how to open port in windows server 2003

hi ,
i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the
scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which
is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open,
internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another
domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side
of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the
problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend
because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 for receiving ,
and smtp (25) is open on that system and pop3 is colsed , now tell me how can
i open pop3(110) on that system so that i can send and receive my mails from
outside of my network .
thanks
regards ALI

It's hard to say how you can open a port without knowing what's running on
your firewall/gateway.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"mohammad ali" <mohammadali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi ,
> i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the
> scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter
> which
> is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open,
> internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from
> another
> domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out
> side
> of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing
> the
> problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend
> because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 for receiving
> ,
> and smtp (25) is open on that system and pop3 is colsed , now tell me how
> can
> i open pop3(110) on that system so that i can send and receive my mails
> from
> outside of my network .
> thanks
> regards ALI

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Adding columns to Look Up Records window
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC?
Is it possible to upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC? My sister-in-law just made the move to a mac. Sheowned Office on her old Gateway Laptop, can she upgrade to the Mac from her PC version? thanks. --Kevin Nope, no cross-upgrade discount. But if she bought a new Mac, there is a current discount that she may qualify for, which is even better--check the Office Bonus link at Apple: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/BizCustom?qprm=78313&family=officebo nus&mco=B6A3A393&cid=WWW-OFFICE051119-JOXP5 Be sure to read the fine print on the rebate coupon--expi...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

Opening Second Instance of Access
Running MSA2K3. I have this problem a lot. I have an MDB open and I run a query. It uses up most of my CPU, but I'm still able to open and work in other applications (IE, Lotus Notes, whatever). However, if I try to open another MDB, it doesn't seem to open until the other MDB finishes processing. If I enter debug mode in MDB #1, then MDB #2 opens right up. What I think is happening is when I open MDB #2, Windows/Access sees there's another instance of Access running, so it uses the first instance to load the MDB--instead of just starting another instant of Access. Has anyon...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

Currrent date from server
Access XP. The main date entry in the F/E file contains a date field where the user type today's date. Management wanted the date to show automatically. No problem I used date() and locked the box. The problem is that the user can change the date in his/her computer, therefore the date changes in the records. Since the date in the server cannot be changed by the users, is there a way to pass the server's date to date field? Thanx. Do you have user-level security enabled and access to that table locked tightly down? If not, there's nothing to stop the users from changing th...

Add a Second Exchange Server
If I want to install a second exchange 2000 server (or 2003) can I just install it normally and then in the event that we lose our primary server (server A) can I take the most recent clean shutdown edb and stm files and mount them to the second server and then have the clients re-point their profiles to server B? Thanks! Hello, Actually the Active Directory will still have them pointing to the old server. You would have to run exchange tasks and remove exchange attributes and then reconnect them through Exchange System Manager to the mailboxes on the new server. They then would...

Exchange System Manager slow to open
It takes my system manger about 3-5 minutes to open. anyone have any idea why this is so. i have my AD dns entries in my TCP\IP properties. I was able to open this program normally before i did a system reload. now it is super slow. ???? help chris holcombc@mail.ecu.edu ...

How many actual users in Exchange 2003?
How can I find out how many users I have on Exchange 2003? In 5.5 I could go to the recipients folder in the Exchange Admin program and it would tell me how many. I know that Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory but I still can not find an exact way to tell me how many mailboxes I have. We want to make sure we are not exceeding our license and will buy more if needed. In Exchange System Manager browse down to your Mailbox Store (under your Server object and Storage Group) and go to Mailboxes and see on your right hand side. If you have more than one mailbox store, check each one. --...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

Subform
I'm trying to add a subform to a form that I had already created. The subform is based off the field for the Patient Visit Date. Each patient may have multiple visit dates, so I added the subform to be able to capture multiple values for the same patient, but whenever I try to enter more than one date I get an error message that says "You can't assign a value to this object. * The object may be a control on a read-only form * The object may be on a form that is open in design view * The value may be too large for this field." I was hoping that when I enter...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

Using the MS CRM standard lookup window in a custom form?
Hi, I am writing a custom web form that I am opening within the ms crm web application. I need to lookup a contact and populate a field on my webform with the selected contact from the lookup form. I would rather not reinvent the wheel, is it possible to use the standard MS CRM lookup records web form and return data from it to my custom form? TIA Hi. I have the same needings. How do you solve it ? Sebastiano "Karl Iuel" <karli@ispartners.co.za> ha scritto nel messaggio news:uD0ALlVbDHA.2928@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am writing a custom web form th...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

display textfile at server side..
In a client server system, the client's job is generating a random number and save it in a text file ( at the server side). Meanwhile, the server's job is display the text file when meet some condition at the client side. How can i code in the way that asking the server to show the text file ? And do i need to install any related software at the server side? Hope can get the solution soon cause my project is running out of time.. thanks p/s: i dont have any experience at client server system First of all, the scenario itself isn't complete. Does the server needs to send comple...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

Outlook error on opening
I'm receiving the following msg when I open Outlook: 'C:\Documents&Settings|Application data\microsoft\addins\C:\progra~1\micros~2\office11\addins\outbak.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in. I can then click on OK and Outlook will open. I have attempted to locate this file to remove it, but search comes up empty. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Did you have the Outlook Personal Folders Backup utility installed at one time? If yes, just go to Tools->Options-.Other->Advanced and under Add-in Manager, uncheck this from the addins list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Unable to book resource via server
I'm posting this in the server forum since I think it's a server issue and not a client issue. When someone created a meeting with a resource it says the server must be online to do this. We just moved from a Exch2000 server to a Exch2003 server. If the Exch2000 server is "down" it will not work, once it's back up.. it allows the meeting to get assigned. What am I missing that I haven't moved to the new exchange server? Thanks AlbertP Did you replicate the System Public Folders to the 2003 server? Specifically the Free/Busy public folder? what do you have ...