how to redirect mails in queue ?

hi,

We have 2 2k3exchange servers, ex01 and ex02.

ex01 died yesterday
ex02 gets all mails from outside

i have about 500 mails in the queue on ex02 that are supposed to be delivered to ex01.

so for now ( to deliver all current mails):I have established mailboxes and adresses on ex02.

question: how do I tell the queue/server to send mails ,that are _allready_ in the queue for ex01, to deliver locally
(in the new box on ex02) instead.

also:how long will my queue last? where can I configure that?

any help appreciated,
mak1 (2)

Move the messages in mailroot\queue folder to mailroot\pickup. this will
make them go through the categorizer again and get rerouted.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

<mak@nospam.net> wrote in message news:dguhog$5n8$1@paperboy.si.eunet.at...
> hi,
>
> We have 2 2k3exchange servers, ex01 and ex02.
>
> ex01 died yesterday
> ex02 gets all mails from outside
>

> i have about 500 mails in the queue on ex02 that are supposed to be
> delivered to ex01.
>
> so for now ( to deliver all current mails):I have established mailboxes
> and adresses on ex02.
>
> question: how do I tell the queue/server to send mails ,that are
> _allready_ in the queue for ex01, to deliver locally (in the new box on
> ex02) instead.
>
> also:how long will my queue last? where can I configure that?
>
> any help appreciated,

bharat3597 (1006)
9/22/2005 4:35:31 PM
Bharat Suneja wrote:
> Move the messages in mailroot\queue folder to mailroot\pickup. this will
> make them go through the categorizer again and get rerouted.

wow,works like magic,

thanx..

mak1 (2)

retrieving mail from another location on other computer. HELP
When i travel i don't always go with my own laptop. Can i access my outlook mail on the web ? If your mail provider makes it available on the web, yes. "Juliemrm" <Juliemrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0191906-4B63-4020-AAC4-58041BD51703@microsoft.com... : When i travel i don't always go with my own laptop. Can i access my outlook : mail on the web ? Yes & No You wont be able to access the mail you have downloaded / sent within Outlook, unless its an imap account Otherwise see Tom's post "Juliemrm" <J...

Not keeping a copy of mail on server
Hi, I've just setup a Microsoft Exchange account in Outlook 2003 and using Cached Exchange Mode but it seems that all my emails have downloaded locally to my PC. I thought the default behaviour was to keep a copy on the server? Thanks - Jamie. Hello Jamie, That's the idea of Exchange cached mode using Outlook 2003, that a local copy of your mailbox is held locally, and periodically updated from your mailbox on the Exchange server (5 minutes by default I believe). A server copy is still maintained by the Exchange server. HTH, Andrew "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hot...

Mail Recive Problem!
Greetings to all. Has put the Domain Controller (Windows 2003 Enterprise Server), has lifted Mail a server (Microsoft Exchange Server 2003) has adjusted, all works, mail are sent/recive, all fine!, has put an AntiVirus for Mail Server (Symantec AntiVirus For Exhchange 4.0) all perfectly works has decided to check up acceptance sending/reciveng with in the Internet, mail are sent from my server and here to accept it them that accepts but as I have understood to users on maibox does not scatter (In a nutria of a network to itself send and work) And letters come from street (Internet) located on...

problem importing data from Excel using Publisher Mail Merge
I am using Publisher Version 2002 and also Excel Version 2002. I have created a mailing list in Excel format consisting of 203 entries. However, when I attempt to access the mailing list using Mail Merge Feature of Publisher, after choosing the data source and seeing the listed names in the chart, while in Publisher, only 163 of the 203 names are shown. And, after doing the merge, only 163 name labels are printed. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly? best, Aaron Not sure if it has to do with batch size or not. Read the article here, it might be what you are looking for...

How do I generate an e-mail list from Access 2007?
Hi folks, What I need is quite simple and useful. I have a table which contains all the students' information, including their email address. And sometimes I would like to send emails to all of them. Is there a way in Access 2007 that I can easily generate an email list, in a format like "email1, email2, email3,.....". In this case, I could just simple copy and paste the email list to my sending email. Thanks a ton!! Casy On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:22:00 -0800, Casy <Casy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi folks, > What I need is quite simple and us...

How do I make Microsoft outlook my default e-mail handler?
I have windows xp home edition, and office 2000. I have the option to make outlook express my default e-mail but not outlook and that is what I need to use for the calendar and news capabilities. Carol S. cwacarol@cox-internet.com Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "cwacarol" <cwacarol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D70BC32-206E-4298-9C71-DD5103DFB4A5@microsoft.com... >I have windows xp home edition, and office 2000. I have the option to make > outlook express my default e-mail but not outlook and t...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

Exchange organization e-mail routing
I have several Exchange servers in its own administrative group in its own domain. All domains are in the same forest. When I create a new user, I get default exchange server from different administrative group. But I won’t to use different server, for user mailbox. I can choose the right server and so on, it works… I would like to change that to different server, so default server is other server. Default exchange server is in not well connected network in different administrative group. So I would like to change default server in to well connected server in different exchange administ...

How do I reset Windows Mail? Multiple emails keep downloading.
I bought a windows computer with vista and Windows Mail. I set up my email and now every email is downloading over and over again each time I hit send and receive. I am on my fifth set up emails and have over 57,000 emails in my "in" box. How can I reset Windows Mail to it's original (factory) setting....meaning bringing it back to brand new. Also, how do I download emails from my server only ONCE, and then only new emails from then on? Help please! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:41:01 -0800, Renee Wood <Renee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I bough...

problem with e-mail tracking
Hello! I can not turn e-mail tracking off. I can go to system settings and turn off e-mail tracking. But when i go again to system setting e-mail tracking is turned on. Dont understand why. Also i tried to change some of tracking settings. like change from CRM to MRC. Again when i go againt to system settings all is like it was before changing. Anyone have solution?? Sorry for my poor English. yes the answer is probably that your reporting system is not working. Some of the system settings are for reports. If reports are not working then you will not be able to save system settings ====...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

rejected e-mails
just downloaded outlook express 6 and can't send any e- mails error message 421. The 421 error code means that the outgoing server that you're trying to send through has been shut down and is no longer responding. Check that the name of the outgoing server in your account is correct. If it is, contact your ISP and ask them whether there's a problem with their servers (apparently cox.net is currently having problems, according to some other posts). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <...

Mail disappears from folders
Mail moved to my draft folder from my inbox is gone when I reenter Windows Live Mail....also, after creating a folder, such as Saved Mail, it also disappears, along with the mail that was in it, when I return to the mail program..... The folders I create along with any mail I put in those folders is gone when I return to my mail program....how can I fix this and is there anyway to retrieve that mail...??? I have a Toshiba Satelitte laptop with Windows 7 OS...... Check your views... WLM Menu/View/Show or Hide/Show all messages The Draft folder is best used by clicking on Fil...

Transferring E-mail accounts
I am switching hard drives on my laptop. I have to re-install windows as well as office. How do I copy, or transfer, my outlook e-mails as well as adresses to my new hard drive? I tried to copy the .pst files, but it won't allow me to copy them to a CD. Help please.... Is Outlook closed when you try to copy the .pst file? Use C+A+D and ensure there is no instance of outlook.exe (or mapi if using an older version) running. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to...

sending new e-mail message
got a new computer - am able to reply to a message that someone sends to me, but cannot "create" a new message and send it. Comes back undeliverable. Have typed in different e-mail addresses to try and send to and comes back with every one of them. Please post your version of Outlook when requesting help. Depending on your version, what happens when you use the Test Account Settings? Post the exact error message on the Errors tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.c...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook???
I keep getting the message in the title. I am using Outlook XP, SP3 and Norton Antispam (part of Norton Internet Security 2004). I know the reason I get the message is because Norton Antispam is trying to access my address book so I would like to turn off the message so I don't receive a message box 50 times per day that says: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it maybe a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (x) Minutes. x = 1, 2, 5, or 10 Is there ANY way to tur...

e-mail #49
Somehow I ended up having my e-mail sent to m/s outlook, instead of my regular mail (outlook express). Do I uninstall this program, and how do I do it thankyou, judithc@mountaincable.net You can remove Outlook by running MS Office's setup and remove it from there. Also, if you remove your email account from Outlook, it can't receive your mail "judith c" <judith c@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111CED6B-F5BE-4C86-8021-D87D6019C975@microsoft.com... > Somehow I ended up having my e-mail sent to m/s outlook, instead of my > regular mail (out...

Mail Disable Public Folders???
Hi, The Environment: Exchange Enterprise 2K3 SP1 in Native Mode on W2K3 Enterprise SP1 Was migrated from a Exchange 5.5 environment. All remnants of 5.5 and NT4.0 are long gone. The problem: We would like to mail disable many public folders because we need to do a dump via LDAP or WMI of all the SMTP addresses to give to our external mail forwarder/scanner. Here is the problem: If I am in ESM and right click on a folder and them pick all tasks I am prompted for "mail enable" the public folder. This is what I expect. The folder has not been mail enabled. If I then right...

Import PST e-mail from Windows Vist Outlook to Windows 7 Outlook
When I import the file outlook.pst which I made in Windows Vista into Outlook in Windows 7, it is put into the folder "large files' and when I tried to open, it imported my addresses, but it will not open to release my e-mail from Vista. Iget error message "Cannot open this item. Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe item." How to I open it. It is NOT unsafe; I scanned it for viruses. -- Peter Mussallem ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Peter Mussallem's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/1795...

Logo in signature attaches in E-Mail
I have my companies logo in my e-mail signature. When I send an e-mail using my signature, the logo is in the e- mail, but the logo also attaches itself as a .png extension. How do I make sure that every e-mail will not attach the logo? Thanks for your help ...

Cannot send email with Windows Live Mail
So i live in Mexico , i have an email adress at work wich i read from home but for some reason cannot reply or send new mail using that account here at home , i have been reading the other posts but nothing has help me , here is the error message : The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'mail.arrk.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 My ISP is Cablemas , Sony VAIO laptop runnig Vista Home Basic , Microsoft Security Essentials my antivirus . Please help !!! ...

E-mail Names
How do I set the auto complete not to display the e-mail address but only the name? You can't. Autocomplete will display whatever resides in the Autocompletion cache which is derived from the addresses to which you've already sent messages. Why do you think that needs to be changed? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook 2003 E-mail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F814770D-0F7E-442D-BE3C-9A6CAB922580@microsoft.com... > How do I set the auto complete not to display the e-mail address but only the name? ...

moving mail from a public folder to a new mailbox
I can't seem to find an easy way to move the contents of a public folder to a newly created mailbox without setting up and Outlook client. Any ideas? Currently, using Outlook (or I suppose OWA would work too) is the only way to export data from public folders that I am aware of. It would be nice if Exmerge had this functionality, but it doesn't. Why the aversion to setting up an Outlook client? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) <soundy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152119...

Sending POP3 or internal mail e-mail's difrent in Outlook 2003 from the previous versions?
Hi, been using a combination of Outlook (since 97 version) and Exchange Server 5.5 for years. A few days ago upgraded to 2003. I have to mail accounts: one is POP3/SMTP for external mail, and the other is the Exchange Server account for internal mail (SBS 2000 server). I used to have the POP3/SMTP account to be processed first and the Exchange Server second. When I sended a e-mail for an internal contact it was sended correct. The same happened to the external mail. But now with Outlook 2003 when I send an e-mail to a internal contact I recieve a few seconds later a message from my ISP S...