can you uninstall it?? > > I see i missed somethings like uninstalling IMF v1 and Adding couple > hotfixes before i installed!! > > > Thanks > How do i...

Find an e-mail address
I have a client who asked me if it is possible to find whether an e-mail has been sent to a specific address within the last 10 days. Platform is Small Business Server 2003 Premium, SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2. Any ideas? Message tracking in system manager - just specify the date. "KCDS49" <kcds49_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uYva5ep9GHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a client who asked me if it is possible to find whether an e-mail >has been sent to a specific address within the last 10 days. Platform is >Small Business Server 2003 Premium, SP...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

mail redirection
Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? Zvuk wrote: > Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange > (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? > > Could you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail? For example: when you use web based e-mail, like yahoo for example, you are almost always offered a possibility to have all your mail forwarded to some other mail account. In our company we naturally all have email accounts on the company mail ...

Testing for Open Relay
In exchange 2k3 I am trying to make sure I am locked down to open relay. How do I test this? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. http://www.spammarshall.com/SpamMarshallWeb/NetworkTools.jsp k.winslow wrote: > In exchange 2k3 I am trying to make sure I am locked down > to open relay. How do I test this? Any help greatly > appreciated. > > Thanks. Try http://ordb.org It will check ur open relay and let u know by email . thanks Manpreet Brar "k.winslow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16f201c3df9e$5769bc80$a601280a@...