How to publish free/busy for all users

Hello,

We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to
exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007.  Our users
are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used
instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some
users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility
is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make
every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the
company. My question(s) are:
1- Given that the free/busy folders have been replicated to exchange 2007
and all users mailstores are pointing to them (no one is pointing to exchange
2003 PF any more), why is it that some users' free busy is available but
others not eventhough  they are on the same server and the same database?
2- How can we make this published for everyone beyond 12 months without
using Group policy?

Again, all public folders (system included) have been replicated to exchange
2007 and removed from exchange 2003.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:31:02 -0800, John Beck
<JohnBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to
>exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007.  Our users
>are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used
>instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some
>users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility
>is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make
>every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the
>company. My question(s) are:
>1- Given that the free/busy folders have been replicated to exchange 2007
>and all users mailstores are pointing to them (no one is pointing to exchange
>2003 PF any more), why is it that some users' free busy is available but
>others not eventhough  they are on the same server and the same database?
>2- How can we make this published for everyone beyond 12 months without
>using Group policy?
>
>Again, all public folders (system included) have been replicated to exchange
>2007 and removed from exchange 2003.

Did you look for http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196885 and similar
things? The whole "two months" is pretty common and lots of people ask
about it.
Searching should have got you to:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6122958.html which
contains the right registry entry for OWA and Outlook (well, OK,
Exchange server but affecting Outlook). Not sure why it didn't come up
when you searched. This:
http://www.google.com/search?q=publish+free+busy+two+months&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=
was my Google search and it was the third result.
0
Mark
1/25/2010 12:38:02 AM
My search returned the article that discusses the registry key and other
articles. I am always hesitant when it comes to registry add/change and hence
my posting to get feed back. Thanks for your esponse.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:31:02 -0800, John Beck
> <JohnBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to
> >exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007.  Our users
> >are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used
> >instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some
> >users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility
> >is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make
> >every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the
> >company. My question(s) are:
> >1- Given that the free/busy folders have been replicated to exchange 2007
> >and all users mailstores are pointing to them (no one is pointing to exchange
> >2003 PF any more), why is it that some users' free busy is available but
> >others not eventhough  they are on the same server and the same database?
> >2- How can we make this published for everyone beyond 12 months without
> >using Group policy?
> >
> >Again, all public folders (system included) have been replicated to exchange
> >2007 and removed from exchange 2003.
>
> Did you look for http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196885 and similar
> things? The whole "two months" is pretty common and lots of people ask
> about it.
> Searching should have got you to:
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6122958.html which
> contains the right registry entry for OWA and Outlook (well, OK,
> Exchange server but affecting Outlook). Not sure why it didn't come up
> when you searched. This:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=publish+free+busy+two+months&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=
> was my Google search and it was the third result.
> .

I forgot to include the KB I found
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917687

My concern was that some users FB is published beyond 12 months without
anyone changing anything while other users' FB is restricted to 2 months.
Thanks again for confirming.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:31:02 -0800, John Beck
> <JohnBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to
> >exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007.  Our users
> >are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used
> >instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some
> >users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility
> >is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make
> >every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the
> >company. My question(s) are:
> >1- Given that the free/busy folders have been replicated to exchange 2007
> >and all users mailstores are pointing to them (no one is pointing to exchange
> >2003 PF any more), why is it that some users' free busy is available but
> >others not eventhough  they are on the same server and the same database?
> >2- How can we make this published for everyone beyond 12 months without
> >using Group policy?
> >
> >Again, all public folders (system included) have been replicated to exchange
> >2007 and removed from exchange 2003.
>
> Did you look for http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196885 and similar
> things? The whole "two months" is pretty common and lots of people ask
> about it.
> Searching should have got you to:
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6122958.html which
> contains the right registry entry for OWA and Outlook (well, OK,
> Exchange server but affecting Outlook). Not sure why it didn't come up
> when you searched. This:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=publish+free+busy+two+months&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=
> was my Google search and it was the third result.
> .

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I looked at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917687 but the registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Excdo\Parameters" does not exist on my
exchange 2007 server so I guess what the KB does not mention is that you need
to create that Whole key. Plus, even trying this solution after cerating the
whole key and the mentioned subkey does not work for me.

"John Beck" wrote:

> I forgot to include the KB I found
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917687
>
> My concern was that some users FB is published beyond 12 months without
> anyone changing anything while other users' FB is restricted to 2 months.
> Thanks again for confirming.
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:31:02 -0800, John Beck
> > <JohnBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to
> > >exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007.  Our users
> > >are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used
> > >instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some
> > >users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility
> > >is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make
> > >every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the
> > >company. My question(s) are:
> > >1- Given that the free/busy folders have been replicated to exchange 2007
> > >and all users mailstores are pointing to them (no one is pointing to exchange
> > >2003 PF any more), why is it that some users' free busy is available but
> > >others not eventhough  they are on the same server and the same database?
> > >2- How can we make this published for everyone beyond 12 months without
> > >using Group policy?
> > >
> > >Again, all public folders (system included) have been replicated to exchange
> > >2007 and removed from exchange 2003.
> >
> > Did you look for http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196885 and similar
> > things? The whole "two months" is pretty common and lots of people ask
> > about it.
> > Searching should have got you to:
> > http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6122958.html which
> > contains the right registry entry for OWA and Outlook (well, OK,
> > Exchange server but affecting Outlook). Not sure why it didn't come up
> > when you searched. This:
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=publish+free+busy+two+months&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=
> > was my Google search and it was the third result.
> > .

Allow users to copy text from articles
As far as I can tell, there is no way to select and copy text from a knowledge base article.* I've run into 2 situations so far this morning where that would've been useful. Linda *OK, I could unpublish it, then copy the text, or e-mail it to myself... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

Microsoft Publisher vs Adobe Photoshop?
I am wanting to do a business where I will need to print clear, crisp pictures and have text right next to it and will need different font sizes and color. Also will need to have divider lines. Will be using bitmap and Jpeg pictures mostly. Which is my best bet, photoshop or Publisher? I know photoshop cost a lot more. Thanks Mark The two are oranges and apples. Publisher is a desktop publishing application, Photoshop is an image manipulator. InDesign is Adobe's DTP product. Depends on your needs. Publisher doesn't misprint pictures, Publisher depends on your printer to have t...

Making a user appear in one address list but not the other
Hi All We have exchange 2003, a global address list and then another address list we set up called suppliers. Can we make an email address appear in the suppliers address list BUT NOT in the global address list. If we hide it it hides from both Thanks in advance Mark Try these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us Nue "Marka" <Marka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:035078B5-F624-4294-A6B0-06EAE0594FF4@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > We have exchange 2003, a global address list and then anoth...

Publisher 98 Toolbars
Hi All, I have Publisher 98 and Win XP SP2. In the "View" menu all 3 toolbars are ticked but only the standard toolbar is showing. I tried the "Objects" icon on the left and both the "Standard" and "Formatting" toolbars are also ticked. I am having difficulty in making a watermark on a wedding invitation. Can anyone please tell me how to make these toolbars show. Also most of the options in the Format menu are greyed out. Thanks in advance Teriel9 PUB98: How to Reset the Toolbars in Publisher 98 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

how to print name on business cards?
How do I print a name on business cards? It would be easier to create business cards if you use Microsoft Word. There are templates here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=business+card SandyRose749 wrote: > How do I print a name on business cards? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Remote User Performance
We have 4 users that live out of the office and have to access CRM via a VPN. WHen using the Web or online services, performance is quite slow. We suspect it is some kind of latency but aren't really sure. 3 of these users are in Europe. Does anyone have any thoughts? Anyone else running users accessing via a VPN? Thanks, Len I use CRM over VPN all the time. There a number of factors here. You need to go back to basics. Is there normal network tasks such as email working okay. Do you have an intranet they could try access? they could also try a simple ping to see what the de...

How to validate user input on a CEdit?
Hi, I want to validate user input on a CEdit. If users click OK or Enter and the CEdit still blank, then I must raise error dialog message to current user. I have done this way below but it did not work: By the way, I don't know how to handle the keydown event to catch if user press Enter. Because I thought that the CWnd has handled it automatically since if the focus is on the CEdit and I press Enter key, the dialog will automatically closed. How to handle the KeyDown event? void CEditDlg::OnOK() { // TODO: この位置にその他の検証用のコードを追加してください UpdateData( TRUE ); if ( m_edtFujiCode !...

multi-user / microsoft-contacts
Is it possible to use Outlook - Contacts for a multi-user application. I have six computers networked in my office / can we install Outlook to the local drive and share the same data from a network drive. Is there anything special relative to installing Outlook // would it have to be installed locally AND on the network -- OR ONLY ON THE NEWWORK. Can users access the SAME database simultaneously, if they are all sharing the same Outlook.pst file??? -- Warmest regards, Stephen Horrillo Outlook can't share its files directly. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA0114775...

Doing Business in Money
Is it possible to run a business in MS Money? I currecntly use Quickbooks but hate it! I would like to do payrole, corporate tax filing, book keeping and the other checkbook features that quickbooks currently serve my business with. I am thinking about using money 2004 small business but I do not know if it is better than quickbooks any suggestions would be great Jflex1@aol.com First realize Money doesn't cost as much as QuickBooks so it's not going to do as much. Instead of rehashing Money's limited business features, my best suggestion would be to look through this ne...

How do I do a pull quote in Publisher 2002
I'm doing a newsletter in Publisher 2002 and would like to do just that. A pulll quote is a quote tht stands out from the main body of text. -- Sincerely, Barry Brindisi Web: http://www.shorevineyard.com http://www.bethberakah.com A pull quote is just another inserted text box. The Design Gallery has a good selection of pull quotes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Barry" <nbbrindisi@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message news:17F776D7-3B99-4E11-A3B2-A501494CBB4C@microsoft.com... > I...

E-mail going to disabled users then getting client NDR
Our organization has a security group called EFO. When users e-mail EFO it will send a message to all users in the organization. The problem is, when users leave, we disable them, but an EFO e-mail will still attempt to send to that disabled mailbox and the send will receive an NDR as follows The following recipient(s) could not be reached Alman, Xxxxxxx on 6/7/2004 8:26 A The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator <mail1-xxxx.net #5.2...

Grant right to other user in AD and only read can't Del
I have set in Exchange Advance -mail box permission --Right have give the right user allow read and full mail box access , other feature i haven't select ,but this user can access but also can del the mail to other mail box ,what can i do ? If full mailbox access, that means all things. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "snakesboy" <snakesboys@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175140531.333453.219520@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have set in Exchange Advance -mail box permission --Right have give > the right user allow read and full mail box access , other ...

Installing Business Portal for GP9.0 #2
Hi all, I have a SharePoint Portal Server that is seperated from a GP server and a SQL server in another box. I'ld like to install Business Portal for the GP. Where is the best place to install the BP (on the SharePoint server or the GP server)? Please advise. I tried to find a Business Portal placement guide on the CustomerSource, I couldn't find it. If someone knows the place to go, please let me know. Thanks in advance, DK. Business Portal is a sharepoint application. We have BP/SharePoint/IIS on one server while GP9 sql resides on another server. The consultant installed...

Local Exchange users not receiving mail #2
Outlook IS our email client, SMTP is the protocol, Outlook is in the Corp/Workgroup mode, MS Exchange Server Service was installed on the Outlook client through Tools|Services|Add. The Outlook client found the Exchange Server and underlined the aliases without incident. Internal email is pretty much like a message service within the domain. It is not Internet based. It does not use IIS. Yeah, how _do_ you know if you're sending? Can people send to themselves? Just a wild guess, but maybe you need to tweak your RUP to correct the SMTP addresses due to some DNS thing. What abou...

How do I stop users from accessing the global address list??
I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users that I've added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address list and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers etc). I just want Administrators to be able to access it. How do I do that? Modify the permission of the Global Address List by right-clicking it in ESM, selecting Properties, then go to the Security tab. "Sterling" <Sterling_Jacobson@RemoveMeHotmail.com> wrote in message news:uVRRoYvfEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I want to run a hosted Ex...

Dashed Borders Publisher 2000
Can anyone suggest how I might get a dashed border around a picture using Publisher 2000? I can see that there are dashed border options in later versions of the package but can't find it in 2000, and I don't really want to have to create a custom border! Andrea Jones Andrea Jones wrote: > Can anyone suggest how I might get a dashed border around > a picture using Publisher 2000? I can see that there are > dashed border options in later versions of the package > but can't find it in 2000, and I don't really want to > have to create a custom border! > ...

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

new user questions
I recently purchased the action pack subscription and am evaluating CRM standard suite. We're testing with a few different business units and I'm curious if anyone knows once we're satisfied with it, if we can take the data from the action pack version and upgrade to the real version. The license agreement states no licenses can be added to the action pack version but I don't want to spend tons of time learning/customizing it only to find out we can move that config to a production box. Hi Jason, you can move the configuration easily to a new box by exporting the X...

Mail Merge in Publisher #2
I am trying to mail merge and excel document with a publisher document. Every time I click on "Show merge reuslts" in mail merge my computer says I have a "Numeric Field Overlfow". I have know idea what this is. Can someone pleasr help me. Thanks! ...

File names in Publisher 2007
I just got a new computer and upgraded to Publisher 2007 (as part of Office 2007). When I open one of my Publisher 2003 files which are all .htm files, Publisher opens them as a generic file called Publication 1 or Publication 2. When I go to save any changes, it wants to save it as Publication 1 instead of my original name for the publication, and it also wants to save it as a ..pub file. Even if I have previously opened the file in Publisher 2007 and saved it as a web page with the original file name, the next time it opens again as a generic "Publication 1" Is there any w...

How to open 'Read only' Publisher files
I'm running MS Publisher 2003 and need to open a .pub file that is marked 'Read Only' - Help please John the Skipper Have you tried the right-click on the file, properties, uncheck read only? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JOHN THE SKIPPER" <JOHN THE SKIPPER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089BB1DC-EDE6-4136-806E-CE94E4AFC66B@microsoft.com... > I'm running MS Publisher 2003 and need to open a .pub file that is marked > 'Read Only' - Help please > John the Skipper Read only should not be stoppi...

publisher 2003 DOES not use printer installed
publisher 2003 DOES not recognize or use installed printer, ALL THE OTHER OFFICE PRO 2003 PROGRAMS DO. What model printer do you have? Did you read the article I suggested earlier? http://msauer.mvps.org/print_solutions.htm The right column... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PADutchman" <PADutchman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280A9386-1C1C-46AA-B659-0C6D24966CEF@microsoft.com... > publisher 2003 DOES not recognize or use installed printer, ALL > THE OTHER > OFFICE PRO 2003 PROGRAMS DO. > > ...

Publisher 2007 files to Publisher 2002
I am working on a two page spread for our weekly Church paper. I work in Publisher 2007 at home and email (.pub files) them to a lady at church who puts the whole paper together for the printer. She is using PUB 2003. When she opens my files the colors and graphics are always different, and she sometimes spends hours adjusting them on her side. Is there a conflict between the two publisher versions or should I be doing something different? She does not want them as a PDF in case she needs to make any changes. -- CathyK maybe printer setup differences? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob ...

How to set up 2 Users?
"Steve B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c701c3d3a8$9ec12390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Publisher Manual
I'm helping some teenagers put together a literary magazine with Publisher 2002. Where can I find a manual to figure this thing out? Thanks. Well there is the one that came with Publisher called the 'companion'. There is not a lot to figure out at all. What do you want to know or what to do. -- ...