how to prevent users to sending mail

Hi

Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so they
can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchange) only read items in
their mailboxes?
Thanks

Regards
Miha

You could look at putting an explicit deny on their Send As rights on the
Security Tab of the User object.

Why do you want to do this?

Glen

"Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so they
> can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchange) only read items in
> their mailboxes?
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> Miha

0
glen8299 (58)
9/1/2004 8:35:00 AM
Probably easier to simply set the Prohibit Send Limiit to 1kb.

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:35:00 +1000, "Glen Trafford"
<glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote:

>You could look at putting an explicit deny on their Send As rights on the
>Security Tab of the User object.
>
>Why do you want to do this?
>
>Glen
>

>"Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so they
>> can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchange) only read items in
>> their mailboxes?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards
>> Miha

0
adavid (8731)
9/1/2004 9:12:35 AM
Thanks for a tip.
I set DENY in security 'Send As' of a user's properties in 'Self', and
'Everyone' but user is still able to send mail. Don't know why??
The direction came from our marketing director, to block some of mail
accounts for sending ... don't know why if I'm exactly :-).

Regards
Miha

"Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
> You could look at putting an explicit deny on their Send As rights on the
> Security Tab of the User object.
>
> Why do you want to do this?
>
> Glen
>

> "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so they
>> can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchange) only read items in
>> their mailboxes?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards
>> Miha

Another way is on the Exchange delivery tab you could set the delivery
restrictions to 1kb (not sure if 0 would work). This would definitely stop
them sending mail larger than 1Kb but would allow them to send messages
smaller than 1kb which maybe acceptable.

The full mailbox access on the Exchange advanced tab is probably overriding
the Send As deny or at least interacting with it to allow the user to still
send.

> Thanks for a tip.
> I set DENY in security 'Send As' of a user's properties in 'Self', and
> 'Everyone' but user is still able to send mail. Don't know why??
> The direction came from our marketing director, to block some of mail
> accounts for sending ... don't know why if I'm exactly :-).
>
> Regards
> Miha
>
> "Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
> > You could look at putting an explicit deny on their Send As rights on
the
> > Security Tab of the User object.
> >
> > Why do you want to do this?
> >
> > Glen
> >

> > "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so
they
> >> can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchange) only read items in
> >> their mailboxes?
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Miha

0
glen8299 (58)
9/1/2004 9:05:03 PM
Thanks. I'll try to set restrictions to 1 kb.
Thank you again for help

> Another way is on the Exchange delivery tab you could set the delivery
> restrictions to 1kb (not sure if 0 would work). This would definitely stop
> them sending mail larger than 1Kb but would allow them to send messages
> smaller than 1kb which maybe acceptable.
>
> The full mailbox access on the Exchange advanced tab is probably
> overriding
> the Send As deny or at least interacting with it to allow the user to
> still
> send.
>
> Glen
>

> "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
>> Thanks for a tip.
>> I set DENY in security 'Send As' of a user's properties in 'Self', and
>> 'Everyone' but user is still able to send mail. Don't know why??
>> The direction came from our marketing director, to block some of mail
>> accounts for sending ... don't know why if I'm exactly :-).
>>
>> Regards
>> Miha
>>
>> "Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
>> > You could look at putting an explicit deny on their Send As rights on
> the
>> > Security Tab of the User object.
>> >
>> > Why do you want to do this?
>> >
>> > Glen
>> >

>> > "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message

> they

Note: You want to set the Prohibit Send Limit on the mailbox, not the
message size limit.. A side effect of this: The user will get the
daily IS notifications that his/her mailbox is over limits if you have
those enabled.

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:26:30 +0200, "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote:

>Thanks. I'll try to set restrictions to 1 kb.
>Thank you again for help
>
>Regards
>Miha
>
>"Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
>> Another way is on the Exchange delivery tab you could set the delivery
>> restrictions to 1kb (not sure if 0 would work). This would definitely stop
>> them sending mail larger than 1Kb but would allow them to send messages
>> smaller than 1kb which maybe acceptable.
>>
>> The full mailbox access on the Exchange advanced tab is probably
>> overriding
>> the Send As deny or at least interacting with it to allow the user to
>> still
>> send.
>>
>> Glen
>>

>> "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for a tip.
>>> I set DENY in security 'Send As' of a user's properties in 'Self', and
>>> 'Everyone' but user is still able to send mail. Don't know why??
>>> The direction came from our marketing director, to block some of mail
>>> accounts for sending ... don't know why if I'm exactly :-).
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Miha
>>>
>>> "Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
>> the

>> they

0
adavid (8731)
9/2/2004 11:21:42 AM
Thanks for catching that. I was thinking of the send limit as I was typing
size limit.

Cheers

Glen

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:ac0ej0pdqbc5lrv827r93qflq4p2peapjm@4ax.com...
> Note: You want to set the Prohibit Send Limit on the mailbox, not the
> message size limit.. A side effect of this: The user will get the
> daily IS notifications that his/her mailbox is over limits if you have
> those enabled.
>

> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:26:30 +0200, "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote:
>
> >Thanks. I'll try to set restrictions to 1 kb.
> >Thank you again for help
> >
> >Regards
> >Miha
> >
> >"Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
> >> Another way is on the Exchange delivery tab you could set the delivery
> >> restrictions to 1kb (not sure if 0 would work). This would definitely
stop
> >> them sending mail larger than 1Kb but would allow them to send messages
> >> smaller than 1kb which maybe acceptable.
> >>
> >> The full mailbox access on the Exchange advanced tab is probably
> >> overriding
> >> the Send As deny or at least interacting with it to allow the user to
> >> still
> >> send.
> >>
> >> Glen
> >>

> >> "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message

> >> the

> >> they

0
glen8299 (58)
9/2/2004 11:33:24 AM
Heck, I do that all the time. Especially, if I havent had coffee yet.
:)

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:33:24 +1000, "Glen Trafford"
<glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote:

>Thanks for catching that. I was thinking of the send limit as I was typing
>size limit.
>
>Cheers
>
>Glen
>

>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:ac0ej0pdqbc5lrv827r93qflq4p2peapjm@4ax.com...
>> Note: You want to set the Prohibit Send Limit on the mailbox, not the
>> message size limit.. A side effect of this: The user will get the
>> daily IS notifications that his/her mailbox is over limits if you have
>> those enabled.
>>

>> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:26:30 +0200, "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks. I'll try to set restrictions to 1 kb.
>> >Thank you again for help
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Miha
>> >
>> >"Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com> wrote in message
>stop

>on

>items

0
adavid (8731)

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Sending Email #6

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

send on behalf #6
Hi, We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users and computers" won't let me do this. I can only see users. No groups. Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest. I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name. Could it be a GC problem? Am I missing something? Thanks On 19 May 2006 06:43:07 -0700, dany_langlois@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on >behalf" permiss...

proper casing mail merge
Hi All, I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? Thanks, rodchar Select the whole text, Format, Change Case, you will now have various options to choose from. Also, note that Shft+F3 toggles between no caps, Initial caps, and all caps. -- Hope this helps DeanH "rodchar" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is > there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? > > Thanks, > rodchar thanks, that help...

OWA user can only see subject
Hello friends, OWA users are unable to see their mail. Only Subject field is visible, without mail contents(No message is visible). Our outlook is working fine. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can solve this. Regards Guri ...